[Drama 2018] Tomorrow Is Sunny as Well / Sunny Again Tomorrow, 내일도 맑음

0ly40

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SUNNY AGAIN TOMORROW

RECAP, EPISODE 20

Kang tries to kiss up to Kim but he rejects her approaches, Korean Hardguy Style.  Finally he deigns to accept a cup of water from her.

Yoon walks into the shop of the great shoemaker she has heard about.  When she encounters Park Sr. in the shop, she demands to speak to the shop’s owner.  Reluctantly, she allows him to measure her feet.

Park Sr.  advises Yoon to approach life more cheerfully, she protests that he doesn’t know her.  She is not pleased to learn that her reputation for nastiness has spread far and wide.  The more he tries to perk her up, the more her face curdles.  She gets huffier and huffier, then leaves in a huff before buying any shoes.

Kang’s Mother comes into the hallway.  She and Park Sr. agree that Yoon is a nasty piece of work.

Yoon’s Brother In Law sleeps in a massage chair in a sauna.  He drops his locker key on the floor  and someone steals it.

Park arrives at his office and dumps the manuscript he won’t be publishing.

In his office at the Home Shopping Network, Lee is busting a supplier’s bollocks.  The supplier tries to bribe Lee and Lee orders him out of his office.

Lee’s parents ponder Korean-Italian relations in a coffee shop.  They agree to accept Meatball for the time being but to keep him under close surveillance.  Then Lee’s Mother insists that they need to hide their “marriage graduation” from their new Son In Law, so Lee’s Father must move back into the house.  He struggles to fathom his estranged wife’s logic.  They agree to postpone their “graduation” from their marriage so that they can devote their full time and attention to supervising Meatball.

Lee’s Mother walks into her Daughter’s office and tells her she can bring “what’s his name” home.  Yoon arrives for work and walks frostily into her office, oblivious to the happy Mother-Daughter reunion.

Yoon sits sour-faced in her office as she recalls Park Sr.’s jaundiced assessment of her jaundiced personality.  Then she notices that she left her scarf in Park Sr.’s shop.

Back at the sweatshop, Kang struggles to learn the rag trade.

In the sauna, Yoon’s Brother In Law hides his head under a towel as Halmoni and his wife enter and make themselves comfortable.  Halmoni says he will return home soon because she has frozen his credit card.  He listens as they plot how to make his life miserable when he inevitably  returns home.

The newly expanded Lee household sits uncomfortably in their living room.  Leo has brought a bouquet of flowers.  When Leo learns that he will be allowed to live with his wife, he gives his Mother In Law a double cheek kiss.  When he lunges toward Lee and his Father to repeat the gesture, they both shrink away.

Back at the sweatshop, Kang has shown Kim more fashion sketches and Kim is tearing up more fashion sketches, Korean Hardguy Style.  He tells her to research what women want to buy, then sketch some designs of clothes that women might want to buy.

As they drag themselves home at the end of their respective discouraging days, Kang and Park encounter each other on the sidewalk.  They sit at a table outside a convenience store but they don’t drink beer, because if they were drinking beer the cans would be OB Blue.  He makes another attempt to Mansplain life to her.

Park and Kang arrive home.  Park Sr. is pleased to see that his Son is sober.  Park Sr. asks if his supervisor has been giving him a hard time.  His son truthfully answers “No.”

Lee’s Sister and Brother In Law agree to move into the Lee Manse.

The sauna manager opens Yoon’s Brother In Laws locker for him and he discovers that his wallet is missing.  He asks the manager to call the police.  The manager says nothing doing until he settles his bill, which he can’t do because all of his money has been stolen.  The manager tells him to call his family and have someone bring the money.  Rather than accept this humiliation, he agrees to mop the floor to settle his debt.

Hwang returns home and finds Yoon mooning over her missing daughter.  Hwang isn’t in the mood and goes to her room.  Once again, she flashes back to  the day her cousin went missing.   She feels guilty but she also remembers that her cousin was a selfish brat.

Kang checks out the goods in a fabric store.  As fate would have it, so are Lee and Hwang.

Kang is paying for some fabric.  Then Hwang approaches her and rips the bills from her hand.

SUNNY AGAIN TOMORROW

RECAP, EPISODE 21

Lee and Hwang discuss the dishonest supplier with their boss.  Then Hwang and Lee decide to go to the fabric store.

At the sweatshop, Kim notices that Kang seems to be learning the trade.

Kim sends Kang out of the shop with a list of items to buy.

Kang shops at the fabric store.

Kwang eavesdrops as a saleslady tells Kang she’ll give her a special price for fabric.

As Kang is paying the “special price,” Hwang interrupts the transaction and rips into the shoplady for ripping Kang off, telling her she is getting the wholesale price when she is actually being charged retail.  Then Hwang tells Kang about a store where the same fabric can be had at a cheaper price.  Kang is like, WTF?  But also grateful.

Before Kang leaves, the shoplady lowers the fabric’s price to the true wholesale price and Kang buys it and leaves.

Kang runs after Hwang and thanks her effusively, but Hwang is dismissive and walks off arrogantly.

Before Hwang can strut a proper distance, she is accosted by a purse snatcher.    Kang comes to her aid and wreaks some Bruce Lee on the thug’s richardsimmons.   Kang notices that Hwang’s skirt is ripped and fashions an impromptu repair.  Hwang smiles for the first time.

Hwang gives Kang her business card, and she recognizes the Shopping Network.  Hwang says she must work in the same field.  Kang says,, well not exactly . . .  They depart on friendly terms.

As she walks away, she encounters Lee talking on his phone and giving the rest of the human race the stink eye.  She blocks his passage.  He is not pleased to meetcha.   Kang draws upon her knowledge of scatology and analyzes his character, then departs in a huff.   Lee thinks it’s early and the day is already headed South.

Hwang rejoins Lee and invites him to have brunch with her.  He claims another engagement and departs, as is his wont.

Kang returns to the shop and relates her exploits to Kim, who is not impressed.

In his shop, Park Sr. notices the scarf Yoon left behind.

Hwang stops by Yoon’s office and pitches a possible deal with the Shopping Network.  Yoon is noncommittal..

Yoon’s Sister and Lee’s Mother go off to lunch so Yoon is alone when Park Sr. enters her store to return the scarf.  He is shocked to find her humming happily as she fiddles with some dresses.  When she notices his presence, her mood abruptly changes and they bicker.  Before he leaves she offers him a reward for returning the scarf and he is insulted.  But as they part, they look wistfully at each other despite themselves.

Park Sr. decides that since he is near his Son’s erstwhile office he may as well have lunch with him.  But when he calls “the office,” he lears that his Son no longer works there.

Kang joins Park for lunch in a café.  As they talk, Kang learns for the first time that Park quit his “perfectly good job” to start his own business and is like, WTF?  He makes her promise not to tell his Father.  He tells her that her fashion startup could obtain small business assistance from the Korean Government and share office space with him.

Hwang meets her Father for lunch and he complains about Halmoni’s insulting treatment.  She tells him that like the rest of the human race he should find a job whether he likes it or not.  After all, there is a reason “work” is called “work.”  Hwang asks whether he would want her to marry “a man like you” and he apparently wouldn’t.

Hwang’s Brother realizes that he lost some sketches he made when someone jostled him on the street.  He tells Halmoni that he is leaving the house to study but she tells him that his tutor has just arrived.  His Mother apparently failed to inform him that she had made the appointment.

Kang’s Sister arrives to tutor Hwaang’s Brother.  They recognize each other from their earlier encounters and neither is thrilled.

Leo, the Husband Formerly Known As The Fey Caballero (and maybe in the future as “Meatball” if he develops an Archie Bunker/Meathead vibe with his Father In Law), arrives at the Lee Manse with his roller bag.

Lee cringes as his Father, who knows no Italian and Leo, who knows little Korean, attempt to communicate over drinks.  Alcohol + a language barrier.  What could go wrong?

We learn that Leo is short for “Leonardo.”  Lee Sr. pantomimes that if Leo makes his daughter cry, he’ll hang from a meat hook.  If he is lucky.

In her bedroom, Lee’s Sister talks with her Mother.  She thanks her Mother for attempting to reconcile with her Father.

In the living room, Lee’s Father is descending into an alcoholic stupor, with Lee and Leo headed roughly in the same direction.  Lee’s Father seems to sober up quickly when Leo kisses him on each cheek, but then lapses into a stupor.  Lee pushes Leo away before he can repeat the gesture.   Leo and his Father In Law end up in a drunken heap.

Park and Hwang meet for drinks in a tent bar.  He tells her he is keeping a secret from his Father.  She tells him that he might as well confess the secret to his Father and get it over with.

As Park returns home his Father is seething.  Park tells his Father he has something to tell him but before he can get it out, Park Sr. asks if he was fired.  When he learns that his son quit the job voluntarily, he is furious.

2 hours ago, fanofr said:

I don't like it that in the end, Yoon will get her daughter back and a nice guy like Park Sr.  Why can't Park Sr and Kang's Mum end up together! 

I suspect that Kang's Mother and Yoon will fight it out for Park Sr. .  No need to assume that Yoon will win.

@fanofr  I'm actually beginning to warm to the Leo character.  I think we were meant to infer in the beginning that he was Slam-Bam-See You Later Ma'am Eurotrash, so his acting served its purpose.  I suspect that from now on his character will primarily serve as a target and launching pad for jokes by other cast members, so all he has to do is show up.

18 minutes ago, jimb said:

I suspect that Kang's Mother and Yoon will fight it out for Park Sr. .  No need to assume that Yoon will win.

The opening credits show Yoon and Park Sr together.  I hope not.  I like Kang's Mother and she deserves a really good break!

@fanofr  I'm actually beginning to warm to the Leo character.  I think we were meant to infer in the beginning that he was Slam-Bam-See You Later Ma'am Eurotrash, so his acting served its purpose.  I suspect that from now on his character will primarily serve as a target and launching pad for jokes by other cast members, so all he has to do is show up.

I hope so!  I find the scenes with Leo and the Sour Miss Lee a real waste of time.  Every drama has one or two "useless" couples and they seem to be it for this drama! 

@fanofr  I forgot that there is apparently a Korean taboo against in laws marrying.  Thus if Park and Hwang hook up, Park Sr. and Yoon would experience severe cultural headwinds if they pursued a romance.

There was a lot of discussion of that taboo in the Soompi forum for the drama, The Unusual Family.  In that drama, the uncle of the groom and aunt of the bride  scandalized their families by falling in love.  They were finally able to marry, but only because it was discovered that the uncle had impregnated the aunt during a drunken night of passion which neither of them remembered, and being a single mother in Korea is an even bigger taboo than marrying a close inlaw.

12 hours ago, fanofr said:

I don't like it that in the end, Yoon will get her daughter back and a nice guy like Park Sr.  Why can't Park Sr and Kang's Mum end up together! 

I agree, I do not like what writers do there:wink:, but I guess it's for future story because it's obvious that park SR will help yoon conquer the heart of her lost daughter when they will know the truth. I hope kang's mum will have her love story, maybe the man who works with kang?

Otherwise, the two main characters do not have many interactions yet, although they met each other in the first episode. But I like the story between them progressively little by little, at least for the moment I like. I imagine that they will eventually work together and that the cousin will become jealous and nasty bit by bit while the other guy is already in love with her, -_- what a fast!

SUNNY AGAIN TOMORROW

RECAP, EPISODE 22

Kang, her Mother and Sister eat watermelon. Their snack is interrupted by Park Sr.’s loud shouting from downstairs as he berates his Son for resigning from his job.

Kang’s Mother goes downstairs and tells Park Sr. to pipe down.  Pipe Jr. then explains to his Father how much he wanted to start a business of his own.  After Park Sr. strikes his Son, Kang and her Mother restrain him from committing further violence as Park Jr. retreats to his room.  Park Sr. collapses into an aigooing mess.

Park stands in his darkened bedroom and reflects on the mess he has made.

Hwang’s Brother complains to his Mother about the tutor she has hired for him.  After he whines at length, she tells him that life is tough and then you die.  Then she tells him he can choose between sticking it out with the tutor and joining the army.

Hwang’s Mother calls her Mother In Law but she has not seen her son.moni learns that her Son In Law is still missing and is like, good riddance.  They bicker about the gift of food thatHalmoni ordered the maid to throw out.

Hwang arrives home and her Mother complains to her about her missing Father.  Hwang informs her Mother that she met him earlier that day and he is doing ok.

Morning.

Park looks in on his sleeping Father as he leaves for work.

Park encounters Kang as he leaves the house and invites her to stop by his office.

The expanded Lee household eats breakfast.  Leo is having trouble adapting to Korean food.

Lee’s Father remembers being kissed on both cheeks by his Son In Law the night before and winces.

Kang arrives at the sweatshop and exasperates Kim.

Hwang is beginning to wonder about Lee’s obvious lack of zest for his job and life in general.  She asks him if he has a girlfriend and he ignores her, as though a man needs a girlfriend like a bicycle needs a fish.

Yoon’s Sister talks with Lee’s Sister and offers to fix her Mother up with another man.  Lee’s Sister is irritated.

Yoon talks with her Sister and complains about her sore feet.  She asks Yoon why she didn’t buy a bespoke pair from the shoemaker she recommended.

Park calls Kang’s Mother and learns that his Father is sulking in his shop.

Park notices a sketchbook filled with cartoons on his desk.

Kang’s Mother takes Park Sr. some lunch.  He ignores her.  She tells him he didn’t exactly distinguish himself the night before.  They bicker.

Kang blunders into a bad deal with a fabric merchant.  Kim berates her.

Hwang’s Father is cleaning up the sauna.  The sauna manager tells him to work faster.  Then he receives a phone call and is emboldened to quit his job at the sauna.

Hwang’s Father returns home.  Halmoni is not pleased to see him.  Emboldened by the telephone call, when Halmoni bickers, he bickers back.   Halmoni is surprised to hear the whipped dog bark.  When his wife joins them, he tells her that he has found a job and goes to his bedroom.  When his wife pumps him for details on the job, he is not forthcoming.  She tells him that maybe  she can still persuade Halmoni to buy the academy for him.  He tells her that he is sick of kissing up to Halmoni.

Lee’s Mother gives his Father a new Marriage Graduation Agreement.  To wit:   we will not be Man and Wife but pretend to be Man and Wife for the benefit of the Son In Law.  They bicker.  He signs.

Hwang and Park converse on the phone.  When she learns about his confrontation with his Father and his propensity to read books when stressed out, they meet and she gives him a pile of comic books, aka “graphic novels.”.  He is initially like, WTF?  But soon he is enjoying them.

Kang arrives at Park’s office but he is out and his office door is locked.

As Park continues to read the comic books, Hwang falls asleep with her head on his shoulder.

Park is not unhappy.

9 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I hope kang's mum will have her love story, maybe the man who works with kang?

Kang's Mother and Park Sr. have assumed that their children will become a couple.  When they instead hook up with Hwang and  Lee, Park Sr. and Kang's Mother will be free to become a couple.

Is it just me?? I am kinda worried that Park Do Kyung might become a bad person for Ji Eun. Sure I thik Ji Eun and DK make a cute couple but she is crushing reall badly on Han Kyul. I know that Ji Eun doesn't want her long lost cousin to come back. I blame the grandmother playing favorite but we all know that Ji Eun almost killed her cousin. Ji Eun and her family have used Jin Hee for everything she has. Sun Hee blames all her mistakes on her mother but I think the problems is she never tried or had the confidence to try to live without her sisters help. She guilt trip her sister into giving her free things and I am so tired of her selfishness. Although the grandmother speaks the truth, she created Yun Hee's selfishness. Yun Hee has no backbone and she married a coward for a husband. 

As the drama progresses, I have so much fear of what's to come

1. DK becomes evil

2. JE spread lies on HN

3. DK and HN become enemies

I'm scared about the direction the show might take, too...it wouldn't be the first time a  funny, warm daily drama turns into something gloomy.

I agree Park Sr. and Jin Hee's romance seems really convenient to make the plot move forward once it's found out Ha Nee is actually Jin Hee's daughter. Someone's gotta help Jin Hee to win her over and Park Sr. is the only one who can do it. I guess this will create a lot of conflict with the adoptive mom.

The fact that Ji Eun and Ha Nee started out on such good terms gives me a bad feeling. I think the nicer they are to each other now, the more they'll loathe each other later on. Just wait till Ji Eun finds out Han Kyul is interested in Ha Nee, plus her being the long lost cousin she hates so much...

It looks like Sun Hee's husband and Ha Nee's adoptive mom are childhood friends. He could be the one who finds out Ha Nee is Soo Jeong...maybe that way he would be able to win his mother in law's sympathy once and for all :lol:

19 hours ago, jimb said:

@fanofr  I forgot that there is apparently a Korean taboo against in laws marrying.  Thus if Park and Hwang hook up, Park Sr. and Yoon would experience severe cultural headwinds if they pursued a romance.

You're right...I wonder if it would be possible for both Ji Eun/Do Kyung and Park Sr./Jin Hee to end up together since Jin Hee is Ji Eun's aunt and koreans take these kind of things very seriously :unsure:

Archived