Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Tomorrow Is Sunny as Well / Sunny Again Tomorrow, 내일도 맑음

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, darr said:

And HN is a fool to follow HG'S mum. Why must she follow her to an isolated place. Can't she tell her to talk to her there as she isn't going anywhere. Girl, have some pride. It still won't stop HG from loving u. For once defy that woman and let heaven fall. Oh, I forgot, she is JH daughter. Case closed:lol:

 

It's not just that it's in HN's nature to obey. It's also that HG's mother is HG"s mother. HN doesn't want to see a schism between HG and his mother. She values the mother-child relationship. Especially having grown up in with a loving mom, it probably horrifies her to think of a child rejecting his mother and vice versa. Now that she knows that her birth mother may have rejected her, that feeling of not wanting to estrange a mother-child relationship is probably even more compounded.

 

But, the reality is that HG's mother will always be HG's mother, and thus HN will do what she can to accede to the mother, even if the mother disparages her and harangues her.  Despite her disappointment, HN can't bring herself to vilify HG's mother because she's the mother of the man she loves, and so HN will continue to accord the mother respect and be mindful of her.

 

I don't know that this is right nor wrong, however, this is seen as a virtue that is slowly being lost in Korean culture. The virtue of the child basically sucking up what a parent may do to the child, even when the parent is being unreasonable, for the sake of being able to improve the relationship in the future. Of course, a parent can and will be wrong on any number of issues. But, there is a right way and a wrong way to tackle the problem, especially for longer term harmony. Btw, I'm not talking about actual abuse here, especially any form of child abuse which is seen as being terrible with laws against that strengthening in Korea as well.

 

Having said all that, I am so relieved that HG will continue to love HN. And, I hope that HN develops enough conviction to realize that she loves HG enough to work the problem from by his side rather than continue to push him away. At the end of the day, if she sees that he will always love her as much as she will always love him, then together, they will be able to overcome the objections to their relationship. Especially, since at this point, it's just 1 person who is still against it rather than both of their entire families or anything like that.

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor HN was even offering her face to be slapped by HG's horrible mum.:(

 

If I were HN, I'd yell at her ,"You can keep your son! I DONT WANT TO HAVE A MOTHER-IN-LAW LIKE YOU!":D

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I knew she would not be happy with him moving out but  honesty I though she would be more angry lol

Honest, I am surprised at Korean Household, unlike Europe and US, the sons and daughters stay at home till old age, they even get married - like Hanna and Leo, SH and Kwang, DG and JE - and stay at the same house with the parents. It is strange. I guess it applies to some Asian countries, I think China too.

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@joke lanfoo I feel more sorry for HG than HN. HN can go home to kind EA and awesome SR while HG even if he moves out is stuck for life with such an unreasonable selfish mother. Also HG currently has no emotional support from anyone, he does not even have a friend to complain or rant to. He is alone against an unsolvable situation. And the woman he loves is continuously breaking his heart and he cannot even blame her for it. :(

  • Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, selen4ever said:

@joke lanfoo I feel more sorry for HG than HN. HN can go home to kind EA and awesome SR while HG even if he moves out is stuck for life with such an unreasonable selfish mother. Also HG currently has no emotional support from anyone, he does not even have a friend to complain or rant to. He is alone against an unsolvable situation. And the woman he loves is continuously breaking his heart and he cannot even blame her for it. :(

 

@selen4ever I certainly agree with you. Our poor guy looks so helpless and defeated! Which is why he keeps going to HN's house as he could feel the WARMTH that her family is having!:lol: 

 

I guess he kept away from his friends after what his mum did to him after the baseball incident. 

I am wondering why cant Leo give him some emotional support by just talking to him?:angry:

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, joke lanfoo said:

I am wondering why cant Leo give him some emotional support by just talking to him?:angry:

I think Leo is the type who just does not interfere in others' matters.  If he is pulled into anything, he will do the right thing. And no obvious "wrong" is being committed right now for him to get involved either.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About yesterday's episode, the evil witch SH became extra jittery and kept SNAPPING at her son, husband and her mother during meal time & then stormed off without finishing her food.:ph34r:

From Grandma's facial expression, I can tell that she's SMELLING A BIG FAT RAT!:tounge_xd:

 

  • Like 7
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joke lanfoo said:

About yesterday's episode, the evil witch SH became extra jittery and kept SNAPPING at her son, husband and her mother during meal time & then stormed off without finishing her food.:ph34r:

From Grandma's facial expression, I can tell that she's SMELLING A BIG FAT RAT!:tounge_xd:

 

The grannie is no fool. She knows SH very well. I hope she discovers  something 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally finished watching episode 106, so now the preview makes more sense for me. HG's mother went on a hunger fast as a protest towards HG moving out. I'm glad that he sees through her, however. And, in the preview, HG's mother was sneaking some food and breaking her fast. I've also changed the preview translation that I had posted previously.

 

So, HG's father had previously told HG's mother that she should just give in and accept HN's relationship. When HG's mother wondered out loud whether HG is moving out so that he could set up house with HN, HG's father was the one who defended HN saying that even if HG wanted to do that, HN was too well brought up to do that. LOL. So, HG's father is defending HN now. HG's mother, of course, immediately asked how HG's father could know how well brought up HN was and whether he was implying that HG wasn't well brought up, to which HG's father just sheepishly demurred. Still, at least HG's father is now actively defending HN, even if it's not a completely vigorous defense. Also, Han Na is pretty much telling her mother to acknowledge HG's relationship. And, Leo has always been on board, so HG's mother is the only hold out.

 

So, I think that HG is getting support from his family in his quest to have the relationship that he wants to have. I don't think he's completely alone on this any more, even if he's feeling too reserved to discuss it too much with anyone. HG and his father seem to have completely made up from their earlier scene, and I think HG knows that his father accepts HN.

 

Also, who knows if HG and Leo are talking. We are not privy to every conversation that happens to the characters, so it wouldn't surprise me if Leo and HG have had talks about it. HG knows that LEO is supportive of his and HN's relationship anyway. Leo even helped to arrange for the lunch where HN and Han Na made amends as well.

 

Another thing in the preview that started making a bit more sense to me is the scene where HN sees YR apparently begging with a loan shark. Now that YR knows that HN is the true heiress, I can imagine that she'll try to get into HN's good graces somehow, and setting up an encounter for HN to witness which invokes HN's sympathies is probably the best way to get HN to soften up to her, not to mention the whole working in a convenience store which was something that HN had to do so much of before the Ha Nui Apparel gig. The reason that I don't think the loan shark scene is real is that YR tore up the envelope of money that SH had given her. If a loan shark was seriously on YR's tail, I doubt YR would have torn up the money. I think she would have taken it to stave off the loan shark while she plotted to get more.

 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hczabala_7758 said:

I think there’s still one button of SH jacket at scene where she pushed EA down the stair right?

they did make a big point of showing us that in the flashback

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, hczabala_7758 said:

I think there’s still one button of SH jacket at scene where she pushed EA down the stair right?

All together the coat had 3 buttons on each sleeve. One was still attached to the coat in which SH removed and now JH has it. JE has the one she took out of EA's case. The third button is still a mystery of where it could be. If YR had it she would used it by now to prove to SH she actually saw what happen. I'm taking a wild guess here. The police don't have it because they would have asked about it. There were two people not at the boutique that day. JH and HG's mother. JH didn't know anything about the button so that leaves HG's mother. It's possible she came back going through the alley and saw the button and picked up. All three buttons are in someone else's hand leaving  SH with the 3 still attached to one sleeve of the coat. I think the unattached 3 buttons will end up in the hands of one person and that person will be JH. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U know @stroppyse, what happens after marriage? If she can't set the table straight now, it will be very hard in the future and HG will end up doing what HN is afraid of in the first place.

So why not nail it now respectfully.

This is a proven nugget of life,when someone constantly harasses you, one day surprise the person . These two things will surely happen.

Either the person  leave you alone and mind his biz or he will make u his friend for life with lots of respect.

 

I do understand where u are coming from as Korea is a peculiar country.

 

HG dad can't control his wife. She goes about fighting and disgracing her family everywhere.

She want an affluent lifestyle and feel that since she was a stay at home mum that her children should be her investment so they don't have a life except the one she carved out for them. So happy they disappointed her.

I'm so tired of watching her scenes. She is kill joy.

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HG said HN is so mean :joy:

 

She knows she care look at her reaction, even ask him again is he really moving out.

 

I I think she understands more and more how much he  loves her because this is a major step.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, darr said:

U know @stroppyse, what happens after marriage? If she can't set the table straight now, it will be very hard in the future and HG will end up doing what HN is afraid of in the first place.

So why not nail it now respectfully.

This is a proven nugget of life,when someone constantly harasses you, one day surprise the person . These two things will surely happen.

Either the person  leave you alone and mind his biz or he will make u his friend for life with lots of respect.

 

 

I agree that is one way of handling it, but it depends on the circumstances. It's the same as saying that there are battles you fight and battles you don't. Frankly, HN isn't convinced that a life with HG is a battle that she wants yet, obviously. At the same time, she doesn't want to harm him or his family in any way, including with any perceived disrespect. It may not be the way I would approach the problem, but I am saying that I can understand it.

 

And, also, it's a 2 way thing. This drama actually tackles a lot of conventional thinking in Korea that has been slowly changing over the years. For instance, with Leo and Han Na's marriage, where Leo is a successful Westerner who is choosing to come to Korea to make his life with Han Na. Even a decade ago, I'm not sure this story line would have been written that way. 2 decades ago, and any story line involving romance with a foreigner, especially a Westerner, would have ended in a tragedy for the woman.

 

With HN, she's actually acting in a respectful way that young women are supposed to act. Rather, it's HG's mother who is being unreasonable. As a daily drama, this drama is targeted at a majority of Korean housewives and ajummas, remember. So, it's one of their own really that is being shown to be unreasonable to a well brought up young woman, albeit from a poor family. I actually think it's directly attacking a culture of having to marry money in order to be a success with this and other romances. As Korea (and the world) becomes ever more materialistic, I think the drama is tackling that question of whether it's material wealth above all that's most important.

 

36 minutes ago, darr said:

I do understand where u are coming from as Korea is a peculiar country. 

 

True that. :D

 

37 minutes ago, darr said:

HG dad can't control his wife. She goes about fighting and disgracing her family everywhere.

She want an affluent lifestyle and feel that since she was a stay at home mum that her children should be her investment so they don't have a life except the one she carved out for them. So happy they disappointed her.

I'm so tired of watching her scenes. She is kill joy.

 

The wife being so dismissive of the husband seems also to a relatively modern phenomenon, and very much tied to the man's financial ability. Korea is traditionally a very patriarchal, very male chauvinistic society, but the dramas lately seem to indicate that a lot of that has broken down. For what it's worth, there have been a number of articles in Korean newspapers and magazines which also decry the status of the Korean husband/father. Then again, I have to say I prefer the kinder, gentler fathers as depicted by HG's father and JE's father versus the domineering tyrants that are also so commonly depicted.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joke lanfoo said:

I guess he kept away from his friends after what his mum did to him after the baseball incident. 

What did she do? [I forgot]

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aeri4e9 said:
7 hours ago, joke lanfoo said:

I guess he kept away from his friends after what his mum did to him after the baseball incident. 

What did she do? [I forgot]

 

I have wondered about this too.  I saw many people here talking about it.  What was the big crime she committed on HG, that affected him so much? 

 

I had pretty much fast forwarded through the first 30 odd episodes, and probably even missed some portions or episodes.  But I saw her telling the doctor how important it was for him to play baseball and become famous or something like that (and he had a drop of tear on his face, lying in the hospital bed)...  But what exactly did she do that was so bad?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jayakris said:

 

I have wondered about this too.  I saw many people here talking about it.  What was the big crime she committed on HG, that affected him so much? 

 

I had pretty much fast forwarded through the first 30 odd episodes, and probably even missed some portions or episodes.  But I saw her telling the doctor how important it was for him to play baseball and become famous or something like that (and he had a drop of tear on his face, lying in the hospital bed)...  But what exactly did she do that was so bad?

When he was in the hospital she was throwing a tantrum about his career  ad making it all about her did not care that he was hurt.

 

They did not know he heard everything.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...