[Drama 2018] I'm a mother too, 나도 엄마야

0ly40

Thanks chingus for the explanation. I only understood the word divorce only with my limited korean lol. I havent watched it with subs but it looks like we will have a good show soon. I hope JY talks some sense to SH otherwise he will regret saying those words to his father. Also I like the fact that both elder and madam Shin finally realized that they were wrong and are repenting now. I'm glad the writer took this route.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lu09 said:

Thanks chingus for the explanation. I only understood the word divorce only with my limited korean lol. I havent watched it with subs but it looks like we will have a good show soon. I hope JY talks some sense to SH otherwise he will regret saying those words to his father. Also I like the fact that both elder and madam Shin finally realized that they were wrong and are repenting now. I'm glad the writer took this route.

I told my wife the other day the best writer trick in this drama so far was to make the elder Shins likable characters at this point. I used to loathe both of them but it seems they have seen the error of their ways. To me the reason they acted the way they did earlier toward JY was based mostly on the lies they were fed by KS.

I believe SH will calm down at some point thanks to some urging from his wife and maybe rethink his position. I also think things are at a boiling point with KS being exposed. It could come at any time now.

I loved KS trying to confront her husband about the time he is spending with his college junior and he coldly cut her off. He shut her up in a hurry and if she didn't realize her marriage was in big trouble before, she should now. He is one step away from kicking her out for good.

37 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

I told my wife the other day the best writer trick in this drama so far was to make the elder Shins likable characters at this point. I used to loathe both of them but it seems they have seen the error of their ways. To me the reason they acted the way they did earlier toward JY was based mostly on the lies they were fed by KS.

I believe SH will calm down at some point thanks to some urging from his wife and maybe rethink his position. I also think things are at a boiling point with KS being exposed. It could come at any time now.

I loved KS trying to confront her husband about the time he is spending with with college junior and he coldly cut her off. He shut her up in a hurry and if she didn't realize her marriage was in big trouble before, she should now. He is one step away from kicking her out for good.

Everything points to her marriage is over. The man can't stand to talk to her and sleeps in another room. He comes home late after having drank and when he does talk to her she continues to not heed his words. The fact that he is very non verbal and gives short answers when she asks about the college junior should show he is pretty much done with her and its only because of TW that she is still around. KS is pushing her husband away and the only one to blame is herself. 

What she did with SH should be very close to this. The man is fed up with KS and everything she does is pointing still to her own evil heart and her greed. Her husband knows that KS is not a nice person and she continues to not listen to him tell her to not do things that could hurt his family. KS still thinks that TW will save her and her husband will never divorce her. But as we see she is the one who is destroying her marriage. Her husband is very filial and KS does not like that and he knows it. He is also very protective of his brother and he knows that KS is trying to push his brother away for the family assets. The more she goes on about him and the college junior the more she hurts herself. Nothing she had done has shown her husband that he should still love and protect her. KS keeps thinking he would never get rid of her but its coming close to him doing just that.

All her husband needs is a very good reason and we have a few of them. a. the fact she just pushed everything on his father for what she thought up and put in to place. b. the attempted sabotage of the launch of the latest project. c. the spy in the office that sent out 3 mil instead of the 300 thou.trying to hurt SH's company and that project yet again. d. Jenny being her bio daughter that she not only lied on but tried to harm that caused JY to be hurt and put her baby in jeopardy e. that KS portrayed herself as so naive and innocent  when he met her in college but in fact she had a child and abandoned it to marry well. 

Once her husband finds out what she has been up to lately and her past that includes Jenny she is done for. I am really wanting this out before we even find out about the paper company but I am not sure we will get that. I kind of wonder if the chairman will fall ill or die due to the shock of KY trying to frame him for that paper company and the embezzling to get back at them for wanting to divorce her and kick her out. All of this happening after her past with Jenny and her latest bad deeds coming out .  KS is vindictive and nasty and she feels no remorse so learning that this time TW can't save her and her husband intends to truly divorce her her threat could be the crimes she committed pushed on her father in law and husband. 

One thing for sure is if the Elder Shin takes ill or dies because of KS SH will go after her. KS has always been afraid of SH and his business acumen and her actions will end up having SH having to step in to fix the mess she tried to put his father and brother in. This is why I wonder if the Elder Shin was able to find something to get rid of KS if he needed. He knew how she was after she threatened him before. I hope he has something in place to deal with her if she tries to become difficult and puts that company and his family at risk. 

One other theory is when KS comes home her in laws let her have it for telling SH that it was all the Father in law when she thought up that mess. KS still pushes blame on them instead of taking responsibility. In the course of the argument KS is her same non regretful state she says something out of that nasty evil mouth of hers that upsets her father in law so much that he has a heart attack and given her personality she could very well leave him on the floor then to help him thinking with him gone she will be able to get everything especially if he threatened her and she fired back at him shocking him too much. 

Here is the written for tonight's episode 99:

"Yoon-Jin (Woo Hee-jin) who suspected between Hyun Joon (Park Jun-hyuk) and Eugene (Yeon Mi-ju) finally visits and warns Yujin. On the other hand, there is a danger to the health of Shin (Park, Geun-hyeong), but the goal of Sanghyuk and his emotions is getting deeper and deeper."

per google translate.

From episode 99

Spoiler

So per the episode.. KS did not take responsibility still pushing it off on her father in law.

Elder Shin has chest pains in the night and mom Shin takes him to the dr the next day.

SH is still mad but he still calls Cutie to exam or find out about his dad's check up. 

SH is hiding what happen from JY but she eventually makes him tell her. 

JY calls to find out how her father in law is and wants to see him perhaps but MIL tells her no and stay home. Elder Shin still looks like he is about to drop dead at any moment rubbing his chest and stomach. 

Big bro manages to tell SH that it was all KS's idea but SH is still not willing to forgive right now. 

Per the written above KS gets angry at her husband over his looking at another possible investment project with the college junior. She yells at him accusing him and that woman perhaps. 

JY tells her mom about it and it being KS's idea and MOM goes to KS's office and lets her have it swiping the things on her desk on the floor and threatening to tell her in laws and husband about her past. KS stops her begging her and mom goes to her flat very angry. 

Cousin gives Jenny a script to try to reboot her career perhaps. 

KS goes to see the woman and warns her off. I hope this means that this woman will go after bro anyway even though the were innocent since KS is accusing make it so!

They try a family dinner but SH refuses to come leaving JY to go on her own making excuses while SH sits at home and looks like he is thinking. 

Preview shows that KS has not stopped and now the Chairman is being harassed at a funeral. It looks like perhaps someone they worked with and KS ruined them died and they are all blaming him at the funeral by throwing things at him. KS's husband lets her have it once again (he needs to stop talking to her) but she totally ignores him and goes to a meeting to see ex step bro. We see SH meet with his brother too prolly concerning the company or the project. I hope he tells his brother about Jenny. 

14 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

They try a family dinner but SH refuses to come leaving JY to go on her own making excuses while SH sits at home and looks like he is thinking. 

A couple of things I observed while watching the raw with my wife.

JY kept prodding for answers from SH but he kept being evasive. My wife cracked up when I said to the TV, "Dude. You're married now. You might as well fess up because she will nag you until you do."

Also, KS still hanging on to the premise that TW is her shield. lol

The final scene with SH thinking. I'm wondering if he is figuring out how to take out KS without causing more damage.

7 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

A couple of things I observed while watching the raw with my wife.

JY kept prodding for answers from SH but he kept being evasive. My wife cracked up when I said to the TV, "Dude. You're married now. You might as well fess up because she will nag you until you do."

Also, KS still hanging on to the premise that TW is her shield. lol

The final scene with SH thinking. I'm wondering if he is figuring out how to take out KS without causing more damage.

I laughed at SH trying to hide from his wife what was going on but he kept resisting, inquiring and going to see his sick father this was bound to raise a red flag with his wife. I said to another soompi member in the chat for this drama he should give it up his wife will find out what is going on and JY did.. lmao when she called his name I knew she was fed up with his evasive behavior. HE had to spill the truth to her. 

Yes, KS keeps using that child but I think the get out of trouble card is used up now for her. 

I got the feeling too that SH was thinking of how to fix KS without causing more damage to his family.  So far he keeps finding out that KS is behind a lot of trouble and he may get a clue that she is also behind his current troubles as well. I just wish he would look at that spy in his office and realize KS planted her. 

betting that ji young's mom will be the one that finally lets out kyung shin's secrets. she is getting more and more angry as each past deed of kyung shin tumbles out and angrily confronts her each time. at some point, she is going to lose her patience and just let the family know...

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

betting that ji young's mom will be the one that finally lets out kyung shin's secrets. she is getting more and more angry as each past deed of kyung shin tumbles out and angrily confronts her each time. at some point, she is going to lose her patience and just let the family know...

That is what I hope happens. With learning that KS was still up to no good after begging her not to say anything I hope JY's mom realizes they have been played and goes right for the in laws or the husband. Its time someone stop buying her act and dishes it out to KS. 

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

She should go straight to the old man. After the way he gets treated at the funeral, I bet he will be hell bent for answers and putting a stop to the nonsense.

The "I have TW defense" will go in one ear and out the other with JY's mom. I believe the elder Shins have some level of respect for JY's mom knowing she too was well off at some point and her current situation was due to the untimely death of her husband.

18 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

She should go straight to the old man. After the way he gets treated at the funeral, I bet he will be hell bent for answers and putting a stop to the nonsense.

The "I have TW defense" will go in one ear and out the other with JY's mom. I believe the elder Shins have some level of respect for JY's mom knowing she too was well off at some point and her current situation was due to the untimely death of her husband.

The Elder Shin knows that the person who died was kicked away due to KS's actions of removing their partners who stuck with them. It is prolly someone that went bankrupt after KS did what she did.  Unfortunately he did not go back and fix the issue so he is being blamed for the man ending up dying prolly due to too much stress and bad luck after KS removed them from the partnership. Given his health issues he does not need that stress it should be KS standing up in front of those people but we know KS wont take responsibility for her actions that harmed peoples livelihoods and lives. AS the Chairman he is the one who is the face of the company to accept the blame even if he never wanted the person to be removed. 

The stress of this mess KS created is going to have the man having a heart attack that is for sure. I feel like if that happens and JY's mom hears it was KS who started that mess its for sure that she will tell the husband and MIL. The TW defense is gone once that happens. JY's mom knows the witch is evil and MIL thinks she is too. Once MOM in law hears from JY's mom (who she respects) the ugly truth then KS is toast. KS has to get kicked out by at least episode 105 so that we can see her try to frame and blame the Chairman (or her husband) for the embezzling and paper company she created. Its her payback for finally getting kicked out. 

Its coming because we saw her husband talking to the college junior about how hard was it for her when she divorced. We can tell he really wants KS gone from his life and the only thing holding him is TW. Once he finds out that KS continued to do bad things to mess with SH and the project along with the fact that Jenny is her bio daughter and he knows all that Jenny went through due to her bio mom there will be no more hesitation to get the divorce degree in play. TW wont help KS then and its too late to plead with her husband. Its sad because this man keeps asking how KS became like this when in fact she was always this way he was just fooled by her sweet and innocent act. 

Sorry for the double post... 

Here is the written preview for Episode 100:

"경신(우희진) 때문에 하청업체 사장이 자살하면서 에이원에 최악의 위기가 찾아온다. 한편 에이원의 위기를 수습하려던 신 회장(박근형)은 분노한 유족들의 공격을 받게 되는데..."

Translation per google:

"The worst crisis comes to Ayeon because the subcontractor president suicides because of heejin (Woo Hee Jin). In the meantime, President Shin (Park Geun-hye), who was trying to tackle Ayeon's crisis, is being attacked by angry bereaved families."

My interpretation:

From what I get a sub contractor commits suicide due to KS who dropped the partnership. Elder Shin who is trying to face the trouble that KS created goes to the funeral but he is attacked by the angry and bereaved family or by families at the funeral. 

So its just what I suspected. KS's actions in getting rid of sub contractor and treating them badly ended up with one of the sub contractors committing suicide after his business was ruined due to KS. The Elder Shin tries to tackle the issue but he instead is attacked and blamed since it was his company that stopped the partnership. 

This again shows that what her husband told her about her plan to drop the sub contractors who stood by them for so many years was right. Her plan was wrong and it has now caused problems for the company. Her ideas are out dated and dangerous in the big picture. KS intentionally ruined that man and now the man has died due to her actions. I just hope that when its really time to get rid of KS they have been keeping tabs on her actions and have recorded them all. 

The writer keeps teasing us...

Spoiler

So SH asks his Hyung if she still loves his wife. He is planning something.

From the preview the old man goes unconscious. I hope he is not dead but just passed out due to the shock of how he was treated at the funeral.

Everyone is furious at KS regarding how she treated the sub-contractor.

12 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

The writer keeps teasing us...

Hide contents

So SH asks his Hyung if she still loves his wife. He is planning something.

From the preview the old man goes unconscious. I hope he is not dead but just passed out due to the shock of how he was treated at the funeral.

Everyone is furious at KS regarding how she treated the sub-contractor.

SH's brother does not still love KS. Every time they are together it is because she has did or said something foul. You can tell the love for her is gone and the only reason he is still with her is due to TW. I think SH was feeling his brother out as well but his brother is still worrying about TW. KS is her own worst enemy and she is just defiant. 

KS has caused all these issues with the sub contractor but she is not the one standing up to take responsibility and then she drags ex step bro back in to do more dirty work somewhere. 

I am hoping that he has passed out as well due to the stress of what happened with the company and the sub contractor. I suspect a heart attack perhaps and hope its not he has passed away.  

Sorry for the double post. 

Written preview for Episode 101:

"병원에서 혜림(문보령)과 마주친 진국(지찬)은 드디어 혜림의 딸과 마주하고 알 수 없는 감정을 느끼게 된다. 한편 신 회장(박근형)은 경신(우희진)의 음모에 의해 의식불명이 되고 마는데..."

Google Trans:

"In the hospital, the confrontation with Jae-rim (Jungbong-ri) finally reaches the daughter of Hae-rim and he can feel the unknown feelings. On the other hand, Shin (Park Geun-hyeong) is unconscious due to conspiracy of Kyeong Shin (Woo Hee-jin) ..."

My interpretation:

Cutie doctor some how ends up seeing HR's daughter once again (or is thinking about the child) and he has sentimental feelings for the baby.

This is understandable as he was really wanting to be a dad to that child and he was there for the baby while HR was pregnant but also he was one of the first to see the child when born. (We also know that this child will turn out to be his kid by blood.) I am so sick of HR she knows she likes Cutie but she is being so very stubborn. Now the man gave her what she wanted and she is not happy. Stalking her door and the hallway for a glimpse of him. You can tell this when she went all the way downstairs to see Cutie and then said nothing as she watched him get into the car. (also worst mom ever!!! She kicked out the helper so her child is now at home alone while she runs downstairs to see Cutie!! HR knows that Cutie is the right one she just needs to open up for a chance. Not all marriages end up like what she has experienced. Even her mother has pointed out that Cutie grew up well and likes her and wants to be a father to that baby. 

The preview shows she got a new helper but the child may be ill which is prolly how Cutie ends up seeing his daughter again. (no one can tell me that kid is not cutie's child). 

Elder Shin is unconscious due to whatever plot or plan (conspiracy) KS has been up to once again.

I always suspected that KS wants the Elder Shin to do down. Whatever her husband has been saying to her KS no longer wants to stand still. I think she realizes there is a big chance that her husband is very serious about possibly divorcing her no matter if there is TW. My guess is this is directly related to what KS asked step bro to do at the end of the episode. 

With KS not willing to see she is the real problem you can bet she will feel betrayed by everyone although she caused everything to happen and want to get rid of them from being in her way. I am starting to think again that we may not get to see KS get her just deserts before the end of the drama when all her dirt will come out at one time. 

I do hope that SH is planning something to deal with KS once and for all. After hearing that so many things were thought up by KS I want to hope he has decided to keep an eye on her as well and monitor her and step bro. Step brother is the weak link for KS. 

I also want to hope that the Elder Shin and his assistant have also kept tabs on KS and know all the things she has been up to and have evidence to prove it if needed. With the Elder Shin going down I can see the forces starting to band together and KS wont see it coming. 

Some thoughts after watching 100 subs...

Spoiler

KS has really crossed over into the realm into belligerent stupid!

When the Chairman of the Board gives you instructions on how to fix something, it is usually not a request. It doesn't matter if you are their son, DIL, next door neighbor or even wife. Instead of doing what she is told KS did the opposite and then has the idiotic frame of mind to wonder why she is going to get fired. What a moron! She seems puzzled why she is in so much trouble. I guess she thinks that because she is the DIL (and has TW...BTW) she is immune from the consequences of her actions despite being insubordinate to her two bosses.

It seems the two brothers have started to conversation to get rid of her together. From the 101 preview she finally realizes if her replacement digs into her dealings she is not only in trouble but criminally liable.

However, it is starting to look like the writer and PD are going to bleed us with a 1000 paper cuts until ep 119-120.

2 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Some thoughts after watching 100 subs...

Reveal hidden contents

KS has really crossed over into the realm into belligerent stupid!

When the Chairman of the Board gives you instructions on how to fix something, it is usually not a request. It doesn't matter if you are their son, DIL, next door neighbor or even wife. Instead of doing what she is told KS did the opposite and then has the idiotic frame of mind to wonder why she is going to get fired. What a moron! She seems puzzled why she is in so much trouble. I guess she thinks that because she is the DIL (and has TW...BTW) she is immune from the consequences of her actions despite being insubordinate to her two bosses.

It seems the two brothers have started to conversation to get rid of her together. From the 101 preview she finally realizes if her replacement digs into her dealings she is not only in trouble but criminally liable.

However, it is starting to look like the writer and PD are going to bleed us with a 1000 paper cuts until ep 119-120.

KS refuses to admit that her ideas are wrong and have caused problems. It amazes me how she is so thick skinned not to understand why her husband and father in law want to fire her. Now being so defiant has cost her. I knew when they said to fix it she would only make matters worse because she truly sees her self being smarter and more business savvy then they are. Her husband warned her and she still did what she wanted. 

With her husband going to HR to have her fired she is going to get Ex step bro to frame the Chairman for something. It seems in the preview she is very worried about an audit by the new CEO and her crimes coming out. I have to wonder who will be that CEO. Will it be someone else in the company or will it be SH. If it turns out to be SH its for sure she will be found out. 

SH has said he does not think KS is the right person for his brother anymore and its very true. KS is like a cancer in that family. I think its all going to come at KS at the same moment at the end. That includes Jenny's vow to make KS a social outcast as well. KS has burned her bridges so badly with everyone no one will save her or even can save her at this point. 

It tickled me how she says the college junior is coveting her husband. It was also so very funny that she said the woman was smart and trying to get next to her husband to get him. KS just described her MO to her husband. Its how she got him in the first place. 

13 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

ugh, so we won't have good satisfaction then of an ending. :wacko: kyung shin is really a viper and we need to see her bleed and get caught in her own web. can't believe they let her be in the hospital room all alone with chairman. will it be too much to hope that her cruel words be recorded?....

and how long will everyone keep quiet because of tae woong? the title of this drama is "I am also mother" -- initially it seemed like a reference to ji young and her being a surrogate. however, it now seems like it was a reference to kyung shin all along with her constantly using tae woong as a card for everything. what do folks think? does the the title refer to kyung shin? ji young? 

Written Preview for 101:

"Hyun Joon (Park Joon-hyuk), who was trying to dismiss Gyeong-shin (Woo Hee-jin), is in danger of being dismissed by the conspiracy of the Gyeongsin. On the other hand, Jin-kook (Ji-chan) begins to feel confident that Suzy is his daughter."

My interpretation:

HJ tried to get KS fired but due to what KS has set up is in danger of being removed from the company. The more that Cutie sees the baby the more he feels that child is his. 

So about big bro HJ he has gotten caught by KS and we all knew she would end up trying to get her husband fired from the company. KS does not care about her husband or ruining him for her she wants to take over and gain everything. For me she is only making sure that when everything blows up she is gone for good. The man was only keeping her around because of TW. But when he learns it was KS who drove his father to distress and set him up with false charges she is done for when the dust settles. 

KS was worried about a new CEO investigating the affairs of the company and finding all the crimes she has been committing. I am hoping that new CEO will end up being SH. Its for sure KS wont be able to run rings around SH as he is already on to her about being a snake. Learning or suspecting KS of causing all the issues to his family there is no doubt he will try to hang her. 

There was a moment in the last episode when KS came into the Chairman's office that the Elder Shin looked at KS. It was a look like he suspects her. This is why I have to wonder if she is being setup or they are just waiting on her to have  enough rope to hang herself. 

KS is very bold to even want to dare to try to kill the Chairman. It is very foolish of them to leave her alone in the room with him and I have to wonder if someone suspects her even now. I want to hope so. Mostly I want to hope that the Chairman is not going to die but they will play KS along enough to think he is so she can go ahead and expose herself. 

KS's greediness has no boundaries and she is desperate now to grab everything with the threat of divorce and being fired. If she can remove the Chairman and her husband then she thinks no one can stop her. This is where she will be tripped up because with them gone she thinks she has free reign to do what she wants with no one in her path she will be unguarded which will cause her to make huge mistakes and lead everyone right to her. 

KS is going to get slapped big time because I feel like the Chairman has made arrangements for his wealth and assets. I know he gave everything that makes money to his wife and a building. He had plans to give JY a building as well and I want to bet he must have put something in place for the company as well. This is why I wonder if he planned to have SH come to take over for a time while he is out and his HJ has to fight whatever frame KS set for him. 

In a way I blame HJ for his predicament. If he had went ahead with firing KS immediately and if he had gone ahead and divorced her with a quickness at least he would not be caught like this. He is a bit naive when it comes to what KS is fully capable of doing. But I said this a long time ago about HJ he is the type who needs to fully be shown the true face and personality of KS in order to believe. Its what happened when the lies that KS told on JY were exposed and its what is going to happen now. He was loyal to KS but she was never to him and learning she has been the cause of all the problems is going to be a blow on top of the Jenny issue. 

On to Cutie and his daughter. Will he have a DNA test done while the child is in the hospital? If he is suspecting the child is his (which we know it is) then he should do something to find out for sure so HR can not continue to lie to him about it. 

(And who lays a baby on a hospital bed with just those rails with no supervision? Where is the crib. The child could un-swaddle and fall off even with the rails up. Or get caught next to the rails! OR turn over with their face in the blanket they were swaddled in. I need the production team to fix that next time they do a drama. )

Archived