[Drama 2018] I'm a mother too, 나도 엄마야

0ly40

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

hyun joon finally knows about jenny's link to kyung shin. so now what? we still have about 15 episodes to go?

I'm wondering the same thing what next? Ten episodes of the divorce battle royal? 

Although, I feel like it will end at 119. That would put the ending at 11/16. We may get an episode 120 if the morning broadcast gets preempted one more time. Starting next week, we should be seeing trailers of the new drama in the time slot during the live broadcast. We will know then.

I couldn't help but laugh at idiot step bro trying to figure out how to off the old man. Seriously, stopping the IV drip wouldn't have done anything but cause the old man to get dehydrated.

I'm starting to get annoyed with Big Bro again. He bought another line of BS from KS about establishment of the paper company. Her name was all over it. So if the old man really did tell her to do it, it would actually be better for her for the old man to wake up. A little departure from logic from writernim there.

Also, I remember a while back when there was a conversation about starting the paper company. Big Bro, KS and the old man were all in the old man's office. I can't remember the end result of the conversation though.

BTW...Does anyone know the name of the actress playing the Global Invest lady? Just curious. She is quite attractive.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished 106:

super exciting one!

Everyone figures out link between Jenny and KS

kS keeps using TW as shield but at this or, no one gives a damn

More and more of KS’s acts being uncovered, asked to leave house aggressively

HR more jealous of JG

pretty much it

7 hours ago, perfectmouse said:

Just finished 106:

super exciting one!

Everyone figures out link between Jenny and KS

kS keeps using TW as shield but at this or, no one gives a damn

More and more of KS’s acts being uncovered, asked to leave house aggressively

HR more jealous of JG

pretty much it

But I'm looking forward to 107. It looks like Mrs. Shin calls the gangsters in to forcibly remove KS from the house and Big Bro asks SH to step up and be chairman of the company to get the company out of the financial crisis. I posted earlier that SH was the big picture and strategy talent of the two brothers. He would be a better fit for the chairmanship anyway.

I found it  fascinating that KS told Big Bro that if he would let them stay married she would stay home and take care of TW. He already made that offer to her a few episodes back but she belligerently refused. It's too late for that now. Everyone is done with her. 

She could have stopped her greed and evilness at any one point before she tried to dismiss SH and things would have settled down but she couldn't get out of her own way. 

In the preview, the mother in law called some people to drag KS out of the house with her bags lol:joy:. I was thinking in ep 106, why let KS run around the house with TW when you can just call security on her and kick her out of the house? My wish just came true :naughty:

kyung shin basically dug her own well. jenny would have kept quiet but as she saw sang hyuk as a father figure, she just couldn't hold it in. so rather than chastise her which is what usually happens to the person who lets out the secret, instead, everyone is rather sympathetic to her as they get it....

but chingus, have the same question as hyun joon? did she ever love him? for about 17 years or so, she was rude but she didn't try to take over the company or rule with her greediness. was it because she had no power or means? or did she slowly get corrupted? what did you think of the past which she provided as reasons for her behaviour?

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

did she ever love him? for about 17 years or so, she was rude but she didn't try to take over the company or rule with her greediness. was it because she had no power or means? or did she slowly get corrupted? what did you think of the past which she provided as reasons for her behaviour?

My take is she did love him on some level but she also latched on to him to upgrade her lifestyle. She was always greedy. However, it went into overdrive once SH reconciled with his family. She clearly saw him as a threat to the inheritance that she felt her husband (and by proxy her) was entitled to. 

Once SH started seeing JY her motives went to another level. The fact that SH could father a child with JY was a threat to her son's inheritance as well. TW was born via a surrogate. However, any offspring that SH and JY produced would be via natural means. Therefore, she figured her in-laws would favor SH/JY's child over hers.

It is true that Mrs. Shin didn't exactly welcome KS with open arms but she didn't welcome JY with open arms either. She merely accepted the fact that SH was going to marry JY with or without their blessing and she didn't want to alienate her younger son again.

Therefore, we get see to a contrast in behavior. Instead of trying to win over her MIL, KS decided to be rude back. When Mrs Shin would scold KS , she would get defiant and talk back.

JY took a different approach. She killed her in-laws with kindness and Mrs. Shin is now in love with her younger DIL. When she has scolded JY, JY in turn bows her head and apologizes whether she feels the scolding was justified or not. This shows the elder respect and reverence and goes a long way to win them over.

Written for Episode 107:

"Sang Hyuk (Alex) will become the temporary chairman of the A-One group in it's crisis, and his mother (Yoon Mi-ra) will drive out Kye Shin (Woo Hee-jin) on the street. On the other hand, Hae-rim (moonbogyeong) realizes that she likes the Cutie (Ji-chan) and reveals he is her daughter's father."

Well its about time that someone drags KS out the house. MIL should have had them standing by when KS came home in episode 106 with her bags packed at the door. Then she would not have had a chance to run to TW and upset him. I am glad she got smart the next go round seeing how shameless KS is being. KS is going to fight but she will be pulled out. What she does outside the house is going to be more of a mess. 

I think everyone has figured out that Jenny exposed her because of KS's own actions and also they sympathize with Jenny for the evil things that KS did to her. It amazes me that KS thought to make excuses for her behavior. KS dared to believe her husband would have raised Jenny as his own but that is only because KS would never have done that. My thought on HJ is he would have he is just that soft hearted. 

I always knew that it would come down to SH having to step in as the Chairman to save the company after KS destroyed it almost. He has a successful company already and although his first company went bankrupt he was able to make a go of it before it failed. He just started up a third company under a joint venture with A-One that was thriving until KS trying to put her hands in it and then remove him. This is smart of HJ because he can not at this moment help the company as I bet he feels he is part of the problem because of KS. 

I do not feel that KS loved HJ when she met him 17 years ago. I think she targeted him and at some point she cared for him but mostly it was to move her self up from her station. Any affection she had for him was blown away when she saw him with that professor. Even though she did not stay to hear that he rejected that woman and did nothing wrong she has held it over his head for years. Its how she got him to cover up that accident for her when she killed JY's husband and baby. Nothing KS says can prove she still loves her husband because her actions on show her greed. 

With KS telling step bro to hide Its for sure that he will end up picked up and tell what KS had him do with the bribery of that man. My guess is all those documents she wanted him to shred I bet Bro took something to prove it was KS. He had no idea what he was shredding and given his type of personality there is no way he would not have something hidden away if KS tried to double cross him. 

39 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Any affection she had for him was blown away when she saw him with that professor. Even though she did not stay to hear that he rejected that woman and did nothing wrong she has held it over his head for years.

Very good point. It is just a wee bit hypocritical of her to demand HJ giver her the benefit of the doubt when she never gave it to him over Prof. Kim.

I still think KS is cause of even Mrs. Shin trying to set HJ up with Prof. Kim. Had she treated her MIL with respect from the beginning, the elder Shin probably would have never tried such a stunt.

I do not like HJ ( stupid ) because when something bad happened he direct going & talking  with KS , even she lies to him but he...always said " really ! " and forget it until too much problems … he running around !!! he's a good husband but not good chairman 

OMG! We’re getting content we normally get on epi 120 on 107!!

KS FINALLY kicked out (dragged out) for tea with TW hidden

HR admits her affection for JG and admits he’s the father as well! (Kiss too!!)

Chairman Shin wakes up and gains memories after JY sings his fave song!!

HJ might start dating the chairwoman of the company name I forgot!

preview shows KS and her stupid spy trying to run but KS decides to meet with Jenny for whatever reason

@rolisrntex @Ldy Gmerm ~ yea, it was clear that kyung shin did care for him genuinely but she also seemed to have deliberately picked him as a target to move herself up the ladder. rather than her approaching him, he approached her and when she realized that he was easy pickings, she latched on to him. but rather than appreciating his love, she felt like he was stupid perhaps. maybe it was because she believed that love only makes one vulnerable and is not the way to survive. the only time she seems to have any respect for him or even desperate for his approval is when she realizes that she cannot push him around like when she believed he was having an affair or now that he is going to divorce her....

and yea, I agree with you @Ldy Gmerm , think hyun joon would have accepted jenny if he had found out about her. even now, his reaction is that he is not divorcing her because of jenny but jenny's reveal is an easy weapon to use in legal proceedings. found that distinction very interesting. basically his reason is really her greediness and the push is how he reacted with sang hyuk. and when he finds out how she blamed his dad for everything, he won't take it at all. guess, he is lot like jenny that way -- when it was just her, she held it in but when kyung shin attacked sang huyk, she couldn't take it at all... am betting that he will actually allow jenny to develop a sibling relationship with tae woong ...

1 hour ago, perfectmouse said:

preview shows KS and her stupid spy trying to run but KS decides to meet with Jenny for whatever reason

oooh, looks like it was a great episode @perfectmouse; kyung shin probably will blame jenny for this mess even though it was her own greediness that has really pushed people away. so maybe some revenge tactic?

7 hours ago, khoailang99 said:

I do not like HJ ( stupid ) because when something bad happened he direct going & talking KS , even she lie to him but he...always said " really ! " and forget it until too much problems … he running around !!! he's a good husband but not good chairman 

well, all his ideas also got bulldozed by his own dad who was busy listening to kyung shin rather than him. he genuinely loved kyung shin and so he could not believe that someone would go down to such depths of betrayal. we expect outsiders to do harm but not those in our family. so it is understandable that he desperately wants to believe her even though a part of him immediately suspects her. they have been married for 17 years or something.....

but him stepping away from the company is also a good thing for him. in one of the early episodes, he mentioned that he actually had other dreams but because of family pressure, he studied and eventually worked in the company because that was expected as a son. whereas sang hyuk just did what he wanted and hence was better at it because he was following his heart. so we might get to see hyun joon stepping away to pursue something that he really wants now that he has the time for it and prove to be as talented as sang hyuk but in a different way....

9 hours ago, perfectmouse said:

KS FINALLY kicked out (dragged out) for tea with TW hidden

HR admits her affection for JG and admits he’s the father as well! (Kiss too!!

Two best scenes in the episode for me.

KS was defiant until the end. It is true her greed was a major factor that led to her down fall. However, in my opinion it was really her arrogance and disrespect to others in the family that were the major driving forces behind it. She dared to threaten both of her in-laws along the way and never really respected them. I did feel kind of bad when she told Mrs. Shin she basically had to abandon her own mother to be married in that family. However, she chose that path by marrying into her husband's family.

HR finally admitted to Jin Kook she has feelings for him and that Soo Ji is his daughter. That is the only signal he needed to stay in her life. It was funny she blurted out she didn't want him to see Dr. Jo. She will find out over time she made the right decision to come clean to him. He will be a affectionate and attentive husband to her and has already demonstrated that he will be an outstanding father to Soo Ji.

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

but him stepping away from the company is also a good thing for him.

I'm not sure he is stepping away from A-One Group. He may do it eventually though. He wants/needs SH's help to repair the damage KS has done to the company. He knew SH's reputation in the business community and shares of Lotelier would give instant credibility with the share holders and financial business sector.

JY's statement that KS desperately trying to grab everything for herself led to her destruction and SH not wanting anything but gaining it all was pretty profound.

19 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

HR finally admitted to Jin Kook she has feelings for him and that Soo Ji is his daughter. That is the only signal he needed to stay in her life. It was funny she blurted out she didn't want him to see Dr. Jo. She will find out over time she made the right decision to come clean to him. He will be a affectionate and attentive husband to her and has already demonstrated that he will be an outstanding father to Soo Ji.

it was the most unenthusiastic "I love you too" that I have seen in kdramas. hye rim was so reluctant. :lol: she seemed more happy when she saw how happy he was with little soo ji and his reaction on finally knowing that she was indeed his child. but I had a Q -- how was cutie not mad that she had denied his paternity for so long? is it because he is a doctor and he knows that as a sperm donor, there is no legal connection?

54 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

but I had a Q -- how was cutie not mad that she had denied his paternity for so long? is it because he is a doctor and he knows that as a sperm donor, there is no legal connection?

Good question and I don't have a very good answer. I think she was determined that she was going to raise Soo Ji by herself. However, I believe she got overwhelmed with it and realized Soo Ji deserves to have her father in her life. Why he didn't get upset or mad at her I don't know other than he was overcome with emotion one she admitted it to him. Even if he really wasn't Soo Ji's father he would have raised her as his own if HR would just allow him in.

25 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:
1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

but I had a Q -- how was cutie not mad that she had denied his paternity for so long? is it because he is a doctor and he knows that as a sperm donor, there is no legal connection?

Good question and I don't have a very good answer. I think she was determined that she was going to raise Soo Ji by herself. However, I believe she got overwhelmed with it and realized Soo Ji deserves to have her father in her life. Why he didn't get upset or mad at her I don't know other than he was overcome with emotion one she admitted it to him. Even if he really wasn't Soo Ji's father he would have raised her as his own if HR would just allow him in.

in a way, it makes sense that she wouldn't tell him because sang hyuk's family almost tried to bull doze her into giving up her paternal rights. but it still is surprising that his only emotion was just joy and tears.

but I liked how this baby angle felt fresh and different. that his paternal instinct basically caused her to look at him with fresh eyes. though she liked him before, she was quite content with her single life and so would have never accepted him. it took him leaving and her handling everything with the baby alone to nudge her to open up and admit how she feels.

Written Preview for Episode 108:

"Finally, Shin Chairman (Park Geun-hyeong) regains consciousness, and all the evil that has been committed by KS (Woo Hee-jin) is exposed.  KS is in a hurry to prepare to escape to a foreign country and I am suddenly going to visit Jenny (Pak Garam), saying that there is a person to meet."

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@rolisrntex @Ldy Gmerm ~ yea, it was clear that kyung shin did care for him genuinely but she also seemed to have deliberately picked him as a target to move herself up the ladder. rather than her approaching him, he approached her and when she realized that he was easy pickings, she latched on to him. but rather than appreciating his love, she felt like he was stupid perhaps. maybe it was because she believed that love only makes one vulnerable and is not the way to survive. the only time she seems to have any respect for him or even desperate for his approval is when she realizes that she cannot push him around like when she believed he was having an affair or now that he is going to divorce her....

and yea, I agree with you @Ldy Gmerm , think hyun joon would have accepted jenny if he had found out about her. even now, his reaction is that he is not divorcing her because of jenny but jenny's reveal is an easy weapon to use in legal proceedings. found that distinction very interesting. basically his reason is really her greediness and the push is how he reacted with sang hyuk. and when he finds out how she blamed his dad for everything, he won't take it at all. guess, he is lot like jenny that way -- when it was just her, she held it in but when kyung shin attacked sang huyk, she couldn't take it at all... am betting that he will actually allow jenny to develop a sibling relationship with tae woong ...

I agree with the above I think she saw him as a very naive and sweet man who was easy pickings. His love for her enabled her to latch on and she used it to her fullest. What ever warm feelings she had for him were killed I think when she assumed he cheated on her setup by his mother. After that she never listened to the man nor trusted him.(Not that I feel she trusted him in the first place  in all honestly.) 

Exactly , When KS felt that the man would not change his tune on the divorce then she wanted to change and say she would stay home and not get in anymore trouble. Even telling him its ok for him to cheat on her but weeks before she was accusing him of cheating and even dared to go and threaten the investor. Its a 180 turn from someone who was constantly disrespectful, defiant and mean. It showed that she truly saw her husband as weak and never fully knew his true character and appreciated that the man was not weak he just loved her a whole lot to his partial destruction. 

There is no doubt in my mind that HJ really would have accepted Jenny as his own daughter. He has that loving character to do so after the shock. I too loved that he told KS it was not the situation about Jenny that is causing him to divorce her but everything she has done to him and his family that is the bases of the divorce.Her desire to take everything and hurt him and his family is what was it for him. Her going after SH was really the last straw.  There is no remorse and she continues to act out when she thinks she has the upper hand. I also liked that he told her she gave him the tool to finally get that divorce in finding out about Jenny since KS was refusing to go away peacefully. 

I think that this will happen as well seeing as how TW really liked Jenny a lot so I expect on some level she and TW will not be bared from spending time together and I can see when TW is older perhaps he will be told that Jenny is his half sister. 

18 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Very good point. It is just a wee bit hypocritical of her to demand HJ giver her the benefit of the doubt when she never gave it to him over Prof. Kim.

I still think KS is cause of even Mrs. Shin trying to set HJ up with Prof. Kim. Had she treated her MIL with respect from the beginning, the elder Shin probably would have never tried such a stunt.

This is my thought too its KS's own attitude that spurned MIL trying to setup HJ with another woman. 

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

Two best scenes in the episode for me.

KS was defiant until the end. It is true her greed was a major factor that led to her down fall. However, in my opinion it was really her arrogance and disrespect to others in the family that were the major driving forces behind it. She dared to threaten both of her in-laws along the way and never really respected them. I did feel kind of bad when she told Mrs. Shin she basically had to abandon her own mother to be married in that family. However, she chose that path by marrying into her husband's family.

JY's statement that KS desperately trying to grab everything for herself led to her destruction and SH not wanting anything but gaining it all was pretty profound.

That is exactly it. KS was never warm to anyone in the family. Every time she was on the screen she was calculating and defiant. Whenever anyone tried to reprimand her or teach her she would have a come back. Her MIL may have been a snob and obsessed with appearances but at the same time being an elder even if what she was doing was not right you had to give respect but instead KS escalated and became more resentful and when they started to change for the better and repent their behavior to JY KS really rampped up what she saw as them never wanting to make changes for her but the did for the new DIL.  What she never got is she too could have experience the tides changing if she had stop fighting them and being disrespectful and warmed up to her in laws. 

JY said the truth. KS's greed has gained her nothing but a divorce and separation from her son, public ridicule when it is confirmed she really is Jenny's bio mom and jail time for her crimes in the company and outside. 

With the Chairman waking up and finding out what has been going on I am sure KS will be very afraid and that is why she will try to run away but I do not understand why she even dares to go see Jenny again. I do not trust KS as she has not learned her lesson and is mad at them kicking her out. 

the best episode 107

I really dislike KS but I vote for the actress who's playing KS "A gold award ", hopefully SBS and drama team voting for her too

without her this drama would be so so … same same...( sometime I thought It's a real life not acting )

Thank you the writers and drama team !! happy halloween  

Archived