[Drama 2018] Voice 2, 보이스2

Prettysup

Probably the last NGs that we'll get from OCN. That first scene from the second one is just :joy: I guess OCN is trying to cheer us up. 

Edit: How is it possible that we still haven't heard KJ's theme song in the drama - Yeseo - I hear you? Or did I miss it?  

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nateko said:

@darthborg Indeed I also lost interest in anything that I found interesting in the second season. I liked KW's character but I always watched for KJ. 

By the way, I rewatched the last scene and I think that when the bomb hit 00:00 a beeping sound went off from a different room and that's why KJ turned to look there. So maybe the actual bomb went off in a room beside the one KJ was in, it looked like the first smoke came from the left room while KJ went into the right one. Maybe that's how she'll survive this?  

Edit: many korean articles state that KJ wasn't a character that can be replaced easily, even domestic audience is united in the opin ion that KJ should be in season 3. 

hi everyone i had a good sleep , some rest and being busy with something also help me so much 

but i lost my trust do you know what they can do if she not death cause they don't want to get the hate of the fans but in the same time not bringing Kj BACK it easy they can say that cause her stupid mistake ( yeh so stupid for KJ character ) she was the reason on bombing another room, building and killing others and she felt guilty about that and want to stay away for sometimes 

3 hours ago, nateko said:

I have praised the writer for creating such an interesting story in season 1 and I also liked the start of second season, but now I'm just so disappointed in the writer that I don't really want to watch the third season.

a good writer give birth to a new characters as they a really human , making the reader and the watcher see deep and other sides of every one that wasn't even was written or seeing in screen, that the meaning of giving birth to a real character, i respect this writer for creating KJ, JH , MTG AND everyone from season 1 , everyone was special everyone has his world , everyone has his strong and weak point and everyone was important but look what he did in season 2  everyone was just a passing character to make KW character shine

3 hours ago, nateko said:

You can really judge if a writer is good or not by the way he handles his characters. My all time favorite writers have always cared about their characters as if they were real people that were respected and loved, had their own desires and stories. This is something that you feel when you read or watch a story.

There were stories where a writer would decide to kill a main character but even then I could accept it because they were sent off in a good way, with respect that they deserved. They were sent off in a way that made you feel that the writer was thanking his character for their existence, in a way that left a feeling of fulfilment. This is how team leader Jang was sent off, but not KJ.

i can't add more, what you say is just perfect, as an old reader and watcher, i have read and watch books and dramas, movies from all the world, especially the books i can't agree more about what you write, the respect for a character was lost in this season 

i am not talking about the ending i am talking about all te season how they treat kj CHARACTER

you make me understand why i am out of my character and not accepting the writer choices as i always do even if don't like what happens, it easy i can't forgive the unrespect he shows to his own character i don't know if that was his mistake or that there was change  in the story and stress from the PD  i didn't like him making changes on the written from the start

they just make her up and down as they wish it okay as long as it makes KW character look like it more important and more helpful,

i don't have anything against KW CHARACTER but i don't like building a character on the price  of destroying a character that we loved and respect, 

they maybe make season 3 with or without KJ , it maybe be the best drama ever, but in either way they messed up  so much all this season, i even said to myself maybe it was a good choice that JH choice to not doing season 2 , maybe  LHN has all the right to not be in season 3 after what they did to her ( i think there something is on that issues right now that why in last two weeks the talk change from they will start season 3 right after season 2 finish to we will wait till end of the year and we still in talks, i don't blame LHN if she was shown unhappiness on  what happing with her character)

dear as i said they maybe make the best season 3 even without KJ as a new drama with KW as the center but that will never be forgivable cause they could just from the start write a new drama about character like kw they didn't need to destroy something we loved to promote him, and they can also make a  season 3 with KJ and do it right and fix all this mess but is that going to heal our heart, the answer it easy it not just about her death it about what they did to our drama and our characters all this season

More NGs from OCN.

The PS caption: "waiting for loveline, romance (greedy~~)".

Yea..yea.. we were greedy, but that doesn't mean you can toy our heart like this. Just be quick finalizing the production team for season 3 and announce the cast confirmation. <_<

19 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

The PS caption: "waiting for loveline, romance (greedy~~)".

Yea..yea.. we were greedy, but that doesn't mean you can toy our heart like this. Just be quick finalizing the production team for season 3 and announce the cast confirmation. <_<

Couldn't agree more. They are to blame that people started shipping KW and KJ in the first place. I mean who's the one that included these scenes where DK would joke around about a possible romance between KW and KJ. Of course viewers picked it up and went with the idea that it's possible. It worrisome that they are taking so much time to confirm who'll be in the third season. Honestly, they have been talking about season 3 for so long so they should've negotiated the schedule of the leads long ago. It seems fishy that there's still no news about it. :rage:

@nona88 Now that I read your post I understood why the second season (especially the later part) felt off. The first season wasn't about a single character, it wasn't even about solely KJ or JH. At the heart of the first season was always the GTT and their work, the cases they've dealt with and the respect the writer and director showed to the victims and their families. They tried to show the importance of the call center and the police officers that are dispatched to the scene of the crime. The second season lost it's touch and became a one man show. Now it wasn't about the victims or the GTT, it became KW's story and it'll probably continue like this in the next season. I largely blame this on the new director. They should've held on to the director of the first season... The new one directed the story in a completely different direction. 

The best thing from this mess is that LHN is getting more followers now, her instagram stats have been rising steadily. At least she's getting the recognition she deserves. :relaxed:

19 minutes ago, nateko said:

The best thing from this mess is that LHN is getting more followers now, her instagram stats have been rising steadily. At least she's getting the recognition she deserves. :relaxed:

Yeah, I am so happy looking at the followers number. She is getting the attention she deserves now. I have been following her updates for almost 10 years since her Women of the Sun and LHN's Peppermint day. I've watched all her dramas and movies, I must say she is one versatile actress that challenged different character, who is very underrated. Sadly people judge her as weirdo for her quirks, yet she's sooooo soft spoken. Her movie Summer Vacation is supposed to come out this year in cinema, but still no news on the promotion yet. Oppss! Suddenly my comment turns to be like a fanpage here. LOL! Sorry guys..:sweatingbullets: 

PS: I want to ask something to fellow forum members, but I forgot what I want to ask while typing the above comment. LOL! I will ask when I remember. Gosh! I am getting old :rolleyes:

Great insight, noona88 & nateko. :)

Viewers are greedy? Even when the loveline they always led us on didnt happen, it would be allright as well for the viewers. But no need to strongly leading viewers that KJ is dead & leave viewers frustrated without clear confirmation of her death.

I agree. @elleyyana88 I am also now a follower of lee ha na. 

1 hour ago, nateko said:

@nona88 Now that I read your post I understood why the second season (especially the later part) felt off. The first season wasn't about a single character, it wasn't even about solely KJ or JH. At the heart of the first season was always the GTT and their work, the cases they've dealt with and the respect the writer and director showed to the victims and their families. They tried to show the importance of the call center and the police officers that are dispatched to the scene of the crime. The second season lost it's touch and became a one man show. Now it wasn't about the victims or the GTT, it became KW's story and it'll probably continue like this in the next season. I largely blame this on the new director. They should've held on to the director of the first season... The new one directed the story in a completely different direction. 

yes that the mean point here, they killed my fav show, not just my fav character to have  a Korean drama which really focuses in the victims make them shine more than the leading was the perfect thing that they ever do , there was so many police, mystery and more dramas  talk about the victims but never there was one like voice 1 ( i have to send my love for voice 1 PD he made every scene shine and so important ) ,

voice 2 just use the victim as a way to make KW shine that messing the mean idea , i blame the direction since ep 4 things get mess, his way of focusing on kw and make less space for the real victims and for other  golden time team was starting to show up ,  by ep 6 the stories start to lose the human touch and side and we all write about that before

right now just the news that KJ is back and the old director coming back maybe make me trust another season 

21 minutes ago, darthborg said:

Great insight, noona88 & nateko. :)

Viewers are greedy? Even when the loveline they always led us on didnt happen, it would be allright as well for the viewers. But no need to strongly leading viewers that KJ is dead & leave viewers frustrated without clear confirmation of her death.

I agree. @elleyyana88 I am also now a follower of lee ha na. 

yes it our fault i write about that  a very long post yesterday how  it the fans fault for not being more open-minded, having a vision and  asking for so much,  so i am out of words to answer any of these things ( i get all my anger of how they treat us out, now it time for other things)

about LEE ha na 

Spoiler

should get all the love and support she often not getting much since she different in personality from another korean show world, but i  respect her different personality she don't have to act like other to have respect for her work but i know it hard in Korean show business and Korean fans so she has to start to keep up at least the min of their way the last two years  and that worked for her now Korean watchers start to see  her and respect her talent 

her character in voice 1 was was shown how much this girl can make a totally different characters and make you believe on that what she is really it the same girl who act the foolish, cheerful and simple girl on king of high school that people thinks she was stupid for really but she come back and act the cool, dark, painful, strong and cold  Kj that itself a proof of how much  respect she should have 

2 hours ago, nateko said:

Couldn't agree more. They are to blame that people started shipping KW and KJ in the first place. I mean who's the one that included these scenes where DK would joke around about a possible romance between KW and KJ. Of course viewers picked it up and went with the idea that it's possible. It worrisome that they are taking so much time to confirm who'll be in the third season. Honestly, they have been talking about season 3 for so long so they should've negotiated the schedule of the leads long ago. It seems fishy that there's still no news about it. :rage:

1 hour ago, darthborg said:

I am not sure whether OCN made that PS caption to tease us viewers being greedy for the loveline and what's not. But, I was being cynical to it and made sarcastics comment. To me, clearly that caption looks like they picked it up from all the gif image of that particular scene which spread all over the sns, and make so-called funny caption. Duh! If I am BJS,

Spoiler

I would have cut their fingers for teasing us about that and for ruining KJ character. (Opppsss!! :vicx:).

Edit: okay, now I remember what did I want to ask you guys earlier. Does anyone know when and where will the casts and staffs go for reward vacation? Anyone has a read anything about that? I am too lazy to scour the internet. Haha!

The ratings for the last episode peaked at 8.4% which is awesome. 

Lee Ha Na commented through her agency that Voice 2 was a great work and she was thankful and happy to be able to work with such great actors, director and staff. She said that she is very thankful to all the viewers that loved Voice and Kang Kwon Joo. 

20180917000909459_1537143640_1.jpg?15371

I know that it sounds pretty depressing but this is basically a simple statement that actors in Korea seem to give at the end of the drama. As long as she's happy I'm happy too.

I'm currently searching for new articles, if anything interesting comes up, I'll update. 

Alright.  I've finally caught up with the final episode of voice 2 and I really have to agree with KW when he was with JS... he said "I hate puzzles!" And I couldn't agree more.

Now, for my reaction on the entire episode 12...

LegitimateChubbyCentipede-size_restricte

I have always been a fan and I am still a fan but right now, I'm not so sure what is the directives that the writer of the drama is aiming for.

What is Voice without KKJ?

Isn't it about the GTT and helping the little voices that no one can hear and to save lives?

Right now, it is about the awakening of Kosuke which I still have no idea why BJS is so obsessed about.

Revenge on those people that he think that had caused the separation and eventually the death of his mum.. I get It.

Collecting of body parts, errr..not really getting it but it does seems like he wants to "awaken" his "idol" :smirk:

The old man and his cryptic words..... I'm not gonna fry more brain cells trying to figure out anymore. 

And some optimism for Voice 2 since I have already watched 2 bad ending finale today and i have some hope in Voice 2 at least and it is that....

Spoiler

I believe KKJ did not die in the blast.

Didn't she look away to her "right" and the next thing we know we just see an explosion of a room but it wasn't in her face type of explosion.

So I conclude that the explosion was from the other room which she was looking at and I'm gonna stick to it for my sanity sake.

Imagination-1-.gif

Right now , im gonna go get some sleep and hope that there will be news on season 3.

Actually KKJ is neither dare devil or Spiderman with super accurate senses.

She is not able to immediately single out any voice/noise that she hears as what it is.

Same goes when she was in the call centre. She needs to repeatedly ask herself what is it. Where have I hear this from? And etc etc.

So I can understand why she cannot differentiate between a recorded voice to a real voice.

Besides,  at that moment.. She wouldn't have doubt anyone calling for help. She will just dash into it even if it's on fire.

What I really want to know is what @titania1000 has pointed out. Why did Dok Ki did that despite feeling concerned for KW? Did we get the signal wrongly?

He did explain that BJS was his only friend back then but why is it that he HAS to help despite hurting Kw?

But what shocked me the most was KW's response to KJ  that Dok Ki is just someone he pay money to for information.

I mean.. really? Didn't I see tears when you were speaking to Dok Ki?

Or was that tears of anger not betrayal?

Aargh...

Not sure if s3 will address all the issues but I guess s3 will be the chronicles of KW or the awakening of KW. :smirk:

Fellow forumers, after getting a grip of myself and picking up some inner peace (phheewwhhh),  I get back my clear head to stay positive until any confirmation news on media outlet. Since my work needs me to be clear-headed to scrutinize information and reports, I am staying positive for KKJ revival, which made me went back to the sentiment that the writer expressed in special episode about how KKJ is the soul of Voice when she wrote the script. So, I am staying positive that writer Ma Jin Won won't kill KKJ in such a stupid way after emphasizing the feminism approach she went after while creating Voice. 

I spent some time to do the still cuts of the writer statement from Voice Special episode to ascertain the writer's conviction. These are from legal site Viu.com  for the credits. I am not sure if anyone here have watched the special episode from Voice 1, but, please bear with me as this post has many still cut images. And please forgive me as these images are from Voice 1 and not Voice 2 as this thread supposed to be. 

coNyJ72.jpg

vwo9qrG.jpg

scblcIb.jpg

Spoiler

ki4OBLa.jpg

uHXvrfc.jpg

KkrbYhp.jpg

UNc83LU.jpg

iHXoAeE.jpg

rSs0M8d.jpg

LeyKMVl.jpg

I hope the writer did actually write for KKJ revival with the mind that LHN would still join for S3. My only wish now is that LHN would accept the offer for Season 3 and not thinking a seasonal drama would be bad to her career. Otherwise, the writer might hneed to revise her script a lot as season 3 was intended from the beginning and she probably has written most of S3 script by now. Now everyone is resting and enjoying the free time until new production team and the contract T&C of S3 for every main lead is finalized. I am keeping that hope - KKJ is alive and LHN still joining for the whole S3. :relieved:

I mean, she puts a lot of hard work to create KKJ. No one can ever replace her as KKJ, nor a new character. She perfectly mastered the lines delivery and exude the charisma of a leader. Here are some still cuts of her comment regarding KKJ from Voice 1 special episode:

Spoiler

wqdVCvW.jpg

oJitK68.jpg

dDQ8K6M.jpg

gR8NOEV.jpg

ljBdr65.jpg

g13VKcM.jpg

UbEwa2a.jpg

FOcDZXA.jpg

x9jq8ta.jpg

UVLMPY3.jpg

acAENaB.jpg

wJrbLEM.jpg

yN0pQkC.jpg

Yqrvnxx.jpg

qpoNFnL.jpg

5cdGEQd.jpg

My take is that, she probably will lose her ability for awhile in season 3 due to the loud bang (perhaps that was the intention of BJS and the old man, to "destroy" her ability, and awaken the buried memory of KW) and suffer some injuries but not deadly, then perhaps miraculously regain her ability (like Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, if anyone have watched that drama) through the writer's imaginative and creative way/explanation  (because in science actually there is no solid highest level of research evidence yet to prove the loss of other sensory will super-enhanced the other sensory to the like of Kwon Joo's level, but the research and debate is still ongoing, and the writer use these debates to create the fictitious enhanced psycho-acoustic skills for KKJ). 

I want to write about my theory on the continuation of the story in season 3 with KKJ is alive in mind. So, first I need to be level-headed in order to come out with possible theories regarding the unanswered questions they left us with and have constructive discussion with you guys. Hence, I need to illuminate my disappointment to final episode with some materials that could help me to deduce where does the writer stands in her plot. So, with what she has expressed while creating Voice, I don't think she will let her heroine to die in such humiliating way. *finger cross* :star:

"Respect comes from understanding the other, hate and contempt comes from misunderstanding of the other" - Voice 2 Episode 11

@ellelyana88 Thanks for such an awesome post!  :star: I haven't seen the special episode but now I definitely gonna watch it. Knowing the writer's thought about KJ made me hopeful. I also thought that if KJ will stay alive then she'll struggle with losing her ability, but hopefully regain it at the end. If that's the case then it will be an interesting conflict for her character. If LHN will get an offer to be in season 3 I think she'll agree. From her posts it seemed like she really enjoyed filming Voice and didn't want it to end. So lets stay hopeful. I do hope that the writer will focus more on KJ in the third season. 

An interesting theory

5 minutes ago, nateko said:

@ellelyana88 Thanks for such an awesome post!  :star: I haven't seen the special episode but now I definitely gonna watch it. Knowing the writer's thought about KJ made me hopeful. I also thought that if KJ will stay alive then she'll struggle with losing her ability, but hopefully regain it at the end. If that's the case then it will be an interesting conflict for her character. If LHN will get an offer to be in season 3 I think she'll agree. From her posts it seemed like she really enjoyed filming Voice and didn't want it to end. So lets stay hopeful. I do hope that the writer will focus more on KJ in the third season. 

Yea, I am clinging to that hope, until anything confirmed. If LHN only come as cameo for episode 1 and KKJ confirmed dead, I won't watch the rest of season 3 nor join the forum as my own personal protest to the writer. Hahaha :neutral:

If KW awakened something dark inside him, there will be another "hide and seek" for him, this time with KKJ, and the plot could be in the form of "catch me if you can" - hence breaking the viewers' fantasy for budding romance between them. Hmmm.. would KW surrender to his so-called nature and drown into his dark well..? Or would he stay grounded and firm to his conviction to not become like his dad...? 

I think the younger man in the car is KW's brother who was presumed dead, but actually rescued and raised by the older man - which lead to the theory that he was the one who killed Miho. As for the older man, I am contemplating, whether he is KW's father (as they only showed his side feature) or the real psycho who killed Miho or just a person who saved KW's brother and make money from crimes. :hushed:

There are so many questions the writer need to address in season 3 that's interesting to discuss. 

But, for now, I want the confirmation for LHN's joining season 3 first, as main cast, not a cameo. 

Not trying to be in denial, but the fact that KKJ turned to look at another direction and they showed the exploded room, which we learnt from past episodes that the focus-shot always means something, leave us an open window for hope. 

Btw, no news yet about their reward vacation? 

@ellelyana88 Nope, no real new news. I lost count how many times I've checked Naver for news but so far there are only recycled articles. Nothing new yet but I guess I'm getting greedy, it's only 2 days after the final episode aired. Everyone must be resting now...maybe by the end of the week we'll get something.  I want many interviews and photoshoots of the leads. 

8 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

He did explain that BJS was his only friend back then but why is it that he HAS to help despite hurting Kw?

But what shocked me the most was KW's response to KJ  that Dok Ki is just someone he pay money to for information.

I mean.. really? Didn't I see tears when you were speaking to Dok Ki?

Or was that tears of anger not betrayal?

Aargh...

Not sure if s3 will address all the issues but I guess s3 will be the chronicles of KW or the awakening of KW. :smirk:

In a past episode it was explained that KW's was afraid to get attached for fear of either being hurt or losing the people he'd start caring for (cue to his past traumas, from his dad's condemnation then death, his mom being beaten up in front of him, his partnered being chopped off in front of him...). If I remember well KJ read through him while explaining his behavior, and said something along the lines that it's a defence mechanism... That's how I understood his response about Dok Ki, as he's lying, trying to distance himself, to hide his pain, and pretend once again that he's fine and got it all together when in reality he's the exact opposite. Yeah, he's a man full of contradictions...

@titania1000 I'm so saddened by the news you shared. :( KJ was always my favorite character, and I love the actress who portrays her. The show doesn't make sense to me if she's not there. Jang Hyuk was already irreplaceable. If she leaves, too, especially on such note, nothing adds up to me. It doesn't make sense.

4 hours ago, nateko said:

OCN posted on instagram that as soon as they have new/confirmed info about season 3, they'll post it there

Are they playing with us , they said before that the teams and actors  agree to shooting season 3 directly after season 2, after that change to the end of the year, after that no official  agreement to wait for confirming!!!

If I didn't watch enough  I may  would believe In them but now I know what happened something change half way in the drama from the production side or actors  side , that disagree on something and that change the plan that they may stay together in season 3 

My hanch  say that LHN wasn't happy about changing that happening in the drama while shooting,  or the offer to her change from what they promised( even the actors were shocked from the written ending that mean changing was happening)

Right now they have problem  they thought they maybe can change the story and keep season 3 without her but the fans so angry so or that they really trying to fix it and bring her back  ( all her nice comments is like silent  massage  that their problem  and she not in season  3) or the other choice they let the fans clam down for some times and like always making fun of us telling that she not going to happen cause lhn good reason and that they agree on that from the start and made us accept it.( no so much actors  go and say we have problem with the shooting that affect their future connecting  with channels and production  teams, Korea show businesses is scary when it comes to image and going against the production)

@ellelyana88 thanks for your wonderful  post the writer did really did great  work making a great  balance between the characters and making female lead so special  in season 1, we all fall in love with voice 1 cause it was different, she made her dream come true there , but what happened in season 2 was totally destroying to kj and other characters signfgent rules  even the victims.

I wrote all the way that I don't know if that was the writer fault or the pd  fault, I was shocking that Someone who give so much respect to every character  in season 1 will make season 2 all around kW but after reading your post I am sure now it the pd fault, it known  in show business in all around the world that no matter what the written focusing on It the direction way of shooting, focusing and cutting  may change the whole meaning of idea, and what in paper  maybe have another story in the screen 

So i guess that the reason that from  everyone had planing to shoot season  2 after season  3 to the talk that there no agreement and  changing, half away the drama the actors and maybe even the writer  saw that what going on the screen and on shooting isn't what they agree on with the written paper 

I hope oCn and the proudaction  team get that it mistake to keep going on like this, the rating of season 2 was hight but they did destroy  the mean idea, they have to choice between the high rating for now or keeping a great drama going on , in Korea hight rating is the most important things but I am counting  in two things, first, they know that the hight rating was not cause kW alone it was most about  fans like kW and kj together, about their hope someone romantic or some great  fighting between them like on episode 1 will happen, kj is the soul here .second , I count on ocn  as channel  who really like rating but also like keeping making original Dramas that have the mystery, dark and that kind of style that maybe isn't the most popular in Korean but they did create Korean fans that love their Dramas over the years, and so much bigger  international fans.

I said it before they maybe make season 3 without  kj and it will so different and great and maybe have hight rating and loved by fans, but for me I can't forgive  them for destroying the drama and the special characters we had loved to create that new Drama, they just should made another new drama with kw from the start if that was their plan , I hope things don't go wrong more , I had a  two past traumas from ocn and muilty seasons drama another one and may never watch another  second season in any drama they give  ( by the way my two traumas happening from the same reason, in second season they change the pd and everything change that why I know how much Pd  can change the original writing) 

Archived