[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so before I get into my regular breakdown of this episode, I have to say this. I was a might disappointed in this episode. Ok not a might... maybe a bit... No maybe a whole bunch. I want to be kind about it bit I was annoyed for several reasons so let's just get that out of the way first...

Spoiler

- Where the frick was KK/No? I know there is going to be a spinoff but give us a teaser already. There's nothing in this section of the buffet and I feel like I would have wanted to sample the goodies.

- Why do I feel like Tum and Tar wouldn't ever get together. I feel like the most that's going to happen in Tar will spill, there will be hugs and words of support and that's it. This is my last ship to set sail and I feel like it's going to pitter out in the shallows. There is only so much bloody wind I can blow into the sails before my lungs concave.

-I felt like I was watching LBC episode 2 a la TinCan instead of episode 11. I don't want to feel like I'm starting the show over when the damn thing is almost to an end already.

-This was another filler (which didn't do a single thing to push the episode along in my opinion) and I'm starting to be annoyed because there are 3 more freaking episodes to go and I can't sense where this is all going. I respect P'Alone for keeping me in the dark plot wise. I can usually figure out what's happening next with most shows but there are too many couples to be distracted by and too many people to keep track of so I'll just go with the most urgent questions: Is DayLi going to be as bad as some are making her out to be? If TC are only picking up now, how much of them are we going to get when we still have AP drama to handle, plus TT confession scene, not to mention a sprinkle of KN.

Like, there just aren't enough hours for me to see this being pulled off well unless they are leaving us high and dry with a cliff hanger and no word of season 2. 

That's my biggest dread right there. This better work out somehow because if season 2 isn't a thing, I don't want to be left high and dry. 

-I'm also aware that I may be reading to much into this and everything will work out great but I can't seem to help the wild thoughts... (Ugh now I have to go listen to the song)

Now onto the breakdown...

Spoiler

- That scene where Ae gave Pete the shrimp... I bet he was feeling so smug and DayLi was wishing she could do the same.

I really do love Pete's mom here. She was feeling the vibes and she knew Ae was puffing the green stuff. Also another sign that she approves is she encourages Ae to stay. She could have sent him packing without a blink like she did DayLi... I also think she's aware of how much this girl likes Pete but she's not taking it too seriously at the moment. The cutest part is Pete just seems unaware of all this and is just proud of his unwrapping skills while Ae just looks like he wants Pete to put a shrimp on his plate too.

- Green Smoke shrouded that room Ae and Pete were sleeping in for the duration of that conversation but Ae did ask 1 question I was wondering about. Did Pete hate his Dad. I'm quite happy it was asked and pleased with the answer. My grandmother would have answered like that and he made me miss her and give her a call.

Ae's inability to keep things bottled for long is very refreshing I must say. I like this about him a lot but it does have it's down side. Imagine asking him if you put on a little weight and he says "Yes. Your thighs are fatter and you have tires around your waist and your cloths don't fit right anymore..." I would kill him.:lol:. BTW is that like the 3rd suggested sex scene or the second. I'm pleased at least that we know they do it... :blush:

- A point of interest. I do like the way they make the kisses feel authentic. They don't just lip touch but the hand placements are also key. The way Pete places his hands on Ae's neck or cheek and vice versa are really emphasizing the moment. 

- I respect Type for not telling Tum about Tar. 

- When I saw Can's mom, I choked on my lunch. Like holy richard simmons. It's homophobe mom from MIR. They actually fit. She has a hyper way about her too. You can just see Can being his mom's boy. And Gucci, you were like the nong Yim for TC. I hope you continue to run away to Tin in the future. And Tin, why are you so sexy? It's distracting. I also feel like Can's mom will have no problems accepting this son in law. Can was hella rude in the restaurant. Tin lied about lying and can you stop playing with Can's feelings already? Can is such a gullible sweetheart. Tin you are so confused right now.

Cantaloupe is one of my favorite fruits besides watermelon and grapes. I just couldn't stop grinning at the nickname. 

- Just how old is what's his name (Tin's brother)? In the flash back they didn't look that far apart in age but now they do. I'm suddenly very curious about the age difference. And why does it look like Tin lives alone in a huge house? Not even one person dusting the drapes in the background?

Way to go Lemon... Your working hard already and you have no idea. I love the silly internal conflict over getting the pictures and just the way Lemon used the cute words just made it all so funny because we know what she's up to. 

-Can asking Pete to pinky swear is just sweet. That note shakes Tin's world more than he cares to admit. They are in that cute stage. It's nice.

Wait... Are they setting the stage for that scene where Tin ruffles Can hair while he's standing next to his nephew? I hope things go a bit more smoothly for them.

- Ae is encouraging Pond in his own way and that's nice. ChaAim and Pond just fit. I love them. Ae, didn't you tell Pete that the next time you need help, you'll let him help you? Has going to Pete's house and seeing it's grandness gone to your head? And when your not being insecure about Pete's money, your puffing that green smoke. I see you bro. You just don't want Pete next to your hot friends. I understand that all of them are supposed to be better looking than you are and then you have the fact that one or two of them are in committed relationships with other guys. What other gay wolf is hiding in this neighbourhood?

Still, you were a richard simmons. The look on Pete's face when Ae brought up Shampoo was like being kicked. I wanted to kick Ae myself and he knew right away he fricked up too. Bless him, his honesty is his redemption. 

And did you have to fix his hair so perfectly just so he could apologise to Pete?

I love you ChaAim for setting your standards high and making Pond meet that. He's such a child. And Pond did you ditch your cupid duties to ChaAim? Oh wait, what am I saying. She wanted to share. That's more like it...

I'm interested in who Ai'Sun will be.

-About the sneak peak, I really hope they were done because there's nothing like coitus interruptus (and yes I do know I'm using the term incorrectly) to give you a case of blue balls. And I mean it's not like we can tell Ae to lock the door because Pond has his own key. He should have hung a sign saying "coitus in action, sleep with Ping" and left Pond's napsack by the door.

3 hours ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

You just don't want Pete next to your hot friends. I understand that all of them are supposed to be better looking than you are and then you have the fact that one or two of them are in committed relationships with other guys. What other gay wolf is hiding in this neighbourhood?

According to Ae, Pete is so handsome he might turn the other straight guys to gay :P

so apparently there are some rough translation of the first few chapters floating around the internet. so i compile some differences between the novel and series for episode one in addition to some interesting things. Since it is a rough translation, the following details might be wrong. Differences are mostly minor changes, probably due to time constrain for series or better story telling.

Spoiler

Hide just in case

Spoiler
  • In the series, the car avoid Pete which cause Ae to crash onto Pete. In Novel, Pete never saw the car and Ae was the one who pulled him away from the road.
    • Pete was not paying attention because he just finished a phone call with Trump. This is the first time Pete rejected giving Trump any money (not mentioned in series).
  • In series, Ae leave a note to Pete. In Novel, he ask the nurse to pass the message.
  • It is mentioned in Novel a week had passed between their first and second encounter.
  • In novel, Trump is Pete's high school senior. He does not seems to belong to the university.
  • In novel, Ae landed two kicks on Trump instead of a punch in the series.
  • In novel, Ae comfort Pete in the carpark instead of bringing him to another location.
  • In novel, Pete knows Trump through a classmate. The classmate recorded the video between Pete and Trump.
  • The blackmail already happened for three months (not mentioned in series)
  • Pete actually come out to his mother much earlier, directly after first encounter with Ae as the face of his rescuer somehow gives him the courage to do so. In series, Pete only come out to his mother after Ae told him to after second encounter.
    • Ae still told Pete to confess to his mother before Trump send the video (perhaps Pete did not mention he already come out to his mother?).
  • Trump is mentioned to be handsome, but not as handsome as Pete.
  • Ae actually does not want to be roommate with Pond. He wanted to stay in a single room, or roommate with a new person (not mentioned in series).
  • Pond is mentioned to be wearing a necktie in the novel, so i assume it is a dress code to wear tie unlike the series where only mostly the ICs wear tie.
  • Pond ordered drinks from the owner, there is no mention of ChaAim, or if the owner is ChaAim.
  • In series, Pond miss the shuttle bus because he is distracted with his phone. In Novel, Ae told him to take his bicycle instead.

i doubt i will be doing other episodes since there is still no full translation of the novel online. But i am looking forward to the official english translation. Hope they ship worldwide.

4 hours ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

Like, there just aren't enough hours for me to see this being pulled off well unless they are leaving us high and dry with a cliff hanger and no word of season 2.  

Yeh, there are so many scenes what we are knowing about but didnt see yet. I'm not really worried how they will fit all this in just 3 last episodes but annoyed that i know about this scenes and waiting for it. I mean why put in the trailer something from the end of the season? For example i really wait for Ae's birthday, but seems it will be last or pre-last ep when in the trailer it was the first scene what we saw.

15 hours ago, winetart said:

Ae's dominant tendencies really came out this week. There were so many little things.

• His possessiveness towards Pete over DaLi.
  • Snapping at Pete and making that comment about Shampoo.
  • Telling Pete to shut up and listen to him.
  • Refusing to let Pete help him because he doesn't want Pete to see him as weak.
  • Telling Pete he can't come to the beach party (because he doesn't want him around his hot friends).
  • Him sending Pete off to bed like his little wife.

I'm over getting upset about it because Pete seems to like it, but are they supposed to be in a kinky relationship? Because that's what it seems like. If they're not, Ae's dominance is a lot. For next week, I'm interested in what Ae punishing Pete is about. Is he going to spank him? Are they going to have rough sex? Why does he need to punish Pete?

I know someone like Ae. They are Passionate lovers and tend to feel emotions intensely. That type of person is sometimes hard to open up to because they can seem intimidating--I guess from my personal experience with them, I had to quickly end the relationship because I wasn't into having sex and their dominance made it even more uncomfortable for me. We are still friends...But as I got older and understood them more, I realized that some people just feel things a lot more than others. And then there are people like Pete who enjoy that sort of personality, that person that can LEAD the relationship. Some people like to be led, others want an equal partnership, but for Pete they are just starting and he is more of a person who follows along. I do like it when he sort of takes an active role in their love life. 

40 minutes ago, Dali Nour said:

Someone needs to explain to Pete the definition of pinky swear :D

Definitely!:D

But i guess Pete decided that possibility of happiness for his grumpy friend is more important than broken promise.:rolleyes: 

tumblr_pgwmssUh6o1rq0e20o3_400.giftumblr_pgwmssUh6o1rq0e20o5_400.gif

This episode took longer for me to finish. There was a major distraction of the moving being. And I might have even missed a few dialogues. More about it inside.

Spoiler

VWMS2hO.jpg

Woah the kind of problems that I have nowadays. The cutest one in LBC has another cutie to compete. And I am in confusion whom to look at. Every scene Gucci came my eyes started following it, that I missed the subtitles and what others were doing, that I have to rewind... to still get distracted. Maybe by 0.00000000001% Gucci is beating Can with the cuteness. Sorry Can.. I really didnt know this would happen. sniff3.gif 

cw8uPsm.jpg

Seriously This smirk. And Can.. you saw this for real and is still roaming alive. thenotworthy.gif

Your sister likes Tin..  Your mother likes Tin.. Even your Gucci likes Tin.. And Your name is literally.. Tin. Are you sure you still dont see the red thread?

And yeah. then I got distracted.

CYxXvjy.jpg

Again

MmCuXAo.jpg

And... AGAIN..

d6VbESZ.jpg

Getting in the epsode discussion, a little bit late, but I just saw it today.

22 hours ago, deltos said:

Ae needs somebody to tell him to stop acting like a Di*ck and man-up. He has someone precious so treat him like a precious person ( oh that was so KD)  rather than object.

very true

21 hours ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

This was another filler (which didn't do a single thing to push the episode along in my opinion)

I don't think it was more filler than the previous one. Because it had some development of TinCan.  it also had some momments of interaction with Pond and his girlfriend, besides Ae Pete scenes were interesting. 

But I agree it's far from being one of the best epsodes

21 hours ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

A point of interest. I do like the way they make the kisses feel authentic. They don't just lip touch but the hand placements are also key. The way Pete places his hands on Ae's neck or cheek and vice versa are really emphasizing the moment. 

What! You can't be serious about it. the scene on the bed, in this epsode it was good, even exciting, but when they kissed I just felt like "stop, you doing it so forced" it has bothered me. Looks like they have a good chemistry to act like good friends, because when it comes to scenes like these that they are lovers, there's a lacking of consistency in the acting

About TinCan.

I'm afraid they  don't build their relationship in a suitable way. hoping they don't do things in too much of a hurry with them.

So far, it's still ok!

Can't wait for more TinCan next week ^^. NOTE: if one day in this series  I see Can(Plan) without T-shirt, I think I'm gonna die

I've seen people talk about this in other corners of the Internet so my two cents on TinCan: They're not very well written.

It wouldn't be a big problem in BL Land if AePete weren't so well written in comparison. I think the issue is the pacing of the show. We got 10 episodes with Ae and Pete and now suddenly in Episode 11 of this 14 episode series, it's the TinCan show? The writers should have given them more time earlier on because I'm really not buying it.

I don't get why Tin suddenly likes Can when he was planning to get revenge on him last week and I generally don't understand their popularity. Maybe it's because Tin is hot tragic and rich? That's standard BL seme stuff while Ae is broke and 'not that good looking' in comparison.

Either way, I want them to surprise me because right now I'm confused by their storyline and why people like it so much.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:23 PM, ahmin3 said:

If this ain't me.

I just watched 10 episodes in 3 days, found out the series isn't over AND found out I am two hours later from Thailand, so I still would theoretically have to wait another 2 hours to watch this live. Mhmm. I'll just wake up to it tomorrow hopefully. lol

Update: I watched it live without subtitles cause I'm hardcore like that.

8 hours ago, winetart said:

I've seen people talk about this in other corners of the Internet so my two cents on TinCan: They're not very well written.

It wouldn't be a big problem in BL Land if AePete weren't so well written in comparison. I think the issue is the pacing of the show. We got 10 episodes with Ae and Pete and now suddenly in Episode 11 of this 14 episode series, it's the TinCan show? The writers should have given them more time earlier on because I'm really not buying it.

I don't get why Tin suddenly likes Can when he was planning to get revenge on him last week and I generally don't understand their popularity. Maybe it's because Tin is hot tragic and rich? That's standard BL seme stuff while Ae is broke and 'not that good looking' in comparison.

Either way, I want them to surprise me because right now I'm confused by their storyline and why people like it so much.

I think this might be why I am not into them...They meet, they fight, they meet, they fight, suddenly they kiss, they fight, they meet they fight...one plans revenge, the other plans to curse/hex one, they meet, fight so on and it's kind of exhausting...I am not into kids show, but has anyone watched the one on Disney with the Asian/White actress? Ally something? In where she has a friend who is gay and for nearly an entire season he and the "bully/jock" start an awkward sort of friendship/enemy and you can't help but by the end cheer them on and want them to be together? Well, that's how I was trying to picture the Tin/Can dynamic. 

You might be right, majority of the people shipping them are in it cause they find the actors "hot" (shudders, they are so young LOl)...but I want a story with more sustenance and sadly to develop them, they will need more time. The beauty of Ae and Pete is that it took FIVE episodes to get them on the same page...Even though Ae was struggling to understand his feelings for Pete, we were able to go on that journey with him and even then, we are still on their journey. With Tin, I get the feeling (without reading the book/spoilers) that he suddenly likes Can because he has shifted his focus from breaking up Ae and Pete to making Can pay for "humiliating him" so he might want to make Can fall for him and then break up with him, only to learn that Karma is a BI*** and he is the one who falls for Can, but can they really do that in 3 episodes? Or if a second season is green lighted, will they be the main focus, even though according to spoilers Ae and Pete's story is not even half way completed? 

The more I analyse this the more I get sad cause if they don't have a second season, many people will be left unsatisfied. I really hope they get the sponsors they need and that they can also give us a longer second season and maybe Tin/Can will be a better developed coupling by then. The mistake they made was advertising this drama as FOUR PAIRS instead of having it be Ae/Pete focus with the secondary TIN/CAN...but I get they did it because they knew it would be hard to even get a second season, but they didn't realize how POPULAR the series would have become. Now, they are looking for ways to give the audience more (Kla/No spin off)...

1 hour ago, Harunacamelia said:

I think this might be why I am not into them...They meet, they fight, they meet, they fight, suddenly they kiss, they fight, they meet they fight...one plans revenge, the other plans to curse/hex one, they meet, fight so on and it's kind of exhausting...I am not into kids show, but has anyone watched the one on Disney with the Asian/White actress? Ally something? In where she has a friend who is gay and for nearly an entire season he and the "bully/jock" start an awkward sort of friendship/enemy and you can't help but by the end cheer them on and want them to be together? Well, that's how I was trying to picture the Tin/Can dynamic. 

You might be right, majority of the people shipping them are in it cause they find the actors "hot" (shudders, they are so young LOl)...but I want a story with more sustenance and sadly to develop them, they will need more time. The beauty of Ae and Pete is that it took FIVE episodes to get them on the same page...Even though Ae was struggling to understand his feelings for Pete, we were able to go on that journey with him and even then, we are still on their journey. With Tin, I get the feeling (without reading the book/spoilers) that he suddenly likes Can because he has shifted his focus from breaking up Ae and Pete to making Can pay for "humiliating him" so he might want to make Can fall for him and then break up with him, only to learn that Karma is a BI*** and he is the one who falls for Can, but can they really do that in 3 episodes? Or if a second season is green lighted, will they be the main focus, even though according to spoilers Ae and Pete's story is not even half way completed? 

The more I analyse this the more I get sad cause if they don't have a second season, many people will be left unsatisfied. I really hope they get the sponsors they need and that they can also give us a longer second season and maybe Tin/Can will be a better developed coupling by then. The mistake they made was advertising this drama as FOUR PAIRS instead of having it be Ae/Pete focus with the secondary TIN/CAN...but I get they did it because they knew it would be hard to even get a second season, but they didn't realize how POPULAR the series would have become. Now, they are looking for ways to give the audience more (Kla/No spin off)...

I read somewhere that the reason why TinCan story started this late (ep 9) is that we have to see AePete reaching that level in their relationship.

As we can see, all the caracters in the series are related, so we have te see AePete development so that TinCan's story can make sense!

I am okay with that. And i think that the fact that all the caracters are related is really a good thing.

BUT i would rather see a small but good interaction between Tin and Can than a rushed one. 

I'm sad that their story is not well written! I can't see why Tin is so interested in  Can! The only thing that made sense for me in ep 11, is the note that Can wrote! It was so special! 

I really really hope that the next episodes will be better (I don't mind not seeing their kisses! Just give me a good storyline :))

In all honesty, the only way to be truly satisfied (imo) is if we had 4 series in the same timeline that focussed on each couple with some connected scenes where they are meeting with each other in each series (for example the scene where Tin meets Pete at the field will appear in both series but the scene where Can punches Tin will be in their series because Pete and Ae were going at it in the locker and not there to witness that) and the showed all 4 series simultaneously. 

And I would totally watch it because it's a unique idea that no one else has tried. Anyway it would stop me from feeling like I just started watching a new show about TC when we're really close to the end of LBC. Which just proves that even great shows have their flaws. Still I'm enjoying it...

16 hours ago, tiny06 said:

What! You can't be serious about it. the scene on the bed, in this epsode it was good, even exciting, but when they kissed I just felt like "stop, you doing it so forced" it has bothered me. Looks like they have a good chemistry to act like good friends, because when it comes to scenes like these that they are lovers, there's a lacking of consistency in the acting

Which just proves the saying "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" What I see will never be what you see :)

Regarding Ae-Pete kissing scene, there was awkwardness/hesitation while Ae moved towards Pete's neck. This might have been seen as inconsistency due to the fact that there was no hesitation in Episode 9 scenes. Actually, I think there are 2 reasons for the hesitation for being part of the story. 1) Even in real life, being a college student, there is a misconception that they become mature all of a sudden. But I view it as a transition stage. "No more a child, Not yet an adult" thing. Somethings they Might like in love. Some others not that much. The awkwardness might be due to that. 2) Also, Ae refused it first, before Pete convinced him to. It is obvious that it was because Ae was not comfortable doing it at Pete's house. Pete's mother might check in on them whether they are sleeping well or if they need anything.

From what I see, I think they are one-upping themselves after every kiss. If at all I wanted one thing, In the episodes before this one, whenever they kiss, Ae mostly went for the upper lips. But in this recent one... Woah I died. And also Pete clenching Ae's shirt.. If there is any more kissing scenes, I dont think my heart can handle them. giggle2_zps9d553a82.gif

On a side note: It was after episode 2 that I knew that Perth was just 17 years and Saint is also on the younger side for a 20years. At that time I thought even if its just 1 or 2 "Goldfish kisses" I wont ask for anything more. Because even that will not happen usually. This chemistry and intimacy is all because of their devotion and efforts for bringing their character to life. They have done so much more than anyone can dream of, by reading the novel. It is time they get the appreciation they deserve.

Archived