[Drama 2018] Tomorrow Is Sunny as Well / Sunny Again Tomorrow, 내일도 맑음

0ly40

The clips at the CBS site are again only for 20 minutes of the episode.  They look pretty bad, so I need to wait till the episode comes up at some site.  The writer seems to be in no mood to let HN and HG have some peace in their relationship.  I thought the tantrum from HG's mom would be somewhat light, but the writer is making it as a big deal.  Even JH did not know what to really do, and HG's mom hardly softened when JH showed up after she pushed EA down.  The expected help from her husband because HN is his sabunim's daughter, is also not coming yet.  This is a big mess now, and it was sad to see HG even cry after his dad slapped him.

I assume HN's "let us break up" is at the end of the episode, and that HG will not agree at the start of the next episode.  I don't think there will be any real breakup. Just pain for poor HN and HG.

Meanwhile, JE is digging her own hole deeper and deeper.  She is already talking back to DG's dad and telling him that even she will only misunderstand his relationship with EA if he keeps saying they are like family and all that.  Man, the woman is asking for huge trouble now.  DG seemed to come in and scream at her but the CBS clip doesn't have the rest.   Waiting for the full episode to see how that went.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

So with JE crying crocodile tears in front of SH & blaming everything on HN, I wont be surprised this evil duo will hatch another evil plan to get HN & family kicked out of their house.:triumph:

They dont really have time for many more evil schemes lol.

:triumph: i knew it! the writer is stringing all of us along, dragging the birth secret, giving more screen time to the other couples (JH-JG; DG-JE) except for our OTP! they're going to wait until the last week to reveal the birth secret and rush the ending for our OTP.  :frown::heartbreak: the writing is getting bad.  so much emphasis and screen time to the evil machinations of the supporting cast.  almost everyone who started out as good characters has become bad.  i'm going to hate HN if she really push for that break up.  goodness! it's just 20 episodes left and they're going that route????   thanks for the recaps and previews, i'll know when to avoid wasting my time on an episode. :persevere:

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

The clips at the CBS site are again only for 20 minutes of the episode.  They look pretty bad, so I need to wait till the episode comes up at some site.  The writer seems to be in no mood to let HN and HG have some peace in their relationship.  I thought the tantrum from HG's mom would be somewhat light, but the writer is making it as a big deal.  Even JH did not know what to really do, and HG's mom hardly softened when JH showed up after she pushed EA down.  The expected help from her husband because HN is his sabunim's daughter, is also not coming yet.  This is a big mess now, and it was sad to see HG even cry after his dad slapped him.

I assume HN's "let us break up" is at the end of the episode, and that HG will not agree at the start of the next episode.  I don't think there will be any real breakup. Just pain for poor HN and HG.

Meanwhile, JE is digging her own hole deeper and deeper.  She is already talking back to DG's dad and telling him that even she will only misunderstand his relationship with EA if he keeps saying they are like family and all that.  Man, the woman is asking for huge trouble now.  DG seemed to come in and scream at her but the CBS clip doesn't have the rest.   Waiting for the full episode to see how that went.

Thank God I didn't watch

it is the worst episode. I can't stand all this

HG doesn't deserve this. Even HN is leaving him. 

I used to like HN but now I no longer like her. She is ready to give up on HG just like that.

The only good character in this drama for me now is HG.

I like Eunae, JH, JG too, and Leo of course. But really this is too much :( I even started to like the grandmother compared to the others

I doubt HG will agree to break up with HN given to his personality. But, I am very sure HN will try to avoid him at all cost and maybe she will take off the ring. So cute of HG sang a wake up call and recorded it on HN's handphone, but the saddest moment was when HN asked HG to break up. It hurts too much to watch this scene.... I rarely crying when watching any sad scenes in any dramas unless that scene is touched my heart and really painful then I will cry. In this scene HN a.k.a Seol In A finally did a very good job in showing her emotional side. It kinda feels real! It feel like both the actors are not in acting mode; like they are in real life and dating, but then they have to break up.

JH NEED TO GIVE A LESSON TO HG's MOM IN THE NEXT EPISODE! THAT IS ALL I WANT. I HOPE WRITER-NIM MAKE DG AND HIS FATHER TO SEE MORE OF JE's REAL CHARACTER FOR UPCOMING EPISODES. I AM SICK TO SEE DG COMPLETELY BLIND IN LOVE WITH JE! SICK TOO MUCH UNTIL I TOLD TO MYSELF “WHY CAN'T THIS MAN THINK STRAIGHT, HUH? IS HE STILL A KID WHO DOESN'T EVEN KNOW TO COMPARE BETWEEN GOOD AND BAD? WHAT THE HELL?!”

I love the scene of our OTP in the car in ep 98. After being humiliated by Drama Queen, I really admire HN for being so mature. She didn't bear any grudges against her and encouraged HG to return home for his mum's birthday dinner.

She even told him the best way for them to win his mum over is by the soft approach. She even held his hand and promised to be with him. HG was clearly TOUCHED by her and loves her even more! :wub:

How can HG ever let such a lovely (in heart as well as looks), kind hearted and good nature girl go? :dissapointed_relieved:

28 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Thank God I didn't watch

it is the worst episode. I can't stand all this

HG doesn't deserve this. Even HN is leaving him

The good thing about its being the worst episode is that tomorrow can only get better.  The name of the drama should be "Sunny, Maybe Tomorrow" because it is certainly not sunny today, and on most days. 

But I am pretty sure HN is not going to leave HG.  The thing is that the writer has again brought it to a point where we have no clue what will happen next.  None of the many things we keep hoping to happen is happening - like JH really taking a stronger stand against her employee, or HG's dad trying to do something because he respects his "sabunim".  Even JG is being a milder FIL character towards JE.  And JE is offering to JH that she will do the HN-related work for JH, and she is also running out of the house after arguing with DG.   JE is back to her psycho mental state, and is not even doing things that will help her own evil causes.  And then HN and EA are trying to keep each other from feeling sad (and that crap drives me up the wall, all the time).  Anyway, no clue about what any of these people will do next.  This writer is so devious...

18 minutes ago, meoooooowwww said:

JH NEED TO GIVE A LESSON TO HG's MOM IN THE NEXT EPISODE! THAT IS ALL I WANT. I HOPE WRITER-NIM MAKE DG AND HIS FATHER TO SEE MORE OF JE's REAL CHARACTER FOR UPCOMING EPISODES.

I don't think JH will do anything too harsh yet.  She has already been wondering, while talking to JE in the hallway, if she has come forward too much to interfere, by talking to HG.  She may only pull back.  That is unless HG's mom does something at work that pulls JH into it again.

@jayakris

HG's mother's nose is so stuck up in the air she may approach JH to explain herself thinking JH will agree with her.  To her surprise she will get the slap down of her life. Everything she believes to be true about HN and EA she will be set straight and slapped with the true facts. 

@meoooooowwww Iike you, I'm crying as I rewatched the last scene when HN suggested a breakup. Poor HG was like expecting that which is why he said," Dont say it!":bawling: He shook his head in disbelief!

Poor HG! Besides getting a tight slap from his dad and getting yelled at by his unreasonable mum, he must be worried to death HN might initiate a breakup. Cant really blame him for fearing the worse after HN was subjected to much humiliation from his uncouth mum.:dissapointed_relieved:

And his fear really surfaces!  Our poor boy really looks DISTRAUGHT! :bawling:

It's almost midnight here and I'm so upset. I've never been that upset since a weekend drama 5 years ago. :D

1 hour ago, awsparkle said:

@jayakris

HG's mother's nose is so stuck up in the air she may approach JH to explain herself thinking JH will agree with her.  To her surprise she will get the slap down of her life. Everything she believes to be true about HN and EA she will be set straight and slapped with the true facts.  

I doubt it, though we can never say with this writer.  Even if she talks to JH, and JH tries to put in a good word for HN, I think JH will not be able to counter it when HG's mom says that HN had duped her earlier.  I don't know if HG has clearly told his mom that the scam was completely his idea (I don't think we saw him say it) and that the college education lie was completely his.  Certainly JH doesn't know that the lie was all HG's fault, and that he had hardly given HN much of a choice but to help him at that time.  He almost blackmailed her (rather nicely) at that time.  Nobody knows any of that.   And on top, most probably JE will do something to mislead JH about the HN-HG relationship.

So when HG's mom says that HN completely duped her, I don't know how JH can counter that and put her in her place.  That is, unless more things happen, and then HG comes out saying that it was all his fault.  Like I had said before, HG has gone about the whole scam in a very poor way (both in doing it, and later in not explaining it correctly to everybody that HN had no interest in him then).  As of now, I am not expecting JH to do much in this.  She may talk to HG's mom a bit won't get too far with it. 

HG may have to leave his house or something to get something moving.  Or it could be something like HanNa collapsing due to her health issue, and HN coming through helping her to the hospital... or something like that, which softens HG's mom a bit.  Or the big revelation needs to happen, with everything going crazy.

3 hours ago, gladys57 said:

HG's dad better not come to EA's store anymore. Even knowing about HN being her daughter he still sided with Drama Queen and slapped HG!  Why has he become soooo henpecked???

Not as much a henpecking matter, as it is the unquestioned cultural trait that the dad always stands with the mom when the children rebel.  This is something the Kdramas always push.  Totally expected.  in fact I don't remember any drama instance when this has not happened.  In other cultures, this husband-wife dynamics is not as strongly stressed, but in Korean (and perhaps most of Asian) culture, this is like a rule not to be broken.  We might see a parent later explaining things more mildly to the son/daughter, but when they rebel, there is no question on how a spouse would behave.  A little less so in the case of rebelling against the dad, but very much so if it is against the mom.  At least that is what I have seen in dramas all the time.

30 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

It's almost midnight here and I'm so upset. I've never been that upset since a weekend drama 5 years ago. :D

@gladys57 - Go to bed.  Tell yourself it is a drama only!!  Stop worrying so much about a drama.  It is not the end of the world.   Will not affect how it moves forward because it is NOT reality.  Have a good night . :sleeping:

39 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

It really makes me wonder about Korean mothers. So many of the mothers in kdramas are all about the money and prestige. It makes me wonder how many actual Korean mothers are the same way for their children. Their "love" being translated into success and marriage into a wealthy family. Even taking into account the cultural aspects of a society where money is rapidly replacing the more traditional classes system, the rampant materialism shown with the conviction that money has to equal happiness is a bit puzzling. I guess all of these mothers made less advantageous marriages and became extremely unhappy with their lives?

I think it can be hard on those raised in cultures which value independence and self-determination more to think that marrying money which can really be equated with selling oneself for money as being the best path to take. Then again, perhaps that's the point with these dramas, that they're castigating that culture of having mothers trying to sell marry their children off to the richest family they can.

Anyway, back to episode 99. Wow, JE is completely loathesome, as is HG's mother this episode. JE is still wrapped up in her self-pity and her inferiority complex over HN/SJ, even after every evil thing that JE has done to her. I don't feel anything for her at this point. But, it's probably a necessary step for DG to be able to see who he's really married. Btw, I wonder if DG is not able to become fabulously wealthy, but remains a middle-class small business owner, whether JE will ultimately become a mother who tells her children that they have to marry for wealth and power. It seems as if SH had married for love to DS, but on his inability to run a business, SH also became totally money hungry and grasping, and seems to have decided that love is not enough.

HG's mother is under an unfortunately common delusion that because she raised HG, that HG "belongs" to her and "owes" her absolute obedience in all things. This isn't actually too far from the way Korean parents treat their children actually. To be honest, at first, I was shocked that HG would speak to his mother as he did, regardless of what grievances he had against her. It's just not done to speak back to a parent, regardless of how wrong or venal the parent may be. It's this speaking back to his mother and yelling at her that caused HG's father to hit HG. It's considered the ultimate lack of upbringing and manners to raise one's voice to one's parent.

HG's father himself is now in a dilemma, between his respect for EA and his love and duty as a husband to his wife. It's right that he supports his wife in her moment of distress, but hopefully, he hasn't lost sight of the fact that his wife is a witch who has treated others, namely HN, EA, and HG himself, very poorly.

Ultimately, I feel bad for HG. Regardless of the "coddling" that his mother thinks she gave him, it's clear that he's felt unloved and alone for so much of his life. He sees his mother's love for the selfishness that it is in wanting everything to be a reflection of herself rather than a selfless love for him or his sister. And, the scolding and violence by his father cut him deeply, especially as his father castigates HG for bringing such upheaval into the family, disrespecting his mother, and even causing him, his father, to use violence against his children when he had never done so before, thinking that violence was unsuitable. And, then, even as he's desperately trying to show HN yet again how much he loves her, she asks whether they should break up. I can imagine he must feel as if his whole world is falling apart.

However, I'm not convinced that they are going to split up. I hope that HG is able to talk HN around. HG knows that HN loves him, and HN knows that HG loves her. Even if HN tries to stick to her guns, hopefully, EA will be able to talk HN around. EA can see HG's sincerity and that HN truly loves HG. HG and HN both love and respect each other, and take care of each other. As a mother, EA appreciates how wonderful that is.

So, I guess, EA and JH are to represent the sane mothers of kdramas since they really are thinking more of their charges and their charges' happiness versus material gains.

I'm also not convinced that HG and HN are going to break up, or at least not break up for long since it's nearly the end of the drama. Not enough time for a totally wracked, angst-filled lengthy separation. :D Still, I'm pulling for HG and HN to close ranks against all comers. Go HG-HN!

Nah  parents overstep bounds  often and do need to be call out for it. They dont get the I ma parent card when they attack you GF mother and treat her like a servant. not to mention this ha been building up for many years which started with his baseball caree

Both Him and HN deserve expect which they are not getting you cant control someone lives like this then expect them to be happy . his  dad is spinless at this point and a coward.

Ignoring  what the person you love is doing is not call love is call being a fool, he knows his wife is wrong yet  again he does nothing.

This is a good way to lose you son.

I just wish that for once a kdama parent would just admit the kind of person they are and not acting like the amazing people they think they are. I could accept a mother saying "I just think about my pride and don't care about my child happiness".

Right now I just want HK to say in front of all his family what his mom truly say at the hospital when he hurt his leg and for them and her to realise what kind of person she is. I am truly afraid that we will never see it.

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

I doubt it, though we can never say with this writer.  Even if she talks to JH, and JH tries to put in a good word for HN, I think JH will not be able to counter it when HG's mom says that HN had duped her earlier earlier.  I don't know if HG has clearly told his mom that the scam was completely his idea (I don't think we saw him say it) and that the college education lie was completely his.  Certainly JH doesn't know that the lie was all HG's fault, and that he had hardly given HN much of a choice but to help him at that time.  He almost blackmailed her (rather nicely) at that time.  Nobody knows any of that.   So when HG's mom says that HN completely duped her, I don't know how JH can counter that and put her in her place.  That is, unless more things happen, and the HG comes out saying that it was all his fault.  Like I had said before, HG has gone about the whole scam in a very poor way (both in doing it, and later in not explaining it correctly to everybody that HN had no interest in him then).  As of now, I am not expecting JH to do much in this.  She may talk to HG's mom a bit won't get too far with it. 

HG may have to leave his house or something to get something moving.  Or it could be something like HanNa collapsing due to her health issue, and HN comes through helping her to the hospital, or something like that, which softens HG's mom a bit.  Or the big revelation needs to happen, with everything going crazy.

I don't think they will go back to clear up how this all started by having HG explain things to his mother. It would make no difference to the mother because HN is not someone she wants as a daughter in law. The woman is stuck on having status and money and HN cannot provide those things for her. HG's mother needs to be made to see those are her expectation and she shouldn't force them onto her children. The same thing happen when HG had the accident and no longer could play baseball. Her concerns were not about him surviving the accident and more so on how much she invested in him. She saw her life going down the drain because he loss is ability to play baseball. Someone has to be the voice of reason here in order to bring HG's mother down off her high horses. I think JH will be the one who opens the door of HG's mother realizing she only values a person by their worth and not for who they are as a person. The lie that was told in the beginning just proves who and what she values most. SH told her a bunch of lies and she believed them because of who she sees her as being. JH giving her the true facts would prove to her that having a good background does not make them a good person. 

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

@gladys57 - Go to bed.  Tell yourself it is a drama only!!  Stop worrying so much about a drama.  It is not the end of the world.   Will not affect how it moves forward because it is NOT reality.  Have a good night . :sleeping:

:lol::lol:

No comment

Lovers in bloom will continue to stand out as a well balanced daily drama. The male lead is like pur HG but takes no nonsense from anybody

He will respectfully call u out if you encroach in his space too much. So matured. The bad guys aren't necessarily bad. Honestly I didn't bargain for this kind of wickedness for more than 60 episodes cos the good things don't last up to 3 episodes at a stretch before weeks of bad things will follow.

Archived