I might be the only one but I personally found Kim Jung Hyun perfomance is overtop - even for a jerk guy who tries to use his anger to cover the pain & SeoHyun characters was written flat - one dimentional: she had nothing but misfotunes, she's head strong and she will strive through - but that's it...her character is less interesting, i guess not yet anyway. 

On the otherhand, Kim Joon-Han's MinSeok character originated with purity but end up selling his soul & plans for happiness with SeoHyun, for money for mum and dad after getting trap with the dark side of power. The way he choose to solve problem is frustatingly lawyer-like and it keep backfire on him, plan after plan. While he may have good intention - he needs money so he takes the dirty job, he knows SeoHyun can’t win against Kim Jung Huyn's family - trying very hard to let her settle the matter and leave a normal life with her mom. MinSeok is thinking with his mind like a lawyer, very transactional and not with warm heart & soul. He tries to seal every holes and it’s the bag just keep ripping apart at the seams. and after today episodes, he indirectly....how did a plan of trying to keep everyone in their right place turns so wrong.

Kim Joon Han performs with so much subtlety, I feel him at time like a bottle about to burst at any second, and other time like someone who is just so tired and reside of his slave to the rich fate.  and his scenes with Hwang Seung-Un has more chemistry than the main OTP - there is frankness, yet mystery - hidden emotion at the same time.  

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ha Tinh Nhi said:

I might be the only one but I personally found Kim Jung Hyun perfomance is overtop - even for a jerk guy who tries to use his anger to cover the pain & SeoHyun characters was written flat - one dimentional: she had nothing but misfotunes, she's head strong and she will strive through - but that's it...her character is less interesting, i guess not yet anyway. 

On the otherhand, Kim Joon-Han's MinSeok character originated with purity but end up selling his soul & plans for happiness with SeoHyun, for money for mum and dad after getting trap with the dark side of power. The way he choose to solve problem is frustatingly lawyer-like and it keep backfire on him, plan after plan. While he may have good intention - he needs money so he takes the dirty job, he knows SeoHyun can’t win against Kim Jung Huyn's family - trying very hard to let her settle the matter and leave a normal life with her mom. MinSeok is thinking with his mind like a lawyer, very transactional and not with warm heart & soul. He tries to seal every holes and it’s the bag just keep ripping apart at the seams. and after today episodes, he indirectly....how did a plan of trying to keep everyone in their right place turns so wrong.

Kim Joon Han performs with so much subtlety, I feel him at time like a bottle about to burst at any second, and other time like someone who is just so tired and reside of his slave to the rich fate.  and his scenes with Hwang Seung-Un has more chemistry than the main OTP - there is frankness, yet mystery - hidden emotion at the same time.  

I do feel it's a tad bit over the top and a little theatrical but I don't think it's terrible. I think you can see he's a good guy, but like you said, definitely masks  his pain and acts out instead when he wants. However, we she a bit of his comedic side even if it's unintentional when he's with Ji Hyun and his body guard. As for Seo Hyun's character, I don't agree with how it's one dimensional. You see her working with her jobs, she tough with her mom, hard on herself, but she's not afraid to confront others when needed and is a bit feisty when needed. Like today's scene of her going head to head with that mob guy, although it was short, you can see that she's just tired of it and stands toe to toe with him.

For me Min Seok's character is just the most confusing for me. His dad is sick so he needs money, I get that. But I just wished there was a big more insight as to why his wheels in his mind is turning the way they are. He obviously has guilty conscious but keeps pushing through. I have yet to decide if he's worst then Jung Eum's prosecutor boyfriend in "Secret Love" with Ji Sung because despite not knowing this his son was still alive, he did everything he could to secure his position, hurting Jung Eum over and over again, while acting all high and mighty while with Min Seok's case he's being selfish it seems maybe for his dad's health (doesn't make it right) but at least he didn't let Ji Hyun take the fall for anything...if anything as we can see he's unintentionally directly ruining Ji Hyun's life by taking who she has left away from her.

1 hour ago, aznlad33 said:

For me Min Seok's character is just the most confusing for me. His dad is sick so he needs money, I get that. But I just wished there was a big more insight as to why his wheels in his mind is turning the way they are. He obviously has guilty conscious but keeps pushing through. I have yet to decide if he's worst then Jung Eum's prosecutor boyfriend in "Secret Love" with Ji Sung because despite not knowing this his son was still alive, he did everything he could to secure his position, hurting Jung Eum over and over again, while acting all high and mighty while with Min Seok's case he's being selfish it seems maybe for his dad's health (doesn't make it right) but at least he didn't let Ji Hyun take the fall for anything...if anything as we can see he's unintentionally directly ruining Ji Hyun's life by taking who she has left away from her.

I see Min Seok actions comes from a lawyer perspective - one that has been beaten down by the need of money from the rich...like he said "I'm just a labourer for the rich". He's the lawyer who cleans up any mess, covers any holes in the system - make sure the system runs smoothy. He's trying very hard to put everyone back in their rightful places, and for everything to goes back to the way before - despite the fact that it's unethical and hurting the one he cares. He cares about Ji Hyun that's is for sure, but the way he choose to handle things is just wrong and unethical, especially for a lawyer who supposed the protect what's right.

His plan just goes from bad to terribles - no one will goes back to their places, OTP couples will find out the truth despite the truth hurts.  After today Min Seok himself ripped apart the stitches so big - he will never be able to seal the hole, ever.  He digged his own grave getting entangle with these kind of peoples. Will he now mindlessly endlessly trying to cover up holes after holes no matter the consequences?. One thing for sure he will never have the dream he had with Ji Hyun. 

I found this character more complicated, more complex, it's like 2 forces fighting against each other inside him.  And i sees that through Kim Joon Han performances as a man: "" I'm so tired, why doesn't anything goes back to it's places"

So far, 4 episodes has hinted at Eun Chae-a, but all the CCTV never clearly show that it is her, or did I miss a scene? She surely didn't show any signs

2 hours ago, Ha Tinh Nhi said:

agree.. he doesn't sell a rich heir jerk misunderstood and need for true relationships..

one i don't know if its his styling, but he looks like a poor man.. even Ji sung's one of the personas in kill me heal me wears ridiculous clothes.. but man! the acting could convey how dangerous he is and how different he is with the psychologists

And its not that KJH can't pull this role.. i think what he did in Jealousy incarnate is more close to what is required here

SH - is damn pretty! how did she not get popular ( what.. yoona who, suzy who)

We know he never had good intentions.. he uses words to manipulate others, coax them into doing things without making it seem he is the driver - the murder of that person with pendrive absolutely driven by the lawyer, it's just because he saw mom and he realized repurcussions of her dying would be immense, he wanted to stop that

the way he is manipulating CEH into believing what a nice upright man he is.. to make her fall in love with him and eventually marry..rich son in law

(and he came up with the plan as soon as he saw her on the tape).. before that he had his lingering eyes expression on the grl when he was told she is rich in ep 1

he is bloody shrewd..

2 hours ago, viktormani said:

totally agree, personally i think he's doing a wonderful job. 

I think so too .. we've known him mostly from comedies so Its very refreshing to see him in this dark drama..I like his performance too.

IDK Min Seok...sure he can be servant for the rich...but that doesn't mean cover up for your own agenda as well.

Clearly Su Ho uses him at his beck and call, and knowing his relationship with Ji Hyun...he's even more into bugging Min Seok. But still going straight to Su Ho's fiancé with his pen, is eh to me. He has his own personal agenda, using the rich as an excuse to act the way he is. For now he's friend zoning her, most likely feeling guilty about Ji Hyun but other than that....you don't just cover up stuff and not tell the whole truth about the possibility of the fiancé being there during the time of death. Should've gone straight to the dad or Su Ho himself, even if in an alternate universe she wasn't present.

This is Jung Hyun's first serious and more dramatic themed drama, so he receives a passing grade. Sure he may seem a bit over the top, but ya'll it's a drama, dramatics are needed.

I'm not too fond of watching ongoing dramas. I usually wait until it is finished. But not in this drama. I'm determined to watch Time every week, and finish it. I'm ready to accept happy moments and heartaches. Ugh...dedication lol!

Kim Jung Hyun's acting in Time is superb, as if he is not one of the naughty guys in Eulachacha Waikiki. He is still in his mid-20's but I see depth in this guy. I'm now looking forward for his future projects.

Seohyun's acting needs a little more polishing. She'll be a better actress as this drama unfolds. She could also do well in different genres. I'm now a Seohyun follower.

I'm glad KJH and SH are trying different roles.

I'm not familiar with the lawyer and fiancee's previous movies/dramas. But their presence in this drama is making it more intriguing. These actors jives well with their characters.

Can't wait for the next episode. I might watch eps 1-4 again tomorrow. 

This show reminds me of NIF

Spoiler

Where you know a character is going to die and know your going to be so depressed when it happens.. hope for some type of miracle where he lives.. ahh

This show is competing with Familiar Wife as well which airs at 9:30 on Wednesday.. that day so stacked. 

On 8/3/2018 at 8:30 AM, viktormani said:

totally agree, personally i think he's doing a wonderful job. 

He is AMAZING I can't take my eyes from him! He is so emotional and so natural.

The truth is Seo Hyun's acting is still weak as for me...I wish more strongest actress for him here but I liked their chemistry 

Archived