[Drama 2018] Voice 2, 보이스2

Prettysup

I am back after getting some sleep (I tossed and turned a lot before I managed to really sleep, blame on the final episode, hah!), and calm down a bit (although the disappointment is still there and still deeply hurt to the way they ended KJ character :tears:). 

5 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Apparently, it's been confirmed that LHN said goodbye to the cast and crew during the wrap up party.:cry: 

Really?! Do you have the official source? Ah, I am shattered right now. :(

6 hours ago, nateko said:

@titania1000 I agree, unless she comes back it will forever remain a horrible mistake. I finally understand why I'm so upset and frustrated. This situation reminds me of the painful ending of Vampire prosecutor season 2 - the biggest screw-up OCN has made to this day. They ended the last episode with a promise of a third season that never came. The last episode also involved an explosion in the last few seconds and the female lead character's death has never been confirmed to this day. I'm still traumatised by that and yet now they repeat history with a different drama but at least this time they confirmed the third season. Doesn't help me though, as I'm still reminded of that fail. Honestly, OCN knows how to make awesome dramas but it also knows how to mess things up to a point of no return, so I'm still shaken. I do have a bit of hope that KJ might be alive based on the fact that the bomb didn't go off right after it hit 00:00 and KJ looked to her right for whatever reason. It's a strange reaction in her situation, so maybe another bomb went off in close proximity but the one that she found was just a dummy. I'll hold onto this hope until the next season comes... 

When I read your post, I thought there's a ray of hope left for us. Last night I was too occupied with my own emotional rage on the ending of KJ character. Now that I calm down a bit, I come to remember that part where she suddenly turn her head on the right direction. Is someone there taking her away (kidnap)??  Did the bomb  that went off  was just a dummy to distract everyone's attention from the fact that KJ was actually kidnapped? But, if LHN really said goodbye to her character as @titania1000  said, then, I close my book. I am  shattered and mad to the writer who can't think of any way better than that to end KJ character! A bomb???!! Are you kidding me??!! 

1 hour ago, msaamia said:

Wait what's the name now?? Oh god, she really can't leave cmon! :cold_sweat:

Honestly I think she's still alive, like how can they have a Voice 3 without her? Like because of her hearing the story worked. 

If this season was a 16 episodes long, I don't think they would kill her off like 4 episodes before. Its more like a flimsy twist and maybe the thing went off so  the dad can start his part in the whole game of Bang Je Soo because the dad did say that someone is interested in Kwon Joo's ears. 

If they don't have Lee Na Ha next season, the show won't work cause no one is gonna watch just watch for Lee Jin Wook, we all are fans of her and him too but really she carries the show. Really sad and disappointed this time from writer and OCN.

Not really change, they just put a colon after Voice just like season 2. The name for season 3 will be VOICE 3: CITY OF ACCOMPLICES. 

Anyway, seems like last night's episode broke Tunnel's rating record. But, I don't feel happy nor excited for that. For me, that rating implied just how many people's heart and trust were broken by OCN last night. I might be overreacting, but I am done rationalizing their deed to the plot (and KJ especially!). :neutral:  I still appalled at how the writer write KJ not know the girl's voice is not a real voice (don't they - the writer and PD- dare to give excuse such as echo at the basement caused KJ being confused, I won't accept that!). 

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, darthborg said:

Hi everyone. My last post on soompi was 4,5 years ago and I literally had to sign in again after so long time just to express my frustration on how voice 2 ends.

Voice 1 was incredible. One of the best kdramas i have  ever watched. My husband liked it too. We waited with huge excitement 1 year to watch voice 2. We even wondered why voice is not on netflix. It is so good. Anyway, voice 2 is good as well, though not as mind blowing as voice 1. The actors are really good & the plot is allright. It is quiet grimm though to see this vast network of bodypart collectors. The chemistry between do kang woo and kang kwon joo is beautiful. However, upon reading the spoilers of kwon joo s death, my husband didnt even want to see ep 12. We feel, without kwon joo s character it is not worth watching voice 3. Is is ocn messing up or does lee ha na want to stop? If so, why couldnt they made a better ending for her. Anyway, voice without lee ha na is not worth watching. 

But the good thing is, through this drama, we become very amazed by lee ha na, an unknown actress to us b4. Her acting, her potraying kwon joo and her breath-taking beauty. We definitely will follow her onwards.

I just watched the subs. It seems that kwon joo really died. It does make sense now, how the focus was gradually shifted to kang woo over the episodes. Especially ep 12. Kang woo dominated the screen as main character. The concept of the story is really good. Also the twist of the main character kang woo. His evil past (as hinted) & the good person he has become. The balance between ying yang within every person. But does kwon joo really need to die for kosuke to remember? Awaken someone by taking a person very important to him. (Seems like kang woo really has feelings for her besides his admiration of her trusting him). Even if it was  lee ha na who wanted to pull out (it is quiet hard to participate in this grimm-natured drama as main character), one can understand, but killing her character like this? Upsetting. Couldnt they just sent her off overseas or find an original idea, but letting her live. It would be good as well to keep a potential comeback if suited in the future. Quiet risky move from ocn. They are quiet sure that kang woo s open story could attract loyal voice viewers to watch voice 3. It quiet tempting for me personally, but I just cant get over kwon joo s death and for me it is quiet a game changer. I might peek a little into the ending of voice 3 in the future, but rooting for it or getting excited and watch every episode? No, lee ha na's outstanding charm playing kwon joo & the heart break of kwon joo s senseless death is too huge.

9 minutes ago, yiilin said:

Did she really leave the show for good? I mean it's "VOICE" but without her, it will not be 100% ;( im praying it's jus false rumor 

Not sure. No official statement yet. Just speculation here and there because of previous OCN's statement that the casting has yet to be confirmed and the ambigous statement from LHN agency, Saram Entertainment that kinda implying they haven't receive the offer to continue Season 3 for LHN (I just thought that was maybe because they are still in the midst of filming season 2, the production and contract for season 3 have yet to be finalized). BUT, If LHN really saying goodbye to everyone and her character in the wrap up party, then we have to accept no KKJ in season 3. They killed her!

Whatever it will be, I will just wait for official statement. 

11 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

Not sure. No official statement yet. Just speculation here and there because of previous OCN's statement that the casting has yet to be confirmed and the ambigous statement from LHN agency, Saram Entertainment that kinda implying they haven't receive the offer to continue Season 3 for LHN (I just thought that was maybe because they are still in the midst of filming season 2, the production and contract for season 3 have yet to be finalized). BUT, If LHN really saying goodbye to everyone and her character in the wrap up party, then we have to accept no KKJ in season 3. They killed her!

Whatever it will be, I will just wait for official statement. 

Thank you. I jus hope she will come back to season 3 too. Its gonna be different w/o her in VOICE. Literally, the drama name is VOICE. But anyway, like you said, imma wait for official statement and hope for the best <3

2 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

Honestly why couldn't they just finish up the story in this season? We don't need a season 3 - its so pointless without Kwon Joo. If the PD thought people would like another season completely without Lee Na Ha, his head is not in the right place lol

I have not yet watched the finale yet but reading your posts I think I would not need to watch anymore.

I woke up in the midnight and jumped here to read the comments about the final and you guys said they killed KJ, i shut off my phone and thought this were just a nightmare and tomorrow I would have a better ending

but now it is the truth. seriously? Voice without KJ? OCN doesnt know what they are doing indeed.

okay I am not watching season 3 , they can do what they do but it is a big disappointment which will harm my good feeling toward OCN dramas for sure. changing the main from KJ to KW? I am speechless.

For LHN, if she decided not joining the series any more then it may be good choice. Like she dropped out the family dramas Our GabSoon with Song Jae Rim to pick this Voice, I trust in her decision, she should have another better offer to take and it will be great character like KJ or Jung Soo Young in High School King.

Thats the only point which can console me right now :(

EP 12 Ratings: 7.086%

(Highest rating from this season)

I literally just finished watching the finale. I am so stunned. I couldn't even cry because I was too shocked..... I haven't seen Lee Ha Na in any works before, but totally fell for her character in this show. They can't have Voice without her. Argh. I'm so annoyed. Can't imagine the writer having a brand new character with special healing abilities. D:<

I nearly thought Kang Woo was going to die during his fight against Je Soo. He took a lot of scary hits. So I was all tense about him and was not prepared for Kwon Joo's demise. ;__; I felt like they incorporated less of her hearing skills this season too.

They haven't caught the other admins of the the Dr. Fabre group yet. I thought one of them was going to kidnap Kwon Joo at first.

There were a few lines during the drama where different characters spoke to Kwon Joo, hoping she stays safe and doesn't get harmed, etc. Even in the last episode, Eun Soo spoke about her safety. I didn't take these scenes seriously. Looking back at this drama, Kang Woo was the one who had the most screentime. Maybe too much. I thought Kwon Joo would be someone who helps him overcome his troubled past and then, they fight more criminals together. I was fine with his story and his arc, but not at the sacrifice of Kwon Joo. I don't want him to replace her as the main character. :[

On 8/13/2018 at 1:08 AM, nateko said:

So... in the second episode, two people made Kwon Joo promise to not get hurt while catching the killer, which makes me think that she will eventually get hurt. Don't know if they'll be brave enough to kill her off but whenever a character's safety gets discussed in a thriller drama that character always ends up getting hurt, that why I'm worried for her now.  

And it turns out to be true :tears:

Last BTS that OCN posted on instagram. Lee Ha Na doesn't seem all too happy about the development. I read yesterday that people said that even the actors didn't know how this season would end until the very last moment. Kinda telling...

Pictures from the wrap up party. 

Spoiler

.hellow guys..

been a silent lurker here since the start of the season enjoying discussion of everyone,and after this season finale--I'm just like...what just happened???never expected what just happened at the last episode of this season,so many question that keep us wondering,and the biggest question is..Is kang center still alive???Will she be in season 3???(writernim what a cliffhanger to end this season,you surely want us to guess until the next season..).I'm still positive (hoping I guess ) that we will see kang center in season 3. Have any of you wonder what  kang center heard or did she really hear something before the explosion that can save her???

I'm still down until now,,been so attached to kang center,Been fan of Lee hana since season 1,(she really have  sweet,soathing and calming voice). Her portrayal of kang center specialy in season 1,is one of the best female heroine in kdrama I think., Still hoping that she will be in season 3,She is the heart and soul of Voice,and I can never imagine Voice without her,

Sorry for the long post guys...

Now what I'm going to write might sound a bit harsh but bear with me. I feel so disappointed that it ruined my monday...

I think that it's easy to gain the viewers' trust when it comes to good dramas, but it's even more simple to destroy it. For me personally the writer or director (or whoever is responsible for this mess) has broken my trust in his work. I have praised the writer for creating such an interesting story in season 1 and I also liked the start of second season, but now I'm just so disappointed in the writer that I don't really want to watch the third season.

You can really judge if a writer is good or not by the way he handles his characters. My all time favorite writers have always cared about their characters as if they were real people that were respected and loved, had their own desires and stories. This is something that you feel when you read or watch a story.

There were stories where a writer would decide to kill a main character but even then I could accept it because they were sent off in a good way, with respect that they deserved. They were sent off in a way that made you feel that the writer was thanking his character for their existence, in a way that left a feeling of fulfilment. This is how team leader Jang was sent off, but not KJ.

I feel betrayed because of the way the writer handled her possible death. She has always been the heart and soul of the story, a true leader and center of the GTT and yet the writer messed her up so much. From the moment she decided to go with the team everything went wrong and so stupid. The had to dumb down her character for... convenience basically. Never have I seen a writer treat his main character with such disrespect. If she was sent of in a way that I described earlier I would be able to accept that but as of now I feel hurt and betrayed on KJ's behalf. She was, is and will always be one of my most favorite female characters.  

31_(1).jpg?type=w1200

@Nateko, I agree with every aspect you wrote. It is such a senseless death of the amazing female main character. It really was for convenience.. to trigger back kang woo s childhood memory & maybe to serve as a motivation & character development for kang woo next season since kwon joo was so special to him & meant a lot to him. Her death was not even potrayed as heroic nor selfless as her distinguished and sharp ears fell for a cheap trap worth the voice recorder. And it has been always hinted how those maniacs were interested in adding her special ears to their collection and that miho s ear was also special and went into collection. Was this hinted on purpose so this could be kind of a comfort to viewers that she didnt die with her ears were mutilated, but her body was blown to bits by a bomb instead? Seriously? Were there no alternative and another creative idea from the writers & PD? How could they? Even my husvand was heartbroken.She was the best female character. People like me & my husband flocked to watch voice 2 because of kwon joo. The whole unique concept of voice and gtt is based on her ability and strong & amazing character. The fact that Jin hyuk didnt come back for season 2 didnt stop us from watching and enjoying season 2. Now that kwon joo is gone, voice 3 is not something we would like to watch. I kind of think that in voice 3 park eun soo will step up in kwon joo's position & kang woo will struggle between the darkness in his past that follows him, the good person he has become now & his guilt that  kwon joo was targeted because she was very important to him & she was his soft spot. He will try to prevent his hatred to take control over him. Kind of star wars style, negative feelings such as hatred,  frustration, the heartbreak to lose someone so dear in an unfair way, could take control and drag one into the... dark side. talking about frustration, my frustration over kwon joo s senseless death will drag me to the dark side eventually.. meaning not wanting to continue watching voice 3 & not feeling interested to know about the mistery behind kang woo.

Edit:

Even the loveline most of us fell & rooted for, hoping for a poweful couple to catch brutal criminals and save lives.. the beautiful and emotional scenes, chemistry & mutual respect between kang woo and kwon joo were meant to place her as a very important & dear person to kang woo, so thatbher death would "awaken" him and his memory. *sigh*

@darthborg Indeed I also lost interest in anything that I found interesting in the second season. I liked KW's character but I always watched for KJ. 

By the way, I rewatched the last scene and I think that when the bomb hit 00:00 a beeping sound went off from a different room and that's why KJ turned to look there. So maybe the actual bomb went off in a room beside the one KJ was in, it looked like the first smoke came from the left room while KJ went into the right one. Maybe that's how she'll survive this?  

Edit: many korean articles state that KJ wasn't a character that can be replaced easily, even domestic audience is united in the opinion that KJ should be in season 3. 

@nateko true. Kang woo is a likeable & strong main character, but people seems to flock to watch voice because of kwon joo. 

Hopefully the writers have a plausible explanation as how kwon joo would survive. Still clinging to a very thin line of hope.. But her last wise speech and her last sentence, that she heard closely to people calling out her name (because they were worried about her) &  bang je soo s comment about awakening kosuke by killing someone important to him followed by a satisfactory grin (that at the end he felt he won by taking kwon jol from kang woo & making him remember as part the oragnization leader plan)... it hinted too strong towards kwon joo's death. Hiks

8 minutes ago, nateko said:

@darthborg Indeed I also lost interest in anything that I found interesting in the second season. I liked KW's character but I always watched for KJ. 

By the way, I rewatched the last scene and I think that when the bomb hit 00:00 a beeping sound went off from a different room and that's why KJ turned to look there. So maybe the actual bomb went off in a room beside the one KJ was in, it looked like the first smoke came from the left room while KJ went into the right one. Maybe that's how she'll survive this?  

Edit: many korean articles state that KJ wasn't a character that can be replaced easily, even domestic audience is united in the opinion that KJ should be in season 3. 

Oh yes! I was about to write about that! I was watching last episode of Season 1. Then I realized KJ narrates the same sentence as in episode 12 last night. Then, I rewatch S2 episode 12 at the scene where she went down to the basement to find the girl. Apparently it looks like (to me) the bomb went off from different room, that's why she turned to look on her right. The one in front of her looks like dummy because even it hit 00.00 it did not blow up right away when it should (it should be, but the scene showed just the led blinking). But then, they showed KJ turned to her right (why would they if that doesn't indicate something as we learned from many scenes hinting for something before). Finger cross she's still alive! If LHN confirmed her participation in next season, I might jump to the roof. LOL~!

For now, I want to believe KJ is alive and LHN will reprise her role in next season. I will cling to that hope until they confirmed anything official on news outlet. *trying to stay positive* :sweat_smile:

You girls are amazing for staying positive.:wub: I think the dark side already dragged me into negativity hahaha :D but I cling to that thin hope as well. Would love it if lee hana will be back for season 3. 

Edit: i mean ba je soo killed people he finds guilty for doing sth (in his sick judgement) or for his twisted revenge. Kwon joo is so flawless & always wants to help people out of her pure heart.  Hopefully he spares her life.  :bawling: btw, thanks a lot for sharing the insight on what korean audience and media are saying.

[Voice 2] FINALE Ep 12 Kwon Yul arrested, will Lee Ha Na survive the explosion?
ratings: 7.1% 

voice12.png

Article: Naver 'Voice 2' Lee Jin Wook captures Kwon Yul successfully, but might lose Lee Ha Na 

1. [+1611,-34]
Please save Centre Kang. If you're not going to save her, I won't watch season 3. Save her. 

2. [+1319,-39]
Ha... But a huge bomb exploded in front of her. Wouldn't it be strange if she didn't die? Voice revolves around Centre Kang... Season 2 was just frustrating. 

3. [+1297,-17]
I think the last part was too much.. Kang Kwon Joo unable to differentiate between recordings and actual voices feels forced. I can't hear what Kwon Yul said at the end because his mouth is full of blood. What's this? What are you going to do with this ending?

4. [+774,-19]
If Kang Kwon Joo dies, it isn't Voice anymore. It would just be an ordinary detective drama. If you're going to kill Kang Kwon Joo, change the title. 

5. [+660,-36]
Wow. Kwon Yul's acting gave me goosebumps. 

6. [+389,-12]
I've watched both season 1 and 2. But why do people keep asking for Jang Hyuk? Lee Jin Wook was good enough. 

7. [+261,-2]
The last episode has aired.. but the overall story of the drama isn't completed... 1. Who killed Miho? 2. Did Do Kang Woo's father really commit murder and receive the death penalty? 3. Who is the young man beside the questionable old man? 4. Is Bang Je Soo directly related to Miho's case...? Seriously, nothing was revealed.. 

8. [+171,-3]
Kang Kwon Joo was able to do so much because of her ears. But she can't differentiate between a recording and an actual voice..

9. [+170,-6]
People are saying Voice 2 was done in a hurry. But they already had season 3 in mind, hence the story was made for season 3. Just treat it as a prologue. And Lee Ha Na is confirmed for season 3. We'll just have to watch season 3 to find out how things are going to turn out. 

Spoiler

voice12.png

Article: Naver 'Voice 2' Kwon Yul provokes Lee Jin Wook and escapes 

1. [+1104,-5]
Lee Jin Wook tearing up when he spoke to Dokki over the phone... 

2. [+830,-10]
Ahh, are you kidding me... Kang Kwon Joo can't even tell that it's a recording? Isn't it too forced... And what's with Detective Na? He was poisoned and was wrapped up in a plastic bag, it looked like he can't even breathe properly inside it. But he's alive? Isn't that a little too forced... 

3. [+612,-23]
Lee Jin Wook is crazy sexy. 

4. [+249,-5]
Do Kang Woo is pitiful... 

5. [+162,-2]
I have no idea what Kwon Yul said... He was murmuring with blood in his mouth. 

6. [+130,-1]
No, but Leader Kang.. She doesn't know that it was a recording when the recording was on repeat? Does that make sense? The ending feels too forced. 

7. [+127,-6]
Kwon Yul's acting gave me goosebumps... his acting is really good.. 

8. [+115,-0]
She finds criminals using sounds. Isn't it too much if she can't differentiate between a recording and a real person's voice... Scriptwriter.....

=========

p/s: i just finished watching the finale, seems like there are many things not resolved here, especially about KW & KJ.

so see you all in voice s3 thread soon! :blush:

cr

Archived