Quantcast
Jump to content
Prettysup

[Drama 2018] Voice 2, 보이스2

Recommended Posts

To be frank, I was quite bored with yesterday’s episode. I feel that they spent too much time on the vampire thing, and it is just focusing on the gore factor. Well let’s hope it gets better. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

To be frank, I was quite bored with yesterday’s episode. I feel that they spent too much time on the vampire thing, and it is just focusing on the gore factor. Well let’s hope it gets better. 

The problem not focusing  on that story but the way  they focus on it 

I am not getting in the story itself now, that make me sad, the story was suppose to be very important and touching ; the drug issue  and zombie drug especially something that everyone has to be aware  of 

But I am sorry I found myself bored of watching that, the way of direction kill the story 

I like the pd till episode 4 but from episode 5 the style killing the story 

I don't know how to say that it like he not giving the right focus  on the story , feeling and keep going on the speed action part but in the same time has to show all the scene the writter did and it seems borning and so much long , it shouldn't be boring  ( I found the scene when they catch her should be more long and focus on everyone feeling and the same with catching that guy but no they keep them chasing all the episode and that two scene especially the girl scene was fast and don't show the feeling and the aftermath of what she happen  to her till we hear that from kW I didn't feel anything) 

the scene itself was like fast and like it wasn't important 

I really hope that change  just like the case from episode 3 and the cases from season 1 I want to enjoy every case story and feel like I can't lose any secne on the episode

I like this drama so much that why I am saying this,  some thing off with the pd style I know they going after  fast speed and action style this season  but they forgetting what important in the story itself  

I hope ep 8 change that , the mean story not about  kW or kj even when their case so interesting  too but this drama Also about so many other storys.the speed of pd should get slow on the scene itself we don't need all the Ep for the story we can feel it with few perfect secne that make us really  connect  to the characters and story, I wouldn't mind they find her so fast and keep the rest of the scene facing her. Or just give us a scene that make us see her suffering, fearing and what they did to her 

P.s. I hope they understand that every case is a drama itself  it the most important element right now even if there new case with every episode, I would like they show face and eyes talking on the zombie girl like they show that on kW and kj scene 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2018 at 8:23 AM, Prettysup said:

To be frank, I was quite bored with yesterday’s episode. I feel that they spent too much time on the vampire thing, and it is just focusing on the gore factor. Well let’s hope it gets better. 

 

Same for me: it's the weakest in term of plot.

I didn't expect that in a season with reduced episodes there could be a filler but it's what it is, except for the last quarter after the end of the case.

 

The ratings dropped a lot: 

 

But all the dramas last night suffered from it: apparently it's due to the asian games.

Hopefully things will go back to normal quickly, there's only two weeks of the drama left! :bawling:

 

Quick thoughts on ep7: 

The case was full of plotholes and totally not credible twists despite the rational explanation given to resolve things: 

  • I don't get how those stupid vloggers managed to make a plan like that without being noticed by anyone else. They weren't very smart, an online audience wouldn't be so gullible, not in our times. -_-
  • Exposed in the plain light, the zombie girl wasn't scary just bizarre, so all those guys bigger and stronger than her getting attacked and bitten without reaction seemed very fake. 
  • How did she manage to cover on her feets such a long distance, after escaping the facility, to join the next town and to frighten the population before the police forces who had cars reached her?:unsure:
  • The presence of the aunt, screaming and crying at the end was too much and didn't really help to make us connect with the victim like it should. Girls being drugged and abused by greedy men is a real issue, that deserved a better treatment than this story gave it. A big disappointment after the care showed in the children sexual abuse story.

Thankfully, the masked killer plot was better: it didn't advance much the investigation but it was emotional:

  •  Kwon Joo's face when she couldn't even look at Kang Woo in the eyes after his return to the police station.:tears:
  • His hurt eyes when he realized she was trying  to avoid him and couldn't bring himself to ask why/what happened while they weren't especially on bad terms, just because the rejection at one point was something he seemed to have expected.:(
  • The tension between them in this brief exchange. It was really good acting from LHN and LJW.:o
  • However it was sort of sweet how  he seemed to have gone in circles, dealing with his feelings, before coming back to the GTT to see her and clear things. Was it his first time here? He seemed out of place and a little bit lost without her. :lol:    
  • Who was the little girl that Kang Woo saw when he collapsed? What did those images on the wall wake up in his mind or memory?
  • It's the second time the masked killer gets a full acccess to a supposed confidential  conversation between the GTT and Chief Na. Obviously, he doesn't have mics everywhere, so it can only be something placed on Chief Na, who by the way he's becoming more and more suspect. His admission that he thought his brother was a jerk, that himself took after his father who he hated for his style of life and had too an affair which made him feel like crap,  his resentment/comtempt last episode where he blamed  his brother for becoming a cop instead of a teacher without having what it takes to do the job,  finally the fact that he thought his dead brother was trusting too much Kang Woo whom  he believed was just using him made his obsession to charge Kang Woo more and more a revenge action than police work. He had the opportunity and the infos to frame him: he knew that Kang Woo was having troubles with his memory.  Actually Chief Na should  have been a suspect too or at least shouldn't have been allowed to lead the investigation in the 1st place, considering his connection to the victim (like someone noticed in the thread but i can't remember who).   
  • The confrontation between Chief Na and Kwon Joo was terrific, full of electrifying energy. She did well and  keep her composure but he was still  the one in control: he had the knowledge (and was snarky about it, notably when he mentioned that she's close to Kwang Woo), and he had the material evidences.
  • The fact that he brought a true info: Kang Woo doesn't remember that night entirely helped to defeat her in the end. How to deal with this incredibly confusing and ambiguous situation (did she really bring a killer inside the GTT? How to treat him if he doesn't remember his actions?) will be a challenge for which i think she needs to tell the truth  to the team and to rely on them.   
  • One more reason to gather the GTT around her:  i felt (and hated it) that Kwon Joo is becoming a pawn in the game played between Kang Woo and Chief Na. She's being instrumentalized by each men to make their point. The last time a character was caught between them (Chief Na's brother and Kang Woo's partner), he ended dead. So i don't have at all good feelings about this triangle.     

 

I'm looking for the next episode because i want to see how it will affect Kwon Joo and Kang Woo's relationship.

When Jin Hyuk got the fake evidences that his wife was having an affair, she maintained her support and loyalty and keep her investigation to prove him he was manipulated. 

I wouldn't mind if she takes time to evaluate the situation this time because she's not as close of Kwan Woo though she's still obviously hurt by the situation. But i don't either want to see her manipulated so easily by the killer: his arrogance lead him to underestimate her intelligence and i want her badly  to beat him at his own game.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, I couldn't agree more with everyone who's disappointed with the last episode. I'm usually a casual watcher and don't pay too much attention to minor mishaps but this episode was just so incredibly sloppy even for me. Everything from the first few seconds till the end of the zombie drug case was sloppy. I wonder if they have a very tight filming schedule that so many mistakes were present. 

 

1. The beginning of the episode felt like a different drama. First, KW went into that secret basement/room that didn't have any windows (based on the lack of signal) then what the hell was with the lightning and thunder. The editing was ridiculous, that lighting effect was too fake and looked more like a faulty video. Then what the hell was that projected tape and some random Japanese little girl? Who's that, how is this even connected to KW, what's the deal about it all? Clearly, there was no projector in the room. Was that a manifestation of KW's blackouts? Then it's not a random blackout, it's a hallucination and he clearly isn't able to move while he's experiencing this. Still, that was so random I don't know what to think of it. What do you guys think?

2. Right after the officers found KW and he woke up, he informed the centre that they rescued two victims and are heading to the next crime scene - the bitten taxi driver. But no one told him that they found the second guy, his colleagues only informed him about the bitten taxi driver. 

3. After receiving a text from the killer the first thing KJ needed to do was to ask the hacker boy to track the sender and check the phone. Even if it was a burner phone they need to check it first otherwise there's no way they'd know that. 

4. The whole part about the super strong and super fast zombie girl was also quite ridiculous as others have already mentioned. It really bothered me that she had perfectly white teeth when they should've been covered with blood. 

 

 

Hopefully, the quality will go back to how it was before for the 8th episode. I really want KJ to take some time to think things over and not take KW's, Chief Na's or the killer's words at face value.

 

I find it interesting that the more "evidence" they show that KW is the killer the more I have doubts about it. The pictures the killer sent to KJ where KW is seen fleeing the police station were clearly done by the killer himself. If that's the case, then the killer was at the police station and he could've gotten rid of the evidence before KW, while KW might've run there to stop him. The killer truly is a master manipulator, I love that he's smart, but a bit too smart for my liking. When a bag guy outsmarts a the team of heroes all the time it starts to get on my nerves. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From ep7: 

LHN posted nice pics with YSM who plays Chief Na!

It's nice to see their smiles! 

 

DmFj0BUV4AABE2y.jpg

 

Spoiler

DmFjxnNU0AES6hG.jpg

 

Spoiler

DmFj1m0V4AEJJRX.jpg

 

From ep 10

 

Apparently OCN has decided that there's no need to include LHN in the promo pics!:angry:

She's doing the job herself on her insta and through her agency's account!:huh:

Of course, it's not like she's a lead and the central character of the drama.... 

 

MYS02157.jpg?type=w1200

 

MYS02161.jpg?type=w1200

 

Spoiler

MYS02165.jpg?type=w1200

 

Spoiler

MYS02172.jpg?type=w1200

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

From ep7: 

LHN posted nice pics with YSM who plays Chief Na!

It's nice to see their smiles!  

 

From ep 10

 

Apparently OCN has decided that there's no need to include LHN in the promo pics!:angry:

She's doing the job herself on her insta and through her agency's account!:huh:

Of course, it's not like she's a lead and the central character of the drama.... 

 

3

 

I agree LHN is doing such a wonderful job, to me, there is no Voice without her. Love the picture with YSM, LHN aways has such a warm smile. :blush: I'd like quite a bit more focus on KJ's character. There weren't too many scenes with her in the last episode. I want more action for KJ since she's such an awesome character. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone feel the same about episode 7 :bawling:

I just come back home I read everyone thought and I agree on every point and weakness @titania1000 & @nateko said but sorry my friends I am tired to write reply for  every point in your great posts, maybe later but for now let summary it with two things

3 hours ago, titania1000 said:

The presence of the aunt, screaming and crying at the end was too much and didn't really help to make us connect with the victim like it should. Girls being drugged and abused by greedy men is a real issue, that deserved a better treatment than this story gave it. A big disappointment after the care showed in the children sexual abuse story.

That totally the right words of how most of us feeling that story did really deserve a better treatment in every side  and what it get was totally mess  for every point you all talked about 

2 hours ago, nateko said:

The editing was ridiculous, that lighting effect was too fake and looked more like a faulty video. Then what the hell was that projected tape and some random Japanese little girl? Who's that, how is this even connected to KW, what's the deal about it all? Clearly, there was no projector in the room. Was that a manifestation of KW's blackouts? Ten it's not a random blackout, it's hallucination and he clearly isn't able to move while he's experiencing this. Still, that was so random I don't know what to think of it. What do you guys th

Yeh I can't be more angry then what I was on the editing part the whole episode  if I have to forget all the mistake , crazy changing and not logic events, still  can I forget or forgive  the Japanese girl part !!!! , wow I am dieing here from the start of the drama to know about kW past and when they show us some of it they do thay with that ridiculous way made me so out of interest, that really !! It the big mystery  i should be busy now written for 100 plots  in my head about that girl but no I am not thinking about it, i hop for change in the pd style  and editing part , 

@titania1000

Thanks for the new still it show they going to let us see the past of KW as a new police  officer 

Maybe the all the episode will be about  open the old part of his past , I don't mind it he need to show kj his hands first , she has doing so much already giving him trust till now even when he hide everything and has zero proof of what he say.

I hope they show more about kj too they like making her role and affect  more less now

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, titania1000 said:
  •  Kwon Joo's face when she couldn't even look at Kang Woo in the eyes after his return to the police station.:tears:
  • His hurt eyes when he realized she was trying  to avoid him and couldn't bring himself to ask why/what happened while they weren't especially on bad terms, just because the rejection at one point was something he seemed to have expected.:(
  • The tension between them in this brief exchange. It was really good acting from LHN and LJW.:o
  • However it was sort of sweet how  he seemed to have gone in circles, dealing with his feelings, before coming back to the GTT to see her and clear things. Was it his first time here? He seemed out of his place and a little bit lost without her. :lol:    

 

:thumbsup:   The same is my feelings. This interaction between LHN and LJU was excellent. A whole novel in their eyes.

 

4 hours ago, titania1000 said:

One more reason to gather the GTT around her:  i felt (and hated it) that Kwon Joo is becoming a pawn in the game played between Kang Woo and Chief Na. She's being instrumentalized by each men to make their point. The last time a character was caught between them (Chief Na's brother and Kang Woo's partner), he ended dead. So i don't have at all good feelings about this triangle.     

 

I've already written that this was my feeling from the beginning - KW used her and GTT. He said it to her directly, that ppl become policemen from very different reasons and the most of this reasons aren't noble. Chief Na said abt KW almost the same: he's got a good brain but it's useless if he isn't a human being but a monster to begin with.

KW knows how to use ppl and he can do it. 

 

It doesn't mean that his feeling not change, but his intention is the same.

Maybe we will see the struggle between his feelings and his intentions? :rolleyes:

 

(In any case, I don't believe that PD let KKJ be killed :angry:)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting thing from ep.8 - the Japanese girl KW saw was killed years ago. KW went to Japan in the past and Chief Na suspects him of killing her but at the end of the episode, they showed that the killer has that little girl's ear. Apparently, the killer said that the girl had enhanced hearing abilities just like KJ. So basically the killer killed the little girl, but KW thinks that he might have something to do with her death. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, nateko said:

An interesting thing from ep.8 - the Japanese girl KW saw was killed years ago. KW went to Japan in the past and Chief Na suspects him of killing her but at the end of the episode, they showed that the killer has that little girl's ear. Apparently, the killer said that the girl had enhanced hearing abilities just like KJ. So basically the killer killed the little girl, but KW thinks that he might have something to do with her death. 

what !!!!!!!!!11

 i didn't watch ep 8 even raw yet but 

1. she was like KJ that interest part i will wait to watch in sub before jumping from my place 

2. okay KW was in Japanese till third grade that made him was like 10-11 years old only, the killer at the best stage in the same age as KW if not younger from him what happen to think that KW or even the killer start killing human and taking their parts in that age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay killing at that age maybe i can understand but start collaging people parts and hidden it all these years i don't think a kid could do that 

 

okay let me calm down maybe it not the killer himself maybe he continuing other killer work, remember we still have KW dad issues that we suspect in first 3 weeks , so let me think for now that KW dad, or the killer dad or maybe their both dads or maybe the same dad anyway was the original killer and that KW forget about and the killer now trying to make KW back to were he belong as he thinks

okay i am not clam down that not helping , i will go watch it raw and then with sub and after that talk about what may happen 

 

one moment something i don't understand about this killer which human being he interesting on taking their body parts, something not fitting, he shows he interesting in taken dirty people and taken the part that they made mistake with but after that what he interest in KJ that clean just cause her hearing ability ?????????????????????????

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nona88 said:

what !!!!!!!!!11

 i didn't watch ep 8 even raw yet but 

1. she was like KJ that interest part i will wait to watch in sub before jumping from my place 

2. okay KW was in Japanese till third grade that made him was like 10-11 years old only, the killer at the best stage in the same age as KW if not younger from him what happen to think that KW or even the killer start killing human and taking their parts in that age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay killing at that age maybe i can understand but start collaging people parts and hidden it all these years i don't think a kid could do that 

 

okay let me calm down maybe it not the killer himself maybe he continuing other killer work, remember we still have KW dad issues that we suspect in first 3 weeks , so let me think for now that KW dad, or the killer dad or maybe their both dads or maybe the same dad anyway was the original killer and that KW forget about and the killer now trying to make KW back to were he belong as he thinks

okay i am not clam down that not helping , i will go watch it raw and then with sub and after that talk about what may happen 

 

one moment something i don't understand about this killer which human being he interesting on taking their body parts, something not fitting, he shows he interesting in taken dirty people and taken the part that they made mistake with but after that what he interest in KJ that clean just cause her hearing ability ?????????????????????????

 

 

 

I'm not sure if the killer started killing as a teenager but the gift box with the Japanese girl's ear was labelled - 1991.06.02 - Miho (ear). So he started collecting body parts years and years ago. His fridge had tens of gift boxes, like seriously very many gift boxes with body parts + today he killed his neighbour ajumma (took her tongue) and killed the guard, framing him for everything. What I don't get is how is possible for KW to know the little girl and the killer if the murder happened in 1991. That's crazy. The fact that the killer blamed the guard in this new murder makes me think that maybe that's what he's been doing for his many other murders. So maybe KW is a victim in all of this. At this point, I think that everyone is an unreliable narrator except for KJ. I don't even trust the flashbacks that they show, I'd rather only believe her and her only. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, nateko said:

I'm not sure if the killer started killing as a teenager but the gift box with the Japanese girl's ear was labelled - 1991.06.02 - Miho (ear). So he started collecting body parts years and years ago. His fridge had tens of gift boxes, like seriously very many gift boxes with body parts + today he killed his neighbour ajumma (took her tongue) and killed the guard, framing him for everything. What I don't get is how is possible for KW to know the little girl and the killer if the murder happened in 1991. That's crazy. The fact that the killer blamed the guard in this new murder makes me think that maybe that's what he's been doing for his many other murders. So maybe KW is a victim in all of this. At this point, I think that everyone is an unreliable narrator except for KJ. I don't even trust the flashbacks that they show, I'd rather only believe her and her only. 

 

i can help them find the truth in an easy  way and with trustful person: 

why not asking oh hyun ho to help, they said in ep1 he in Japan studying so easy send him the little information they have on that Japanese girl and KW past in Japan and let him use his magical computer skills and give  KJ the really answer it will not waste time trying to hear from this or that the true :joy::joy:

now for real  i don't like the way they making KJ and KW hidden things from each other , i respect KJ for not falling in the killer trap and trying to find all the true by herself that not what anyone can do after what she hears from everyone, but i am afraid the more she digging by herself  the more she will fall in the killer lies, he watching and listen to what they all do he can easily step ahead of her making everyone or every lead she get  full of lies ( like the doctor i am not trusting her for sharing KW information, after all, she know how he hidden it from everyone, so why trusting Kj when she know nothing about her or about the fact she in KW side )

now for real connect oh hyun ho at least, we can trust him on that mission 

  tumblr_inline_o6pz1ectk11shrb8p_250.gif

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 episodes left and I don't think they'll catch the killer in this season. Hope I'm wrong, I really hate being left hanging like they did with Vampire Prosecutor. There's still so much to be done, 4 episode is not enough especially if we take into the account that they showed one of the killer's accomplices - another crazy psycho killer in the making. Too many bag guys and not enough time to catch them all. 

 

 

 

Edit: I've only now noticed that in one of the posters KJ is crying. I wonder why?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

4 episodes left and I don't think they'll catch the killer in this season. Hope I'm wrong

Maybe in the season 3 with Moo Jinhyuk Timjjang :D *delulu again* 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7After watching it with sub 

1.there was another killer in the paSt I don't think it kW but maybe it was his father, the masked killer talk about that Japanese girl ear as someone he didn't know , he just hear about her from someone also,  it like he inherit the job and the body parts from the old killer !!

 

2.so kW till third grade was never at school ohhh so that proof to our thoughts that his father was the sychopath person, I think that why kW think he too maybe had that. So did he has only one friend and it was that little girl that asked him to play with him  and his father killed her ?? Or let think in different way that girl come from.the family of sychopath and kW was involved with them since he was her friends???maybe she was the new killer old sister !!!

 Everything will be clear when we know who that girl and how she connect to the killer and kW??

 

3.they make it muilty personilty case then I don't think kW the killer , the killer has that too the fact he think his mother still a life Is proof that she live as one of his personality now 

And kw maybe has that too but I don't think he killed people till now, he not on that bad stage till now 

 

4.I am angry again about little details, kW give kj old phone to connect with sInce the killer may listen to their phone and after that he send her important text on finding another crime of the  same killer on that phone not the one he give her :sweat: I need some logics mr pd please 

At least let me find next that kj and kw  did really talk by that phone , meet and make a plan to trick the killer and act like his plan of malking kj dont trust kw is working that why their all that little and messing scene  ( I would love that kj from season 1 not person who act shocked like that, she can make the poker and ice face whatever she need so she dont need to keep eyes  hidden  everytime she meet kW, I did understand it at first but  she was still in shock but more then once that not even kj) 

 

Edit:  I joke about calling OHO before now call him and call Jh we have 4 ep's to catch team of psycho killers and agent park in danger, so call every help you can get it am not accepting  ending like the really killer still unknown and kw is more suspect as a killer and he maybe on run from the police and a written ending" wait for season 3 " :rage: I will have faith but how they going to solve everything in two weeks in hope the writer make me wrong again  and proud of him :innocent:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nona88 said:

At least let me find next that kj and kw  did really talk by that phone , meet and make a plan to trick the killer and act like his plan of malking kj dont trust kw is working that why their all that little and messing scene  ( I would love that kj from season 1 not person who act shocked like that, she can make the poker and ice face whatever she need so she dont need to keep eyes  hidden  everytime she meet kW, I did understand it at first but  she was still in shock but more then once that not even kj) 

 

I agree about the KJ part. She usually keeps a perfect poker face and partially did it in her conversation with Chief Na but it really throws me off when she's trying so adamantly to not look KW in the eyes. That's such a dead giveaway, she's not even trying to be subtle. Then again there might be a couple of reasons why she's doing that. For one, she's always been a straightforward person, as far as I remember from season 1, and she always confronted anyone and anything that bothered her upfront, so now she might be feeling not so great that she has to go and secretly investigate her current partner behind his back. Plus she believes that KW had sincerity and good will in dealing with the victims, she saw it, she heard it, she knows that he wasn't faking it, but she also understands that there might be a different side to KW that he himself might not be fully aware of. Basically, KJ is between a rock and a hard place right now.

 

One thing I wanted to be done differently is her actually confronting KW with the pictures, the medicine, everything she gathered instead of secretly investigating. After her talk with Chief Na and after KW told her to ask him directly if there's something she's suspicious about, I would've preferred if she went like "Hey, here're the pictures and the killer's text, then there's medicine and the fact that you have violent tendencies but don't remember anything. How 'bout you explain." And after she gave him a chance to present his point of view, then she'd go and investigate the things that didn't add up. That's actually what I came to expect from KJ. The fact that she kind off ignored KW texts about the investigation was out of her character IMO. 

 

I've yet to watch episode 8 with subs but while watching RAW I had a thought that it would be better for my mental health to just watch last 4 episodes together. By the end of the episode I was exhausted trying to figure out if KW is or isn't the bad guy. I seriously hope that he isn't because I want our girl KJ to have at a normal partner and person she can safely confide in. I'm so sad that KJ is basically left all alone this season and doesn't have anyone to trust or simply talk to with JH being away. If only for that reason I want KW to not end up the bad guy, plus it would be an overkill to have so many psychopaths in one season. Like serious why is GTT surrounded by so many psychos - the killer, then his new accomplice from ep.8, then ES's ex boyfriend, a whole network of sick in the head people. Wouldn't it be too much if KW was also the bad guy? If he is then where's JH when you need him?  Come back and do some a** kicking. :lol:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This show is just too good at creating confusion about Kang Woo that's for certain. :D Apparently the biggest mystery of the show isn't what these insect-loving anarchists are really up to (because they're basically megalomaniacal nutters with serious Mummy issues) but the past of the so-called psychopathic detective.

 

Okay, I'm going to throw it out there... It may be a rubbish theory... but hey, everyone's else has had a stab at it. ;)  I think Kang Woo was either trained as a child to be something akin to a super soldier or he was mentally enhanced and used in black ops. They messed with his brain so badly so now he has these blackouts and memory losses like Bucky Barnes. It would explain why he has his own Life on Mars moments... seeing visions of angry creepy girls and hallucinates about killing and blood. 

Like the Pretender, he wanted to escape that life and do penance for his past.

 

Whatever the faults of Episode 7, Episode 8 sure made up for them. It's true that Episode 7 dragged on a bit longer than was necessary with a lot more focus on the villainy than is usually the case. It didn't take long for us to work out that David Ko was up to no good and fabricating the entire scenario for his X-Files programme. It isn't just the drug taking that was the problem or worse still that he forced fed the zombie girl "pink salts" to raise viewership ratings but it was also a commentary on the voyeurism of our time. David's megalomania was fed by in part by a public hungry for bigger and badder online content. He fed their insatiable curiosity and they fed his ego.

 

Episode 8 had me on edge the entire time. So much cruelty and megalomania from the bossy neighbour to the lift repairman. For some reason the death of the security guard hit me harder than anything else. Poor man. He got dragged into being the fall guy in the murder of the chairwoman. The sheer arrogance of the conspirators really really hit home in this episode. How do people start thinking that they're above the law, that they're better than the rest of us, that they have the right to stamp out fellow human beings as if they're no better than ants? Perhaps it is the logical consequence of holding to a certain strain of evolutionary thinking. I see that our coast guard Norman Bates styles himself as Dr Fabre in his chatroom with his fellow conspirators. Fabre was a famous French entomologist of a hundred fifty plus years ago. But he was strictly an observer of insects who wrote books about insects. ;) And he was no evolutionist.

 

For a while I did wonder how it was that abusive ex managed to grab ES so quickly after she had escaped his clutches and then became suspicious that it was all a set up. Which it was. In the end he too became a pawn in a bigger game. A serial dating abuser from a rich family that helped cover up his "bad habits". The conspirators once again channelled his anger unhealthily to cause problems inside the team. 

 

So it's divide and conquer... On that front, it looks like the "baddies" are winning. He's managed to plant a seed of suspicion and it's taken root. On some level I can understand why the Chief Na doesn't trust KW. Obviously he has reason not to BUT he is so fixated on KW as being the killer to the point where he's not even considering other possibilities. I am glad for KJ to investigate KW's background not only for her to be certain that he is someone that he should be suspicious of but for us to put all the pieces of the puzzle together in terms of where KW fits into the larger conspiracy.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...