[Drama 2018] Voice 2, 보이스2

Prettysup

Okay... I get it... KW does seem to behave suspiciously and he does have blackouts BUT why do people not feel evenly the slightest bit suspicious that there's so much evidence just lying out there waiting to implicate him? If he's so bright why is he leaving a trail so that he can be caught? And why is he suddenly killing Chief Na out in the open on a boat? After 3 years of obvious enmity between the two men? Doesn't anyone even wonder about any of that? I'm now even suspicious of the doctor friend of KJ.

KJ is a really good-hearted sort. She is really a cop that wants to help people and save lives... do all the right things that we expect of our law enforcement officials... and be reasonable. Even though she didn't need to, she apologized to KW for not trusting him. I think she had reason to be suspicious and she was bombarded by a barrage of so-called facts from all sides which caused her mind to go into a spin. But at the end of the day she did prove that she is different. She listened and heard. Her voice talents are an added advantage that she has over others. She was able to take herself out of the fray momentarily and to hear the voice behind the words.

I've been watching a lot C investigative dramas of late (too many and revisiting old ones) and there's one thing they all keep harping on... the importance of evidence... that everything needs to be backed-up by evidence. However the reality is that "evidence" in and of itself is only one aspect of a whole range investigative tools. Pieces of a much bigger puzzle. Evidence accumulated can point to a bigger story but as we have seen here... it can be tampered with and manipulated. As we saw, Chief Na's blood was found in KW's flat but it doesn't tell the observer how it got there or why it was left there. The evidence planted there was meant to play on the assumption or the belief that people will assume the guilt of the man who lives there because it is the obvious and expected thing to do.

I've said from the start that the overabundance of evidence pointing to KW has been suspicious from the start. There are two competing types of evidence in the show. The one that cast suspicion on KW... the obvious stuff: his fight with his former partner, the blackouts, his family history. But the evidence is incomplete and cherry-picked to create a particular portrait. Then there's evidence that there's someone in the background manipulating things that emerges if you look at the scenario from a different set of lenses. KW for the most part believes himself innocent and persecuted so he can see the shadow behind the evidence and a different trail. Even KJ could catch a glimpse of things in that light that she was willing to take that step of faith.

Three Sherlock Holmes quotes:

‘How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains,

however improbable, must be the truth?"

‘I ought to know by this time that when a fact appears to be opposed to a long train of deductions it invariably proves to be capable of bearing some other interpretation.’

“It is a capital mistake to theorize in advance of the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.“

Coincidentally I was just re-reading the Norwood Builder the other night for the umpteenth time, and that's another case of all the evidence pointing in one direction that confirms the guilt of the man but the criminal overdoes it and that leads Holmes to rethink the entire case.

What's really terrifying me about the scenario here with Bang Je Soo is that someone here can so easily lead the police to look elsewhere while he's cooking up something else much worse over here. It's the sort of false flag type operation you'd expect from the alphabet soup intelligence community around the world but this guy whose sanity is very much in doubt is obviously into something big while having the expertise and resources to do so much damage.

I suppose we can all say that KW should have told KJ from the start. But you know, I can understand why he didn't. Because he was afraid that if he told her about his blackouts she would pull the plug on the whole thing and he desperately needed someone to trust him. Someone besides his informant that he could talk to, not to mention accessing the immense resources of the GTT. He didn't know her well enough to believe she would trust him... and really, who can blame her if she didn't. I think he was really waiting for the right time when enough facts were gathered that were of substance to prove that he was on the right track to finally tell her about his medical condition. He was between a rock and a hard place... the world was against him and she threw him a life line. 

I'm kind of glad that they're keeping it to 12 episodes especially if that's all is needed to tell this story. Most Korean dramas just don't know when to stop. It's always much better to go out on a high and leave people wanting more.

Okay, these are just some initial thoughts. Got to go... will be back again tomorrow. But I wanted to get these down first.

3 hours ago, AlexandraReid said:

im a fan of him since he participated in SBS drama Return, theres no doubt that he's a talented actor. i just wish they could do longer ep, probably 20? cause 12 - 16 eps seems not enough for me to see his hotness lol :sweat_smile:

If you like LJU, try Nine... the first time I ever saw him in anything. And it's a fascinating drama on so many levels. Voice 2 would be my 5th drama of his. :D

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched ep 10. I find it easier to watch since now I know LJW

is joining season 3, which means he is not a psycho split personality cop on long term drugs. Somehow it bugged me very much earlier thinking the hero could be a maniac. I just hope they won’t leave us with an open ending this season. 

I just hope they won’t leave us with an open ending this season. 

@Prettysup  They can leave us the main maniac (?) - who has just arrived from Japan. Dear Daddy? :huh:

45 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

If you like LJU, try Nine... the first time I ever saw him in anything. And it's a fascinating drama on so many levels. Voice 2 would be my 5th drama of his. :D

When I was watching it I told abt it so much that my colleague, who never watches K-drama at all, decided to make an exception and watched it. Then she told so much abt it that even her husband watched Nine :D

I try to be restrained with the talking of Voice2... but it's enough hard thing :joy:

I really happy when a drama thread move fast, it means something great happen in a drama, just like in this thread <3

I love you all guys <3

Read all of your diverse thought really enrich my view on this drama, and reading it become something addictive hahaha

Plus: LHN is amazing isnt she? She is the same person who play Jung Sooyoung in HSKOS 

9 hours ago, meon said:

@Prettysup  They can leave us the main maniac (?) - who has just arrived from Japan. Dear Daddy? :huh:

When I was watching it I told abt it so much that my colleague, who never watches K-drama at all, decided to make an exception and watched it. Then she told so much abt it that even her husband watched Nine :D

I try to be restrained with the talking of Voice2... but it's enough hard thing :joy:

Haha If you guys like LJW try watching Goodbye Mr. Black - a very weird show with Lee Jin Wook's great romance.:joy:

4 hours ago, msaamia said:

So who else thought Kwon Joo almost feeling something when she saw Kang Woo smile while looking at the lunchbox? :heart:

I'm totally ready for next week and season 3:tounge_wink:

Heh, maybe. I noticed that they had their own small smile during the past scene. But I felt like she was more concerned about him and knowing more about his condition in the present.

13 hours ago, meon said:

I try to be restrained with the talking of Voice2... but it's enough hard thing 

I love Nine too, my most favourite K-dramas of all time.

About Season 3, since LJW is returning, my guess is all his current blackouts are a result of some drugs which the villain planned and spiked into the ones he has been taking. Because I cannot imagine them allowing a guy with random blackouts to remain in the police force for season 3.

finally theres someone trans for this :blush:

voice3.png

In DRAMA

[Voice] Season 3 confirmed with Lee Ha Na and Lee Jin Wook

Posted on Monday, September 10, 2018

Article: Naver 'Voice 2' Lee Ha Na  Lee Jin Wook together in Voice 3...filming by end of the year

1. [+328,-6] 
ㅠㅠ I want to watch Season 3 quickly. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+129,-4]
Great!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah!!!!! I compliment this article!! An article like this can be labelled as exclusive too. 

3. [+123,-24]
Let's have Jang Hyuk in Season 3 together!!!! 

4. [+61,-6]
Ha.. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Why am I supposed to wait till season 3? ㅠㅠㅠ  I want to see the chemistry between Lee Ha Na and Lee Jin Wook quickly. ㅠㅠㅠ This weekend is the last episode.. Ha.. I will make the viewer ratings 10%ㅠ!!!!!!!!!! (I'm mobilizing all my friends.)

5. [+38,-6]
Oh yeah!!!!! Let's go, Do Kang Woo. 

6. [+13,-0]
Hyuk oppa, don't go fishing at Alaska, come and film Voice 3. 

7. [+13,-0]
Great!! Oh yeah! I thought that this season was ending too quickly and felt it was a pity. ㅎㅎ Season 3 go go~~ 

8. [+15,-5]
I'm becoming a giraffe while waiting~~~Lee Jin Wook fighting!

9. [+10,-0]
Where's Jang Hyuk? ㅠ

10. [+10,-0]
Please don't end season 2 awkwardly just because season 3 is confirmed. 

cr

7 hours ago, msaamia said:

Haha If you guys like LJW try watching Goodbye Mr. Black - a very weird show with Lee Jin Wook's great romance

Tnx :)   but I've already watched all his dramas since 2006 and all his movies except Road to Utah and this year's High Society. That is why I want his new dramas very much :unsure:  movies too :D 

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

About Season 3, since LJW is returning, my guess is all his current blackouts are a result of some drugs which the villain planned and spiked into the ones he has been taking. Because I cannot imagine them allowing a guy with random blackouts to remain in the police force for season 3.

I had a assumption that he was given drugs in meds. In fact, he does not need medicines, but he was persuaded of it in some way and put on drugs. When the pills ends, he simply has abstinence, but he thinks it's because he is ill and does not take the pills.

That woman-doctor seemed me suspicious and her explanations looked like suggestion.

OCN confirmed Voice 3 but it seems LHN and LJW are under discussion only. Please correct if I am wrong.

Let's say LHN and LJW will join season 3, then I dont think JH will be included, because the writer should be superb to write for these 3 great actors not to lose anyone with their strong character. See what she did to KJ this season , KJ becomes fade /less charming compared to DW, or only me who think so?

back to the drama s2, yes ep 10 was too good, the rating said it all. I am happy that it rebounced back to a tight and tense plot, but I doubt if the ending will be satisfying, the wrap up shall be amazing.

for the romance, i felt it too, haha. maybe just some sentences will show their "feelings" to each other in ep 12, but its enough for us to imagine lol.

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

Amen to that:thumbsup:: it's the only way to make Voice 3 as good as Voice 1.

Otherwise, it will be a tedious drama like this season,  though i prefer Kwon Joo and LHN back in an average drama than no Kwon Joo or LHN at all.-_-

I still get my hope high: the filming has been delayed to the end of  this year which opens a larger window for Jang Hyuk to join the cast, if he decided to.:w00t:

Amen , my hope can be in sky but I am  trying to control it , since i can't be heartbroken again 

On 9/10/2018 at 11:56 AM, nateko said:

Now if only JH would join then I'd die in peace. 

I can die in peace too :love:

However, it will be hard to endure LJW again as a lead unless his character  goes through a massive change of personality. This season  has  progressively lead me to dislike him more and more, and ep 10 basically broke the camel back. I can't anymore with his self centredeness, his lack of empathy and his incapacity to show doubt.  

That's why the  only compromise would be for me to have him  back as a simple villain (which i still have hope for because ep 10 left a lot of questions unanswered) and to bring back Jang Hyuk as a the real lead.

Dear let bring jh back and he will handle the change in kW character he good at this part :joy: but If I get right from the news they shorted season 2 cause the story larger from ending with ep 16 ( we saw that they bring so many mystery  players just this two weeks) so the deal  was like that the really story and fight will be continued in a larger  scale in season  3 so it will be like season 3 will be continued to the same fight , fighting this mysteries  people that use hate in people to make crime so the masked man just one piece of a larger game as we understand now , so they may not need so much change in kW personality  it will be like a few days not year  to see a major change but for sure now he will be more open and have trust, faith and teamwork with the golden time ( they win it by standing by his side now) 

But we can see major change if jh Is back , I said that from week 3 I will love see kW, jh and kj in the same season that will be my best drama 

I'm suffering a huge withdrawal of his scenes with Kwon Joo. But,  be it at bestfriends or bestfriends turned lovers, i don't care. Just bring him  back and give me scenes like the ones where he ran to save her from being buried alive, the look on her face when he hold her after he opened the bag, the intimacy in the car when he drove her home after capturing the bad guy,  how he cared about her when she was attacked by Mo Tae Gu, the quiet and irrevocable trust when they looked at each other on the rooftop  when they teamed to fool Mo Tae Gu.

The writer shouldn't have teased us like that: i was ready to move on and now i'm trapped in this relationship!:bawling: 

Me too,  why you talk about this little scenes that made the best bond in drama land!! Why making me back to this feeling!! They still there never leaving  but I am just trying to not admit it since it painful :heartbreak: the writer was like us wanted this two to keep being together more , I know how much he loved jh character  and his connection to kj,  I understand Jang Hyuk as actor  and understand his choice but I would really be thankful to him if he back and act his amazing jh character  again , it will be the best gift but for that to happen the writer have to  give him a major  plot  something will make him feel he can give more to jh  character  and that it will be added to the drama and him as actor  I hope that happen for our poor souls ( jack Hyuk  fighting a hate crimes  in season 3 us so interesting, Korean have suffered this kind of crimes too , dear writter written two  seasons  in the same time is hard I wish you did leave season 3 for next year maybe that will stop all the weak point in season 2 , ) 

I am happy they will take time off till end of the year I would like to see this drams now but I know what the price from rushing written and shooting 

And sorry for cutting your post about ep 10 I agree with the point you wrote about and there so many answers that maybe be left for season 3 I guess , but at least ep 10 was improve from the last 3 ep's I loved so much that I was okay letting go so many things 

But one things that  bother me you know dark network is the highest level it not something you can hacked easy even with the best hacker's  and best progerms it still hard and take time ( long time) it network  that used by highest criminal  sometimes  even the best people in federal lose fight against it since it has higher security and if you catch trying to get it the network will delete itself  ( sorry I had watched  so many American series and moive about that) 

So here my problem agent jin  maybe be the most genius computer man in the world but he leave the call centre and get to his house and hacked  that network  like in 10 minutes?? More 20 minutes?? From the moment he talk  to kj to the moment  he did that I will extcilty know the time next week since they will wrote it with the end of the hostage  situation 

but as I said I liked ep 10 so much , and I survived time problem in season 1 before, it  just bother me since we talking about the network that was controling the police from the start of drama , that no joking  matter. 

Edit ; I hope next week they show some logics in that why not like using the idea that he asked for help from so many hacker's friends!!!

@nateko thank for the new stills, next two weeks will be about the masked man after all so maybe it his end in this season and all the hidden  mystery killers  they had being show up will  continue the game 

14 hours ago, meon said:

Tnx :)   but I've already watched all his dramas since 2006 and all his movies except Road to Utah and this year's High Society. That is why I want his new dramas very much :unsure:  movies too :D 

I had a assumption that he was given drugs in meds. In fact, he does not need medicines, but he was persuaded of it in some way and put on drugs. When the pills ends, he simply has abstinence, but he thinks it's because he is ill and does not take the pills.

That woman-doctor seemed me suspicious and her explanations looked like suggestion.

Haha no problem:)

Actually the problem with him I feel like is that he takes too many of the meds he is being given. Tegretol treats bipolar disorder and seizures - so it helped him for that but what he does is that he over eats them and finishes them way before hand and then has none. He should be a strict schedule of eating them but I don't think he does that. Another issue with Tegretol it can increase the ideation of suicide and behavior changes can occur so thus the weird behavior. 

32 minutes ago, msaamia said:

Actually the problem with him I feel like is that he takes too many of the meds he is being given.

And one thing else - we see that Chief Na was poisoned with some spider. If smth like this used time to time towards KW, who knows how such 'mix' with meds affects to his behavior and consciousness?

What is actually the cause of his hallucinations?  

Really a bipolar disorder?

When he lost consciousness at home and lying on the floor beside him was a bottle of water, and we saw the bottle of water which was offered to Chief Na...  And we saw from the hidden camera that unknown man came to home when KW was absent.

That was the villain who left bottles of poisoned water because of which KW had hallucinations and seizures? KW had hallucinations exactly after drinking water.

Maybe THIS is the real cause of his problems?

a3c7f95706b9.jpg

5c747909a689.jpg

6 hours ago, meon said:

And one thing else - we see that Chief Na was poisoned with some spider. If smth like this used time to time towards KW, who knows how such 'mix' with meds affects to his behavior and consciousness?

What is actually the cause of his hallucinations?  

Really a bipolar disorder?

When he lost consciousness at home and lying on the floor beside him was a bottle of water, and we saw the bottle of water which was offered to Chief Na...  And we saw from the hidden camera that unknown man came to home when KW was absent.

That was the villain who left bottles of poisoned water because of which KW had hallucinations and seizures? KW had hallucinations exactly after drinking water.

Maybe THIS is the real cause of his problems?

That could be it - something in the water or honestly I feel like he could be given doses of Tegretol that are not applicable to him or Kwon Yool has been giving him super high doses of benzo/ barbiturates during the time of the cases that he wants attention to Kang Woo. But you're idea of something in the water is worth looking into cause Kwon Yool does have access to his house. Or another theory as you mentioned is that Kwon Yool working with Kang Woo's doctor and he hasn't been getting the right medication but some different med in a high dose. 

Archived