Quantcast
stargazer187

[Variety Show 2018] 집사부일체 ~ All The Butlers/Master In The House

On 10/8/2019 at 6:20 PM, Cassandra E. Bett said:

What is even happening this week? No subs :(

I heard there's a licensing issue.  :( 

(On a separate note: It's nice to see this thread being so lively and active!  It was so lonely last year when it was first created...)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

(On a separate note: It's nice to see this thread being so lively and active!  It was so lonely last year when it was first created...)

Late starter on this hahaha... Did you watched from 1st episode until now? May I know which episode left big impression for you? I watched it sporadic and here are some of my fav :

- Shin Ae Ra episode with personality test & game played during the family outing is exciting. SJ and his english rofl...

- Boa epic video dance scene

- JYP dance lesson and Seung Gi sang Rain Song! I love his voice

- Son Ye Jin episode guessing film name is so fun...

- Matador dance Lee Sang Yoon lol

- Dog Master & Dog Police episode... I almost cry... the dog police story sooo heartwarming

- Lee Seo Jin episode in Japan, hes so close with SG and they just discussed openly about love & relationship. 

- The westerner doctor & novelist episode, fun to see them mingled well with Korean

22 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Did you watched from 1st episode until now?

Yep, faithful follower from first ep to now!  You've already named some great episodes but some of the other ones I've enjoyed are with Lee Seung Hoon, the speed skater; Park Hang Seo, the current coach of the Vietnam national football/soccer team (I remember being overcome with emotion at one point although I can't remember over what... :lol:); Cha In Pyo; and Lee Sun Hee (for the singing moments, particularly when she and Lee Seung Gi perform together given their long history). 

It's a good show.  Hope the licensing issues can be resolved so we can continue watching with subs!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Finally, it looks like Viki has released last week’s episode with subs. Hopefully that means they’ve worked out their licensing issues. I’ll take what we can get, even if that means watching episodes one week delayed! 

• Like 1

“Master In The House” Cast Members Feel Unexpected Generation Gap While Looking Through Their Student Records

2U0ZjbL.jpg

Oct 20, 2019
by D. S.kim

On the October 20 broadcast of SBS’s “Master in the House,” the cast members each revealed their official records from when they were students.

Unfortunately for the members, this led Lee Sang Yoon, Lee Seung Gi, and Yang Se Hyungto feel the big age gap between themselves and Yook Sungjae.

This all began when Yook Sungjae asked about an unfamiliar subject called “Nature” written on the records of their master. Lee Seung Gi and Yang Se Hyung had to explain that the subject existed when they were in sixth grade. After their explanation, Yook Sungjae figured out that the subject had been changed to “Science.”

master-in-the-house-1.jpg

They continued to feel a generation gap when Lee Sang Yoon’s records looked similar to that of the master, Lee Seung Gi’s looked similar to Yang Se Hyung’s, and Yook Sungjae was the only one whose records were written digitally from a computer. When the cast members continuously teased Lee Sang Yoon for being old, he insisted, “We don’t have that big of an age difference!”

btob-yook-sung-jae.jpg

While looking at Yook Sungjae’s student records, the other cast members stated that it looked very new and somewhat like a resume. Yook Sungjae went on to explain the numerous awards he had won from drawing contests in elementary school. He revealed that his dream in elementary school was to become an artist, to which Lee Seung Gi responded, “He’s like a typical child from a rich family that we see in rom-com dramas. His parents probably wished for him to become a doctor, but he wanted to become an artist.”

After the other cast members noticed Yook Sungjae’s hilarious haircut in his student photo, the singer explained that the “shaggy” haircut was a huge trend back then. He also insisted that he was very popular with the girls in his school, going as far as to say, “My girlfriends would drag me by the arms from both sides.”

When looking at Lee Seung Gi’s student records, the members spotted that it was full of compliments and good grades. The compliments were all directed towards Lee Seung Gi’s willingness to serve his class and abundant confidence. Yang Se Hyung stated, “Lee Seung Gi has always been like this.” Yook Sungjae joked, “Lee Seung Gi is the type of person who would ask his teachers to write compliments like that.”

@Sushimi @IliK @phoenix24 @Heidi Seow @themarchioness 

• LOL 5

Translated from LSG’s exam reports for next MITH episode 

7-D6561-B9-369-E-4-F6-C-8-A2-B-7663-DF72
C75-A13-C3-B625-4268-BF47-959-AA8-EA45-D

• Thanks 2

Haha I laughed at the education gap @Lawyerh.  I do like the new version of SJ.  People don't get so detail in the USA.  I wonder what my teachers would of written if they have to.  How was the notes like for you?

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

Haha I laughed at the education gap @Lawyerh.  I do like the new version of SJ.  People don't get so detail in the USA.  I wonder what my teachers would of written if they have to.  How was the notes like for you?

Yeah I dont get such details too in my card. I just remember my primary school teacher complaint to my parents that I always dropped stuff and got to go under the table to pick them up :joy: Seung Gi is quite scary lol too perfect. Good at origami? Lol so extra eh... 

3 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Yeah I dont get such details too in my card. I just remember my primary school teacher complaint to my parents that I always dropped stuff and got to go under the table to pick them up :joy: Seung Gi is quite scary lol too perfect. Good at origami? Lol so extra eh... 

My nephew is actually into origami when he was 8.  Although, that's not common for many boys in States.I laugh when SH didn't read SG's card or kind of made something up.  SG seem to be upset about shallow thinking too.  SY said he was just a distracted child and he did admit he loses focus easily.

• LOL 1

On 10/22/2019 at 11:31 AM, phoenix24 said:

SG seem to be upset about shallow thinking too.  SY said he was just a distracted child and he did admit he loses focus easily.

Haha its interesting teacher gave comment his depth of thinking is shallow lol. Actually he have nickname of "heodang" which meant a person who is always a bit off and easily confused. He also commented teacher knowing personality well, so I think in a way he admitted to it :lol:

Btw I enjoyed ep 91. I don't like baseball, but it was so much fun with the game, and the student participant. And wow LSG also able to hit the bottle glass!! The guy athletic skill is no joke! 

25 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Haha its interesting teacher gave comment his depth of thinking is shallow lol. Actually he have nickname of "heodang" which meant a person who is always a bit off and easily confused. He also commented teacher knowing personality well, so I think in a way he admitted to it :lol:

Btw I enjoyed ep 91. I don't like baseball, but it was so much fun with the game, and the student participant. And wow LSG also able to hit the bottle glass!! The guy athletic skill is no joke! 

first :open_mouth: no more sg for profile?  I think what he has to be more precise is selective attention really bc he gets so passionate about certain things that other things get lost.

haha yea I was also amaze with his hitting bottle talent, but teacher also said he was athletic when he was young too.

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, phoenix24 said:

first :open_mouth: no more sg for profile? 

Its not easy to find good DP gif of him...lol. Dont worry still love him, im like watching his variety non stop eh. 

I do think his record is too perfect and that 1 comment by teacher is quite refreshing actually :lol:

The comment for SY also very funny, he cry easily. And SJ was having so many awards in arts. Didnt know he can draw manga well. And even the teacher know SH is good at making friends laugh. I have to say the teacher really all quite good and spot on with their kids. 

Btw Im a bit confused with the chestnut gift box to SG, did they just joking of it? Or maybe the box really lost it and SG didnt received it? The parents seems quite fond of SG and like know him well? Do they meet before? 

5 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

. I do think his record is too perfect and that 1 comment by teacher is quite refreshing actually :lol:

Btw Im a bit confused with the chestnut gift box to SG, did they just joking of it? Or maybe the box really lost it and SG didnt received it? The parents seems quite fond of SG and like know him well? Do they meet before? 

Haha yea comment was funny.

I also wonder about chestnut.  The comment did seem serious to me.  Father is the sentimental type kind of like with poem. It was interesting though usually it's the moms that pay attention to SG more.  Anyway, glad they had chance to talk about it and get closer.

• Love 1

Park Chan Hoo IG update

Vjb5Ktm.jpg

9Hl9pop.jpg

@phoenix24 I also feel the baseball manager actually kind of interested to recruit Lee Seung Gi in their team lol. 

• LOL 1