[Drama 2018] Tomorrow Is Sunny as Well / Sunny Again Tomorrow, 내일도 맑음

0ly40

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, penelop3 said:

Oh, I wasn't aware that her background story was like that. :blink:

Did she divorce him or put up with his abuse throughout her marriage until he died?

Now that I know, I pity her for she has lived expecting unhappiness to come to her and her daughters and is constantly seeing the worst in people. SH's husband, though good for nothing, is a loyal and gentle husband. JG, though a widower, truly shows how much he cares for JH. Yet she can't see that. :wacko:

She cannot move on. I guess she never forgives her husband, or herself for being weak. Otherwise, why keep a wound open when forgiveness can close it? When she forgives, she will be able to move on.

Her background story was told in one scene and I'm glad I didn't skip that episode.

There was a day SH was drunk and just berated her mum for all her woes. She now talked about her parent's relationship.

The mistake SH made was not telling her mum that she is just not happy by the comparisons she always did between her and JH. She harboured that hurt until it turned to jealousy and wickedness. In her bid for her daughter not to pass through what she did, she made the same mistake again and again. Koreans are generally introverts. They will rather die than tell u whats in their mind. Expressing themselves are so hard.

In dramas, variety or reality shows. That's why they drink a lot to ease the burden(as if drinking will solve anything). 

1 hour ago, awsparkle said:

There is some level of pity for the mother because of what happen to her but there's still the matter of favoring one daughter over the other one. SH  told her mother how she always favored JH even when they were children. I think the mother saw the father in SH which caused her to turn all her attention and love onto JH. SH  was her second child but also her child and deserved just as much love and attention as she gave JH. 

I happen to disagree with you about pitying the mother.  Irrespective of what the mother might have gone through with her husband and inlaws, it is wrong (IMO) to bring the same to the children.  She is the shield and the parent that should teach the child the right things from the start.  It is possible for the children the need to feel sad/ angry at how their mother was treated, but it is the mother's responsibility to advise and talk about it.  Whether it a disagreement with the husband, parents or inlaws.  SH and JH were treated differently by their mother and hence they have treated their children differently.  Would SH have still looked and loved her child if the tables were reversed.  Sh probably would be wallowing in the house without doing anything and putting the blame on JH and hating her daughter SJ .  that is who sh was and will always be .   The grandmother is now reaping the seeds she sow.

Yeah, every evil committed in this drama goes back to granny. That's why it's called family drama. Aside her problem with late husband, she did favouritism and equates being a man and happy to being financially buoyant. I think this might be seen from the insecurities she had when she was still married. I don't know where  she got the favouritism attitude from but I think the drama is trying to portray what actually happens in almost every typical homes.

If I knew 500 hundred mothers, 400 among them have their favourite children. 

In school, teachers do favouritism.

Work places, in this k drama and idols singers , there is serious favouritism going on and the ones viewers notice most is singers or idols.

So it's a big cancerworm that has eaten deep inside the society. 

9 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I happen to disagree with you about pitying the mother.  Irrespective of what the mother might have gone through with her husband and inlaws, it is wrong (IMO) to bring the same to the children.  She is the shield and the parent that should teach the child the right things from the start.  It is possible for the children the need to feel sad/ angry at how their mother was treated, but it is the mother's responsibility to advise and talk about it.  Whether it a disagreement with the husband, parents or inlaws.  SH and JH were treated differently by their mother and hence they have treated their children differently.  Would SH have still looked and loved her child if the tables were reversed.  Sh probably would be wallowing in the house without doing anything and putting the blame on JH and hating her daughter SJ .  that is who sh was and will always be .   The grandmother is now reaping the seeds she sow.

I only have pity for the mother for what she went through with her husband. She gets no pity when it comes to how she raised her daughters. Both children deserved to be loved equally no matter what she went through because of their father.  She is the root cause of the separation of the sisters that caused SH to hate her sister and her daughter. 

I can't watch until I get home from work, but all your HN-HG posts have me squealing (on the inside) :w00t:

25 minutes ago, darr said:

Yeah, every evil committed in this drama goes back to granny. That's why it's called family drama. Aside her problem with late husband, she did favouritism and equates being a man and happy to being financially buoyant. I think this might be seen from the insecurities she had when she was still married. I don't know where  she got the favouritism attitude from but I think the drama is trying to portray what actually happens in almost every typical homes.

I agree, SH and JE act the way they do because of the grandmother's favoritism toward JH and SJ. It's hard for me to pity the grandmother, even knowing she wasn't treated well in the past. The way she acts now is just as unforgivable.

I remember disliking JH a lot in the beginning as well, when she would hit or yell at HN impulsively. I'm glad that she's becoming a lot nicer and is on friendly terms with HN's family before the big reveal.

21 minutes ago, awsparkle said:

I only have pity for the mother for what she went through with her husband. She gets no pity when it comes to how she raised her daughters. Both children deserved to be loved equally no matter what she went through because of their father.  She is the root cause of the separation of the sisters that caused SH to hate her sister and her daughter. 

I do agree with you on this.  But the favoritism is not the only reason SH is the way she is (I think!).  Her jealously is deep rooted as she is not as competent as her sister and is a little bit too greedy.  Since we all have a set of parents, SH probably got the short end of the stick.  As they say, there is always a black sheep in the family, SH IMO is the black sheep turned wolf in that family.  I know about it since I have encountered one, I didn't realize until I figured it out.  JH when she figures it out, if she is even 10 % like me, we will have fireworks and a she dragon breathing fire.  

The show will go on much to JE hoping it won’t.. HG will be the super proud boyfriend I bet lol! I truly hope they have more than today’s episode of sweetness tomorrow!! 

I want the little “we are one” to be only between them now.. poor HG was so disappointed when she used it with her coworkers lol! 

Soon we will get to the whole HN adopted issue, you could tell her mom was thinking about it.

Funny how JG seem to be very much into JH. He's such a great actor and he is a natural! They are sweet as youngsters being so much in love. LOL.

Looks like the next episodes will be about HN, her love and being SJ. I hope less of JE's issues to herself, SH's selfishness and grannies drama. We've had so much of that from the past episodes. Hoping this time more on HN!

3 hours ago, matchamilktea said:

I remember disliking JH a lot in the beginning as well, when she would hit or yell at HN impulsively. I'm glad that she's becoming a lot nicer and is on friendly terms with HN's family before the big reveal.

@matchamilktea So true. JH wasn't exactly my favorite person in the beginning but she has really warmed up to us. I'm glad that her relationship with HN is at least good now before the mother-daughter truth is discovered.

@dramaninja I think this is a good opportunity to show that HN is a capable and highly competent CEO who will do whatever it takes to save her company. As much as I want to see HN and HG spending more time together, I am looking forward to see HN taking the reins and resolving this issue.

I was re-watching the opening scene for like the umpteenth time and whenever HG says to HN, "Do you know how long I waited for you to say that?" I was thinking to myself do you know how long WE have waited for her to say that? :joy: I truly truly loved HG's reaction to HN's confession. The eyes, the expression, the voice.... A++ acting from JJH! Hoping for more lovely scenes between them today.

1 hour ago, meoooooowwww said:

For now, he still doesn't know about it. But, don't worry. The truth is almost there ^^. I hope once he knows her wife's true self he will divorce her.

I hope he does too... but he's put up with so much that I don't think he'll ever divorce her. For goodness sake, his wife wanted her sister to adopt her daughter! :angry:

I really loved the three dads scene this episode! I thought it was hilarious that HG dad tried to get bedroom details from DG's dad, making the two brothers-in-law super uncomfortable. I hope they get lots of scenes together in the future!

SUNNY AGAIN TOMORROW

RECAP, EPISODE 81

Kang kisses Lee and declares her heart for the umpteenth time.  Lee is like, What is the meaning of this?  Then, Lee kisses Kang.

Morning.

Park Sr. and Yoon are headed someplace in a cab.  We learn that they are on their honeymoon and that Halmoni is not accepting calls.

Back at the Yoon-Hwang residence Halmoni sits implacably in her living room while Hwang’s Mother implores her to pick up the phone.

Hwang’s Mother is still trying to persuade Halmoni to let Yoon and her new husband move in so they can keep a close eye on them.  Halmoni finally relents, suspecting that Hwang’s Mother will be unable to persuade Yoon to move in.

Yoon and Park Sr. arrive on Halmoni’s doorstep.  Halmoni runs into her bedroom and hides.  Yoon tries phoning her but Halmoni is still not accepting calls.

Park Sr. and Yoon give up and return home.  Park has prepared dinner.  Kang’s Mother and Sister arrive with more food.

When Kang returns home, Lee calls her and they discuss her business woes.  He offers to help persuade the factory manager to manufacture the clothing on credit but whe insists on doing it herself.  Lee decides he must see her again.  Right away.

When Kang’s Sister walks into their bedroom and teases her, Kang tells Lee to cool his jets.

Lee’s Father walks into his Son’s bedroom and teases him.

As they eat dinner, Kang’s Mother and Sister tease her.

Hwang’s Mother is discouraged to discover that when Yoon and Park Sr. dropped by, Halmoni made no effort to persuade them to move back in.

Yoon talks with Park and attempts to persuade her not to give up on Hwang.  He calls her “Omma” and she is happy.

Park receives a call from the Shopping Network telling him they will peddle his books.

Park goes to the Shopping Network and thanks Hwang.  She tries to lay a romantic guilt trip on him, and succeeds.

On her way to the factory, Kang encounters a halmoni with dementia who says she is hungry.  Kang takes her to an outdoor café where the halmoni eats ravenously.

No good deed goes unpunished.  The halmoni gets it into her head that Kang is trying to steal her vast fortune and attacks her.  Fortunately, the halmoni’s daughter shows up and takes charge.

The halmoni’s daughter calls the halmoni’s son, who happens to be the Factory Owner.

When Kang shows up in the Factory Owner’s office for the umpteenth time, he kicks her out for the umpteenth time.

Hwang’s Mother goes into Yoon’s office and is received coldly.

Hwang’s and Lee’s Fathers enter Park Sr.’s shop and, only half-jokingly, suggest that his recent marriage has something to do with his sore back.

Yoon and Park Sr. hang their family picture on the wall.  Yoon inserts a photo of her missing daughter into a corner of the frame.

Hwang’s Mother needs to deliver something to Yoon.  When she arrives, she and Kang have an uncomfortable encounter at the front gate.

When Hwang’s Mother enters her Sister’s home, Yoon is in the shower.  Just as she is absorbing the shock of seeing Yoon’s missing daughter’s picture, Kang enters the house on an errant.  Hwang’s Mother stands with her back to the photo so that Kang won’t see it.

Kang wonders why Hwang’s Mother is acting weird.

What an awesome way to start today's episode with HN confessing her feelings for HG! :wub:. Not only we go love confessions, we got 2 kisses as well! I'm hyperventilating just writing about it :lol:. If they are both already this cute and making me swoon over by just being boyfriend/girlfriend, I don't even want to imagine what they'll cause me once they become husband/wife and have cute babies... bad for my heart! :joy:. Anyway, I love how expressive and outspoken HG has turned out to be. Now that his feelings are reciprocated he doesn't want to waste anytime and just says whatever he feels. How he told HN that he missed her and was willing to drive to her house just to see her was so sweet. It was unfortunate that HN changed her mind about meeting with HG because of Sa Rang. Tbh, I don't understand why HN is denying she's got a boyfriend to Sa Rang. I understand HN may be shy about it, but Sa Rang is so smart that even if HN tries to hide or deny it, it won't work. And since this is the case, HN should just be honest about it.

I don't know if you noticed, but we only got around 60seconds of JE on the screen. YAY!!! :D I think so far, this has been the shortest screen time we have gotten of her. Good job PD-nim! :thumbsup:. Now, please give us less screen time of annoying SH and grandma; and gives us more of our new couple, jebal!! 

So, based on tomorrow's episode preview, it seems we will get EA's friend visiting. By the way she's staring at HN, it seems as if she knows and/or has something to do with how HN became EA's daughter. Maybe, the lady was the wife of the guy who almost ran HN/SJ over. When her husband took the girl to the hospital, they both thought that she had no parents. And since EA had just lost her child, the couple decided to give her the girl they found.... just a thought... :lol:

I hope the issue with the merchandise and payment doesn't dragged too long so we can get more lovey-dovey scenes between HG & HN. Also, since JE is the current MD in charge, the faster the issue gets resolved, then the less time we'll have to see her annoying face on the screen. ;)

Aaah .. the kiss.. the love declaration... this is seriously made my day

But.. after all the intimacy, she still calls him MD-nim? :blink:

@awsparkle @darr

Aha! I skip scenes so much so I miss the background stories. :P

So, let me get this straight. Not only Grandma distrust MEN - because her husband was a cheating and abusive SOB - she also tended to compare and love her best child?

Ckckckckck... :mellow:

Really... I don't care if Grandma suffered in the past, my opinion on Grandma is as low as it can get.

We respect someone because despite all the hardships, he/she can prevail and be a stronger decent person. It's hard to respect Grandma if she continues to act like a selfish small-minded kid. 

So, who was the one who keep comparing JE and SJ/HN? Was it Grandma? SH? Or even JH?

If it's Grandma, there you go - history repeats itself. If it's SH, it's the cycle of abuse - what you do to me, I do to my kid. No wonder after learning JE's bad deeds, SH came out as a full-blown evil, she probably feels guilty as hell. 

Oh, Grandma also favors the youngest grandson right, not JE.

For your information, yesterday's episode was getting a lot of responds from Korean netizens as well. This drama was on 9th place of Naver search ranking last night and many people commented on video of the kiss scenes uploaded on Naver TV. All of them are happy and like this couple finally become official ^^. The video viewers are around 30k++ if I'm not mistaken. 

New OST will coming out today because I just read the news about it.

7 hours ago, awsparkle said:

Hi I'm new here..well I've been following this thread since i discovered it last last week, because I was so hooked on the drama that I tried looking for answers when the drama was not being aired.

I do agree with the comment above, the grandmother is the root cause of all the hate that is going on. Even SH followed in her Mom's footsteps, she did it also to Ji Eun that's why Ji Eun hates Soo Jeong (Hanui) so much.

I was so happy with the progress of Hangyul and Hanui, I can't stop smiling while watching their scene. Hope there will be more cute moments from them. 

Archived