[Drama 2018] I'm a mother too, 나도 엄마야

0ly40

Written Preview for Episode 123:

"Finally, KS and TW are able to meet each other, and they are happier than ever. On the other hand, Jin-kook (cutie dr.) (Ji-chan) feels an abnormality in his or her body, and Hyerim"

So KS and TW finally meet and are happy. Looks like either Cutie Dr. finds something wrong with his body or HR's. Let's hope that he is not sick or that HR is not sick and she could just be pregnant again. 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@rolisrntex  Correct the disappointing part is that they still have not learnt their lessons in this matter.  Someone posted a while back and they were right the whole thing started with them in the first place if she wasnt at risk of divorce for not being able to have a child the whole thing would not of got going.

I think there are about 3 episode left to play I think it runs to 125, but im not sure.  I too am interested how they resolve all this as they have already gone well past where I thought they would.

They have the big questions left to answer what and how do they tell tae, how do they negotiate around the arrangement and can they make it work.

Written Preview for Episode 124 Final:

"Gyeongsin (Woo Hee-jin) expresses sincere thanks to Ji-young (In-hye) for taking care of Jenny (Park Gam) and Taewoong (Kim Min-joon). Meanwhile, Gyeong Shin, Jenny and Taewoong traveled together for one night and two days, and an unexpected person joins ..."

Looks like HR, JY and KS are having a meeting and KS sincerely says thanks to JY. If only KS had learned her lesson a long time ago and been friends with JY instead of trying to harm her and being jealous. I guess better late then never. I want to bet its HJ that ends up traveling with them. You can see the family dynamic that even includes Jenny as it should. The kids are certainly trying to match make it seems. Will it work or will we end up with an open ending for HJ and KS?

Since 124 is suppose to be the last episode tomorrow and due to it being a holiday in the states I may not get a chance to come to the thread.  I will go ahead and say thanks for hanging out with me on this ride. I hope to see you all in other threads and have a great weekend. 

@sava2sava

Thanks for the Holiday Wishes.. the same to you. I hope all that have enjoyed this drama also have a great holiday if you are in the states or where ever you call home. 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] I'm a mother too, 나도 엄마야 - Mon - Fri @ 8:30 KST - FINALE tonight

Wow watched it unsubtitled and I think they did it just perfectly, it never felt right in this dramas to have someone do all these horrid things a few years in jail or threat of an illness or loved one and they repent and everyone hugs them and welcomes them back as though nothing happened.

This was more realistic, you struggle to recover from your deeds, some people wont forgive you, some people will doubt you unsure if you have every changed, some learn to open their hearts for the sake of their children.  For some they would say its unrealistic for the exhusband to forgive and want to be this close again, but then again they dont have kids of their own. 

Children can be an unwritten bond, it binds you together (or drives your stir crazy and apart...lol), her love for his kids, he noticed and this episode she appears to reminisce about old times getting sentimental, this is acknowledged by him who smiles warmly at the whole situation.

They appear to be going on holiday over night by the look of it somewhere and he didnt have to invite himself along but he did and they took his car as well, so it was showing the two families branching off.  The others back at the house celebrating and her, jenny and tae off to do their own things enjoying their own lives away from that house.

If you look back she really had no way to turn back earlier, I have experienced this myself with an ex.  You can offer the olive branch if they want to head a different direction.  But no matter how scarey or self destructive the path is, if you unsure about stepping out into the unknown you stay where it is safe destructive or not.  Better the devil you know as the saying goes.  She was made to feel not complete with inability to have a child and the threat of a relationship on the line then the possible condition of the baby and her being blamed for that.  ITs easy to see why and how she went into defense mode she felt she had no one to protect her.

But coming out of jail you have like minded people around you, all wanting a new start all with things to move past.  YOu dont have people reminding you of those painful scars or rubbing it in.  You are too busy with your own demons.  I think that allowed her to find herself in amongst it all, that and her daughter stepped up and acknowledged while what you did was not forgivable i want a chance to be with my mother and see if their is a chance.  Its pride swallowing for sure, but it gives the opportunity to fix something you broke.  Unless you are the child offering in that situation she would not of gone to jenny and asked for help she would of feared jenny saying get lost.

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] I'm a mother too, 나도 엄마야

@fragglerock ~ absolutely, this ending really did work because it was realistic and so we were able to see a believable growth and cheer kyung shin on..

6 hours ago, fragglerock said:

think that allowed her to find herself in amongst it all, that and her daughter stepped up and acknowledged while what you did was not forgivable i want a chance to be with my mother and see if their is a chance.  Its pride swallowing for sure, but it gives the opportunity to fix something you broke.  Unless you are the child offering in that situation she would not of gone to jenny and asked for help she would of feared jenny saying get lost.

very true. she would have never approached jenny at that point. in the same way, we see hyun joon actually making those small steps towards her. if he never makes the move, she would be content to just have jenny and see tae woong from time to time.

there were lots of times when I thought hyun joon is like a 60 year old man in a 40 year old body. hahahah.. he is so old fashioned, conservative, loyal even with his eyes open because he feels obliged and will not budge from a position once he has decided. when eugene asked him why he fell for kyung shin, he told her that when everyone was chasing him in uni, she stood apart because she didn't chase him and held herself with dignity. at the time, kyung shin was at the peak of her greediness and so it was hard to believe that this kyung shin version existed but now we see that she did.

we all wondered if she ever loved him and was just using him but it looks like she actually did love him. while she might have thought him naive, she remembered things that he said. he looked so surprised when she said that she now follows his instructions and his puff of pride as she gives him respect now.

the scenes with dropping off tae woong really highlight that kyung shin is now a package deal with jenny and she has now accepted jenny that it never even strikes her to exclude jenny from the weekends with tae woong. so her standing with jenny shows that jenny also has a right to be part of this little unit. and it was kind of weird to see jenny act like a kid with tae woong when she is 19 or 20? but then you see that tae woong brings out the kid in her and it is like she gets to experience the childhood she never had through her brother. and she feels really comfortable with hyun joon that she too can do a little aegyo and ask him to join them for lunch.

if hyun joon had looked horrified, kyung shin would have shut it down quickly. even when tae woong said that he would like to live with her, she quietly curbed it and told him that he must be good to his grandparents and cut that topic off in a way he understood. but here, she is reading his face and so she feels comfortable enough to invite him to lunch.  just by his expression on eating the food, you could tell so many emotions -- him recognizing her food after all these years, enjoying it, seeing that woman he fell in love with and the separation and unpleasant memories... in way, hyun joon really needed to hear that from sang hyuk that she not only made peace with everyone but that sang hyuk is no longer resentful or angry with her. in a way, it gives him permission to stop feeling guilty or resentful for her actions and so he also gets to reset the clock again at zero.

the shins are never going to be completely thrilled with kyung shin but even they acknowledge that the way they treated her over her infertility basically drove her claws out. but it was kind of amusing that sang hyuk wonders why hyun joon isn't back while he is happily driving in the car. :D hahahah... while it is sort of a happy open ending, we can assume that they both will take baby steps towards each other. it makes sense as hyun joon is a one woman type of man and he chose her despite his parents disapproval. even when she was crazy and greedy, he stood by her as long as he could out of loyalty. so now that she has changed and he sees again the shades of the woman he fell in love with, it feels realistic that he would be drawn again towards her except this time, it is like they are dating with kids.

@Lmangla  Completely agree with your post, its realistic but its also the subtle things.  The baby brother blurting out tae could live with her and come visit then making a run for it to the kitchen.....LOL

We can say we would never go back to an ex but thats not always the case, thats logic talking emotions are irratic and illogical.  You can have a horror of a ride with someone but still have chemistry that draws you back to them.  If you throw kids into the mix thats when baby brother was correct, you should not be at odds with the childs mother, you need to support and guide each other. 

It was the little things he noticed the changes when her work situation was talked about, he noticed tae's reaction to having his mother back.  He noticed her reaction to it, you see the resentment washed away and uncomfortable set in when being begged to stay for lunch but yet watched her for a moment in the kitchen with some kind or reflection either past or present.  noticing her look at him eating and sort of smiling but continuing without any negative thoughts.

Later the talk of work situations and her comfortably saying where she stands on the situation and she remembered what he had said on occasions.  She handled baby brothers offers maturely as well thankyou for the offer but no thanks i still want to do it my way.  Which got back to the older brother.

Later when mention of the ski trip the kids casually inviting him and she casually not uncomfortable this time dismissing it not to push the issue.  Him very casually concerned about driving on slipper roads and if they would be okay.  She disregarded it not to read anything into it but you could see his expression was concern.  Whether it for the mother of his child or for his ex wife or both we will never know.

But parallel lives the others being at home but him being in the car away from the family with is own off to the ski feilds without telling the family but enjoying the kids laughing and singing and enjoying the familiarity of the ex wife beside him and sharing warm moments without any uncomfortable hesistation.  You can see she wants more but dares not to ask and is grateful to have him close like that. 

It was very warm and alot more realistic than any of the other drama's I have seen.  There is only a few family dramas that draw me in from start to finish with all episodes like personal mystery shopper, eve's love, or even Iron Lady Cha.  These to me were good ones that stood out like this drama did.   While there are very few that dont follow similar plot lines ones like these are very refreshing in deed.

36 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

But parallel lives the others being at home but him being in the car away from the family with is own off to the ski feilds without telling the family but enjoying the kids laughing and singing and enjoying the familiarity of the ex wife beside him and sharing warm moments without any uncomfortable hesistation.  You can see she wants more but dares not to ask and is grateful to have him close like that. 

she has finally gotten to the point that she actually appreciates what she does have and can understand that even him sitting so comfortably with her on a trip is more than she could have dreamed of. so in a way, it makes a great open ending in that they could either continue to comfortably co-parent or actually start making small steps back together but really it all depends on hyun joon. either one is a win win for her... and he genuinely seemed so content and happy to be on this trip... but I was like "he just left without even going back to get clothes?" :D hahahaha.. but the again, he is rich and so he can just buy himself clothes for the trip.

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

so in a way, it makes a great open ending in that they could either continue to comfortably co-parent or actually start making small steps back together but really it all depends on hyun joon. either one is a win win for her... and he genuinely seemed so content and happy to be on this trip.

I also thought the open ending for HJ/KS was appropriate. The fact he decided to invite himself on the trip showed me, he wasn’t content with listening to his parents anymore. He decided to follow his heart and it was leading him to join the family on the ski trip in that moment. 

I also feel like if KS and HJ were to reconcile they would not be living at the Shin house again but out in their own house.

I’m still disappointed the elder Shins got off scott free even though they finally realized their treatment of KS was a factor that drove her to despair.

I found it cute that SH asked if HJ went with KS on the trip. Even when his mother snapped a no back at him he kept at it. Remarking he should have been back by now from dropping TW off. The fact that SH told his brother he no longer resents KS  was signal that he knew his older brother still had feelings for his ex wife and was giving him a green light.

It seems everyone was content with where they were in life so it was a happy ending for all.

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving if you are in the States and maybe we will see you in another thread somewhere.

Lovely ending. All in all, I was very satisfied with how this drama ended. From start to finish this was a pretty great series. (Other series I watched like Nameless Woman and My Golden Life had a crappy and meh ending respectively) I don’t have much to add since many of you wrapped it up nicely above but I have to say this was a happy ending but also not fairy-tale happy. It’s a heart-warming realistic ending, an ending you can stually see happening in real life. Props to the writers, directors, actors, and all involved and to you guys for the great conversations we had! See you around and happy thanksgiving and holidays!

• 2 weeks later...

@Lmangla,hello again :D

I think the Shins were unhappy with KS over more than her inability to bear a child.   But Mama used that as a driving force.  I haven't seen the last few episodes yet.  Only to the epsidoes where she was released from prison and is now staying with Jenny.

one thing that struck me was that the Grandpa and Grandma never told TW that KS tried to have Grandpa killed.  They could have told him and I am sure, he would never have asked for her ever again.  

I always liked the Jang lady from the start of her appearance.  So sad she would not end up being HJ's wife.  As always, when there is a child involved, all is forgiven and forgotten.  The bad will turn over to a new leaf and family is whole again.  At least in this story, KS's change is not in just one episode!  

Archived