Quantcast

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: LIFE, THIRTY BUT SEVENTEEN, RISKY ROMANCE, WITCH’S LOVE, YOUR HONOR, TIME

What’s It About? This drama is about the story of a terminally ill man who will do everything to help the woman whose life he ruined.

The Good This drama was a little marred with controversy when its leading actor Kim Jung-hyun demonstrated cold behavior during their press junket. His agency was quick to apologize and reasoned out that the actor was deeply affected by his character who in the drama only has days to live. I didn’t buy that alibi but after watching the pilot episode, I somehow understood where Kim Jung-hyun was coming from. His character who’s living life without any real direction has to suddenly face the fact that his days are numbered. His character had to go through a rollercoaster of emotions dealing with the tragic truth and this actor excellently played it out for cameras. Another worthy of attention is Seohyun’s so much improved acting. Like Kim Jung-hyun, Seohyun has a lot of emotionally charged scenes where she had to wail out loud like when the time she has found out about her sister’s death. The drama has a very heavy theme but it’s not hard to watch. I also very like the sharp and moody cinematography used in it that prevents it from feeling outdated.

The Bad The character sketches are very similar to the 2013 sleeper hit Secret which catapulted Hwang Jung-eum and Ji Sung back to the limelight. It both has an impoverished heroine whose life is peppered with one tragedy after another, a hot-headed rich male lead who falls for her and an ex-boyfriend who will betray her in the series. It might be a winning recipe but it would dull out originality if the writer won’t consciously try to distinguish its story from that reference. Both dramas are penned with the same writer, by the way.

Full: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/08/17/first-impressions-life-thirty-but-seventeen-risky-romance-witchs-love-your-honor-time/

• Like 4

On 8/16/2018 at 4:37 PM, mimiseo said:

today ep what so great with so many things happening 

next ep jihyun will know about suho was present when her sister died so they will be no secret between them other than him dying (still hope it's not the case) and chae ah knew today that jihyun is ji eun sister and minseok ex so everything is clear now

suho broke my heart today when he wanted to help jihyun but couldn't because of his health :bawling:

but it was sweet and sad how they listened to the song together and cried thinking of their moms

can't wait for the moment wthey will become a couple

i also want to thank the writer since it's been a while wince we got a fierce leading girl who's fighting for herself and taking action not just waiting for her leading man it was refreshing to watch

What caught my attention in this episode is the huge difference between CA and SH. While the death of JH's sister affected SH so deeply, CA never cared for the death of the deceased. The contrast can be explained by SH's childhood. SH has always been sensitive because of his mother's death. Yet he was before a sensitive and warm child hence her death brought him to the verge of suicide. In the end, SH has always known that life is precious... no matter who the person is. On the other hand, CA is quite the opposite: she is self-centered and selfish. She feels entitled and superior to others due to her position and reputation. 

Striking is that she even had no idea about the victim's name. In her mind, she had created a mess and lawyer Shin was there to clean up her mess. Notice that CA mentioned in front of JH that some people have to get rid of the garbage, whereas others are just there to clean up the mess. Her words mirror her actions and belief. She had no real guilty conscience all this time, she was just scared that she would get caught. Sure, she didn't push JE into the pool, yet she hit her and threw the money into the pool so that the girl died. CA had seen that JE was not in a normal state... 

It is interesting that Lawyer Shin still believes that SH is to blame for all this, whereas in reality CA is the real culprit. As we can observe, MS is terrible at judging people. Since he had a good impression of CA (their first meeting), he saw her in a positive light. Now, he is helping SH's brother and the latter is the one who takes drugs aso. Sure, SH wasn't an angel before but unlike the others, he never tried to leave a good impression. CA and SH's brother are just fake and vicious.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Wotad said:

everyone on this show sucks apart from a few they can all go to hell. 

suck in what?? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

What caught my attention in this episode is the huge difference between CA and SH. While the death of JH's sister affected SH so deeply, CA never cared for the death of the deceased. The contrast can be explained by SH's childhood. SH has always been sensitive because of his mother's death. Yet he was before a sensitive and warm child hence her death brought him to the verge of suicide. In the end, SH has always known that life is precious... no matter who the person is. On the other hand, CA is quite the opposite: she is self-centered and selfish. She feels entitled and superior to others due to her position and reputation. 

Striking is that she even had no idea about the victim's name. In her mind, she had created a mess and lawyer Shin was there to clean up her mess. Notice that CA mentioned in front of JH that some people have to get rid of the garbage, whereas others are just there to clean up the mess. Her words mirror her actions and belief. She had no real guilty conscience all this time, she was just scared that she would get caught. Sure, she didn't push JE into the pool, yet she hit her and threw the money into the pool so that the girl died. CA had seen that JE was not in a normal state... 

It is interesting that Lawyer Shin still believes that SH is to blame for all this, whereas in reality CA is the real culprit. As we can observe, MS is terrible at judging people. Since he had a good impression of CA (their first meeting), he saw her in a positive light. Now, he is helping SH's brother and the latter is the one who takes drugs aso. Sure, SH wasn't an angel before but unlike the others, he never tried to leave a good impression. CA and SH's brother are just fake and vicious.

now that you're saying i just realise that you're right CH was never really affected by JH sister death just few days after she cared no more and even when minseok told her JH is jieun sister she didn't fell sorry for killing her sister she's literallya  vitch no wonder she was attracted to minseok loool

2 minutes ago, Wotad said:

sucks as a character aka i dislike those characters ;p

ah i got it 

well i totally agree with you 

i think other than SH JH the driver and the best friend they are all bad people 

• Like 3

wow I am speechless over some character in this drama. MS, CA, SH dad and brother. how could that brother just like that droving his little brother under the bus. also I got shocked by the casual talk about drug, I guess being rich means it is more easy to get... I also wonder if SH would have done the reflecting of his behavior if he never got sick... But I really like how he in his own way is trying to become a better person and looking out for our girl. I wonder if SH family gonna have any reaction when they discover that he is deadly sick. 

I am happy by next episode JH gonna know about him being in the same place as her sister. Wonder how she gonna take it. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, sal2 said:

wow I am speechless over some character in this drama. MS, CA, SH dad and brother. how could that brother just like that droving his little brother under the bus. also I got shocked by the casual talk about drug, I guess being rich means it is more easy to get... I also wonder if SH would have done the reflecting of his behavior if he never got sick... But I really like how he in his own way is trying to become a better person and looking out for our girl. I wonder if SH family gonna have any reaction when they discover that he is deadly sick. 

I am happy by next episode JH gonna know about him being in the same place as her sister. Wonder how she gonna take it. 

i don't thinj Jh will a big fight with SH or be disapointed in him i think she already trust him but maybe surprised at first both of them know the other is hiding something they promised to tell after 

and about him being sick maybe he's father will be a little sad since he defended him before but the brother and mother will be so happy to hear that 

• Like 4

official Mv for 2nd OST (2nd OST is Seol jihyun theme)

Nice FMV with OST :love:

And speaking of FMV's this is one of my favorites out there rigth now! So good! :bawling:

And for those who might be interested here's 2nd OST with eng subs :relieved:

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

hello...

it is my first comment here. I'd like to know, did episode 15 and 16 not to be broadcast yesterday? 

• Like 2

Just now, martanur said:

hello...

it is my first comment here. I'd like to know, did episode 15 and 16 not to be broadcast yesterday? 

There was no episode on Wednesday. It got cancelled hence we only two episodes this week.

• Like 1

I heard that we are probably not going to get the Wednesday episode for more two weeks .This coming week (is already confirmed I think) and probably the next one as well because of the Asian games :bawling: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Wotad said:

I forgot the name but the girl whose engaged to SH i feel actually really likes SH and will be really sad once she finds out.

well she already told minseok that she likes suho when he does not so yeah 

5 hours ago, seohyun_fan said:

I heard that we are probably not going to get the Wednesday episode for more two weeks .This coming week (is already confirmed I think) and probably the next one as well because of the Asian games :bawling: 

i'm really sad about this the cancelatiin this week already affected the ratings

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/17/2018 at 8:31 AM, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, I don't believe he does believe that SH is to blame for the death, he just wants him to think so to take hide the guilt of CA.  And I believe CA is truly a villain, I think she keeps asking Shin if he is dangerous and keeping him close even after finding out he did try to kill the guy and lied to her about it, just because she is looking for someone who is 'dangerous' to help her gain the power she is seeking.

I find Lawyer Shin the most interesting of the characters as he just grows worse and worse.  His saying he is doing it out of love for his ex fiancee is complete self delusion and I'm just hoping before the end of the story he admits it.  

A tale of two couples, one thoroughly good and the other (so far) thoroughly bad.

Enjoying this one immensely.  Will be hoping it keeps this high level of story line until the end.

• Like 6

@USAFarmgirl it looks like we share the same taste in kdramas which are mostly underated. :D

Let's hope this drama ends without our SH dying just like our lead in SWKF. (SWKF remains my favourite drama of 2018 with its meaningful ost, "Everyday, every moment".)

Coming from the writer of Secret and Mask (I've watched both), I'm positive there wont be a sad ending for our OTP.:blush:

• Like 4

a14d636ce3c64b29b1b8f8b0bd4a4080.jpeg?s=images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFyYqrmcWKlYkN5mYXXfy2c9a4deabe9946a2a067705d675d1994.jpeg?s=

Time's importance is realized when you’re faced with having little of it left...

@gladys57 We sure do have the same taste and always thankful to see you Chingu!!!  Time is like finding something unique when you least expected it.  Underrated and overlooked but thankful I am not one of those who passed it by and moved on.  It's  OTP chemistry has this mixture of underground passion and yet so full of emotion.  Even with this wall between them it feels as if when they speak their words are traveling much deeper.  It's what he knows and she feels it's what he doesn't say and she does...

I can't explain this without sharing to much and I realize there are those who will be coming to this drama late.  At least I hope so for their sakes.  I hope there is a happy ending because honestly these two deserve that and more...:heart:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, gladys57 said:

@USAFarmgirl it looks like we share the same taste in kdramas which are mostly underated. :D

Let's hope this drama ends without our SH dying just like our lead in SWKF. (SWKF remains my favourite drama of 2018 with its meaningful ost, "Everyday, every moment".)

Coming from the writer of Secret and Mask (I've watched both), I'm positive there wont be a sad ending for our OTP.:blush:

What does SWKF mean, please?

Edited by bebebisous33
please the minimum length of a post is 20 letters
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kathy said:

Actually, I don't believe he does believe that SH is to blame for the death, he just wants him to think so to take hide the guilt of CA.  And I believe CA is truly a villain, I think she keeps asking Shin if he is dangerous and keeping him close even after finding out he did try to kill the guy and lied to her about it, just because she is looking for someone who is 'dangerous' to help her gain the power she is seeking.

I find Lawyer Shin the most interesting of the characters as he just grows worse and worse.  His saying he is doing it out of love for his ex fiancee is complete self delusion and I'm just hoping before the end of the story he admits it.  

A tale of two couples, one thoroughly good and the other (so far) thoroughly bad.

Enjoying this one immensely.  Will be hoping it keeps this high level of story line until the end.

Well, he knew that SH wasn't aware of CA's presence during that night. He is trying to make SH feel guilty. However, in my opinion he sees him as responsible for JE's death because he is the one who called CA. Like he told CA before... who is more responsible for the death in a war? The one who declared the war or the shooter? When he asked this to CA, in my opinion he truly believed in that statement. For him, when SH called CA during that night, he was declaring the war. He called CA because he wanted to use JE as the reason why they should cancel the marriage. He is right in this: SH wanted to use JE... and CA became the shooter because of his call. Nevertheless, SH never wanted the death of JE. Moreover, CA is definitely responsible because she was not under influence and she could have realized what her action would cause. There was no real war in the first place and that's the other mistake from MS.

Let us not forget: MS had to clean up the mess SH created in the past. He witnessed how SH behaved towards JH at the mall (saw the videos from the Internet), while CA offered him a cup of coffee and treated him nicely, when she met him for the first time. She gave him the impression that she didn't look down on people who belonged to a different social class. She was acting like a professional and a mature person, whereas SH appeared to behave the opposite. SH gave the opposite impression: he would mistreat people from a lower social class. That's why MS decided to help CA in the first place. He thought that CA had acted like that in anger... SH had created this situation: JE meeting CA through his call so that the latter would feel humiliated. But MS's problem is that he misjudged CA due to their first meeting. CA does look down on people from a lower social class.... and my belief is that SH became like that because of CA and his brother.

Besides, SH did come to apologize to JH what MS doesn't know. I see some parallels between CA/JE and SH/JH... how both used the money in front of the siblings. However, SH got sick and fainted therefore JH helped him and sent him to the emergency. On the other hand CA left the hotel room, while JE was dizzy because of the alcohol and fainted in the pool. CA should have noticed that JE wasn't feeling right. 

@USAFarmgirl

• Like 4