[Drama 2018] I'm a mother too, 나도 엄마야

0ly40

@Ldy Gmerm ~ in a way, I don't mind this weird re-boot because kyung shin's story is actually interesting. how does one come back after making a mess of your life and harming others? how do you move on? and adding to the mix is how does one become a parent again when you are an ex-convict? so these questions actually make her journey interesting.

am not sure if hyun joon will move on with this college junior permanently. from what is shown, it is clear that hyun joon loved kyung shin actually deeply and is not a type of person to fall in love easily. he is not easily drawn to anyone or willing to just open his heart. even though he is amenable to meeting women for his parents sake, none of them even capture his interest. in a way, it is not surprising. he insisted on marrying kyung shin and even through the struggle with infertility, he wouldn't divorce her for many years.

how tae woong never heard any gossip is indeed surprising but someone should tell the poor kid what is going on. at this stage, even kyung shin seems to see herself as a liability and so is keen to avoid his company. so it will be interesting to see what gets her out of her hole. more than ji young, can see jenny play a bigger role because she has the perspective of being a child who years for a parent. so she can really empathize with tae woong's feelings. in a way, it is probably why this kid told her all his frustrations because he feels close to her as she gets how he feels.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

in a way, I don't mind this weird re-boot because kyung shin's story is actually interesting. how does one come back after making a mess of your life and harming others? how do you move on? and adding to the mix is how does one become a parent again when you are an ex-convict? so these questions actually make her journey interesting.

I think this is exactly what they are trying to touch on. How does one start over after making a mess of their life and how does one be able to reconnect with or have access to their child after they end up in jail? How do they deal with someone finding out their past?

am not sure if hyun joon will move on with this college junior permanently. from what is shown, it is clear that hyun joon loved kyung shin actually deeply and is not a type of person to fall in love easily. he is not easily drawn to anyone or willing to just open his heart. even though he is amenable to meeting women for his parents sake, none of them even capture his interest. in a way, it is not surprising. he insisted on marrying kyung shin and even through the struggle with infertility, he wouldn't divorce her for many years.

I do not think he will end up with the college Junior. For one its the points you stated above and that is HJ really loved KS. He was devoted to her and he did his best in the years they were married to try and protect her from his parents. KS may not have understood that or thought he did not do enough for her but the man was willing to cover up her crime and believed everything she said to him until he found out she lied to him. 

HJ is not ready for a new romance and he is not truly interested in the College Junior. When I say that he will go along with is parents to try I mean just that he will try because he is filial and she also is suppose to be on his level with her background. The problem is she is a career woman and I think at this point HJ will be hard press even with his anger and disappointment to let go of the love that is in his heart for KS. He may have divorced her and is angry at her for what she tried to do to the company , to his family and his younger brother and even her not trusting him enough with the truth about Jenny but I think deep down he still loves KS and he is not going to be able to move on to marriage with a new woman. 

This is also why I think either TW getting hurt (or almost hurt) , being sick from his wanting his mother or KS getting hurt trying to save him or being the only one who can help TW is going to loosen that rock in his heart and open him back up to forgiveness and love with KS once again. Even if all we see is an open ending where KS is able to see her son and she and HJ are able to talk to one another with out so much awkwardness and anger from his side its still a plus. I think one of the biggest factors in their favor is going to be TW now that KS has repented and is working hard to start her life over. If she is able to also be a part of or fix the issues she caused when she worked at A-One as well while living as she is then I think the family will accept her even if its only as TW's mother and allow her to see the child and spend time with him. 

can see jenny play a bigger role because she has the perspective of being a child who years for a parent. so she can really empathize with tae woong's feelings. in a way, it is probably why this kid told her all his frustrations because he feels close to her as she gets how he feels.

I think this will be the argument that Jenny uses as well that she can understand the need and desire for a parent. Her own experiences may help to shake them up a bit and let them loosen up to allow that child to see his mom. 

I have enjoyed the KS reboot myself. I love the fact she is no longer blaming others for what has happened and is basically taking her medicine. What bothers me most about the story line now is the situation with TW. It is starting to get ugly and he is not taking no for an answer about seeing his mom. When he finds out the truth, he is going to resent his father and grand parents even more.

A twist I didn't see coming was Jenny being the change agent to allow KS to see TW.

I can't help but wonder if we see a change at some point in HJ not being so filial towards his parents anymore regarding KS/TW. I would like to see him man up one time and pull a SH.

On 11/11/2018 at 9:29 AM, rolisrntex said:

I can't help but wonder if we see a change at some point in HJ not being so filial towards his parents anymore regarding KS/TW. I would like to see him man up one time and pull a SH.

I think this could happen. I think for some reason HJ will realize he was not as supportive (lack of another word) with KS as he has watched SH be with JY. He is past the age that he needs to continuously be so stead fast filial to his parents 24 hours a day. Now I am not saying he needs to completely stop I am just saying at this age and the fact he has already done his duty to produce an heir perhaps his time now is to remember why he originally fell in love with KS after all things are settled and take a page out of SH's book when he was first with JY. 

The Elder Shin's do not need both sons to be so filial to them. Times have changed and they have it way too good as it is. Letting HJ feel a break from his responsibilities to them and embracing the same type of attitude as they do with SH and JY will be good for them and the family. 

This is why I think HJ may end up making a decision for his son and his own well being. KS did wrong but she was a pretty good 1st daughter in law to them even though they treated her badly initially. Perhaps he will reflect on the fact that although he tried to straddle the fence and please both sides he fell short in some way to his wife and this is part of why things happened. I think a bit of distance from being so tied in as the 1st SON is needed for HJ in the long run. Let's hope the writer is going this route or at least an open ending route for HJ. 

Yes, TW will only escalate and not being able to see his mom will make him start lashing out as I mentioned before. The kid will realize they are hiding something and are trying to keep him from his mom. This is a recipe for disaster. That is also why said I think this kid will end up doing something that will get himself hurt or end up with KS hurt trying to save him. 

I am not surprised that Jenny would end up possibly being the bridge for TW and KS to reunite. Jenny is way to nice and kind and she would never want to see TW grow up without his mom like she had to and seeing KS having changed so much would be the incentive as well to help them. 

random detail that I was struck by while I was watching this drama -- the beach scenes! am so used to seeing a beach scene with a couple but in this drama, twice, we have it parent and child. we had a scene with hyun joon and tae woong just walking about after the divorce and kyung shin in jail, just having their own father-son bonding and healing time.. then we also had kyung shin and jenny meeting by the beach and having a chat.

Written for Episode 116:

"Kyeong sin (Woo Hee-jin) starts an ambitious new clothing business with the investment of Hae-rim. On the other hand, Jenny (Park Garam) brings Tae woong (Kim Min-joon) secretly to the goddess and meets him, but the attitude of Tae-woong is not easy."

today's episode showed how much kyung shin has changed in many ways. when hyun joon called her, she was ready for the confrontation. instead of blaming jenny, she instead just took responsibility instead and said sorry. there was no mockery, no shifting of blame, no trying to manipulate with emotions. hyun joon was judging her based on the past and his accusations are perfectly in line with her previous actions. what was interesting was that he hoped that she had changed and repented in the 3 years. hmmm.....

Written Preview Episode 117:

"Hyun Joon (Park Joon-hyuk) misunderstands that Kyeong-sin (Woo Hee-jin) has called Jenny (Park Gam) and Taewoong (Kim Min-joon) On the other hand, the Elder Shin's (Park Geun-hyeong, Yoon Mi-ra) invite Eugene /College Junior (Yeon Mi-ju) to Their house and Taewoong to Eugene ..."

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

today's episode showed how much kyung shin has changed in many ways. when hyun joon called her, she was ready for the confrontation

In the end he is going to look like the idiot for jumping to conclusions. I have a feeling that Jenny is going to set him straight on what happened. I have noticed that about KS since she got out of prison. She shoulders responsibility now even when she is not at fault. She is doing it in this situation to protect Jenny. It just further illustrates how her time in prison has made her refocus and grow.

Holy crap this drama is getting fun again:

Spoiler

Big news here is Global invest CEO is now considering marrying HJ and met with his parents and TW but episode ends with TW saying how much more prettier his mom is than to her leaving her shocked.

preview for tomorrow shows him slipping up again and showing the picture of his mom Jenny sent him before to both HJ and the ceo... 

truly KS has changed for the better she apologized to JY when JY came to visit her and reassure her that one day she will be able to see TW freely. Everyone knows it wasn’t KS’s fault but the in-laws are still questioning it and asked her to leave to US but she refused.

when asking around to find companies to work with KS, she meets one of the people fired by KS herself by chance and has water dumped on her like the preview but she returns a few days later and apologizes again and they also notice how different she acted and accept.

interesting how they managed to write a secondary story so late into the drama and it’s actually fun and interesting to see how such a despicable person is facing consequences and what truly happens after they learn (like is it too late or is there still a chance?)

Just observing from the raw did anyone notice HJ’s look on his face after SH told him KS /TW’s meeting was all cooked up by Jenny? He had to feel like one giant Richard Simmons after the way he treated KS over that incident.

I had said earlier I didn’t see Global Invest CEO being a good step mother to TW and things have not started off well between them.

As @perfectmouse said, I’m loving the last 3 weeks of this drama and the direction the writer is taking it. KS’s character development since Seung Mi’s death has been fun to watch and very emotional.

@rolisrntex ~ yea hyun joon felt like an idiot but thought it was interesting that he was willing to believe sang hyuk whereas his parents were really wary and continued to believe that kyung shin had a hand. hyun joon didn't seem surprised that jenny and tae woong have a close relationship or that tae woon was unhappy to complain to jenny. tae woong doesn't seem to know who jenny is but seems to see her as a kind of cousin sister (as sang hyuk and ji young are her guardians). since hyun joon likely owns that phone number and pays the phone bill, he would be aware that his kid talks to jenny a lot and he has not prevented that.... in a way, it is a small step towards him re-evaluating kyung shin's character...  kyung shin is also showing lots of courage in taking responsibility for her actions and coming back to sincerely apologize to the people she hurt even though she knows that "sorry" cannot do much.

this story arc actually makes a lot of sense considering the title and theme of the drama "I am also mother". with ji young, we went from loss (accident - so pre-birth) to surrogacy to loss again (an actual child - tae woong) and her coming to terms with the losses. then we see her moving on to fostering (jenny) to adopting (legal guardianship of jenny) to having her own kids and also showing aunty love (to tae woong). every time, I hear the words "chagun omma" and "chagun appa" -- reminds of my own language and how the title aunt and uncle within one's extended family actually translates to "small/big mom" "small/big dad" -- and it literally means that they are like your parents.

and with kyung shin, we see different journeys of being a mom. from not wanting to be a mother and giving her child for adoption (jenny) to wanting a child for family/society's sake (tae woong) to rejecting/hating her child (jenny) to now wanting both in her life but not being able to be part of their lives. just naming her new brand "tony and jenny" shows how kyung shin feels about her kids. she loves them but she herself recognizes that she doesn't have the right to be in their lives because of her past. it also shows this lovely journey through small steps to rebuilding a relationship when a parent has failed. so rather than a weird add on, it just feels like we are exploring all sorts of feelings associated with being a parent and the title then becomes very appropriate "I am also mother"

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

yea hyun joon felt like an idiot but thought it was interesting that he was willing to believe sang hyuk whereas his parents were really wary and continued to believe that kyung shin had a hand.

What really surprised me was KS just stood there and took his verbal abuse without saying anything but "I'm sorry and I won't see TW again." She had every right to defend herself but she also knew doing so would just make things escalate so she just stood there and took it. Glad the truth came out to HJ and Mrs. Shin is back on my bad list. She is one nasty woman thinking she can fix things by marrying her son off to someone else and all is good. TW is devastated over his mother and HJ seems to still be healing but Mrs. Shin disregards both of their feelings so that she is satisfied.

1 minute ago, rolisrntex said:

Glad the truth came out to HJ and Mrs. Shin is back on my bad list. She is one nasty woman thinking she can fix things by marrying her son off to someone else and all is good. TW is devastated over his mother and HJ seems to still be healing but Mrs. Shin disregards both of their feelings so that she is satisfied.

well, kyung shin was really nasty and quite messed up. she almost killed off the old man, tried to kill sang hyuk's business and also have him investigated... the list is quite long! hahahahah.... so from her perspective, anyone has got to be better than kyung shin and she is worried that now that kyung shin is out of prison, she would sink her claws back into hyun joon. the guy went along with whatever she did even when he hated it for so many years. and causing jenny to almost commit suicide hardly makes her mother material. so her fears have some merit no?

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

well, kyung shin was really nasty and quite messed up. she almost killed off the old man, tried to kill sang hyuk's business and also have him investigated... the list is quite long! hahahahah.... so from her perspective, anyone has got to be better than kyung shin and she is worried that now that kyung shin is out of prison, she would sink her claws back into hyun joon. the guy went along with whatever she did even when he hated it for so many years. and causing jenny to almost commit suicide hardly makes her mother material. so her fears have some merit no?

No they do have merit and I get it. However, she has no concern over whether Global Invest CEO is a good fit for her son and grandson. She just likes her background. She never once has tried to console either HJ or TW. She scolds TW when he asks about his mother and nags HJ about getting remarried. Not once has she even shown any empathy towards either one of them. She has not even asked her son about getting remarried and how he feels about it. It seems obvious to me HJ is just dating CEO to placate his parents. He is a father and has son to worry about as well.

thats true @rolisrntex _ think she doesn't ask or talk to them because she doesn't want to know or hear their answer. she already knows on some level that hyun joon is not ready for a new relationship which is why he doesn't seem to be drawn to anyone. and tae woong is clearly showing temper and does not hide his unhappiness. there is quite bit of fear and anxiety at work here... but we will probably see some confrontation and conversation regarding this since kyung shin's story is the focus now...

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

but we will probably see some confrontation and conversation regarding this since kyung shin's story is the focus now...

Agreed. Like I said before this story twist these last 3 weeks has been refreshing to see and I am loving it.

2 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

Agreed. Like I said before this story twist these last 3 weeks has been refreshing to see and I am loving it.

yea I usually lose interest by the end of the drama and sort of yawning but this one, am wide awake! :D

Archived