[Drama 2018] Voice 2, 보이스2

Prettysup

1 hour ago, meon said:

And one thing else - we see that Chief Na was poisoned with some spider. If smth like this used time to time towards KW, who knows how such 'mix' with meds affects to his behavior and consciousness?

What is actually the cause of his hallucinations?  

Really a bipolar disorder?

When he lost consciousness at home and lying on the floor beside him was a bottle of water, and we saw the bottle of water which was offered to Chief Na...  And we saw from the hidden camera that unknown man came to home when KW was absent.

That was the villain who left bottles of poisoned water because of which KW had hallucinations and seizures? KW had hallucinations exactly after drinking water.

Maybe THIS is the real cause of his problems?

Good point :thumbsup:nice catch :thumbsup: I would like the writer if think as detailed as you do and use that.

Okay it maybe be hard to do that at kW home since he put cctv he would see the killer doing that , But he could have doing that before , we may have no idea how much poisoning is already in kW body , the killer is obsessed with him that maybe try , by water or by the bill he take or by anything also. he maybe really was dragging him for so long 

Kw has RAS that fact it was from his past  trauma and was worsed  with him working as police  officer even before the killer show three years ago , but the  hallucination maybe from another reason as you said , the killer using drag for everything he maybe really made him like that, he always  talk about be sure that kW will come back to them , I think in addition to the stress he putting him on by framing and everything also he maybe put a more push  by making him have some drag to make him having hallucination and more aggressive. 

I read about it in the past some poison from danger spider or some  plants make people lose their mind, attack other and even harm themself it cause the posing make them face their worst and darkest fear, hallucination and trun  on their volient side

If that true I am happy that kW going to  the hospital next episode I know he going to leave fast to catch the criminal  but I hope they would have time to make test in him while  he still sleeping 

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I still get my hope high: the filming has been delayed to the end of  this year which opens a larger window for Jang Hyuk to join the cast, if he decided to.:w00t:

I don't think Jang Hyuk will come back in Season 3 as main cast, because he would probably just finished Bad Papa by end of the year, so he won't jump into the ship right away. Perhaps, he might just come as a cameo for the closure of his relationship with KJ and clean exit. Am not trying to crush everyone's hope, but Jang Hyuk firmly declined to reprise his role as MJH because he has done his best for the character's development, so, I just don't think he will join on board in season 3 as main cast. But, still, I do hope he will come as cameo for a closure (and for his character's fans). 

9 hours ago, titania1000 said:

However, it will be hard to endure LJW again as a lead unless his character  goes through a massive change of personality. This season  has  progressively lead me to dislike him more and more, and ep 10 basically broke the camel back. I can't anymore with his self centredeness, his lack of empathy and his incapacity to show doubt.  

That's why the  only compromise would be for me to have him  back as a simple villain (which i still have hope for because ep 10 left a lot of questions unanswered) and to bring back Jang Hyuk as a the real lead.

For me, LJW has been brilliantly portrayed the role of a detective/policeman with issues. It was not the actor, it was just how his character is written. Since the director himself told the press that they planned season 2 with season 3 in mind because 16 episodes won't be enough to show the whole storyline for this second installment. Hence, they might have dedicated season 2 to introduce DKW character and his backstory of why and how he became a person as he is now , aside from the major plot of how it all connected to the villain's obsession with him, and then arrange the latter half of the story direction and character development in season 3. Thus, the focus of character development was relatively shifted to DKW in this season. It is the same as a 24-episode drama development, the different is they split it in two seasons (probably due to several aspects such as business strategy, investments, production change etc). Besides, the writer probably also want to satisfy the series' fans hunger for more explanation as there were a lot of plot holes raised by the viewers in last season. My thought is, that was the reason the director said the story could not be fitted into 16 episodes.

Although this season might look like KJ's ability and leadership being underused (I too think that way), but for me, the writer has been showing another "journey" of KJ this season - her quest to trust her new partner. In season 1, along with her character's development as someone with absolute hearing ability and great leadership, her friendship and camaraderie with MJH in the storyline was driven by the fact that they shared the same pain - the lost of their loved one by the same person, thus in their journey together to get him, KJ has naturally trust MJH as her partner. This season, KJ has been dealing with the matter of trust of DKW since their first meeting. She, herself has also raised the question whether she can trust DKW or not in her email to MJH (although she deleted the lines before she sent the email). In reply, MJH told KJ that he trusts she and her partner will solve TL Jang's death. That's when KJ try to look at KW differently from other people in a new light and try to put her trust, as she believes "people may come and go, but people will fill in between". But, as the villain has been putting them against each other with doubts and suspicions, with so-called facts and evidence fed to her left and right, KW missing his chance to tell her, and Chief Na spouting his derogatory remarks about KW, it is interesting to see that her trust started to falter but at the same time she still cling to even a thread of her trust to KW according to what her ears have "heard", and not totally dismiss him. KJ's eye-avoiding scene showing faltering trust was brilliantly portrayed by LHN that made me replayed the scene tenths of times (RIP replay button :joy:). The climax of her quest was shown in episode 10, which eventually resolved in both KJ and KW form mutual and firm trust, as well as acknowledge each other as partner (and for KW's too as he also has been learning to trust people through KJ. Him mentioning about remembering their first meeting and hurtful eyes indicates how much his view of KJ pointing gun to him has changed from a mere stranger to a partner whom he endears as the person who trusted him and he gave trust to.).

I must say, their journey from hereon would offer a fun ride for us viewers as superb combo. That's why I am anticipating the season 2 finale 2-episodes so much!:star:

However, even if LJW not joining Season 3 for whatever reason it would be, I desperately hope that LHN would join and the writer won't kill her off (loss of her absolute hearing or died). I mean, KJ is like the definition of this drama. Unless it is because of LHN's own decision not to join season 3, otherwise I might join any protest to OCN if the writer write off her character. LOL! :joy:

As LDW said, rather than comparing, he thinks this as different drama, having its own story makes him try hard to portray the role and give us a new team leader, And I absolutely love it. He’s doing a great job by making some of viewers frustrated, angry, sad, confused and fall for him more...

LHN, I wish she will be in season 3, this is HER DRAMA, her story, they will not call it Voice if the person who has a great hearing ability will not there. They need someone who can hear the voices.. and the other one who had those ability that viewers know was dead already-the Japanese girl....

I do think, season 3 have the same casts. They just dont want to give all the details for now..

7 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Did i miss something?

I thought KW's dad was gunned down by sniper back in Japan?

So many questions... and Saturday is so far away!

Yeap, he was gunned down. I think the "daddy" that's coming to Korea from Japan (man holding walking stick in car) is Miho's dad. The first email Bang Je Suk received said that they are waiting for the package in Japan. Maybe Miho's parents want DKW's ears as they believed for 27 years DKW helped his father murdered Miho. Just my opinion. :smiley:

3 hours ago, meon said:
5 hours ago, nateko said:

I don't know what it is, but today so many new BTS pictures are posted on instagram.

They have a day off? :D 

It their day off for really , it look they out of the stress  now that mean they almost  finish shooting ep 11-12 by now 

Happy to see them having fun, more realx and playing around they had a very hard time shooting in this hot temperature and in stressful live shooting 

Have fun team voice 2, have a long rest all of you and back with a stronger season 3 

7 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

Yeap, he was gunned down. I think the "daddy" that's coming to Korea from Japan (man holding walking stick in car) is Miho's dad. The first email Bang Je Suk received said that they are waiting for the package in Japan. Maybe Miho's parents want DKW's ears as they believed for 27 years DKW helped his father murdered Miho. Just my opinion. :smiley:

This made me choke on my water :joy: Hahaha 

18 minutes ago, msaamia said:
7 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

This made me choke on my water :joy: Hahaha 

:astonished: miho father seak revenge!!! KW father!!masked man father !! A new character who the leader of the crazy killers group  ( surprise for season 3:joy:) I ready to be shocked  by  any fact from  KW father being innocent going through the fact he still a live and a more crazier to the end by the fact a new more crazy character 

and I am ready to all what come  between too :joy: I think I am ready no more shocking.

@titania1000thanks for sharing this beautiful  gif's about  the scene when she cried it was after KW  go upside and she looked  at what he throw  behind  that when the tears from her  eyes  when she asked him If she wasn't lieying  were free to go out ( that the scene after he run and she looked  down at what he left) 

It's not difficult for me to see why JH didn't return for another season because as he himself has said, he'd done all he could with the character and given his track record, he's the type of actor that doesn't stay put for long and jumps into the next project as soon as he finishes the last one! The man is a workhorse. But it was awesome of this show to acknowledge the contribution of his character to the Voice franchise. 

I agree with a lot of what @ellelyana88 said in her post especially with regard to LJU. I like LJU lots... and for some reason I always seem to enjoy the dramas that he's in including Three Musketeers and the one that not many people liked... The Time We Were Not in Love. He usually has great chemistry with all his co-stars and brings a nice energy to his roles.

But I don't think his character here was poorly written at all. In fact I find Do Kang Woo a much more complex character all round than the JH one. I also don't agree that the character is entirely self-centered or self-absorbed. He is obsessed... certainly fixated with the killer... that is true. But in his defence, why shouldn't he be? If you know that there's a serial killer out there and nobody believes that he even exists but everyone thinks that you're the killer and is doing nothing to find him, wouldn't you be more than a little upset? Of course he wants to prove his innocence and to prove... if for no other reason... that he isn't going absolutely insane. I don't disagree that he shouldn't have kept his RAS from KJ but as I've explained previously, he doesn't know her that well and he needs her to get to the bottom of things.

And I also disagree that he has no doubts about himself. Of course he does... he has nightmares in which he sees himself perpetrating crimes. Although he's a crusader, he knows that he is the son of an accused psychopathic killer. He's been battling all of that his entire adult life trying to prove to himself that he isn't the spitting image of his dad. So he has no pretensions to being a good man. Sure he plays the badass in front of his colleagues... but that's a defensive mechanism to keep people at bay. But when he's with victims, he's caring and oddly empathetic even for a man who seems outwardly belligerent. When he kicks the sex offender down the stairs, he does it so that his colleagues aren't the ones to get into trouble. And he's always saying... "I will take responsibility for it"

Some here have expressed disappointment about KJ's apparently reduced role here. Well, again... I don't agree. I really don't understand the criticisms. She's supposed to be the call centre director... she's supposed to working from the centre delegating duties. When she's not working there, she's out wth KW investigating the insect-obsessed serial killer or following her own leads. She's still using her hearing ability to solve cases and expedite rescues. Outside of the centre she cares for her colleagues as a good team leader does. What's also happened to a large extent is that they've expanded the role of Agent Park and the cyber expert amidst criticisms last time that they barely featured in the first series. Obviously they've taken that on board. But as far as I can see, she's still juggling her official duties,  superiors, subordinates and serial killers. She's still the emotional and moral compass of the show.

KJ also has a new partner to contend with. To some she may have made a pact with the devil but she took a gamble on KW in a way nobody would. He was responding to it... grudgingly perhaps... but her kindness had an effect on him. It's as if Mum took in a foster kid... a bit of a delinquent, rough around the edges... but he gradually opened up to her. She gave him... I would say... what was essentially his last chance. Without her, KW would still be very much on his own.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's not difficult for me to see why JH didn't return for another season because as he himself has said, he'd done all he could with the character and given his track record, he's the type of actor that doesn't stay put for long and jumps into the next project as soon as he finishes the last one! The man is a workhorse. But it was awesome of this show to acknowledge the contribution of his character to the Voice franchise. 

Yeap, looking at all his past work, he won't come back. But it would be great too if he come as a cameo to satisfy MJH character's fans. But of course, that would up to him to decide. Fans can only hope. :mrgreen:

I agree with a lot of what @ellelyana88 said in her post especially with regard to LJU. I like LJU lots... and for some reason I always seem to enjoy the dramas that he's in including Three Musketeers and the one that not many people liked... The Time We Were Not in Love. He usually has great chemistry with all his co-stars and brings a nice energy to his roles.

But I don't think his character here was poorly written at all. In fact I find Do Kang Woo a much more complex character all round than the JH one. I also don't agree that the character is entirely self-centered or self-absorbed. He is obsessed... certainly fixated with the killer... that is true. But in his defence, why shouldn't he be? If you know that there's a serial killer out there and nobody believes that he even exists but everyone thinks that you're the killer and is doing nothing to find him, wouldn't you be more than a little upset? Of course he wants to prove his innocence and to prove... if for no other reason... that he isn't going absolutely insane. I don't disagree that he shouldn't have kept his RAS from KJ but as I've explained previously, he doesn't know her that well and he needs her to get to the bottom of things.

And I also disagree that he has no doubts about himself. Of course he does... he has nightmares in which he sees himself perpetrating crimes. Although he's a crusader, he knows that he is the son of an accused psychopathic killer. He's been battling all of that his entire adult life trying to prove to himself that he isn't the spitting image of his dad. So he has no pretensions to being a good man. Sure he plays the badass in front of his colleagues... but that's a defensive mechanism to keep people at bay. But when he's with victims, he's caring and oddly empathetic even for a man who seems outwardly belligerent. When he kicks the sex offender down the stairs, he does it so that his colleagues don't have to. And he's always saying... "I will take responsibility for it"

Oh, what I meant by how his character is written is to justify why LJW has to act a certain way that might not to the liking of some people here. I did not mean to criticize his character was poorly written, instead I admire the writer's depth of developing his complex character, his inner struggle with himself, and his distrust of people. I can see his character development throughout the 10 episodes. :smile:

Some here have expressed disappointment about KJ's apparently reduced role here. Well, again... I don't agree. I really don't understand the criticisms. She's supposed to be the call centre director... she's supposed to working from the centre delegating duties. When she's not working there, she's out wth KW investigating the insect-obsessed serial killer or following her own leads. She's still using her hearing ability to solve cases and expedite rescues. Outside of the centre she cares for her colleagues as a good team leader does. What's also happened to a large extent is that they've expanded the role of Agent Park and the cyber expert amidst criticisms last time that they barely featured in the first series. Obviously they've taken that on board. But as far as I can see, she's still juggling her official duties,  superiors, subordinates and serial killers. She's still the emotional and moral compass of the show.

I agree with your point. While I do feel that KJ's ability and leadership was not emphasized as in many scenes as last season, but as a fan of Voice, we should know by now she has those qualities. What more important that the writer want to show in this season is that KJ has grown much more beyond her psycho-acoustic ability and leadership. While people criticizes DKW character overpowering KKJ character and she can't control him anymore, I see that KKJ is actually the only rope that DKW want to keep holding on from falling into his "dark, deep well" self. People will miss those details if they watch each episode with biased mind (largely affected by comparing it with last season). 

But, I do understand too each to his own preference. I am happy that we can share our opinions here and sometimes intrigued with some amazing views expressed here. While we disagree to some points, but that's what make the discussion all the more a fun ride. :kiss_wink:

To lightened  my stressed day, i watched again some clips Of earlier episodes, and I just realized that I started to hope or feel some light romance with KW and KJ when KW told KJ if shes a stalker during the jail-offer-thing.

KW is such a very confident man , on his looks or as a man or so hahaha ....he even told KJ when they were in a car, “if your interested in me”...

so theres a little bit loveline eh?? Lol

anyways all in all, the second time

I watched this drama, i realized i

missed some of information that already tackled in earlier episodes and been connected to recent one. So maybe to the fans that get dissatisfaction, maybe try to watch it again? For no more disappointment :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

Oh, what I meant by how his character is written is to justify why LJW has to act a certain way that might not to the liking of some people here. I did not mean to criticize his character was poorly written, instead I admire the writer's depth of developing his complex character, his inner struggle with himself, and his distrust of people. I can see his character development throughout the 10 episodes. :smile:

I see. I apologize for misunderstanding the implications of your earlier comment. :)

2 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

But, I do understand too each to his own preference. I am happy that we can share our opinions here and sometimes intrigued with some amazing views expressed here. While we disagree to some points, but that's what make the discussion all the more a fun ride. :kiss_wink:

Certainly I respect the various points of view represented here and would hate for people to think they're not welcomed to present their views but I have to respectfully and strongly disagree with some of the comments particularly about Kang Woo ;) because it does feel that we're watching completely different dramas at times. :D

I don't want to defend KW too much either and accord him too much victimhood status because he has been a naughty boy on some fronts. ;) But I think he is a reasonably fleshed out character. And I understand that from the perspective of dedicated fans of KJ that she seems to be taking a backseat to other characters. The reality is... as you've pointed out... we know pretty much everything we have to know about her. (Unless she's popping pills or hiding a terminal illness) Rather than taking a backseat, I would say that she is finding things out along the way just as we are. Comparing with S1 is inevitable on some level but the show has to evolve especially when Jin Hyuk is no longer her partner and her new partner comes with a whole new set of baggage. Plus there's a new villain... or new set of villains to consider. I don't know about anyone else but I'm grateful that they've kept KJ the way she is with no new baggage of her own. 

All of that to say that I'm enjoying the second series. It's not perfect by any means but neither was the first series. I think it does suffer a little from having to squash in quite a bit of material into 12 episodes.

Thank you for interacting with me.

21 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I see. I apologize for misunderstanding the implications of your earlier comment. :)

Nah, it's okay. I did not elaborate further either on that comment in earlier post. 

23 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I don't want to defend KW too much either and accord him too much victimhood status because he has been a naughty boy on some fronts. ;)

I laughed so hard at your "naughty boy" expression! :joy: 

I noticed that he has been kinda enjoy teasing KKJ. For instance, KKJ meet him at the police station ("Are you my stalker?"), when they were in the car ("If your are interested in me, say it right now"), and the annoyed-but-going-to-eat-it message when KKJ gave him food (the way he compose his message to her in cute expression.. instead of just "Ildan Mokeulge", he typed it as "Ildan Mokeul-sem", which usually use between people with very close relationship). :mrgreen:  

Archived