[Drama 2018] Voice 2, 보이스2

Prettysup

Wow!

Just caught up with episode 3 and 4.

Episode 3 was very intense and so real that I really hope there's tougher law worldwide for any sexual predators.

An erase of their existence will be better for the world and to deter more monsters especially those who prey on innocent children!

Do Kang Woo is such a troubled, moody and sexy cop!

But he seems more calm when handling normal case compared to Jin Hyuk.

A little worrying on what's to come.

I hope they won't play with the lives of the golden team members or family members for the next few episodes.

The last thing we want to see is the team falling apart while battling with a monster who looks like an innocent man.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Do Kang Woo is such a troubled, moody and sexy cop!

But he seems more calm when handling normal case compared to Jin Hyuk.

Yes, he looks calm and it scares.

When a person acts under the influence of emotions - his actions are clear, but when his mind is cold, he can go much further, because he clearly sees the situation. His own emotions do not dazzle him and he goes to his goal.

In 1st episode, the villain told DKW (or maybe it was his OWN thoughts???) that people are easily manipulated through their emotions. And that's what DKW does. He throws off the villain from the stairs in cold blood, he knows that his cruelty will not be punished, because other policemen are under the influence of their own feelings and forgive his cruelty. But he is not a judge, he has no right to judge and act this way!

But DKW knows how to use the anger and hatred of policemen for his own purposes.

In other scene DKW talks irritably to KKJ, but then suddenly softens his voice and his look and she already looks at him with different eyes.

He unexpectedly protects her before the inspector, hugging her by the shoulders and saying – Let’s go!

This gesture (physical touch) of protection should have affected the woman. I'm not sure that it was sincere, DKW just knows how to use the feelings of a woman, showing that a man is ready to protect her. And she is already following him, instead of directing him. He is already leading, but she is only following his goal.

It seems to me, that KKJ can no longer cope with him, he is being out of control and does it with a cold mind and, possibly, a cold heart.

17 hours ago, meon said:

Yes, he looks calm and it scares.

When a person acts under the influence of emotions - his actions are clear, but when his mind is cold, he can go much further, because he clearly sees the situation. His own emotions do not dazzle him and he goes to his goal.

In 1st episode, the villain told DKW (or maybe it was his OWN thoughts???) that people are easily manipulated through their emotions. And that's what DKW does. He throws off the villain from the stairs in cold blood, he knows that his cruelty will not be punished, because other policemen are under the influence of their own feelings and forgive his cruelty. But he is not a judge, he has no right to judge and act this way!

But DKW knows how to use the anger and hatred of policemen for his own purposes.

In other scene DKW talks irritably to KKJ, but then suddenly softens his voice and his look and she already looks at him with different eyes.

He unexpectedly protects her before the inspector, hugging her by the shoulders and saying – Let’s go!

This gesture (physical touch) of protection should have affected the woman. I'm not sure that it was sincere, DKW just knows how to use the feelings of a woman, showing that a man is ready to protect her. And she is already following him, instead of directing him. He is already leading, but she is only following his goal.

It seems to me, that KKJ can no longer cope with him, he is being out of control and does it with a cold mind and, possibly, a cold heart.

An interesting point of view. I do think that DKW is sketchy and definitely has a skeleton or two in his closet but I'm still not sure how crazy he'll get or how scary is his secret. I'm very concerned about his nightmares. What the hell did he do in the past and what kind of medicine did he take? I perceived the scenes that you described a bit differently though. I don't think he used or tried to manipulate any of the golden time team members. In the scene with the paedophile, he actually stopped the officer from hitting the suspect which in turn saved him from being punished by his superiors. While DKW didn't do it to help that officer, he simply found a way to beat up the suspect without getting anyone in trouble. I don't blame him or the officers that turned a blind eye to his actions. In my opinion, it would be even more strange if they didn't want to beat him up because that scum deserves much worse.

DKW seems to be the person who couldn't care less about what other people think of him, though at the same time he seems to be hurt by people thinking that he killed his colleague. He's a weird one for sure, but he doesn't strike me as a manipulative type. Plus he didn't protect KJ from the prosecutor, what he did is prevent her from spilling the beans about their investigation to an outsider. I thought that it was a smart move on his part. KJ was about to ask the prosecutor why he excluded the possibility of murder which in turn would've triggered the prosecutor to ask questions about it and, in the future, about their investigation as well. So DKW diffused the situation and even explained to KJ why he led her away. He was smart here because he knows that the killer is possibly a police officer or someone close in the police circle, so sharing their "secret" investigation info with basically a stranger was a potentially careless move on KJ's part.

As for KJ, she's standing her ground just well. When DKW suggested to only focus on the psycho killer instead of keeping the golden time team, she refused firmly. She didn't even budge. Personally, I find KJ amazing this season. She seems so much stronger yet vulnerable at the same time. I love her, she's a sweetheart. I also don't think that DKW tried to manipulate KJ simply because of what he told her about himself - that he became a police officer to find out what kind of person he truly is. In my book, that screams suspicious and I was glad that Kwon Joo caught it too and has her doubts about him. That's smart on her part and stupid on his part if he was truly trying to manipulate her because then any sane cunning person would try to prevent being suspicious. I have my doubts about DKW but so far I'm not fully on board with branding him a villain. 

Forgot to add that I really like the way he treats KJ so far. After she proved her enhanced hearing ability, not once did he question her abilities or skills as a police officer. He treats her as an equal who received enough training to be able to protect herself and know how to handle situations. I love it. If it was a different drama, the male lead would've already doubted her professional skills because she's a woman or tried to protect her from everything. If he doesn't end up a bad guy then their partnership will go a long way because so far they have a great dynamic and work well as a team. 

Hi everyone 

Finally I catch season 2 , I have to read what I missed  posts  and thoughts here but some people know me from season 1 I was a big fan for the that great drama 

I am happy I get  season 2 and it very good one , I enjoy season 2 as new drama and I like everything about , but to be honest I miss season 1 so much, I am not talking about just the change of the lead actors since they both so great , different  and gave us a great characters that make  us love them both .

Why I miss season 1: 

Spoiler

But what I miss is the direction  style, Kj mystery and sad side, the great bond that was build  between KJ and Jh it was one of the best point about the drama when two painful and broken souls whose living in hell for three years come together, learn to trust, fight and connect with other , each one was special and each one was not perfect but together they was some thing  amazing not an any romance meaning but I talking about the human connection,

They was amazing , I understand why the writer keep bringing  Jh  on the story even if it was just by emil or latter it not just for fans  it just he knows what he build  in season 1 it was a strong bond that can't be erased just cause actor  can't be in this season after all it about Jh character and how  important and significant it was and will stay in Kj life and everyone elso life , it a great character  that the writer has builed  and  jang hyuk  rock it, so I respect  the writer for respecting  the story and the characters he created and didn't just  try to not talk about him so much to make people forget and focus only on the new season .and I miss the directiong  style that made us connect  to every cases and everyone pain it was like amazing long  moive  not drama

Why I like season 2

Spoiler

as I said I am enjoying  season 2 as new drama I  know from the start that getting  season  2 will mean some change no matter if the original  cast stay or not, after all it  the the price for most of multiple drama but I am enjoying  the new characters and team leader do standing in great ground  till now , after all they still didn't show us even the most important part about him and it his reason and  dark past and we already into him ( let me admit he  a hot crazy , wild man :wub:

I like his new connection  with Kj they both smart and have clam minds, and it like fire everytime they face each others I have so much hope for them for the future  .But I get why some miss the feeling of pain from losing someone like how it was in  the past season, Kj here is more  clam  and logic and missing  hate and suffering  after all she care about the person who die but it not like he was her father or close so much to her like Jh  and it just happen not like she was suffering   years  for injustice  like what happens with her father, but kW is different he in the same place Jh and Kj  was on last year , so it hard for him to trust or open up to people special that wasn't his good point even before  what he have to face .

I would like to see this both connected  , after all i remeber how Kj  clam and caring voice while talking and helping  Jh  in every case was what save him from crossing the line  and kill one of the crazy men they face and stopped  him from killing Mtg in the end , I will like to see this connected  again when  Jh  and kW  connect  with every  case and when kW  face his fear and  darkness  everytime   they face another monster and I want to see both of them start to to know that the other there for theme even if it by just talking with radio 

I have to say kW character  so much interesting I want to see more from it , after all a psycho detective is hot enough , and I have to admit he not the psycho  that everyone see I think it just him fearing to connect with people and sure he have a good reason for that,

No matter if it season 1 or 2 what I like about this drama that they focus  on victims  suffering  not like any drama they focus  on hero's winning and amazing solving the problem  and ending the suffering  of victim which they just happen to be there for the story itself, 

No voice  is different the mean characters  here is the victims  and their endless pain how they the really hero how live  fighting  even after everything is ending  since the soul pain don't heal so fast or end by catching  the evil man, 

Voice with both  season had this point , I respect the written for it so much he made the suffering shine and he have the courage  to point his finger  to cases  that most will not want to bringing them, but he don't just bring them  , he show the worst sides and aftermath of it, he make it clear to force everyone to admit and feel them . The writer saying "  it here so see it there people who suffering  so much and their voice needs to get to everyone".

On 8/21/2018 at 8:49 AM, AlexandraReid said:

Agent jin said he tried to shut off the power but it end up exploded. lmao ofcause it will explode since he just pull the plug while the pc was getting hacked and heated lol. :sweat_smile:

Something isn't right  about agent jin , he supposed  to be the hacked experience but he stand infront of his hacked  computer having no idea what to do and even thought of calling kj  !!! What she was going to do for you,  if you really thought danger to call the team leader why not move out from it before and the thought of just pull the plug  is what stupid normal people will do not a computer genius and a cop evenmore 

Something not right about him , it felt like he did that to make himself victim, his reaction to all what happens was not normal too .

On 8/20/2018 at 8:10 PM, nateko said:

An interesting point of view. I do think that DKW is sketchy and definitely has a skeleton or two in his closet but I'm still not sure how crazy he'll get or how scary is his secret. I'm very concerned about his nightmares. What the hell did he do in the past and what kind of medicine did he take? I perceived the scenes that you described a bit differently though. I don't think he used or tried to manipulate any of the golden time team members. In the scene with the paedophile, he actually stopped the officer from hitting the suspect which in turn saved him from being punished by his superiors. While DKW didn't do it to help that officer, he simply found a way to beat up the suspect without getting anyone in trouble. I don't blame him or the officers that turned a blind eye to his actions. In my opinion, it would be even more strange if they didn't want to beat him up because that scum deserves much worse.

DKW seems to be the person who couldn't care less about what other people think of him, though at the same time he seems to be hurt by people thinking that he killed his colleague. He's a weird one for sure, but he doesn't strike me as a manipulative type. Plus he didn't protect KJ from the prosecutor, what he did is prevent her from spilling the beans about their investigation to an outsider. I thought that it was a smart move on his part. KJ was about to ask the prosecutor why he excluded the possibility of murder which in turn would've triggered the prosecutor to ask questions about it and, in the future, about their investigation as well. So DKW diffused the situation and even explained to KJ why he led her away. He was smart here because he knows that the killer is possibly a police officer or someone close in the police circle, so sharing their "secret" investigation info with basically a stranger was a potentially careless move on KJ's part.

As for KJ, she's standing her ground just well. When DKW suggested to only focus on the psycho killer instead of keeping the golden time team, she refused firmly. She didn't even budge. Personally, I find KJ amazing this season. She seems so much stronger yet vulnerable at the same time. I love her, she's a sweetheart. I also don't think that DKW tried to manipulate KJ simply because of what he told her about himself - that he became a police officer to find out what kind of person he truly is. In my book, that screams suspicious and I was glad that Kwon Joo caught it too and has her doubts about him. That's smart on her part and stupid on his part if he was truly trying to manipulate her because then any sane cunning person would try to prevent being suspicious. I have my doubts about DKW but so far I'm not fully on board with branding him a villain. 

Forgot to add that I really like the way he treats KJ so far. After she proved her enhanced hearing ability, not once did he question her abilities or skills as a police officer. He treats her as an equal who received enough training to be able to protect herself and know how to handle situations. I love it. If it was a different drama, the male lead would've already doubted her professional skills because she's a woman or tried to protect her from everything. If he doesn't end up a bad guy then their partnership will go a long way because so far they have a great dynamic and work well as a team. 

I want to know his past too and his secret it something that connect  to his father I think  he talk about his father in first episode and the way he was talking to the victim father to not let his child live as murder  kids  they will live their life wander about if they monster too, I think he was talking about himself, his childhood is a secert since he lived in Japan till third grade  I suppose his father was a murder  and not the normal murder  and that kW fearing that he share the same craziness  with his father, and about understanding criminal it a gift some great profile  in the world had it before even start studied that in collage but it also a sign that he may grow up dealing with that madness.

I agree he not manipulate the team he just know how to do things in legal ways , he not interesting in getting in problem before catching the killer but he also can't hold his hate for the criminal who stand in front  of him, he just did what everyone  wanted  to do in his own way.

About KJ yes love that girl so much she will be a good teacher for Kw  to learn to accept  his gift, find a life goal, love and respect  what he do as a police man and make him face his true

I know that her words affect him from the the look on his face when she made him speechless but he hide it  quickly making fun of her way of living but he answer her honesty about his double of the reason he become  a cop , he didn't have reason to say that but he said that as answer to her honest words that affect  him, he just was saying not everyone have what you have ( it wasn't making fun or attaction her idea as he made it look ) 

@titania1000 thanks  i really liked your post as much as i have to talk about every point 

4 hours ago, titania1000 said:

On 8/19/2018 at 8:05 PM, mandunim86 said:

Moo Jinhyuk tim jjangnim need to appear as cameo, kwonjoo really miss him even in the drama press con she missed janghyuk being on set with her lol

It's a given now that he will appear on the drama at one point, probably at the very end,  considering how much talked there is about him and his relationship with Kwon Joo.

The teasing has happened so often, it feels literally that he hasn't left the drama.

I'm starting to wonder if he  won't come back for season 3 as a lead...

I know he said that he didn't feel that he could add anything new to the character, but when a writer likes a character as much as this writer  likes Jin Hyuk and Jang Hyuk, she has no hesitation to re-write the plot to fit his demands. Maybe Jang Hyuk couldn't come back for s2 because of others engagements and was just told to say he didn't want to in order to not spoil his return for s3...

I would love this scenario.     

i really wish he come back , but i am not sure he will , the fact that they keep bringing him up as i said cause the writer to respect the character he build and for sure when time hard on KJ she will need to react and have helped even in words from JH i am happy at this point too i was afraid they talk about him in ep 1 then act as he was never here , but i really i wish he come back even in it just cameo but what i am fearing most they  that we have a cop killer and have him after the golden time so do the math:fearful: ( please writer don't kill him off , i will live on the fact he happy  away with his son and still care for the team and will not ask more from what i get ) 

and i agree on the writer really like JH character, she should she made him and it was a really one of the kind in drama land and sure she like JH for making her character shine like that, as i said i respect a writer who respects their story. i know she willing to writer season 3 for JH if want to come back .

It's a great post! 

I love your description of their relationship. :wub:    

What makes it very unique, especially  in kdramaland, is the fact that we were given  something as pure and intense/solid between a man and a woman and yet platonic.

It  feels very strange to write this because i wasn't among the ones who were especially disappointed by the absence of Jang Hyuk: i mean i totally shipped and support their friendship during s1 and was very satisfied with the evolution of their bond but nothing was said about the state of their relationship during the finale,  so i was resigned to see them part way.  It seemed that both characters weren't as much invested in their mutual relationship as they were in their "children": his son for Jin Hyuk and the GTT for Kwon Joo.

What i realize sadly only now,  is how much i've been deprived by the lack of acknowledgment by the writer of their mutual admiration and affection. They shared SO much and developped something so strong: i should have been more mad at the writer for not giving us more because the little tidbits that she's leaving here and here in s2: Jin Hyuk making Jang promise to protect and support her, his admission that he felt uncomfortable leaving her and is still thinking about her and about joining her once his son will be healed, the fact that he wrote  that he missed her (!!!) and promise to come back as soon he can; are sending me over the moon!!!:love:

I don't know if i'm just having signs of withdrawal of their relationship or if i'm looking for more (something romantic) , but i really pray that the writer isn't leading me on because it would be very cruel. After watching their superb relationship unfolding so slowly during s1 without getting a real pay off, and being teased the hope for a more (and better) connection, i deserve just like Kwon Joo a bit of happiness.        

Please writer, don't break my heart!         

first, thank you, second, dont let me start it was one of the most perfect bond i saw on all drama and movie it not that i would mind romance between them no i will really love it but i am more then thankful for what they had on season 1 and what they have now even if he away,

let not forget important fact that JH was different from KJ and KW he was a very social person  before and after what happened, he had friends, people who admire him, love, trust and respect him and he was a very caring person to people who around him if the were friends or family, he a nice and big heart person that what was KJ missing she wasn't the type who get close to people easy even before what happens she has a gift that made it hard for her to trust and open up to people and her father was her only family and mostly the closed friends she  ever had 

JH is that kind of person when you in his closed group he will take care of you as a family, that what KJ get after getting close to him she get the new family a real one, and JH see her as a family too. and  care for her more then other friends, after all, they had both go through so much and they both really have a great bond and love for each other no matter if it romance or not, so it normal to JH feel worried and missing KJ 

DH is like KJ in season one and he even  worse case, at least KJ had her father as light and love and support till a fine age but KW look like he grow up without so much love, understanding or really connecting to people, he not going to be like JH was to KJ , no he will have KJ give him what JH  give her, to open, trust, warm and understanding  and try  make him learn to connect people 

OMG i  pity the writer right now she really wishes if she can writer a season when KJ, JH and KW can be there together and show their connecting 

It seems more balanced than that to me. 

I don't think she's following him easily because even if it's true she's good person with a good heart, who wants to believe her partner is worth to trust, she clearly bases her new comprehensive judgement on facts: he showed signs of competency when he prevented the father to kill the abuser, saved the child, and she knows he lied about his ex partner 's corruption and took all the blame to protect his friend's family and their financial status. 

The writer is pushing for Kwon Joo to use her empathy: she wrote especially the part where the killer broke into Kang Woo's house and sent him  a provocative text about it  to get Kwon Joo  to see his empty appartment, and realize how sad and lonely his life is.   

But being empathetic never made her weak: if anything, it pushed her to stick more to her beliefs like she did later during their long and intense conversations after the computer attack, and  try harder to save the people concerned.

It's worth to notice that he seemed to enjoy the attention: see how he reacted when she stopped him from going alone, showed concern for his safety, call the team  to keep an eye on them. He was obviously pleased as much as he was by the compliment of his ex partner when he said that he respected his work as a cop despite his bad temperer. 

So it seems to me that she's influencing him too, even though he's not aware of it or doesn't want to admit it.  

I agree that he wants to get her on his side as proved by their heated discussion:  it wasn't about contesting her leadership but more about sharing things with her. For him life is a field of conflict and opposition, his worldview divides everything  between him  and the rest of the world and he's searching for an ally at minimum to survive, but also to feel less lonely.   

Though she offered royal conditions:  to get out of jail and receive protection from further prosecution, to lead the investigation he wants to lead in secret and getting paid and recognition for it, a job as team leader; he feels frustrated because it seems like she's not  invested as much as him, he can sense it, and more than anything he still feels isolated. 

That's why he tried clearly to influence her, to push her to reveal what he would like to be her true feelings that she's hiding only to fit in, and  to embrace his dark view.  He wants to believe that just like him she would prefer to see the criminals killed instead of arrested, and to admit that her power is a curse, no matter how many people she saves.

I agree that this simple physical contact (his hand on her shoulder) has in this context a special meaning, especially for two characters who are seen rarely interacting. For me it was possessive gesture, a way to mark his territory: everyone else but them is incompetent or corrupted; so he only trust her and won't share his knowledge without anybody else, even if it could be potentially helpful. 

But it could just mean that they're becoming closer: I noticed that she felt comfortable about this touch and later used the same method to stop him from rushing to his appartment.

1.kj really a good, honest and pure person who dreams of a better world she  cold and strong on the outside but like a child in the inside as we saw in season 1

2.KJ is supposed to find about KW character  profiler  in her own way before known any information, that important part for the future we have KW who fear himself and don't know what he really is, and we have  a killer who knows KW dark past and planning to use that to destroy him , so it will be time where KW act as she  do not just believe information and see things as most people see but she will see it in a different way  and find a way to save KW even from himself, so they making step for that from ep 2 

3.the most important i agree with what you said about KW, no matter how strong and lonely life he was having all his life it not something that you really like, living when everyone around you hate  don't believe you and think the worst of you, when you fight alone no one even smart enough to get what you see and just make everything bad on you 

KJ isn't like this from ep 1 KW saw she smart and not like other, from ep 2 she made him sure that she so much different from other  she find about what everyone didn't notice she chose to believe the side that he really did hid things to protect the family of his dead partner then choose to think another bad motive he may have 

when she face him in ep 2 she made him so angry but she totally win over him, what she said, find and offer him was something that no one before did with him , i think he really trying without even noticing to get her on his side not in control way but what she gave him is something he needs so much even when he doesn't admit it  as i said before it like how JH was for KJ but in their own way and need 

Forgive me if this has been asked before, and I can't tell by his emails, but... Are JH and KJ in a romantic relationship? I know they got close in season 1, but I don't remember them confessing to each other or else. It's driving me crazy to not know! 

1 hour ago, lilyphenix said:

Forgive me if this has been asked before, and I can't tell by his emails, but... Are JH and KJ in a romantic relationship? I know they got close in season 1, but I don't remember them confessing to each other or else. It's driving me crazy to not know! 

Dear you can read my two long posts I posted  this week here and the amazing posts other posts about that point  here and for sure you will have some idea but sure will never give you a honest answer .sadly it maybe make you more lost of thought :joy:

One things for sure they so close like it was in season 1 and more , they close as family , friends, team and partner , 

Don't blame yourself  sure the writer playing with their  true relationship but not just cause  she love to confuses us but cause she really had something in mind for this two from season 1 , don't forget she was written  season 2 in mind of JH will keep staying so even if he not here it not like the writer give up the amazing connected JH and KJ had and she secrety  hoping  that maybe she going to have  this too 

I Like this writer, since written  a character  is like give birth to new person I think she show here wishs, she write them and she really wanted JH to back to season 2 as she said in past, I think she already had season 2 half  written with JH even if it not for drama but as a story she wrote  from the start.

So if that going or was already  get to romance part or not , we may have no answer  for now or even after the end of season 2 

But enjoy  it no matter if it romance or not KJ and JH is interesting and wonderful partner  to dream about :smirk:

@nateko omg for really a crazy and the worse  killer who like to collect his victims body part and his best hunting target  is police  officers moreover  so much into the golden team . This Kind of monster find about  KJ gifts  and now she like the ideal collection he dream of 

tumblr_m14k0lBZOY1rreoa3o1_250.gif 

oh my it  not like it wasn't scary enought  for now, be ready my friends  the really hunting  has just started 

5 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

No they were not. :) 

Kim Yeon-ji from Seeya, 'Voice 2' first OST .... Today (25th) 'Voice' reinterpreted

Singer Kim Yeon-ji will be singing the first OST of OCN weekend drama 'Voice 2'. It will be released on the 25th August, at 6 pm, through various music sites.

The 'Voice' that Kim Yeon-ji will be singing here is a re-interpretation of the original 'Voice' which was one of the OSTs of the last 'Voice' season 1.  "The remake version by Kim Yeon-ji is more mysterious and the sound of rock is thicker, so it looks like a short opera." He added, "We have improved the perfection of Kim Yeon-ji's tone, which is like playing while crossing the true and falsehoods."

2018082511283213102-540x540.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1554835

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

No they were not. :) 

To me, I felt that ocn won't usually have obvious romance element in their drama unless it is a romance genre type of drama like "My Secret Romance".

For thriller, suspense, mystery type of drama, most probably they will give us the vibes and drop some hints here and there for us to go crazy over it but nothing obvious like sweet romance between the leads.

The only temporary sweet romance that I've seen so far in a thriller, suspense drama is "Black".  (I might be wrong since I don't watch much but most ocn production that I've seen so far.. I've only recall seeing it in Black)

It made me happy and crazy at the same time. :sweatingbullets:

So I'm not going to hope for obvious sweet romance between the two leads for s2 but I will welcome a surprise! :D

Oh my word... Who in the world let the nutters out of the asylum? :D

I've been umming and ahhing about watching this soon but I was craving for a crime show and before I knew it, I hit the play button. But alas it's a 12 episode drama! 

Which is fine... In fact, more K dramas need to be 12 episodes or less to be frank. 

2 episodes in and I'm enjoying it very muchly already. I've noticed some improvements procedurally and everything feels a lot more cohesive for obvious reasons. They've done a reasonably good job transitioning from the first series and finding a rationale for LJU's character into this while introducing serial killer of the series. A pity though that TL Jang cleaned up so nicely only to find himself the victim of a crime. Love the nods to Jang Hyuk's character from S1. 

It's nice to see that the Golden Time Team has turned into quite a slick operation with KKJ at the helm. And not only that... they've all become one big happy family. Except that LJU's character will be the outsider that will cause the usual teething problems before fitting into the well-oiled machine. ;)

This will be LJU's second foray into the world of cops and serial killers this year. :D I must admit I rather like seeing him as these sorts of dark, intense character.

OCN proves once again why it's the home of decent police procedurals in SK. I daresay the second series has the potential to exceed the first depending on how the rest of the drama pans out. (This is one of the reasons why I'm not terribly enthused by the Luther remake.) Apart from one or two niggly things like the fact that we have another loony cop on the loose as a serial killer (or one masquerading as one), I'm enjoying the call centre dispatches and the new dynamic between LJU and KHN. I feel they've really tightened things in that regard.

Out of curiosity, I had a look at the PD's CV and noticed that he was the PD for TEN and Missing Noir M... oh wow... no wonder the detective stuff feels a lot more detailed and grounded here. Those two dramas are among my favourite K dramas of all time. In comparison the first season went for the crazy thrills, ridiculous highwire tensions and sledgehammered the grotesque which I thoroughly enjoyed of course. 

Well apparently our loony blame shifting cop... I suppose his authenticity is yet to be determined but the janitor/security in his housing area seems to think he is one... is a rather chatty and confident Norman Bates except that he's not content merely to stay home and watch over his embalmed mother. On some level he seems to be an anarchist ready to set the world alight and then he seems to target corrupt cops... maybe... Does he see himself as some kind of vigilante? Perhaps such speculations are premature at such an early stage.

I'm not really that convinced that KW is the scary badass that he is painted to be or that he likes others to think that he is. There's no doubt that his detective skills are a cut above the norm and he appears to be indifferent or disdainful of KJ's idealism. But it's an act because when he's in the thick of his dispatch duties, he is undoubtedly 100% committed and his caring side leaks. KJ has an inkling or two about that. I imagine he plays the "bad guy" in part to protect his former partner's reputation. There's also definitely survivor's guilt at play and may be some childhood trauma festering away... judging from the way he was speaking to the father of the molestation victim. 

Yes, the molestation case was rather nerve-wrecking especially when the brother got dragged into the mess. I thought it was telling that they came right out and declared the impossibility of rehabilitating pedophiles. They certainly took a hardline on that and understandably so. But what really caught my attention and I'm not sure if it's deliberate, was how the daughter's trauma so consumed the family that they neglected the much younger son and left him vulnerable to the wiles of the sexual predator. I noticed that KJ commended the father's reckless actions in assisting with the quick capture of the sex offender but there seemed to be an unspoken implication that the daughter's inability to process/move on from her trauma was in part "responsible" for what happened to the brother. Because there's an interesting scene after the event at the hospital where her memory of what happened to her is triggered by a mobile phone ring tone. She struggles emotionally and then she manages to overcome the pain of that recollection to be able to tell the owner that her phone had rung. The implication is that the shock of almost losing her brother to the same sexual predator helped her take the first steps towards some kind of "recovery". It may be that she was spurred on to gain strength because she realised that dwelling on her pain did contribute to a series of family issues... and her brother almost became a casualty. 

@titania1000 Thanks for the welcome and for posting various items on the thread. :) I'm glad someone thinks my ramblings are worth reading. ;)

The OST teased in the article posted by @Prettysup is out!

thanks  i like it. sure i was more in love with the original version since it was my type of music but this version i liked it too

the slow version will be my favorite for sure it still my in the top music soundtrack 

and thank so much for the  photo still's :love:

9 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Kim Yeon-ji from Seeya, 'Voice 2' first OST .... Today (25th) 'Voice' reinterpreted

Singer Kim Yeon-ji will be singing the first OST of OCN weekend drama 'Voice 2'. It will be released on the 25th August, at 6 pm, through various music sites.

The 'Voice' that Kim Yeon-ji will be singing here is a re-interpretation of the original 'Voice' which was one of the OSTs of the last 'Voice' season 1.  "The remake version by Kim Yeon-ji is more mysterious and the sound of rock is thicker, so it looks like a short opera." He added, "We have improved the perfection of Kim Yeon-ji's tone, which is like playing while crossing the true and falsehoods."

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1554835

thank you, i like they use the original OST it was perfect for the drama and as music and song, i like it with the slow  version more but it different  from one to other i think many will like to hear the rock style of it too 

4 hours ago, nateko said:

@titania1000 Thanks for posting the OST.  I love love the song, it fits the mood of this season so well. The first season had very good OSTs as well. I really appreciate when dramas choose good OSTs that I can listen to even after the drama ends. 

yeh  totally with you  the OST from season 1 still in the top of my list 

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

OCN proves once again why it's the home of decent police procedurals in SK. I daresay the second series has the potential to exceed the first depending on how the rest of the drama pans out. (This is one of the reasons why I'm not terribly enthused by the Luther remake.) Apart from one or two niggly things like the fact that we have another loony cop on the loose as a serial killer (or one masquerading as one), I'm enjoying the call centre dispatches and the new dynamic between LJU and KHN. I feel they've really tightened things in that regard.

Out of curiosity, I had a look at the PD's CV and noticed that he was the PD for TEN and Missing Noir M... oh wow... no wonder the detective stuff feels a lot more detailed and grounded here. Those two dramas are among my favourite K dramas of all time. In comparison the first season went for the crazy thrills, ridiculous highwire tensions and sledgehammered the grotesque which I thoroughly enjoyed of course.

i agree i like his dramas too, i said before i miss the past PD style but that doesn't mean i don't like the new one, he made most and the best OCN drama and was the first to bring people to like that type of dramas, it just when you get two great things but they different in some way you love the new and miss the old, that why i like to voice it making me feel like this with actors, story, PD, and even the music :heart: it normal to fell this feeling it just the picture get bigger and more perfect nothing is erased the other it all perfect 

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Yes, the molestation case was rather nerve-wrecking especially when the brother got dragged into the mess. I thought it was telling that they came right out and declared the impossibility of rehabilitating pedophiles. They certainly took a hardline on that and understandably so. But what really caught my attention and I'm not sure if it's deliberate, was how the daughter's trauma so consumed the family that they neglected the much younger son and left him vulnerable to the wiles of the sexual predator. I noticed that KJ commended the father's reckless actions in assisting with the quick capture of the sex offender but there seemed to be an unspoken implication that the daughter's inability to process/move on from her trauma was in part "responsible" for what happened to the brother. Because there's an interesting scene after the event at the hospital where her memory of what happened to her is triggered by a mobile phone ring tone. She struggles emotionally and then she manages to overcome the pain of that recollection to be able to tell the owner that her phone had rung. The implication is that the shock of almost losing her brother to the same sexual predator helped her take the first steps towards some kind of "recovery". It may be that she was spurred on to gain strength because she realised that dwelling on her pain did contribute to a series of family issues... and her brother almost became a casualty. 

sorry for cutting your post 

i the molestation case was the top it break our heart and made us so connected to those victims , victim of this kind of case has to suffer for so long especially when we talk about children, family to get destroyed, family need to protect their children, gave them, happiness and watch them grow up with pure and innocent way, when father has to lose that watching his innocent kid grow in pain, suffering and fear and unable to feel safe in her own home , he would feel it his fault that he can't be a father and it the same for mother 

it hard for them to act normal and give the other kid in the family the normal love and care it like feeling guilty for giving him what they cant give to the first one and it mixed with the feeling hey can't do it right even if they want to give that 

sure what i write is just 1% of the real suffering and aftermath the family of child molestation feels and go throw it , but it kind of know that to a family who faces that most of them find it hard to live normal again or grow another child in the normal way 

so i like what you write the fear of losing her  brother to the same monster cause she wasn't caring for him enough to know is more than her fear from the monster himself that will help her to get strong , she blamed the world for letting her face that suffering when she was young and weak and she can't handle the guilt for blaming herself for letting anyone face that especially not her younger brother

it not like she now can move on easy, but it like she has reason to face her pain and get stronger, she realized she can't be weak she has someone to protect from facing what she faced 

Archived