[Drama 2018] I'm a mother too, 나도 엄마야

0ly40

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, mizkorea said:

I too am enjoying the post prison KS story. I think its the combination of beautiful soulful ost, good acting and writing.

I watched all the KS 2.0 episodes dilligently. No ff at all. Fancy that. 

Yep. I love that beautiful new KS theme song. Always sets the mood of the scene perfectly.

the new ceo lady may sound harsh but she does raise very valid points:

-- tae woong should have been informed of the divorce and the conditions that happened. like she said, it is open secret -- it is all out there on the internet and is the sort of thing that people gossip about. wouldn't it be better if the family had talked to him before hand and prepared him rather than leave him at the mercy of gossip?

-- and how does hyun joon expect to date or remarry if his kid doesn't know about the divorce?

-- she is not wrong is saying that children should be taught etiquette when they are young. ...

-- she does raise valid points about trying to peacefully co-parent as that would be better for the child...

so rather than her points, perhaps it is her delivery that comes across as a bit harsh?

Written Preview Episode 119:

"Tao Woong (Kim Min-joon), who learned about the divorce of Hyun Joon (Park Jun-hyuk) and Kye-sin Shin (Woo Hee-jin) However, Eugene (Yeonmiju) does not show consideration for Taewoong, Hyunjun (Park Jun-hyuk) can not stand it and engages in an argument with Eugene ..."

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

the new ceo lady may sound harsh but she does raise very valid points:

-- tae woong should have been informed of the divorce and the conditions that happened. like she said, it is open secret -- it is all out there on the internet and is the sort of thing that people gossip about. wouldn't it be better if the family had talked to him before hand and prepared him rather than leave him at the mercy of gossip?

-- and how does hyun joon expect to date or remarry if his kid doesn't know about the divorce?

-- she is not wrong is saying that children should be taught etiquette when they are young. ...

-- she does raise valid points about trying to peacefully co-parent as that would be better for the child...

so rather than her points, perhaps it is her delivery that comes across as a bit harsh?

This is something that I have thought and said as well. HJ dropped the ball here. AS a father he should have told this child the truth. Not necessarily right after KS went to jail but over time as he saw that TW was still looking for and wanting his mother so desperately he should have explained what happened. I think the main point here is that they wanted to wash KS out of this child's life. 

I mentioned before that it was very odd that this kid heard nothing from his pears or at school about his mom and what happened. How on earth could no one mention it to him and he not investigate on his own by using his smartphone to search the web? 

There is no reason to remove her pictures and there is no real reason to stop him from seeing her as she was a good mother to TW. Their actions have made this situation what it is now. I do not disagree with College Juniors points her methods though are the issue. Instead of letting TW get to her she should have again told HJ and the Elder Shin's that this will be an issue and understood TW. I know the elder shin's would not want to listen especially MIL because she hates KS. The real issue here is she is the cause of KS going off the rails in the first place in that family. Her awful treatment to KS only further brought out the issues KS already had. At no point has she tried to understand KS. Now she dares to want to break the mother child relationship with KS and TW but yet she hated it when SH broke ties with them for years. 

MIL has not learned anything and continues to be messy and evil. I wish someone would give her a wake up call. I think things would not be so bad if she would stay out of things and keep her mouth shut. She and her husband do not know what is best in this situation and their actions have only hurt TW. I have not seen her once try to sympathize with HJ or TW let alone KS. 

What I do not condone is the College Junior telling TW about the divorce and his mothers troubles. If she has done this then this will make this child feel betrayed by his family and either run away or go down due to sickness. The College Junior has a valid point the kid will never accept her or anyone if he still thought his father and mother were married. Also how can TW fully understand if they did not allow KS to talk to the child. I think that KS should have been allowed to see her son and explain things with HJ present. 

From the preview it looks like College Junior may have spilled the beans and HJ is now very upset with her. This marriage is not going to take place. For one I feel like HJ still loves KS he is just very hurt and angry at her actions still.I think at some point he will call off this potential marriage and just decide to raise his son and at some point either KS and him will get back together after her success or will have an open ending.  

I am still not warm for KS's character but I can see she has truly turned herself around and realized her mistakes. I think she should be able to see her son and I hope that HJ wakes up fast and does something before this kid gets hurt. He needs to know about Jenny as well. 

4 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I do not disagree with College Juniors points her methods though are the issue. Instead of letting TW get to her she should have again told HJ and the Elder Shin's that this will be an issue and understood TW.

For one I feel like HJ still loves KS he is just very hurt and angry at her actions still.I think at some point he will call off this potential marriage and just decide to raise his son and at some point either KS and him will get back together after her success or will have an open ending.

Actually, I kind of disagree with her points for the following reasons:

1. At this point she is just the girlfriend and not his step-mother yet. She should have raised her concerns like she did to HJ and set an expectation for him to resolve it before the relationship progresses and then BUTT OUT! It's not her place to address it with TW at this point and time. She really over stepped. If HJ fails to address it, she should break off the relationship and go her own way.

2. We have a couple of metaphorical sayings I heard constantly growing up. "That does not necessarily play in Peoria." and "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." They really apply in this situation. She kept constantly complaining to SH about how these situations are handled in the US. I'm sorry she is no longer in the US. When SH told her how those situations are handled in Korea, she should have heeded his words and respected the social norms in her home land. It was arrogant of her to be defiant about how she wanted it handled.

By trying to force the issue like she did, she ended that relationship prematurely and she has no one else to blame but herself. I said earlier I felt she has a bit of selfishness in her and it really came to light in this episode.

I also believe HJ still has feelings for KS. I can't help but wonder that if her starts warming back up to her and his parents throw a fit, he doesn't leave A-One Group and his parent's house and joins KS in building her company. I can see them starting over together with TW and Jenny.

Mrs. Shin has yet to pay a price for her nastiness towards KS. This would be the ultimate punishment to have her oldest son, who has been so filial towards his parents to cut ties with them to reconcile with the woman he has always truly loved and the four of them live happily together.

21 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

1. By trying to force the issue like she did, she ended that relationship prematurely and she has no one else to blame but herself. I said earlier I felt she has a bit of selfishness in her and it really came to light in this episode.

2. I also believe HJ still has feelings for KS. I can't help but wonder that if her starts warming back up to her and his parents throw a fit, he doesn't leave A-One Group and his parent's house and joins KS in building her company. I can see them starting over together with TW and Jenny.

3. Mrs. Shin has yet to pay a price for her nastiness towards KS. This would be the ultimate punishment to have her oldest son, who has been so filial towards his parents to cut ties with them to reconcile with the woman he has always truly loved and the four of them live happily together.

Point 1:

This has been my issue with College Junior. She has killed her own dreams of being with HJ by her words and actions. I feel like she should have either said something in private to HJ or realized this is a bad move for her. I think she has Liked HJ for so long she got to happy thinking she would finally be with him and over stepped her boundaries killing her chances before she even got started. Another issue is the pace in which they are going. This is way too fast. No one has let HJ or TW deal with KS being in jail and being out and not part of that family anymore. The Elder Shin's thought all HJ and TW needed was a NEW woman to fill the void of a wife and mother and that is not the case. College Junior is not cut out to be a wife or a mother in the Shin family. 

Her true personality has come out and it seems that HJ will finally see the real her and it will cause the end of that potential relationship. I can not feel sorry for the woman because again she brought it all on herself. 

Point 2:

I think that HJ has not processed anything related to his relationship with KS. I think at some point he will be made to look back over his failures in protecting his wife and understanding her and realize that a big part of the problem was him as well. His devotion to his family over shadowed his responsibility to his wife a little bit and KS became a monster. There were times when you can see her calling out for him to stand up for her and at one point she made a comment when SH brought JY home and SH stood up for JY. You can tell that KS wanted that treatment from HJ but he was so caught up in being the 1st son and filial to his parents he dropped the ball on his responsibility to his wife and now he has done the same with his son. I think he will get his wake up call with the situation with the College Junior and start a bit of a rebellion and realize his parents do not know all and its time for him to put his son first. 

Once he is made to see KS has truly changed I think his mindset will change as well and I can see him with her and the kids as well. I think one big thing is for him to realize that his parents are wrong in their views and if his mother continues to be so stubborn he will have to make a choice. 

Point 3:

Mrs. Shin needs a good kick in the pants and be made to see her part in everything. She has acted like a victim for 3 years when she is a perpetrator as well. If TW gets hurt from the actions of College Junior I can see HJ letting her have it if she goes on one of her blame KS spills. I too believe a good wake up call for her is her son finally deciding to live his life without dealing with his parents or getting back with KS regardless of their approval or say.

More plot development and fun one at that!

Spoiler

Ep 119

Global Invest CEO still standing her ground and pretty much forcing TW and HJ to Busan even tho HJ refuses at first bc he wanted to be next to TW instead. I agree with @rolisrntex bc she isn’t the stepmom quite yet and she’s acting super brash rn when she should be doing her best to win over TW rather than acting like a cold mom.

Im amazed by how KS is now a likeable character. Never would I ever while watching the drama think that I would be cheering her on even before the episode where she turns herself in. JY tells Jenny it’s her mom’s birthday and Jenny makes seaweed soup and more food and they both have a great time. KS vows that she will repay what she did bad before to Jenny winning over Jenny finally.

when Jenny leaves clothes behind that she needs to shoot for her ad, she asks KS to bring it into her studio and before hesitating a bit, Jenny thanks her “mom” she actually says it and KS is overwhelmed with happiness. : )

this is is a super sweet scene. The drama ends with TW on the bus to the airport to see his mom!!

I was expecting him to run away to be honest this family never learns their lesson.  What I really love about this drama and a few here will agree with me is that while we dont condone the evil characters behaviour there is more of a realistic ending to it.  

I mean exactly how do you go to miraculously having a fatal disease or suddenly hit by a car and die or better yet do 100 episodes of evil damage to jump on your knees and ask for forgiveness and suddenly get it or do a year in jail and everyone is your best friend again.

This one she does her time comes out and you see the after affects of it all, she doesnt get the happy ending, she has to finally struggle for what she wants.  She learns love through her daughters compassion.  Its the family who yet again are repeating the cycle i am expecting him to be hurt or a real show down to happen for them to give in here.

I want to sceam at the screen at them, 'What makes you a better parent right now, his mother may have done wrong but how are you any better watching him go through all that pain and still ignore him".....

As for B**&^& features who suddenly opened her mouth this episode its not that i dont appreciate where she comes from but I thought she would be a positive influence and a calm character, i guess its a cold blooded character to teach him to step up more.  She couldnt get her own way because of the child and goes and manipulates the child so she can get her own way dumping on him in the process (while only just got told about the divorce), btw i am not only your daddies girlfriend i am your new mother......so see you in busan.....Im scratching my head like WTF!!!

Old Shin must let TW knowing and meeting his mother every week or month

KS almost killed Mr old Shin , JY 's husband & baby..without HS company almost bankruptcy

so let the kid meeting their mom or dad . they can live happy with anyone they want

KS did toooooooo many bad thing .....can not forgive ... let her live alone

11 hours ago, perfectmouse said:

JY tells Jenny it’s her mom’s birthday and Jenny makes seaweed soup and more food and they both have a great time.

I haven't had the chance to watch the subs yet but KS was genuinely touched by Jenny cooking seaweed soup for her on her birthday. Immediately, I remarked to my wife it was probably the first time (other than maybe her own mother) someone actually cooked for her on her birthday. Very nice touch by the writer. I loved the the little smile on her face when Jenny called her Oma for the first time. She had a quiet moment of satisfaction from her daughter.

The flashback HJ had while looking at the calendar remembering it was KS's birthday shows that he does still have feelings for her.

Written Preview Episode 120:

"Taewoong (Kim Min-joon) is confused by the fact that he is in the United States or not in the States. On the other hand, Sang Hyuk (Alex) and Ji-Young (In-hye) think Tae-woong should not be forced away from his mother perhaps .."

I am not sure if the first sentence that TW is confused about where his mother is in the States or that she is not in the States... 

Either way the Elder Shin's and HJ have made a huge mess of things with a good dose of the College Junior sticking her nose in where it did not belong. My guess is per the preview they call her and she says TW is just using this ploy to get them to give in to what he wants and mentions they spoil him too much. This shows she has no true understanding of this child and is not a good mother figure. I guess she will change that tune when she realizes that the kid is really trying to leave the country and actually went to the Airport. 

My guess is they call KS to see if TW went to her and that is when she finds out that TW has ran away. I have to say I hope KS gives it to HJ and his parents good. It seems in the preview she wants to know what those people are doing over there with TW to make him leave the house that way. The woman has every right to question them since they made her promise to stay away but the child has run away from home. 

I am hoping that when he calls Jenny to say he is going to the US to see his mother she tells him that his mom is there with her and to wait right there for them. Not that this kid could leave without his passport unless he knew where it was and stole it form his dad. This is a situation that the Elder Shin's and HJ have nothing to say back to KS after they did not even realize the child left the house. 

I can handle frustration of the unrequited love bit and even the revenge being played out too long etc.  But this is the first drama i want to reach through the screen and slap the grandparents and the father one (One should avoid violent tendencies peoples..lol).

The only reason I am even watching the last few episodes of how this drama is playing out is because that child is so distressed, episode after episode he is screaming for his mother and yet every single one of them are ignoring his plight, those that are listening cant do anythng about it.

Okay I thought the father was weak initially but he stood up to his wife and put his foot down and i was proud of him for that.  Now that situation is resolved I now know how they got into the situation in the first place and doubt the ex-wife would of got into so much trouble if the so called ex-husband, grew a few and stood his ground and hand a backbone for a change.  His character is really starting to annoy me and I realise how spineless he is when his own son wants away from him and yet he is still ignoring him.  I know the situation themselves isnt easy but a child ran away from home was trying to board a plane to see his mother and got hurt in the process the step mother is about as sympathitic as a cement mixer and the grandparents are more concerned with status and his future spouse to give too hoots.  Sure take the kid on holidays, ship him off to boarding school will be the next one they havent tried yet.....  *shakes my head and walks off in disgust at this plot*

2 hours ago, fragglerock said:

Now that situation is resolved I now know how they got into the situation in the first place and doubt the ex-wife would of got into so much trouble if the so called ex-husband, grew a few and stood his ground and hand a backbone for a change.

After 120 I told my wife I'd like to apologize on behalf of the male gender to have someone like HJ among us. The man is an embarrassment. Stand up to the filthy mouthed mother of yours and tell her she is not allowed to talk about the mother of your child that way especially in front of TW.

You are absolutely correct. HJ is as much responsible for his ex-wife going nuts as he is. He failed to protect her from his venomous mother and gangster father and her life was a living hell in that house. 

Hopefully in this last week he is made to see his culpability in everything and gets punished for it.

SH and JY are running into a brick wall trying to fight on TW's behalf to let him see his mother. Now the old woman has even started to be nasty to Jenny. Good! Now Jenny gets to see just what her mother put up with all those years.

@rolisrntex  Couldnt agree with you more and maybe thats the point they are leading up to, it is a reality thou when parents make grave mistakes in what you think is protecting the child sometimes it is a fine line when do you think you will further hurt the child like this case.

I understand she has done so much wrong and sure I want to ring her neck but the voice of reason is the younger brother when the sibling were talking saying you cant sever the bond between parent and child.  He said he has so much resentment he is not sure she has the right, then he stepped up and said that the child should not be punished for it.

I think he is going to have doubts on the wedding as well, there is no way he can go forward with it when his son is like that.  The grandparents will create a storm over the wedding cancellation of course,  but i was dreading actually liking her thinking it was going to be a sappy ending, so in one regard I am glad she is playing the part of the wicked stepmother.  

I say wicked not because of her line of thought as she is not completely wrong.  Its her lack of compassion and moral judgement here, she is concerned first and formost with herself and her discomfort over things then with her social standing.  She is one of these ones that turns to kids into boarding school or a whole new drama when he is an adult of revenge that he takes for the years of mistreatment in the house.

28 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

I say wicked not because of her line of thought as she is not completely wrong.  Its her lack of compassion and moral judgement here, she is concerned first and formost with herself and her discomfort over things then with her social standing.  She is one of these ones that turns to kids into boarding school or a whole new drama when he is an adult of revenge that he takes for the years of mistreatment in the house.

Absolutely correct on this point. KS got this way over time because of the way she was treated. This chicky is that way naturally and it is her personality. Yet she wonders why she is divorced and still single. 

@rolisrntex  Actually on that point, i have noticed everyone so far has had a reality check on their lives.  What I am really upset watching this about besides watching a child grieve badly with parent and grandparents not giving a toss.  Is the fact that the grand parents have not yet learnt their lesson.

The treated the ex-wife like crap so she became ruthless, they treated the brother like crap - he rebelled, they treated his wife ruthlessly - she pulled through it because of hubby only.  Even I feel Jenny is being treated like crap in a way as well, she is in a diffcult spot she loves tae but also has that history with her mother.  She more than anyone wants them to bond but in doing so causes more trouble and if they are going to lash out at the ex wife it will also hit Jenny as well.

I guess I am additionally wound up because i just finished watching the drama HIde and Seek and off ALL KDRAMA i have seen she has got to be the most distasteful, nasty, bitter and twisted grandmother ever to grace a drama, to the bitter end of it she was deplorable......lol  So seeing another grandmother doing this really irritates me right now and wish at least this one would learn its lesson.

Written Preview of Episode 121:

"Jenny (Park Garam) goes to Hyun Joon (Park Jun-hyuk) and kneels at Tao Woong (Kim Min-joon) to let her meet with Gyeong-Shin (Woo Hee-jin). On the other hand, Hyun Joon and Yu-jin (Yeonmiju) caught the marriage date in the urging of the couple (Park Geun-hyeong, Yoon Mi-ra)"

So Jenny goes to kneel or beg HJ to let TW see KS and the Elder Shin's try to push a wedding date thinking that this will solve the problem. TW has already shown he does not like the College Junior. He has told his dad he does not like him and does not want to live with him anymore. I mentioned before that instead of thinking of his son he is letting his own anger and disappointment in KS affect his son. KS did wrong but she loved her son and was a good mother to him. He has not acknowledge how his parents treated her over the years and I said before that KS is the monster they created. Also HJ dropped the ball with his wife and did not protect her so he has a huge responsibility on how his wife turned out before her incarceration. Now his being stubborn in wanting to hate KS is hurting TW.  It looks like at some point in the next episode (prolly at the end) he starts to question if that marriage is right for him. He needs to realize his parents do not know what is best for him and his son. 

I have no more words for this drama. Everything I am seeing I mentioned many post ago. So I am just doing a count down now to the final episode and waiting on the next drama in this slot to see if I will like that one. 

2 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I have no more words for this drama. Everything I am seeing I mentioned many post ago. So I am just doing a count down now to the final episode and waiting on the next drama in this slot to see if I will like that one. 

You are correct. Not much left to be said on this one. I'm just holding out hope that the Shins get a comeuppance at the end. Something that will shake them to their core and make them see their culpability in this whole mess. JY and SH have seen the light and know the Shins are not necessarily punishing their ex-DIL but their grandson and son. He is the one suffering in this whole mess. Now that he is starting to remember how they acted before his mom went to prison, he will hold them accountable and act up even more.

Well looks like tomorrows episode is the start of the turning point, it got started on todays episode in which you can see the dad paying attention to whats going on even if he is not doing anything about it.  He is thinking things through thats been said to him, especially today when the doctor steps in as well as jenny pleading as well.

I am curious on what jenny says she would carry some weight with this conversation because she did totally  hate her mother and she is like it or not the older sister and to hear him struggling and in pain is tearing her apart as well.  She is caught in the middle and I am gathering without the subtitles that she making her point clear and begging on behalf of her brother.

Not sure without the subtitles what is going on, he either calls off the wedding or delays it but from some of the conversation it sounds like he is going to make a decision to let him see his mother.  I could be wrong its not subtitled yet i was trying to pick up the Korean with the clips....

Archived