[Drama 2018] Voice 2, 보이스2

Prettysup

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly people's perception of Kang Woo is very much coloured by their own prejudices. It seems like such an obvious thing to say but it's an ongoing issue that's part and parcel of the tensions that is maintained between elements of the GTT and the Serious Crime squad. Both sides seem adamant about the rightness of their judgment although the man under scrutiny probably couldn't care less what people thought as long as they don't get in the way of him doing his job. But perception has importance especially in the way his actions and attitude are interpreted by various parties and why they frame him as a hero or a menace. Those on the GTT team who hear and follow all his movements can see his dedication and effectiveness in the line of duty but those who see his presence in the force as an ongoing threat dwell on the negatives. For the head of the Serious Crime Unit, Na Hong Soo, death follows KW everywhere he goes or that he's just itching to have people killed. His prejudice leads him to cherry pick at things that prove his point. But he conveniently fails to mention how KW's doggedness leads to the capture of a couple of violent criminals and saves the life of the detective's wife in a ridiculously dangerous situation.

The show demonstrates in no uncertain terms why KW is actually a perfect fit in the GTT... performing even beyond initial expectations. He is quick on his feet, his observation of the crime scene is astute, piecing clues and background information quickly and he is able to think outside the square in a very tense situation. Not to mention that he has the courage to take risks. It's not surprising that someone like that would divide opinion because he's not especially concerned about how he's perceived by detractors and does nothing to justify himself or "repair" his reputation. It is telling though that KJ was able to find out about NHJ taking bribes so quickly because her judgment of him wasn't clouded by prejudice even as she wrestled with his contradictory behaviour in the early days.

There's no doubt in my mind that KW is a committed cop who may have unorthodox ways of dealing with the baddies but he does whatever it takes even putting his own life on the line to get the job done. The fact that he's willing to work with KJ and has been reasonably cooperative shows where his priorities are.

Few things get me hot under the collar than to see the elderly taken advantage of and preyed upon. Like the molestation victim from the previous arc, it's the vulnerable in our society that get targeted by unscrupulous types. Their lack of savvy with technology and ageing bodies leave them open to attacks from the worst of the worst. It's quite reprehensible and these people are scum. But what's also appalling is the son of the elderly female victim who comes across not much better than the scammers. He only comes crying to mum when he needs money and fails to make regular contact. I think the implication is that he's as much the problem as the crooks involved in the voice phishing ring. If he had been keeping tabs on his mother regularly and caring for her, the chances of her falling victim to the scheme would have been reduced. It isn't purely a criminal issue but a social one. I can honestly understand why KW might be tempted to let that violent female grifter drown but as he himself says, that might be letting her off a bit too easy.

18 hours ago, nona88 said:

i the molestation case was the top it break our heart and made us so connected to those victims , victim of this kind of case has to suffer for so long especially when we talk about children, family to get destroyed, family need to protect their children, gave them, happiness and watch them grow up with pure and innocent way, when father has to lose that watching his innocent kid grow in pain, suffering and fear and unable to feel safe in her own home , he would feel it his fault that he can't be a father and it the same for mother 

it hard for them to act normal and give the other kid in the family the normal love and care it like feeling guilty for giving him what they cant give to the first one and it mixed with the feeling hey can't do it right even if they want to give that 

sure what i write is just 1% of the real suffering and aftermath the family of child molestation feels and go throw it , but it kind of know that to a family who faces that most of them find it hard to live normal again or grow another child in the normal way 

so i like what you write the fear of losing her  brother to the same monster cause she wasn't caring for him enough to know is more than her fear from the monster himself that will help her to get strong , she blamed the world for letting her face that suffering when she was young and weak and she can't handle the guilt for blaming herself for letting anyone face that especially not her younger brother

it not like she now can move on easy, but it like she has reason to face her pain and get stronger, she realized she can't be weak she has someone to protect from facing what she faced 

I'm sure a lack of emotional support for the family exacerbated what was already an appalling situation and I don't know where a family that has gone through such a situation can get that kind of help in SK. But I don't think just putting a sex offender behind bars and throwing away the key is sufficient for the victim's long-term "recovery". I brought this up because I found it interesting that the show deals with this whole aspect of victimization quite realistically. I'm sure the drama itself means for us to see how such situations destroy families like a cancer but the young lass' pain or inability to deal with the pain made her completely preoccupied with her own issues to the point that she couldn't see anything else. While that's understandable, it's also dangerous.

From experience that's actually true to life. We can get bogged down by whatever pain suffering to the point that we think we're the only ones that are in pain and nobody knows how we feel. But when we meet someone else that's suffered similarly or in more horrible ways, it gives us a different perspective.

voice.png

In DRAMA

[Voice 2] Ep 5 Kwon Yul's next target is Lee Ha Na's ears

Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2018

Article: Naver 'Voice 2' Lee Ha Na solves the case with her judgement and analytical skills 

1. [+119,-3]
It's so interesting, but the viewer ratings are a pity. 

2. [+49,-3] 
Compared to season 1, there are lesser parts of her using her hearing ability to solve cases.

3. [+43,-2]
Yesterday's episode was thrilling. It feels like Lee Ha Na is taking hold of things at the center. 

4. [+23,-0]
Compared to season 1, it's less thrilling and cruel. But the story re-examines child molesters, and raises awareness for voice phishing cases. This is too good~

5. [+12,-3]
Lee Ha Na is so pretty~~

6. [+7,-0]
Voice 2 is so fun to watch~ Our Leader Kang, be careful of your ears. 

7. [+5,-3]
The female lead exerts too much strength on her eyes, it's so awkward and it bothers me.

8. [+3,-1]
Not sure if I'm the only one, but I never thought that I would be moved to tears in dramas like these with action and horror elements.. It's interesting, and suddenly at the end, before the grandmother regains consciousness, the immature son finds out that his mother has cancer. He reads letters written by his mother. Wow, really.. My tears couldn't stop flowing out.. The mother lied about lending someone money in the past and getting it back to give her son money.. This is the love of mothers... It was fresh with touching elements in it. It was a short, but had left a deep impression. 

9. [+2,-0]
Seriously fun to watch.

voicee.png

Article: Naver 'Voice 2' Kwon Yul 'Double lives' gives goosebumps… Next target is Lee Ha Na

1. [+425,-3]
The expert of leading two different lives. 

2. [+222,-6]
Kwon Yul looks like a kind and honest man, but he keeps taking on villain roles.

3. [+121,-6]
Kwon Yul looks kind, but he keeps playing the villain. It's time for him to take on kind roles. But he suits villain roles well. Should I say that he has an image where he can do both evil and kind characters?

4. [+91,-5]
Is Kwon Yul a police or is he impersonating a police officer?

5. [+57,-2]
Kwon Yul kept playing the villain after Let's Eat. He's playing villain with an innocent looking face, which gave me even more goosebumps. Please take on innocent guy roles now!!

6. [+11,-3]
But Kwon Yul looks too innocent that I can't get immersed in the drama. They shouldn't kill Mo Tae Gu in season 1. If Mo Tae Gu continues to play the villain in here too it would be great. 

cr

2 hours ago, titania1000 said:

She's so charismatic!:love:

When I was watching the 5 ep I really thought that she looked like a tender and fragile flower among all these brutal and crazy men :w00t:  

KKJ - show them all! Fighting! :D 

Those viewer comments reminded me that I had something to say about the primary villain of the piece... or the known villain. No doubt he's being helped by someone else whose identity seems to be a greater mystery.

I was wondering after Episode 5 if Norman Bates here styles himself as some kind of Moriarity character. He seems to be behind a spate of serious crimes... not sure if he's involved in the most recent one although there's an implication that he might have from the conversation Wang Yu Li had with Mr Artificial Eye when she referred to "The Big Boss". And he happened to be at the ferry terminal too which adds to my suspicion. As his identity is already known to us, it begs the question as to what he's really and ultimately up to. Is he purely a philosophical, militant anarchist like Nolan's Joker? Or is he just an incredibly angry guy who is letting off steam but don't care who goes down with him? Or does he get his kicks out of toying with the cops, setting up scenarios for them to see how well they perform?

I can't help feeling that NHS's life is in jeopardy and he will become an unwitting pawn in the machinations of Norman Bates as he becomes more of an obstructionist and be manipulated by the conspirators. NHS is the sort of character that we love to roll our eyes over. He's not a bad guy per se but he is potentially dangerous (or more dangerous) because of his rigid fixation with trying to take down the protagonist without looking beyond the obvious and even making an effort to be objective. I keep wondering if he shouldn't be the one taking a leave of absence because it might give him time to do some of that reflecting that Koreans love talking about.

The show does a fine job of showing the insidious consequences of evil in the way it undermines trust between people by using trust as a weapon. That was clearly demonstrated with both the phone phishing scam and the sex offender case. It's such a terrible thing to be manipulated in such a way that it causes individuals to lose faith in their fellow human beings because of that one significant incident. You have to wonder whether this is what our villains are after when all is said and done.

On another note:

I'm not sure why one viewer thinks the ratings are low. Frankly they're even better than that of Life on Mars. It's already gone over 5%.

So what I gathered from episode 6...

Spoiler

is that KW has or had blackouts. His previous partner (the one who died) had mentioned to his brother that KW has been acting weird lately. That was right before the gruesome murder on the boat and KW was the one who asked to meet his partner, so that's probably where NHS's belief that KW is the killer came from in the first place. It doesn't help that they show a flashback of KW cutting his partner's hand. It was also shown that KW went to see a doctor in the past, who prescribed him the mediation but also said that he should go to a hospital or his condition might get worse. Either way, it doesn't look good for KW. Memory blackouts are always a bad sign. Could he really have a psychological condition? Blackouts can be associated with dissociative identity disorder but it's too early to judge. I also think that they are trying hard to make the viewers doubt KW which in turn makes me doubt that he truly is the bad guy. At this point, I'm pretty conflicted, KJ must be too. The killer took the picture of whoever cut off the cop's hand, so if it was KW why not finish him off by distributing that picture? It would be a game over instantly. Another thing that bothers me is that no one asked KW how he survived. We saw that he fell in the water and wasn't able to break free from the ropes he was tied with and he was drowning. So who saved him then? Another question that no one seems to be interested in is why the killer is specifically targeting the Golden Time team. There must be a reason, so I'm surprised that no one in the drama has questioned that. Maybe in the future... It's already episode 6, so we're halfway through the drama, though the pace seems to fit a 16 episode drama more than 12.

Additional details from ep.6:

Spoiler

Na Hong Soo didn't like KW even before the murder of his brother. He and KW's partner weren't real brothers or something (didn't quite understand what exactly they meant by that). Regardless, NHS as somewhat cleared of suspicion because the killer toyed around with him too, they definitely aren't accomplices. 

KJ is definitely the next target, not our hacker boy. The killer almost gave out orders to his minions about KJ but luckily his neighbour distracted him. At the end of the episode, KJ received pictures from the killer. KW is seen in all of them and it's from the day of his partner's murder. Then the killer sent her a text, which reads "It was a murder committed together with DKW. Of course, he doesn't remember but tell him it's no use. I took a picture that day." (lousy translation, but bear with me). I wonder why KW collapsed in the preview. Maybe he saw a scene or picture that reminded him of what truly happened that day? 

36 minutes ago, titania1000 said:
  Hide contents

I wonder why he changed his plans to kill her and send her pics instead?

Maybe to play with her mind and made her distrust Kang Woo?

What makes him feelthat she will believe him? He could have take advantage to one of Kang Woo's blackout to put a weapon in his hand and take a pic...

The killer  seemed to have a strange interest for Kang Woo: at one point he said that he offered him a chance to get away but Kang Woo chose to crawl back in the den of lions. Why give him a chance to survive? And why did he target his partner? 

Indeed the killer seemed to somewhat favour KW back then at the boat. He seemed to enjoy KW's anger. Maybe he found him to be similar in nature. KW was pretty open about his own hatred for criminals and that he had a hard time not harming them. That's something that we've also seen in episode 5 with Big Boss. So maybe the killer thought that KW was somewhat like him and that's why he was more lenient before KW dared to defy him. I also wondered how the partner ended up in that mess in the first place. Still have no idea though. Maybe he got money from the wrong person and the killer decided to get rid of him because he was a dirty cop, or maybe they were investigating something that eventually led them to the killer. I'm very curious about what happened back then. 

Spoiler

I missed some parts of the episode because my stream was bad, but I think the killer hacked some of the computers at the police station and heard the conversations of GTT and KJ's specifically. It seems to me that he doesn't quite like the fact that KW is settling with the team. I think he wants to plant seeds of doubt into everyone's minds about KW and his involvement in the murder. I also thought that with KW's blackouts it would be very easy for the killer to manipulate the truth about that incident. Heck even KW himself might believe that he's the one who murdered his partner if played right. 

I must say that even though I enjoyed Mo Tae Gu as the serial killer in the first season, the psycho killer from this season is scarier on many fronts  (props to Kwon Yul).
First, he's a delusional but highly functional psycho. While he keeps the delusion about his mother being alive, he still acknowledges the fact that she's dead, because he keeps the door to her room locked. 
He has an abnormal obsession with human body parts. While Tae Gu collected the hair of his victims as trophies, this one has a crazy fetish. Just look at the pictures of body parts that are plastered on the walls of his basement.
The scene where he met KJ was so disturbing to watch. He analyzed her face - eyes, nose lips and finally settled for her ears. So he basically went out of his way to meet her and decided what parts of her he wanted to collect.
What's the scariest part is the fact that the GTT isn't just dealing with this psycho but with a whole network of like-minded messed up scum that the killer collected. It's scary because it reminds me of real life so much it's horrifying.
I'm familiar with these sick communities as I've once worked with a team that tracked such communities and tried to get rid of them, but man does this ring true. 
The realization that your dealing with so many people and not just one criminal is difficult to swallow because they aren't connected with each other in the real world so it's difficult to track them all individually and the only thing they have in common is their messed up nature. 
That's why I find that the GTT is in more danger than in the first season. They have no idea when and who will strike them while they are tracking the mastermind. 

My thought of ep 6 

Spoiler

1- most likely kW has a brain problem that explains the blackout and so many things, the problem is he can't show that why,!! I think it has to be related to the reason that if  it  shows up he can't be a cop again, that why he talking medical care in secret. 

I don't know if what scare him is the fact that the problem he had just a danger healthy situation  or the fact it poof he can be a  killer. there so many brain problems that maybe  even make the two explaining right and there even more sickness outside  the brain too, but let me choice brain problem for now

Either ways kW has that problem before what happened, and looking at his untrust of people's character he will never share that with anyone and sure he will hide it more after what happened.

2. The killer for sure will make use of that to even make KW himself believe he a killer, kW like the most perfect player in this game that why even Kj didn't understand  why he let him live 3 years ago and we saw he get angry from his man when he attacks kW on his own that night in Ep 1.

3. Now the question why the killer has that so much interest on kW?? For sure he interested  in his darkness  but I will go wild and say he knows him from the 

Past, even before that night 3 years ago, I don't know why but I ewatch the scene of that night in Ep 1 and I keep having the feeling it was more like the killer made a stage  for kW to watch more than he brings him to be his victim , it like giving a gift to old friend in the crazy and weird  way of course, maybe I am wrong but that how I feel for now 

4.now the killer interested in Kj so much I will leave talking about that later since  I have to watch it with sub make my  thoughts about that 

5.most important Kj has grown on kW, I know he has hidden that but for sure he trusts her more now, trust her thought, respect  her smart  minds and want to hear her thought, moreover  she grow on him as partner  and human too, the way she trust, protect  and care for him and others in the team is touching him so much. And the finally care when she made sure to thanks him again and a knowledge that he risk himself to save agent jin even when he dany that, and when she send him food and medical tools to take care of his wound that was a nice and warm touch he even give that soft  face .

P.s. the most  funny scene when all the men in golden time sitting eating and drinking together and talking and they all talk about team leader Kj  what she will do and what she is and kW  said " are you her fan's club ":joy: yes dear you should meet JH who will kill   you for talking back to her to know how popular this girl, she had all the team men and women in her fans club 

Edit: omg  I think I get why they show the killer so soon the killer face isn't the most important part of the story 

Spoiler

The killer has access to the E-SYSTEM   the one wich has every police officer past, secrets especially the dirty one  , 

Now we know how he moving  everything  as he wish .

What scary that that system should be in  deleting  progress  so let me guess the killer is the hight ranked  police officer   or a computer genies   who they trust to delete  the system  that how everything start, how he know which cops he should target  and who the people  they hate theme 

So i guess or that he didn't delete  it on his own , or some higher police officer appointment him in the secret  mission to not delete  the system  but movie it outside for future use.( sure their some will find it hard to lose that kind of powerful tool even if the law say to not use it )  But  no matter how he get his hands on it or why it still there he just use that  for his craziness 

No matter what it all start from the fact that there crazy people who build  system like that on police and treat their collages  as mouses in the trap .:rage:

9 hours ago, titania1000 said:

The killer  seemed to have a strange interest for Kang Woo: at one point (in a previous episode) he said that he offered him a chance to get away but Kang Woo chose to crawl back in the den of lions. Why give him a chance to survive? And why did he target his partner? 

i agree his interest it show a deeper known of each other then what they show us till now 

i had my thoughts about that before but after watching ep 6 with sub i am sure now after hearing how he talk about  him with his mother ( sorry talk to his mother body:fearful: ) i am sure  KW is his first and most important target he not a victim for body part like kj and other  in the killer eyes. it  like  he someone important maybe he the reason why everything start i am afraid about the meaning of talking about "Cain and Abel " as a hint for kw  that never a good sign ( it bad a very bad i think i am starting to think about how this two know each other as children and what the lost memories that KW don't want to remember  and the killer keep talking about :confounded:)

3 hours ago, mandunim86 said:

seems like the killer really want to see GTT kneel begging to be forgiven by him :tears:

it his fav game for now, i think it more about KW now and since the GTT become his family and friends and changing the way the killer want KW to be they become his enemy, he plays on the trust things between them more than harming them he looks more interest in making KW lose everyone and stay alone in the end.

8 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Reveal hidden contents

One reason could be:  he intended to have Kang Woo do the job  to take Kwon Joo's ears, which could be problematic if he finds himself too close to the team. 

Those pics add a stricking visual/set to his basement, to say the least.  

I don't think those communities exist where i live and i never understood the reason why they seem to be so often mentionned in kdramas. It becomes clearer now that you mentioned your experience. 

I'm scared for the GTT:scream::tears: 

i don't want to think that they exist in the world even but sadly i know that they are. i still waiting to see what kind of psycho this man will be but for sure he still didn't show half of what he is ( fighting golden time team and remember what JH said in season 1 these crazy people think they are special but in the end of the day they just one of the crazy people they get catch  )

9 hours ago, nateko said:

Indeed the killer seemed to somewhat favour KW back then at the boat. He seemed to enjoy KW's anger. Maybe he found him to be similar in nature. KW was pretty open about his own hatred for criminals and that he had a hard time not harming them. That's something that we've also seen in episode 5 with Big Boss. So maybe the killer thought that KW was somewhat like him and that's why he was more lenient before KW dared to defy him. I also wondered how the partner ended up in that mess in the first place. Still have no idea though. Maybe he got money from the wrong person and the killer decided to get rid of him because he was a dirty cop, or maybe they were investigating something that eventually led them to the killer. I'm very curious about what happened back then. 

nice a different point :thumbsup: i will go with my thought that the know each other from the past but KW not remembering for now but i like so much your view of things, yeh maybe something KW said that night switch the killer and you right something no, so many things about that night is missing , is the KW partner was really there just for the money he stole??? how they both ending there ??? what happens that night ?? how the killer run and how KW was saved .................

wait a moment i missed something important?????  the killer really helped KW out and saved him before, everyone thought that KW is the killer he was almost throwing on jail all his life, they were so sure and about to close the case but suddenly the killer partner found death with note he admitted he did the crime and that how KW GET OUT EVEN when everyone still think he a killer , why did the killer do that , he could kill his partner and leave normal note that he kill himself, no one ever think that man was a danger i think he did it to get KW out, he kill him in that last moment and make sure he make KW out, he did make him look more like a killer for sure but what was important that he out and he still on the game.

no matter if it has something to do about what happen or said that night or if there more past for this two but one thing for sure the killer really want KW a live  for now, it a game that he thinks KW is his partner on it .

Episode 6 was both fascinating and bizarre. I'm not a fan of the horror genre and certainly not of the Blair Witch Project and I'm not convinced that Voice 2 has suddenly turned into a supernatural thriller so I'm guessing that the Zombie Girl that's walking around biting people is suffering some kind of medical or mental health condition. That's probably not the most interesting thing that happened in the episode but I'm sure it'll lead to something else more interesting. As intriguing as the serial killer conspiracy might be, I appreciate these individual cases because that's where the social commentary and the emotional core of the show lies... for now at least. And I enjoy the thrill of watching Kwon Joo play the master controller, push the shiny buttons at her finger-tips, give orders to her minions while trying to figure out what's what. 

I suppose the bit that fascinated and disturbed me the most is the bit in the lift between Norman Bates and the chairperson of the body corporate. Yeah, sorry about me calling our anarchistic keyboard warrior "Norman Bates"... a convenient nickname for now even though I don't think he's suffering from dissociative disorder. But he was fantasizing about killing her in bloody fashion with garden shears. I suppose he has killed people but so far disguised them as suicides or accidents but does he cut off body parts on his own? Doesn't he usually get someone else to do his butchering for him? Extractions that would be his trophy. He trades on people's hatred but this is one occasion we see his personal contempt playing out both in technicolour as well as black and white.

The revelation that Kwan Woo suffers from blackouts does thicken the plot somewhat. Has he become an unreliable narrator of that night's events when his partner was murdered. Was he a party to his death? There are gaps in his memory, he questions his own sanity and wonders about his worst fears... it explains the nightmares and the mirror smashing to some extent. 

15 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I think that the character is not as clear cut as this description make it to be: he's not a killer or evil, he has enough empathy to avoid this path but he's still ambiguous as hell and the drama provided plenty signs of the fact he shouldn't be entirely trusted, not even by us, the audience,  who have been presented both versions of his involvement.  Despite, having a global comprehension of the story, i still feel that pieces are missing about him, and i don't know what picture will come out once they will be reunited with the rest of the puzzle.     

For me, so far despite his effectiveness on the field, his attitude is still off. I don't think he's committed: his work for the team is not his choice, he saves people because the alternative would be to go back to jail, if he was committed he would have find his place in the team, and would have showed relief at being allowed to do his job again and save people. Instead he  basically asked Kwon Joo to shut down the GTT's service to the public and keep the unit focused on tracking his only interest, showing contempt when she refused! And he did it even after saving the children from a sexual abuser...

I realized on rewatch after my previous post on the influence that they have on each other with Kwon Joo, that i'm not as comprehensive as i would like to be.

I'm blaming him for his harsh words thrown to Kwon Joo after the computer attack: she helped him and was one of the rare person to offer him the possibility to explain himself and prove his version of his ex partner death, but he still showed a complete indifference to her difficult position and made a point to taunt her and provoke her to reject her coworkers, her achievement with her team, her values, everything that  defines her and her identity. 

Either he doesn't get her at all / doesn't believe in her idealism (which doesn't make sense because her way is very successfull) or he was just trying to distract her from thinking about the new pic, which probably show him leaving the evidence room,  but in both cases, he showed an insensitivity that is hard to stomach at a point where the entire team is being targeted and under death threat. She asked all the team to come to Poogsan, she hold the responsability of the lives of the people working for the GTT, how could protecting their lives not be a part of the job for him?

It's not about being a hero at this point, it's just about having a bit of gratitude and wanting a human connection with her, and he's not even showing that.  

I can't shake either the feeling that even when he's acting like he should, notably with the victims, the positive impression fades away quickly because of how he acts with the culprits: i had a hard time when Jin Hyuk was doing it and i still condemn it.

In ep 5, Kwon Joo had to basically beg him to leave the criminal alive.The all team was clearly disturbed by his attitude when he closed the case but what could they say when he just saved the life of the family member of one of them?

He used his gun carelessly previously in front of the father of the children abused and the two woman present in the room and still put a hostage in danger by shooting at close range in ep5.

And i won't dig on the enjoyment he takes on taunting and beating the culprits. When one of the police officer from the serious crime unit reminded him that police brutality is not allowed anymore, he just turned his anger on him and pushed him!           

Well, I think a lot of it is an act... some of it borne out of fear that he could be a danger to others and it's his way of keeping people at a distance, not to form personal attachments for reasons known only to himself (maybe his mental health issues). I don't see bad manners as necessarily symptomatic of something sinister. ;) As far as I can tell he's just a man who has cultivated a persona so that people will believe certain things about him and stay away. And there's little doubt in my mind that he suffers serious survivor's guilt.

I suppose we're meant to think that there's something more to him because he walks on the wild side. He certainly perpetuates the image with a little glee. But I believe that when he's with the little boy... that's when we catch a glimpse of his heart. There's probably something of himself in that boy.

To me he feels like a man who thinks he's living on borrowed time... like someone who thinks he's dying of terminal cancer and has only one month left to live. He doesn't want sympathy, he doesn't want friends or be part of something bigger than himself. He just wants to solve the biggest mystery of his life, go somewhere quiet and die alone.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Well, I think a lot of it is an act... some of it borne out of fear that he could be a danger to others and it's his way of keeping people at a distance, not to form personal attachments for reasons known only to himself (maybe his mental health issues). I don't see bad manners as necessarily symptomatic of something sinister. ;) As far as I can tell he's just a man who has cultivated a persona so that people will believe certain things about him and stay away. And there's little doubt in my mind that he suffers serious survivor's guilt.

I suppose we're meant to think that there's something more to him because he walks on the wild side. He certainly perpetuates the image with a little glee. But I believe that when he's with the little boy... that's when we catch a glimpse of his heart. There's probably something of himself in that boy.

To me he feels like a man who thinks he's living on borrowed time... like someone who thinks he's dying of terminal cancer and has only one month left to live. He doesn't want sympathy, he doesn't want friends or be part of something bigger than himself. He just wants to solve the biggest mystery of his life, go somewhere quiet and die alone.

That's how I see KW as well, at least for now. After watching the 6th episode though, I had this thought that it would be mindblowing if the killers accomplice in the Poongsan Violent Crimes unit is actually KW who just doesn't remember what he's doing. I wouldn't be all to happy if they went in that direction thought it would be crazy thrilling. They are pretty specific by saying that the accomplice works in the Violent Crimes unit, but if it's not NHS then there aren't that many suspects left. Actually I'm more suspicious of the detective that's been assigned to the GTT, who worked with NHS before. I feel like that guy is very quiet, reserved and tries not to stand out too much. I'm betting on him for now.  

14 hours ago, nateko said:

There's no doubt in my mind that our main killer feeds off the fears of people that he targets. And he gets off on seeing them squirm and begging for mercy. But KW was different... assuming that what we saw in the first part of Episode 1 was an accurate account of what happened... KW fought tooth and nail with his captors. He was defiant to the end, kicking and swearing at the culprits. And even when the accomplice was about to cut off his ankle, he managed to fight his way out of it. Now I can only speculate that our killer has some admiration for KW's indomitable fighting spirit and his unusual refusal to cower in the face of horrifying adversity. Anyone else would have fallen into a heap and cried out to be saved etc but KW reacted in a way that was unexpected to him. We are told that our serial killer is a hunter and perhaps he had admiration for his prey that fought back with courage so he set him free to see how the prey would survive the rest of the hunt. 

I think KW's partner was targeted because he was dirty as that would be seen by our killer as as a capitulation to fear... hence a weakness.

2 hours ago, nateko said:

That's how I see KW as well, at least for now. 

I realise that it's necessary to qualify all our statements about KW at this point in time because there are gaps in his knowledge and ours. ;) 

And it would be the biggest twist in Kdramaland this year if KW turns out to be a key member of this anarchistic conspiracy. But KW has blackouts in his memory not complete amnesia so I'm not really inclined to think that he has villainous intentions primarily because of the incredible guilt that he seems to be weighed under. Also I think the show is trying a bit hard to make KW dark around the edges and suspicious in everyone's eyes. I think the same way as KJ... most people think the contradictions in his personality points to his guilt but I think they point to him being a better man than he's been given credit for.

Of course, it wouldn't be first time I was wrong. ;)

voice2.png

[Voice 2] Ep 6 Scary episode with zombies, Kwon Yul tells Lee Ha Na, "Lee Jin Wook is my accomplice"

Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2018

Article: Naver 'Voice 2' "Lee Jin Wook is my accomplice.." Evidence shared with Lee Ha Na

1. [+470,-2]
Is he using Do Kang Woo's memory loss...? I thought today's episode was horror. 

2. [+153,-4]
Do Kang Woo at a disadvantage. He can't remember, and the evidence are all pointing toward him. 

3. [+132,-9]
Seems like he figured out that Lee Jin Wook has another personality, and took a picture of that. 

4. [+87,-3]
This is extremely interesting. 

5. [+62,-6]
I get so immersed in Voice 2 too. It's so fun to watch. Today's episode was scary, but it's a life drama. 

6. [+50,-1]
The scriptwriter of Voice is too good. The way she chooses her the cases for her episodes are excellent. She raises awareness for child molestation crimes, have people be careful of voice phishing. For zombies on drugs, she tells people to avoid drugs. What's next? She's great. Thumbs up. 

7. [+37,-1]
Today's was so scary.. The elevator scene with Bang Je Soo (Kwon Yul). 

7. [+27,-0]
Zombies on drugs.. I got goosebumps. 

8. [+27,-1]
Lee Jin Wook is cool. 

Spoiler

voice22.png

Article: Naver 'Voice 2' Kwon Yul induces fear in viewers,'Evil Voice' …Tension   

1. [+163,-4]
She's going to suspect Lee Jin Wook as the culprit again.. Is she going to be frustrating? 

2. [+96,-8]
The ghost is more scary than Kwon Yul. 

3. [+78,-6]
Kwon Yul is making them not trust each other. It makes viewers confused about who 
the real culprit is, which made it more interesting. 

4. [+21,-0]
Seems like he's cutting off body parts separately and attaching them on the person lying on the bed whom he calls mother. 

5. [+18,-0]
The zombie is scarier than Kwon Yul. 

6. [+15,-1]
Looks like they are describing those people living in the apartment these days!! It may not be a murder scene!! But if anyone! Hears that their family members get cursed, 
they would get angry!!!!! Let's live with respect for each other!!

7. [+12,-0]
The BJ filming part was so scary yesterday. 

8. [+8,-0]
It was so scary seeing Bang Je Soo killing the woman... I think it will get even scarier as it goes..

cr

3 hours ago, AlexandraReid said:

Reveal hidden contents

Article: Naver 'Voice 2' Kwon Yul induces fear in viewers,'Evil Voice' …Tension   

4. [+21,-0]
Seems like he's cutting off body parts separately and attaching them on the person lying on the bed whom he calls mother. 

cr

Oooh, I had this thought as well, that the killer is a Frankenstein in the making. Otherwise it's unclear where he keeps all the body parts. 

And it does seem like the killer has special plans for KW. It's like he wants KW to take a central part in his twisted plan and blame him for everything, that's why he was so upset that KW was starting to get along with the team. Another interesting thing is that the killer's mom worked as a hostess in a bar or something, the neighbors even thought that she prostituted herself. Maybe that played a big part in forming the killer's twisted mind. I'd say that the key to understanding the psycho's motivations as well as the key to his demise is all his mom and her story. Mo Tae Gu became what he was partly because of his father, here we'll likely see how the mother, her job and how the people treated her and her son all contributed to shaping him. 

As a side note, I really enjoyed KW's and KJ's interaction in this episode. They were cute. 

The ghost is too scary to me huhuhu

I cannot handle this horror scene. I just like to watch the bright scene like when KJ delivered the lunch box to KW lol

I dont think Voice is turned out to be supernatural genre either, but what was going on made me so headache. :confounded:

1 hour ago, yessy said:

The ghost is too scary to me huhuhu

I cannot handle this horror scene. I just like to watch the bright scene like when KJ delivered the lunch box to KW lol

I dont think Voice is turned out to be supernatural genre either, but what was going on made me so headache. :confounded:

I don't think it's anything supernatural. The zombie girl might've been forced to take a certain type of drug, that makes people act the way she did - like a zombie. There's this drug called flakka/bath salts/zombie drug that apparently make one act zombie-like. Here's an interesting article on the subject - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/flakka-what-is-it-florida-face-eating-attack-zombie-drug-austin-harrouff-a7195871.html

3 hours ago, nateko said:

Oooh, I had this thought as well, that the killer is a Frankenstein in the making. Otherwise it's unclear where he keeps all the body parts. 

And it does seem like the killer has special plans for KW. It's like he wants KW to take a central part in his twisted plan and blame him for everything, that's why he was so upset that KW was starting to get along with the team. Another interesting thing is that the killer's mom worked as a hostess in a bar or something, the neighbors even thought that she prostituted herself. Maybe that played a big part in forming the killer's twisted mind. I'd say that the key to understanding the psycho's motivations as well as the key to his demise is all his mom and her story. Mo Tae Gu became what he was partly because of his father, here we'll likely see how the mother, her job and how the people treated her and her son all contributed to shaping him. 

As a side note, I really enjoyed KW's and KJ's interaction in this episode. They were cute. 

First I enjoyed kW and kj  too this ep's 

I like your thought about the killer mother, normally when I watch this kind of story I want to know the reason and the story behind psycho but it not the case this time, I think I am more busy trying to understand the our psychopath  detective :joy: no for  real now I am busy with kW back story and his connection with the killer so I guess I will just reading  enjoy everyone  thought about the killer mother this week.

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

There's no doubt in my mind that our main killer feeds off the fears of people that he targets. And he gets off on seeing them squirm and begging for mercy. But KW was different... assuming that what we saw in the first part of Episode 1 was an accurate account of what happened... KW fought tooth and nail with his captors. He was defiant to the end, kicking and swearing at the culprits. And even when the accomplice was about to cut off his ankle, he managed to fight his way out of it. Now I can only speculate that our killer has some admiration for KW's indomitable fighting spirit and his unusual refusal to cower in the face of horrifying adversity. Anyone else would have fallen into a heap and cried out to be saved etc but KW reacted in a way that was unexpected to him. We are told that our serial killer is a hunter and perhaps he had admiration for his prey that fought back with courage so he set him free to see how the prey would survive the rest of the hunt. 

I think KW's partner was targeted because he was dirty as that would be seen by our killer as as a capitulation to fear... hence a weakness.

I realise that it's necessary to qualify all our statements about KW at this point in time because there are gaps in his knowledge and ours. ;) 

And it would be the biggest twist in Kdramaland this year if KW turns out to be a key member of this anarchistic conspiracy. But KW has blackouts in his memory not complete amnesia so I'm not really inclined to think that he has villainous intentions primarily because of the incredible guilt that he seems to be weighed under. Also I think the show is trying a bit hard to make KW dark around the edges and suspicious in everyone's eyes. I think the same way as KJ... most people think the contradictions in his personality points to his guilt but I think they point to him being a better man than he's been given credit for.

Of course, it wouldn't be first time I was wrong. ;)

Actually  I would  said that will never happen but omg  it did happen in kdrams land before  it was the biggest  twists ever since they let that to the end 

Spoiler

I am talking about gods gift  14 days when they made the lead in the last the killer I know they make him correct that but the shock that he was the killer he was fighting against all the drama and his ending i don't want to talk about 

Okay beside that twists  I will think that the killer really just using kW conditions to make him believe he a killer , I think the killer want him to lose it and really do a murder for some reason and for that to happen he need him to lose his big self control that he was using all his life.

By the way i am  enjoying your analysis of what happened that night it good one and it has a big  chance to be right. 

The killer really enjoying 4 things 

1. Killing a dirty police  officer 

2. Make them lose them self in fear and angry and destroy their  soul before killing them ( that why when they kill the team leader they want him to watch himself caus the death of innocent people; to let him suffer  till the end ) 

3. He enjoy collect his victim body part 

4. Really enjoy controling people life and action he acting like God that know what going to happen 

So looking at kW personality and his acting that night and after that he  doesn't fit the killer game  roles he made killing him is useless  that not what the killer want since it destroy  his fun :sweat: so that maybe explain  what you said ( kW not a dirty cop as far as we know he the psychopath  who enjoy only catching criminal  and has zero interested  in money, freinds ,connecting and women and if he has that violence  part he was using  it on psycho criminal so as far we know he don't fit that point either )

But as I wrote before for now I am more with the thoughts  that the killer know him from the past , they sharing  more connection  sure thoughts  will be more clearor change  with each episodes  I like reading different  ideas that making watching this kind of story is the best

8 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Wow  reading it 

tenor.gif  

Wow what words you use "he's living on borrowed time" that a great written  but  sorry i hope you wrong about it , and it just he has trust issued especially  in himself that he don't let people get closer fearing what they will see inside him or fearing they can't accept him and he will be hurt ( he more nor liking himself more then not like other) 

It make me think the person who appear hating everything beautiful , he doesn't hate them he just can't love himself enough to alow himself enjoying them

I apologise for it again it enough to think he maybe psychopath and that crany monster after him and maybe kill him or worse make him a monster so I have no heart to think he also face sickness  death :joy:

Archived