Quantcast
Prettysup

[Drama 2018] Voice 2, 보이스2

Kim Yeon-ji from Seeya, 'Voice 2' first OST .... Today (25th) 'Voice' reinterpreted

Singer Kim Yeon-ji will be singing the first OST of OCN weekend drama 'Voice 2'. It will be released on the 25th August, at 6 pm, through various music sites.

The 'Voice' that Kim Yeon-ji will be singing here is a re-interpretation of the original 'Voice' which was one of the OSTs of the last 'Voice' season 1.  "The remake version by Kim Yeon-ji is more mysterious and the sound of rock is thicker, so it looks like a short opera." He added, "We have improved the perfection of Kim Yeon-ji's tone, which is like playing while crossing the true and falsehoods."

2018082511283213102-540x540.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1554835

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

No they were not. :) 

To me, I felt that ocn won't usually have obvious romance element in their drama unless it is a romance genre type of drama like "My Secret Romance".

For thriller, suspense, mystery type of drama, most probably they will give us the vibes and drop some hints here and there for us to go crazy over it but nothing obvious like sweet romance between the leads.

The only temporary sweet romance that I've seen so far in a thriller, suspense drama is "Black".  (I might be wrong since I don't watch much but most ocn production that I've seen so far.. I've only recall seeing it in Black)

It made me happy and crazy at the same time. :sweatingbullets:

So I'm not going to hope for obvious sweet romance between the two leads for s2 but I will welcome a surprise! :D

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh my word... Who in the world let the nutters out of the asylum? :D

I've been umming and ahhing about watching this soon but I was craving for a crime show and before I knew it, I hit the play button. But alas it's a 12 episode drama! 

Which is fine... In fact, more K dramas need to be 12 episodes or less to be frank. 

2 episodes in and I'm enjoying it very muchly already. I've noticed some improvements procedurally and everything feels a lot more cohesive for obvious reasons. They've done a reasonably good job transitioning from the first series and finding a rationale for LJU's character into this while introducing serial killer of the series. A pity though that TL Jang cleaned up so nicely only to find himself the victim of a crime. Love the nods to Jang Hyuk's character from S1. 

It's nice to see that the Golden Time Team has turned into quite a slick operation with KKJ at the helm. And not only that... they've all become one big happy family. Except that LJU's character will be the outsider that will cause the usual teething problems before fitting into the well-oiled machine. ;)

This will be LJU's second foray into the world of cops and serial killers this year. :D I must admit I rather like seeing him as these sorts of dark, intense character.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@nona88 There's so much good thoughts and analysis in your post. I need time to answer properly!

@40somethingahjumma I'm glad that you finally joined us here! Your "voice" was clearly missing from last year where you contributed so much  to the thread! 

This time, I'm just bringing pretty pics!

Promo pics and BTS from ep 5.

MYS06384.jpg?type=w1200

7_(1).jpg?type=w1200

7_(5).jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

2_(1).jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

2_(2).jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

7_(2).jpg?type=w1200

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

@titania1000 Thanks for posting the OST.  I love love the song, it fits the mood of this season so well. The first season had very good OSTs as well. I really appreciate when dramas choose good OSTs that I can listen to even after the drama ends. 

• Like 5

OCN proves once again why it's the home of decent police procedurals in SK. I daresay the second series has the potential to exceed the first depending on how the rest of the drama pans out. (This is one of the reasons why I'm not terribly enthused by the Luther remake.) Apart from one or two niggly things like the fact that we have another loony cop on the loose as a serial killer (or one masquerading as one), I'm enjoying the call centre dispatches and the new dynamic between LJU and KHN. I feel they've really tightened things in that regard.

Out of curiosity, I had a look at the PD's CV and noticed that he was the PD for TEN and Missing Noir M... oh wow... no wonder the detective stuff feels a lot more detailed and grounded here. Those two dramas are among my favourite K dramas of all time. In comparison the first season went for the crazy thrills, ridiculous highwire tensions and sledgehammered the grotesque which I thoroughly enjoyed of course. 

Well apparently our loony blame shifting cop... I suppose his authenticity is yet to be determined but the janitor/security in his housing area seems to think he is one... is a rather chatty and confident Norman Bates except that he's not content merely to stay home and watch over his embalmed mother. On some level he seems to be an anarchist ready to set the world alight and then he seems to target corrupt cops... maybe... Does he see himself as some kind of vigilante? Perhaps such speculations are premature at such an early stage.

I'm not really that convinced that KW is the scary badass that he is painted to be or that he likes others to think that he is. There's no doubt that his detective skills are a cut above the norm and he appears to be indifferent or disdainful of KJ's idealism. But it's an act because when he's in the thick of his dispatch duties, he is undoubtedly 100% committed and his caring side leaks. KJ has an inkling or two about that. I imagine he plays the "bad guy" in part to protect his former partner's reputation. There's also definitely survivor's guilt at play and may be some childhood trauma festering away... judging from the way he was speaking to the father of the molestation victim. 

Yes, the molestation case was rather nerve-wrecking especially when the brother got dragged into the mess. I thought it was telling that they came right out and declared the impossibility of rehabilitating pedophiles. They certainly took a hardline on that and understandably so. But what really caught my attention and I'm not sure if it's deliberate, was how the daughter's trauma so consumed the family that they neglected the much younger son and left him vulnerable to the wiles of the sexual predator. I noticed that KJ commended the father's reckless actions in assisting with the quick capture of the sex offender but there seemed to be an unspoken implication that the daughter's inability to process/move on from her trauma was in part "responsible" for what happened to the brother. Because there's an interesting scene after the event at the hospital where her memory of what happened to her is triggered by a mobile phone ring tone. She struggles emotionally and then she manages to overcome the pain of that recollection to be able to tell the owner that her phone had rung. The implication is that the shock of almost losing her brother to the same sexual predator helped her take the first steps towards some kind of "recovery". It may be that she was spurred on to gain strength because she realised that dwelling on her pain did contribute to a series of family issues... and her brother almost became a casualty. 

@titania1000 Thanks for the welcome and for posting various items on the thread. :) I'm glad someone thinks my ramblings are worth reading. ;)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, titania1000 said:

The OST teased in the article posted by @Prettysup is out!

thanks  i like it. sure i was more in love with the original version since it was my type of music but this version i liked it too

the slow version will be my favorite for sure it still my in the top music soundtrack 

and thank so much for the  photo still's :love:

9 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Kim Yeon-ji from Seeya, 'Voice 2' first OST .... Today (25th) 'Voice' reinterpreted

Singer Kim Yeon-ji will be singing the first OST of OCN weekend drama 'Voice 2'. It will be released on the 25th August, at 6 pm, through various music sites.

The 'Voice' that Kim Yeon-ji will be singing here is a re-interpretation of the original 'Voice' which was one of the OSTs of the last 'Voice' season 1.  "The remake version by Kim Yeon-ji is more mysterious and the sound of rock is thicker, so it looks like a short opera." He added, "We have improved the perfection of Kim Yeon-ji's tone, which is like playing while crossing the true and falsehoods."

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1554835

thank you, i like they use the original OST it was perfect for the drama and as music and song, i like it with the slow  version more but it different  from one to other i think many will like to hear the rock style of it too 

4 hours ago, nateko said:

@titania1000 Thanks for posting the OST.  I love love the song, it fits the mood of this season so well. The first season had very good OSTs as well. I really appreciate when dramas choose good OSTs that I can listen to even after the drama ends. 

yeh  totally with you  the OST from season 1 still in the top of my list 

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

OCN proves once again why it's the home of decent police procedurals in SK. I daresay the second series has the potential to exceed the first depending on how the rest of the drama pans out. (This is one of the reasons why I'm not terribly enthused by the Luther remake.) Apart from one or two niggly things like the fact that we have another loony cop on the loose as a serial killer (or one masquerading as one), I'm enjoying the call centre dispatches and the new dynamic between LJU and KHN. I feel they've really tightened things in that regard.

Out of curiosity, I had a look at the PD's CV and noticed that he was the PD for TEN and Missing Noir M... oh wow... no wonder the detective stuff feels a lot more detailed and grounded here. Those two dramas are among my favourite K dramas of all time. In comparison the first season went for the crazy thrills, ridiculous highwire tensions and sledgehammered the grotesque which I thoroughly enjoyed of course.

i agree i like his dramas too, i said before i miss the past PD style but that doesn't mean i don't like the new one, he made most and the best OCN drama and was the first to bring people to like that type of dramas, it just when you get two great things but they different in some way you love the new and miss the old, that why i like to voice it making me feel like this with actors, story, PD, and even the music :heart: it normal to fell this feeling it just the picture get bigger and more perfect nothing is erased the other it all perfect 

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Yes, the molestation case was rather nerve-wrecking especially when the brother got dragged into the mess. I thought it was telling that they came right out and declared the impossibility of rehabilitating pedophiles. They certainly took a hardline on that and understandably so. But what really caught my attention and I'm not sure if it's deliberate, was how the daughter's trauma so consumed the family that they neglected the much younger son and left him vulnerable to the wiles of the sexual predator. I noticed that KJ commended the father's reckless actions in assisting with the quick capture of the sex offender but there seemed to be an unspoken implication that the daughter's inability to process/move on from her trauma was in part "responsible" for what happened to the brother. Because there's an interesting scene after the event at the hospital where her memory of what happened to her is triggered by a mobile phone ring tone. She struggles emotionally and then she manages to overcome the pain of that recollection to be able to tell the owner that her phone had rung. The implication is that the shock of almost losing her brother to the same sexual predator helped her take the first steps towards some kind of "recovery". It may be that she was spurred on to gain strength because she realised that dwelling on her pain did contribute to a series of family issues... and her brother almost became a casualty. 

sorry for cutting your post 

i the molestation case was the top it break our heart and made us so connected to those victims , victim of this kind of case has to suffer for so long especially when we talk about children, family to get destroyed, family need to protect their children, gave them, happiness and watch them grow up with pure and innocent way, when father has to lose that watching his innocent kid grow in pain, suffering and fear and unable to feel safe in her own home , he would feel it his fault that he can't be a father and it the same for mother 

it hard for them to act normal and give the other kid in the family the normal love and care it like feeling guilty for giving him what they cant give to the first one and it mixed with the feeling hey can't do it right even if they want to give that 

sure what i write is just 1% of the real suffering and aftermath the family of child molestation feels and go throw it , but it kind of know that to a family who faces that most of them find it hard to live normal again or grow another child in the normal way 

so i like what you write the fear of losing her  brother to the same monster cause she wasn't caring for him enough to know is more than her fear from the monster himself that will help her to get strong , she blamed the world for letting her face that suffering when she was young and weak and she can't handle the guilt for blaming herself for letting anyone face that especially not her younger brother

it not like she now can move on easy, but it like she has reason to face her pain and get stronger, she realized she can't be weak she has someone to protect from facing what she faced 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, nateko said:

This 1st song is "only" a reorchestration of the ost of s1, but the original  was already a good song, so they couldn't go wrong. ^_^

I used to listen to it a lot while waiting for new episodes.:blush:

I agree that it fits well the ambiance of s2:  the rock vibe brings out the more mysterious, edgy and sexy atmosphere of this season. 

@40somethingahjumma you brought excellent points, which made me want to rewatch the episodes and add more thoughts! Sometimes I don't share your opinion and that's what made the thread for V1 so interesting and dynamic: the diversity of point of views.

Bringing few clips from ep5: the 1st one is about the cop killer fixing his attention on our heroine and it's scary! :scream:

Preview for ep 6: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Why i feel like something isn't right  about agent jin, his reaction after the terror was not normal too, maybe bcs he's a coward :crazy: seems like in the next eps he will resign from GTT :huh:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

@meon

Everybody is ready for the next ep? 

Ep 5 was so good!

And so confusing! The writing is adding layers to layers to the enigmatic personality of Kang Woo and it's becoming harder to wrap my mind about the writer's intentions for this character. But it's not bad at all: that means  more exciting speculations! 

But the biggest news of the night is the constant and steady increasing of the ratings: we broke 5% already!

:heart:  

More promo pics from ep 5:

MYS01202_%EC%86%8C%EC%86%8D%EC%82%AC%EB%

MYS01217_%EC%86%8C%EC%86%8D%EC%82%AC%EB%

From ep  6:

She's so charismatic!:love:

MYS01752.jpg?type=w1200

The 1st and 2nd pics under the spoiler tags are real spoilers!

Spoiler

MYS01737.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

MYS01758.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

MYS01806.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

MYS08100.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

MYS08106.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

MYS08107.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

MYS08273.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

MYS08318.jpg?type=w1200

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Clearly people's perception of Kang Woo is very much coloured by their own prejudices. It seems like such an obvious thing to say but it's an ongoing issue that's part and parcel of the tensions that is maintained between elements of the GTT and the Serious Crime squad. Both sides seem adamant about the rightness of their judgment although the man under scrutiny probably couldn't care less what people thought as long as they don't get in the way of him doing his job. But perception has importance especially in the way his actions and attitude are interpreted by various parties and why they frame him as a hero or a menace. Those on the GTT team who hear and follow all his movements can see his dedication and effectiveness in the line of duty but those who see his presence in the force as an ongoing threat dwell on the negatives. For the head of the Serious Crime Unit, Na Hong Soo, death follows KW everywhere he goes or that he's just itching to have people killed. His prejudice leads him to cherry pick at things that prove his point. But he conveniently fails to mention how KW's doggedness leads to the capture of a couple of violent criminals and saves the life of the detective's wife in a ridiculously dangerous situation.

The show demonstrates in no uncertain terms why KW is actually a perfect fit in the GTT... performing even beyond initial expectations. He is quick on his feet, his observation of the crime scene is astute, piecing clues and background information quickly and he is able to think outside the square in a very tense situation. Not to mention that he has the courage to take risks. It's not surprising that someone like that would divide opinion because he's not especially concerned about how he's perceived by detractors and does nothing to justify himself or "repair" his reputation. It is telling though that KJ was able to find out about NHJ taking bribes so quickly because her judgment of him wasn't clouded by prejudice even as she wrestled with his contradictory behaviour in the early days.

There's no doubt in my mind that KW is a committed cop who may have unorthodox ways of dealing with the baddies but he does whatever it takes even putting his own life on the line to get the job done. The fact that he's willing to work with KJ and has been reasonably cooperative shows where his priorities are.

Few things get me hot under the collar than to see the elderly taken advantage of and preyed upon. Like the molestation victim from the previous arc, it's the vulnerable in our society that get targeted by unscrupulous types. Their lack of savvy with technology and ageing bodies leave them open to attacks from the worst of the worst. It's quite reprehensible and these people are scum. But what's also appalling is the son of the elderly female victim who comes across not much better than the scammers. He only comes crying to mum when he needs money and fails to make regular contact. I think the implication is that he's as much the problem as the crooks involved in the voice phishing ring. If he had been keeping tabs on his mother regularly and caring for her, the chances of her falling victim to the scheme would have been reduced. It isn't purely a criminal issue but a social one. I can honestly understand why KW might be tempted to let that violent female grifter drown but as he himself says, that might be letting her off a bit too easy.

18 hours ago, nona88 said:

i the molestation case was the top it break our heart and made us so connected to those victims , victim of this kind of case has to suffer for so long especially when we talk about children, family to get destroyed, family need to protect their children, gave them, happiness and watch them grow up with pure and innocent way, when father has to lose that watching his innocent kid grow in pain, suffering and fear and unable to feel safe in her own home , he would feel it his fault that he can't be a father and it the same for mother 

it hard for them to act normal and give the other kid in the family the normal love and care it like feeling guilty for giving him what they cant give to the first one and it mixed with the feeling hey can't do it right even if they want to give that 

sure what i write is just 1% of the real suffering and aftermath the family of child molestation feels and go throw it , but it kind of know that to a family who faces that most of them find it hard to live normal again or grow another child in the normal way 

so i like what you write the fear of losing her  brother to the same monster cause she wasn't caring for him enough to know is more than her fear from the monster himself that will help her to get strong , she blamed the world for letting her face that suffering when she was young and weak and she can't handle the guilt for blaming herself for letting anyone face that especially not her younger brother

it not like she now can move on easy, but it like she has reason to face her pain and get stronger, she realized she can't be weak she has someone to protect from facing what she faced 

I'm sure a lack of emotional support for the family exacerbated what was already an appalling situation and I don't know where a family that has gone through such a situation can get that kind of help in SK. But I don't think just putting a sex offender behind bars and throwing away the key is sufficient for the victim's long-term "recovery". I brought this up because I found it interesting that the show deals with this whole aspect of victimization quite realistically. I'm sure the drama itself means for us to see how such situations destroy families like a cancer but the young lass' pain or inability to deal with the pain made her completely preoccupied with her own issues to the point that she couldn't see anything else. While that's understandable, it's also dangerous.

From experience that's actually true to life. We can get bogged down by whatever pain suffering to the point that we think we're the only ones that are in pain and nobody knows how we feel. But when we meet someone else that's suffered similarly or in more horrible ways, it gives us a different perspective.

• Like 6

voice.png

In DRAMA

[Voice 2] Ep 5 Kwon Yul's next target is Lee Ha Na's ears

Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2018

Article: Naver 'Voice 2' Lee Ha Na solves the case with her judgement and analytical skills 

1. [+119,-3]
It's so interesting, but the viewer ratings are a pity. 

2. [+49,-3] 
Compared to season 1, there are lesser parts of her using her hearing ability to solve cases.

3. [+43,-2]
Yesterday's episode was thrilling. It feels like Lee Ha Na is taking hold of things at the center. 

4. [+23,-0]
Compared to season 1, it's less thrilling and cruel. But the story re-examines child molesters, and raises awareness for voice phishing cases. This is too good~

5. [+12,-3]
Lee Ha Na is so pretty~~

6. [+7,-0]
Voice 2 is so fun to watch~ Our Leader Kang, be careful of your ears. 

7. [+5,-3]
The female lead exerts too much strength on her eyes, it's so awkward and it bothers me.

8. [+3,-1]
Not sure if I'm the only one, but I never thought that I would be moved to tears in dramas like these with action and horror elements.. It's interesting, and suddenly at the end, before the grandmother regains consciousness, the immature son finds out that his mother has cancer. He reads letters written by his mother. Wow, really.. My tears couldn't stop flowing out.. The mother lied about lending someone money in the past and getting it back to give her son money.. This is the love of mothers... It was fresh with touching elements in it. It was a short, but had left a deep impression. 

9. [+2,-0]
Seriously fun to watch.

voicee.png

Article: Naver 'Voice 2' Kwon Yul 'Double lives' gives goosebumps… Next target is Lee Ha Na

1. [+425,-3]
The expert of leading two different lives. 

2. [+222,-6]
Kwon Yul looks like a kind and honest man, but he keeps taking on villain roles.

3. [+121,-6]
Kwon Yul looks kind, but he keeps playing the villain. It's time for him to take on kind roles. But he suits villain roles well. Should I say that he has an image where he can do both evil and kind characters?

4. [+91,-5]
Is Kwon Yul a police or is he impersonating a police officer?

5. [+57,-2]
Kwon Yul kept playing the villain after Let's Eat. He's playing villain with an innocent looking face, which gave me even more goosebumps. Please take on innocent guy roles now!!

6. [+11,-3]
But Kwon Yul looks too innocent that I can't get immersed in the drama. They shouldn't kill Mo Tae Gu in season 1. If Mo Tae Gu continues to play the villain in here too it would be great. 

cr

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, titania1000 said:

She's so charismatic!:love:

When I was watching the 5 ep I really thought that she looked like a tender and fragile flower among all these brutal and crazy men :w00t:  

KKJ - show them all! Fighting! :D 

• Like 5

Those viewer comments reminded me that I had something to say about the primary villain of the piece... or the known villain. No doubt he's being helped by someone else whose identity seems to be a greater mystery.

I was wondering after Episode 5 if Norman Bates here styles himself as some kind of Moriarity character. He seems to be behind a spate of serious crimes... not sure if he's involved in the most recent one although there's an implication that he might have from the conversation Wang Yu Li had with Mr Artificial Eye when she referred to "The Big Boss". And he happened to be at the ferry terminal too which adds to my suspicion. As his identity is already known to us, it begs the question as to what he's really and ultimately up to. Is he purely a philosophical, militant anarchist like Nolan's Joker? Or is he just an incredibly angry guy who is letting off steam but don't care who goes down with him? Or does he get his kicks out of toying with the cops, setting up scenarios for them to see how well they perform?

I can't help feeling that NHS's life is in jeopardy and he will become an unwitting pawn in the machinations of Norman Bates as he becomes more of an obstructionist and be manipulated by the conspirators. NHS is the sort of character that we love to roll our eyes over. He's not a bad guy per se but he is potentially dangerous (or more dangerous) because of his rigid fixation with trying to take down the protagonist without looking beyond the obvious and even making an effort to be objective. I keep wondering if he shouldn't be the one taking a leave of absence because it might give him time to do some of that reflecting that Koreans love talking about.

The show does a fine job of showing the insidious consequences of evil in the way it undermines trust between people by using trust as a weapon. That was clearly demonstrated with both the phone phishing scam and the sex offender case. It's such a terrible thing to be manipulated in such a way that it causes individuals to lose faith in their fellow human beings because of that one significant incident. You have to wonder whether this is what our villains are after when all is said and done.

On another note:

I'm not sure why one viewer thinks the ratings are low. Frankly they're even better than that of Life on Mars. It's already gone over 5%.

• Like 5

On 8/25/2018 at 12:35 AM, nona88 said:

i really wish he come back , but i am not sure he will , the fact that they keep bringing him up as i said cause the writer to respect the character he build and for sure when time hard on KJ she will need to react and have helped even in words from JH i am happy at this point too i was afraid they talk about him in ep 1 then act as he was never here , but i really i wish he come back even in it just cameo but what i am fearing most they  that we have a cop killer and have him after the golden time so do the math:fearful: ( please writer don't kill him off , i will live on the fact he happy  away with his son and still care for the team and will not ask more from what i get ) 

and i agree on the writer really like JH character, she should she made him and it was a really one of the kind in drama land and sure she like JH for making her character shine like that, as i said i respect a writer who respects their story. i know she willing to writer season 3 for JH if want to come back

It feels a solid expectation to me because of the way the writer kept insisting on his return like you noticed too.

It would have been easy to just pay an homage to the character and his strong influence, without teasing his return, the writer took the opposite road and made this point  a part of the current plot: Kwon Joo is in a very difficult situation, struggling to protect her team from a killer  who is targeting them but in the script her hope is not in her partner, who is dismissing her work, her values and acts coldly to the people she cares about, but in her relationship with  Jin Hyuk and her capacity to hang on until he comes back. 

It seems to me a pretty strong sign that things are not heading towards the possibility of her settling for good with her new partner and moving on.

I maybe totally wrong and it might turn that Kang Woo's character development will progressively bring him closer to Jin Hyuk's attitude, but i can't shake those feelings, not after reading Jin Hyuk's message in ep 4, especially the last line: 

To Director Kang, Whom I Miss From Moo Jin Hyuk
I heard the news. I can't believe that Gyeong Hak died like that

It must be tough for everyone. I'm sorry I can't be of any help. But I know you and your new partner will catch the real culprit.

I'll come back to Korea as soon as Dong Woo is healthier.Don't forget. We're always a team, no matter where we may be.

This idea of being a team despite the distance feels like a strong affirmation and a real committment to her!

I don't fear for his safety at all: in the worst case, he will just do a cameo and pat Kwon Joo on the shoulder (or hug her if we're lucky) for her achievements and go back to his adventures with his son.

The writer can't kill him: he's not the kind of character that could just die.     

If he returns,  he will survive for sure, i just pray he will stay for good.

Wait and see!

@AlexandraReid Thank you for bringing those positive comments! 

Especially for LHN, whom i adore and is so often underrated! On Naver, people are complimenting her acting too and it just feels right and good! ^_^

5 hours ago, meon said:

When I was watching the 5 ep I really thought that she looked like a tender and fragile flower among all these brutal and crazy men :w00t:  

KKJ - show them all! Fighting! :D

Sometimes she does, and i commend LHN's acting for that: this capacity to bring so different sides from her character and still keep her groundred, rounded and real.

She can perfectly hold her own in this male universe: not only she can command them with authority, she can also fight on the field! LHN teased on insta her hard boxe training for the drama, so i can't wait to see how good she will be in action scenes! 

On 8/25/2018 at 2:47 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Out of curiosity, I had a look at the PD's CV and noticed that he was the PD for TEN and Missing Noir M... oh wow... no wonder the detective stuff feels a lot more detailed and grounded here. Those two dramas are among my favourite K dramas of all time. In comparison the first season went for the crazy thrills, ridiculous highwire tensions and sledgehammered the grotesque which I thoroughly enjoyed of course

Two shows that i have yet to watch (i'm only 2 ep in Missing Noir M) but that's the reason why i felt so confident about this season: the PD seemed very much experienced and in capacity to keep track and control the intensity of the plot.

But i miss season 1's craziness and horror: the cinematography was to die for and the drama was so addictive! 

On 8/25/2018 at 2:47 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm not really that convinced that KW is the scary badass that he is painted to be or that he likes others to think that he is. There's no doubt that his detective skills are a cut above the norm and he appears to be indifferent or disdainful of KJ's idealism. But it's an act because when he's in the thick of his dispatch duties, he is undoubtedly 100% committed and his caring side leaks. KJ has an inkling or two about that. I imagine he plays the "bad guy" in part to protect his former partner's reputation. There's also definitely survivor's guilt at play and may be some childhood trauma festering away... judging from the way he was speaking to the father of the molestation victim.

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Clearly people's perception of Kang Woo is very much coloured by their own prejudices. It seems like such an obvious thing to say but it's an ongoing issue that's part and parcel of the tensions that is maintained between elements of the GTT and the Serious Crime squad. Both sides seem adamant about the rightness of their judgment although the man under scrutiny probably couldn't care less what people thought as long as they don't get in the way of him doing his job. But perception has importance especially in the way his actions and attitude are interpreted by various parties and why they frame him as a hero or a menace. Those on the GTT team who hear and follow all his movements can see his dedication and effectiveness in the line of duty but those who see his presence in the force as an ongoing threat dwell on the negatives. For the head of the Serious Crime Unit, Na Hong Soo, death follows KW everywhere he goes or that he's just itching to have people killed. His prejudice leads him to cherry pick at things that prove his point. But he conveniently fails to mention how KW's doggedness leads to the capture of a couple of violent criminals and saves the life of the detective's wife in a ridiculously dangerous situation.

There's no doubt in my mind that KW is a committed cop who may have unorthodox ways of dealing with the baddies but he does whatever it takes even putting his own life on the line to get the job done. The fact that he's willing to work with KJ and has been reasonably cooperative shows where his priorities are.

I think that the character is not as clear cut as this description make it to be: he's not a killer or evil, he has enough empathy to avoid this path but he's still ambiguous as hell and the drama provided plenty signs of the fact he shouldn't be entirely trusted, not even by us, the audience,  who have been presented both versions of his involvement.  Despite, having a global comprehension of the story, i still feel that pieces are missing about him, and i don't know what picture will come out once they will be reunited with the rest of the puzzle.     

For me, so far despite his effectiveness on the field, his attitude is still off. I don't think he's committed: his work for the team is not his choice, he saves people because the alternative would be to go back to jail, if he was committed he would have find his place in the team, and would have showed relief at being allowed to do his job again and save people. Instead he  basically asked Kwon Joo to shut down the GTT's service to the public and keep the unit focused on tracking his only interest, showing contempt when she refused! And he did it even after saving the children from a sexual abuser...

I realized on rewatch after my previous post on the influence that they have on each other with Kwon Joo, that i'm not as comprehensive as i would like to be.

I'm blaming him for his harsh words thrown to Kwon Joo after the computer attack: she helped him and was one of the rare person to offer him the possibility to explain himself and prove his version of his ex partner death, but he still showed a complete indifference to her difficult position and made a point to taunt her and provoke her to reject her coworkers, her achievement with her team, her values, everything that  defines her and her identity. 

Either he doesn't get her at all / doesn't believe in her idealism (which doesn't make sense because her way is very successfull) or he was just trying to distract her from thinking about the new pic, which probably show him leaving the evidence room,  but in both cases, he showed an insensitivity that is hard to stomach at a point where the entire team is being targeted and under death threat. She asked all the team to come to Poogsan, she hold the responsability of the lives of the people working for the GTT, how could protecting their lives not be a part of the job for him?

It's not about being a hero at this point, it's just about having a bit of gratitude and wanting a human connection with her, and he's not even showing that.  

I can't shake either the feeling that even when he's acting like he should, notably with the victims, the positive impression fades away quickly because of how he acts with the culprits: i had a hard time when Jin Hyuk was doing it and i still condemn it.

In ep 5, Kwon Joo had to basically beg him to leave the criminal alive.The all team was clearly disturbed by his attitude when he closed the case but what could they say when he just saved the life of the family member of one of them?

He used his gun carelessly previously in front of the father of the children abused and the two woman present in the room and still put a hostage in danger by shooting at close range in ep5.

And i won't dig on the enjoyment he takes on taunting and beating the culprits. When one of the police officer from the serious crime unit reminded him that police brutality is not allowed anymore, he just turned his anger on him and pushed him!   

Finally the nightmare was not revisited but clearly, the image of him watching himself cutting his ex partner wasn't a dream, not a consequence of his profiling, but something related to the real events of this death,  that he's repressing. What else is he repressing? Only time can tell...            

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I was wondering after Episode 5 if Norman Bates here styles himself as some kind of Moriarity character. He seems to be behind a spate of serious crimes... not sure if he's involved in the most recent one although there's an implication that he might have from the conversation Wang Yu Li had with Mr Artificial Eye when she referred to "The Big Boss". And he happened to be at the ferry terminal too which adds to my suspicion. As his identity is already known to us, it begs the question as to what he's really and ultimately up to. Is he purely a philosophical, militant anarchist like Nolan's Joker? Or is he just an incredibly angry guy who is letting off steam but don't care who goes down with him? Or does he get his kicks out of toying with the cops, setting up scenarios for them to see how well they perform?

Sorry for cutting your post again, but mine is already too long!

Norman Bates is a nickname that suit him perfectly, isn't it?

I got the feeling that the writer made it clear that there's wasn't a big boss, except for the chinese fraud who played an "Usual Suspect game" on our team to run away. 

It would not be credible for him to be behind every case, however he's clearly following the team, so his presence at every spot might be his way to play with the fire and see if he can get closer without  being  recognized.     

In term of motivation, i would vote for " he gets his kicks out of toying with the cops, setting up scenarios for them to see how well they perform?"

Something about his way of lusting after Kwon Joo's ears, screams that everything in his world  is about himself and his satisfaction at hunting and proving his superiority.  

Few plot points not resolved yet: 

What is his real job? How does he get the money to pay for all things he does?

What lies in the closed room? His real mother's body? Parts of  it?

• Like 5

Clips from ep 6!

The first one looks like an homage to the futur OCN drama The Guest with KJW and directed by the PD of V1!

Major spoilers at the end of this clip!:scream:

I wish i hadn't watched it: i was looking for the preview for ep7  :tears:

At least, it proves partially my suspicions... 

• Like 4

So what I gathered from episode 6...

Spoiler

is that KW has or had blackouts. His previous partner (the one who died) had mentioned to his brother that KW has been acting weird lately. That was right before the gruesome murder on the boat and KW was the one who asked to meet his partner, so that's probably where NHS's belief that KW is the killer came from in the first place. It doesn't help that they show a flashback of KW cutting his partner's hand. It was also shown that KW went to see a doctor in the past, who prescribed him the mediation but also said that he should go to a hospital or his condition might get worse. Either way, it doesn't look good for KW. Memory blackouts are always a bad sign. Could he really have a psychological condition? Blackouts can be associated with dissociative identity disorder but it's too early to judge. I also think that they are trying hard to make the viewers doubt KW which in turn makes me doubt that he truly is the bad guy. At this point, I'm pretty conflicted, KJ must be too. The killer took the picture of whoever cut off the cop's hand, so if it was KW why not finish him off by distributing that picture? It would be a game over instantly. Another thing that bothers me is that no one asked KW how he survived. We saw that he fell in the water and wasn't able to break free from the ropes he was tied with and he was drowning. So who saved him then? Another question that no one seems to be interested in is why the killer is specifically targeting the Golden Time team. There must be a reason, so I'm surprised that no one in the drama has questioned that. Maybe in the future... It's already episode 6, so we're halfway through the drama, though the pace seems to fit a 16 episode drama more than 12.

• Like 4