[Drama 2018] Voice 2, 보이스2

Prettysup

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

I read somewhere that she was taking lessons with a voice coach.    

From her interview in the special episode of season 1, she said she takes lesson from an announcer friend for her diction and articulation. Before starting the filming of Voice season 1, she was given enough time to study her character and prepare for it, such as reading newspaper like an announcer everyday. She indeed put a lot of effort to portray KKJ. :thumbsup:

She's so underrated :tears:  Her Soompi page is so quiet. She deserves more recognition though. :( 

1 minute ago, titania1000 said:

Do you have a link?

You can be sure I'm going to try to resurrect this thread!  

You can access her soompi page here. The page was created 11 years ago. But the moderator can't seem to maintain the page, and I've made a shoutout to the moderator to edit the front page, but, to no avail. Please make some contribution. (Sorry to the other if this is out of topic)

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

Meanwhile, ost 4 for Voice 2 have been released: two new songs, for Kang Woo  i assume. 

Definitely, the 2nd one is my favorite!!!

Actually, I also have playlist for any Korean Rock [x] and for Kang Woo's character [x], so I'd add it when it's available on Spotify

I see the preview of final eps: I really want to see more action from Bang Je Soo (hope it'll be more show than Tae Goo's gun fight), it'd be wasted to see he did fitness, have built body, and an ex-UDT marine, but no decent fight. But well, everyone's here aren't Jang Hyuk, no scene can't be compared to his action in the meat house which is like The Raid. But a male audience like me still could hope, right? Haha.

1 minute ago, jouleoppa said:

I see the preview of final eps: I really want to see more action from Bang Je Soo (hope it'll be more show than Tae Goo's gun fight), it'd be wasted to see he did fitness, have built body, and an ex-UDT marine, but no fight. But well, everyone's here aren't Jang Hyuk, no scene can't be compared to his action in the meat house. But a male audience like me still could hope, right? Haha.

There is a glimpse of him fighting the detectives at the hallway in the preview (I think that's police station). OMG, he not only provoke those police but at the same time mock and belittle those good-for-nothing detectives' incompetency. LOL! 

I think the fight might not be as intense as JH in S1, because JH is trained Jeet Kune Do practitioner and former professional taekwondo athlete. He did all the action scene himself. Might not up to JH's par. I am lowering my expectation because this time the villain is not as forceful as MTG, but rather the brainy one. Yet, both are sadistic in their own way. 

Oh, btw.. this episode might blow more wind to the "romance ember" among the viewers. LOL! :joy::sweat_smile:

I just watched some video no the full episode even so that maybe why I am  not understand what going  on  but what going on here ??? all what he did for what in the end ?? So many killers?? Big plan ??? I don't know how I am going to get all the answer in the final episode!!!!!! 

What they planing to do!! We was waited for this killer to show up for everyone?? To have a direct Mental and physical fight  with golden time !!!!! I don't know I guess I will wait to watch it will sub too to try to get if I am missing something or someone here help me where are we standing now ??? 

I watched it raw twice , I have my share of understand Korean but I guess I will leave written about till I watched with sub  

Show us the mysteries people we wait for to kill them of in the same episode i will have to watched it with sub before talking about my feeling.

Here something I write about before I said I will not be surprised even if kW father was innocent or even if was a killer and still a life and anything between too  , and look like I was right to be ready for this, the past is full of lies I think 

14 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I'm making a general answer to everyone: it's easier this way since the arguments are similar a lot. 

There's no offense for me taken in our disagreement: i understand your point of view but i'm also firm in mine and i don't feel my view is  less stronger because it's an unpopular on the thread.

I feel comfortable to express my ideas  and it's mostly due to the fact that you have been all respectfull in the way you conveyed your ideas.:)

On LJW, i've mentionned already that i have seen him in other dramas and wasn't convinced by his acting.. 

Voice 2 was a chance for me to change my perception but it only showed that his acting was indeed limited for my taste.

It became a fact for me and honestly it's not a big deal: we all have actors who don't do it for us and in this case it's not damaging the drama: i never thought i needed to fastfoward his scenes or to give up on watching.

However i maintain, that he was hired for his looks: his character had been sexualized more than necessary ; his shirtless scenes,  the way the PD plays with his sexual chemistry with LHN. I saw on other sites fans comparing Kang Woo to Mo  Tae Gu, a less creepy version of him, and i agree.

The writer tries clearly to exploit the appeal and curiosity that the spark between LHN and KJW has initiated during Voice1. I think it's a failure because KWJ clearly thought throughly how to approach his character and never tried to make him attractive though he gave him his good looks (it was all unintentional and unexpected). I don't see  the same depth in LJW's acting.     

On the chemistry, LHN is a very underrated actress, and one thing about her that people looked over a lot is that she has a lot of chemistry with her male costars. My favourite onscreen relationship for her will always be with Seo In Guk in high School King  of Savvy, but Voice 1 proved how well she can perform too when the stakes are higher, with bigger stars like Jang Hyuk. 

Their chemistry was constant too and far more spectacular than this season imo,  the difference is that the writer really was invested in writing her relationship with Jin Hyuk : their hate/love bond was as intense as the one she had with Mo Tae Gu.

He went from barely containing his rage against her (for disculping the man who he thought killed his wife) to saving her life and becoming her partner and protector. And Kwon Joo absorbed everything he shared with her as her best line in Voice 2 (and the best line of the entire drama) about people filling places between birth and death showed us.

This was also a direct effect of LHN relationship with Jang Hyuk on set: he was a leader for the cast and crew  and a mentor for her  and this trust was naturally translated on screen. 

There was no backstory  as tragic or as powerful between her and Kang Woo and the tension relies mostly on feelings what are induced and staged by the manipulation of the killer. So her inner conflict seems overdramatized just like  her attachment to Kang Woo. I'm mad that she lost her professionalism and stoicism and cried for him while all he had ever done was to spite on the GTT. 

Sure he's enjoying the attention and gifts but he's taking them without any gratefulness, so he clearly doesn't deserve it.     

I'm not blaming fans for enjoying the idea of romance, i did my fair part of it too.:ph34r: 

I'm just pointing the place it has taken in the discussion, not only in this thread but on on other social networks.

I think viewers and fans  are reacting to what the writer is giving them: a plot less exciting  and an an excessive fixation on the male lead (by the PD who is looking for every good angle to shot him  and OCN who is over promoting him).

The proof is in the comparison with the intense  thread for s1 where the discussions near the end were mostly endless theories about the fascinating universe fo the drama, because  we were captivated by the plot. 

I sadly don't feel this for this season.

By the way,  welcome  to the the fans who joined the thread. Better later than never and it's funnier when there's more different point of views.  :)

Pics for ep 11

Well said!

I do agree with you on LJW - he's not too great in acting but I do believe he has improved from the last drama I saw him at - which was a wreck (Good bye Mr. Black) but I think he's way better in action roles but he does romance good too. Honestly, I do think they had a romance story line but with Jin Hyuk and Kwon Joo but when Jang Hyuk said no to the role they had to somehow incorporate a love line between Kang Woo and Kwon Joo. Its a great way to attract the watchers who love crime shows and subtle romance - I don't mind it haha:tounge_wink:

I do also believe LHN is a very underrated actress - she's really good at playing any role/character and really immerses herself in the character. She isn't much publicized I believe but I do think it was because she a long break in between her career but finally has been getting great roles ie. Voice. 

Jang Hyuk has pretty much chemistry with anyone just like LHN and their chemistry was great but as you mentioned Jang Hyuk being a protector off-screen and it showed automatically on-screen - so I kind of personally saw them more as friends for life and people who can relate to each other their happiness and woes - but Jin Hyuk did seem like to take their relationship to next level as he promised his wife that he's gonna move on and give her peace finally. 

So I conclude that JIn Hyuk and Kwon Joo were meant to be this season but because Jang Hyuk declined the offer for the second season - they decided to go with Kang Woo.

And as you said Kwon Joo lost her professionalism by losing her stoic and by crying ( yes she did) - but she reminded me of a good friend who is greatly effected by her team members and really wants the best for them, regardless of her feelings for him, if she has any. Kwon Joo is a great example of a human who can pour her heart and give pieces of it to anyone and not expect anything in return. Kwon Yool's character described her as timid and smart - and does use her brain/hearing ability at the right times but also listened to her heart because her heart is where the answers lie. 

And for OCN promoting LJW - it clearly shows the problem of the network trying to promote their new hero (no offenses to LJW - I do like him haha) and not promote a established actress of the show - Voice - and clearly Voice did work because of her - last season and this season too. Another thing I wanted to point out is that the writer was really great about keeping both the female characters and replacing pretty much all the male characters- Daeshik, dude that moved to Japan (forgot his name lol) etc. Cause usually in shows like this, they end up replacing the females for much more hotter females that can attract the audience.

From the preview of final episode and from the subbed version, 0.01 - 0.02 DKW said "This proves how helpless the police is"

I think beside introducing new era hate crime to the society, this season also aims to call out for the police to revamp their system and catch up with the crime trend. The hierarchy problem among the units was mentioned in Season 1 (crime unit think they are superior than call centre), and this season they showed how much the police agency flawed in every corner, from the personnel to the devices they used. Lack of recurring and regular self-defence / shooting training, friction between units / station wanting to take credits solving the case and devices' security problem. 

The crime is evolving, police should have evolve-minded too. Don't just stick to the rigid, obsolete old way. I think that's the writer wish to convey.  

Well, at least this episode explains about the "exaggerated wiretapping" of the psychopath raised by viewers. The police always bring walkie-talkie with them, and he took advantage of that. Just hacked the codes, and with two-way communication radio, you can listen to everyone talking over the same frequency / channel. No need insider job at all. :relieved:

Ughh, I have so many things in my head to comment on the episode. But, due to some works I will save it for later. I guess I will read perspectives from you guys first :lol: 

Some spoiler clips from OCN on BTS of what will happen in final episode. I guess they found Chief Na behind the wall. But the question still persist - is he still alive? :sweat_smile:

p/s: Lee Hana Unnieeee, we will miss you! Please come back for Season 3! No Voice without you! Please take a good rest! :kiss_wink: 

Okay must creepiest things may happen

1. They take the body part and sell it to creepy people who love to collect things look like we know from were a guy like him has the money to bring the dark network and other things, he was sponsored by Rich people who we may still not know how they too profit from this killers ( so many ways I guess) 

2.kw was not comfortable with the talk about changing the walkie  talkie  in that meeting he feel something off , don't tell  me  it was part from the killers  plan to force the police  to change their equipment and use something  also, okay I am going wild here but I said I am talking about the most creepy things  may happen so crazy idea that some of the killer sponsor will be get profit from this changing!!

3.since we see part of kW memory  of that day 27 years ago when miho was lost and he saw her shoes  with blood his father was still in the garden  with the family cutting the tree so here another creepy idea he wasn't the killer after all someone kill that girl and use the hate and fear from Korean  to make him a killer 

4.okay that the most less crazy idea for today since they show us some hints I am not going wild  from nothing , kW friend is with the killer he was the one who switching his pills from the start ( it crazy they never show us how this two know each other) 

5. Just why the killer focusing on kw he keep calling him by his Japanese  name but why after known the killer age it impossible for him to know kW from his Japan day !! Dont  tell me  it has connect to his mother  craziness about evil spirits or bad blood !! Or his mother death ?? 

Okay I will stop now, why ?? Cause I am making crazy ideas and theories on the day of the last episode  it not like they will have time  to make my ideas come  true, :sweat:

Edit : wow giving a bts  of the final ep before it aired I didn't saw ocn  do that  before !! We hard get  somr stills from it is guess or they giving us so much love or that was a mistake someone will pay  for it :joy:just  joking, thanks for sharing it @ellelyana88  I guess chief na a life he would just burn  the body not hide it , why did all the hard work when it was out that  kw not the killer I guess it was part of his plan to play with chief na card 

By the way they look good in the bts  they work hard I hope they rest well too now:heart:

2 hours ago, nona88 said:

5. Just why the killer focusing on kw he keep calling him by his Japanese  name but why after known the killer age it impossible for him to know kW from his Japan day !! Dont  tell me  it has connect to his mother  craziness about evil spirits or bad blood !! Or his mother death ?? 

Actually there was translation error from the subbers (actually there were some other errors a bit here and there too, but negligible). But BJS age is actually 34 not 24 as subbed. Agent Park clearly said "Soreun-ne sal" which means 34, not "Semul-ne sal" (24). 

I was wondering too why they zoom-out at KW informant friend at Poongsan Officetel . But, yeah, I will just wait whether it hint to something he do behind KW knowledge or is it just directing method to show he can't help from there (it's police work). Last time, before I joined this discussion board, I was suspicious of the Galsun Chicken lady, and when the dating violence episode came out, I feel like I have seen the facial feature of the nurse who inject Barbiturate somewhere. But because of the blurry face due to near-fainting scene, I didn't think further. Apparently, she is indeed the same person! So, your doubt about KW friend @nona88 , is legit at this point. Gosh, this season is making us doubt and distrust like almost everyone. :joy:

Archived