[Drama 2018-2019] Secrets and Lies, 비밀과 거짓말

0ly40

On 9/8/2018 at 9:33 PM, UnniSarah said:

Never trust their synopsis ....

The story clearly revolves around HK.

The correct synopsis should have been  :

This k-drama revolve around the lives of a woman who were brought in from the orphanage to replace the rich family dead daughter's life and how she go about trying to hold on to this lifestyle while trying to protect it and she will do anything including destroying anyone who tries to take anything away from her.... 

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, jojoanna said:

Just being curious...How many of you want to whack Jae-Bin for taking it out or loosing it with Do-Bin just because of one greedy person Hwa-Kyung?

Jae-Bin really has a head full of air only...he is being used by Hwa-Kyung and he is also carrying news of what happen to Woo Jung and Joo Won directly to Hwa-Kyung...wooo Jae-Bin is definitely Hwa-Kyung minion.  And each time he is not happy or Hwa-Kyung ignores him... he will go screaming his head off at Do-Bin and even to the point of not caring the brotherhood.

This series is 120 episodes and it is only Ep 50 now... 

Chingu @jojoanna... I want to shakecalm-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif  him silly, scream at him and Walk over him looser-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif  for being so dumb . We can't really blame him for his short comings. After all he is his parent biological child, he has all their traits especially being dumb. Who falls in love with someone who treat you like dirt, make fun of you and insult you to your face. Smh Smh smh  He told HK how jealous of DB he is because DB is so perfect. 

3 hours ago, Saja La said:

Hi Ajumma P, for this k-drama, they actually wrote the first name (main lead) is the Villain. So for once, these Korean put the correct character listing correctly. So, we the viewers can't be pissed off on Villain getting 70% screen time since she IS the LEAD..... WJ is NOT the female lead in this k-drama....

But anyhow, Koreans still  haven't figured out how to write a decent (I am not even asking for good, just decent) story line for the good guys...  sigh  ...

Yes, I saw that.. the synopsis talks about WJ but the first name is HK.. they listed it as two female leads because she is still the FL by the synopsis. Finally correctly listing the villian as a lead, which they always are 

Finally...another crazy greed nutcase has blown off her mouth without going through her air head... yup... really want to whack her big time - Heo Yong-Sim. Each time she shoots her mouth, she will say it is for Do-Bin her precious son.  She even go to the extend of shooting off her mouth at Han Woo-Cheol... if i may say...at least Woo-Cheol is not a greedy person like her or crazy yo-yo bouncing off the tamborine like her son Jae-Bin. I am so glad for once Jae-Hee stand firm and give a piece of mind to her mother Yong-Sim...

Many many villains in this series... 
Hwa-Kyung thinking everyone owes her and she owns whoever she wants
Yeon-Hee is a psycho that's cannot decide what she really wants yet she goes about trying to "kill" those who 

make her unhappy
Yong-Sim is a greedy villain who only talks about money and nothing else
Jae-Bin is a yo-yo who does not see what he is doing is wrong or maybe to him, he is one who cannot do wrong, any wrong he blames Do-Bin

I am wondering if Shin Myung-Joon will eventually turn to Joon-Won and their daughter Woo-Jung when Grandpa finds his grandson and everything goes to the grandson which means Myung-Joon will be penniless?  Will it be blood [Woo-Jung] is thicker than water [fake Hwa-Kyung] in the end?

I am going to admit whenever Hwa-Kyung opens her mouth, I hit the mute button...likewise with Yeon-Hee and Yong-Sim...somehow my fingers will auto hit "mute" button :tounge_wink:

Hello 

@mqiuwen  Chingu can you translate this part of the correct art for me... 

wodALtyW0RHgsEs1ic9nEbiIFaj_pvjHG4Rbm6O6

I am dying to know what it means. 

Well we'll, President Shin told WE to never come find him for anything because he won't regret hurting JW and WJ. He believes their relationship is ill fated and wants nothing to do with each other. 

I predict Joo Won will succeed hee next suicide and leave her children mother less. I think the death of JW is the only way WJ will seek revenge on the family. 

56 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello 

@mqiuwen  Chingu can you translate this part of the correct art for me... 

@UnniSarah Hi Dear! If I'm not mistaken, the circled part is written as "호감" which means "crush". However, since the writing is not very cleared, I can't guarantee that the translation is correct. I don't follow this drama, so not sure how is the relation between these 2 characters (Shin Hwa Kyung & Yoon Do Bin) :sweatingbullets:

4 hours ago, mqiuwen said:

@UnniSarah Hi Dear! If I'm not mistaken, the circled part is written as "호감" which means "crush". However, since the writing is not very cleared, I can't guarantee that the translation is correct. I don't follow this drama, so not sure how is the relation between these 2 characters (Shin Hwa Kyung & Yoon Do Bin) :sweatingbullets:

@mqiuwen.... I was thinking the same thing but the letter aren't so clear. I am learning Korean now too but can't quite read Hangul when it is written like in the correlation chart  .

4 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Kansas a Monica @mqiuwen.... I was thinking the same thing but the letter aren't so clear. I am learning Korean now too but can't quite read Hangul when it is written like in the correlation chart  .

@UnniSarah LOL.. doesn't it bother you when the writing is so bad in the correlation chart? :lol:

I understand that Koreans can understand the awful and extra stroke writing, but for us who are learning, is troublesome :sweat_smile:

1 minute ago, mqiuwen said:

@UnniSarah LOL.. doesn't it bother you when the writing is so bad in the correlation chart? :lol:

I understand that Koreans can understand the awful and extra stroke writing, but for us who are learning, is troublesome :sweat_smile:

It sure does because we are still trying to sound the letter out first. So they should make it clearer so we can see. @mqiuwen

Some write Hangul with curves instead if it being straight that is why it is hard to determine what is what .

I'm not sure if Woo Jung and her mother have hit their lowest point, but I'm hoping for some genuine revenge to start.  WJ has plenty to tell if she goes to a reporter as an anonymous source.  Maybe she'll be the one to find the missing Mr. Seo.

With this new development of Han Joo Won attempted suicide , I believe that President Shin is very dumb fellow. Although he is greedy and will continue to hurt his daughter and Han Joo Won , he will regret it. Why will he regret it? He himself doesn't really know how he truly feels. I think HOW ruin or death will take a terrible toll in his life.  Yeon Hee , Hwa Kyung and Myung Joon will continue to distrust each other, feel guilty and will have to face Woo Jung's rather in the future .  My only concern is who will HELP WOO JUNG SEEKING REVENGE. I wonder will it be the mysterious person in the correlation chart.

y8lLaM063bOnSqS2wtVQMY6I7oX-rJRYMjUUESKb

Woo Jung has had no accomplishments , no job and she is alone . She is the type to put others before her. She begged her father to help her mom and he refused. She wasn't even asking for herself but for her mom. 

@msmy.... they haven't reached their lowest point yet chingu. The only way WJ will be forced to seek revenge is only if someone she loves dies. The theme in all kdrama dailies  a main character loses a family member they seek revenge until their loved one stop them from going to far.

Evidently T.V. Mom has a grim diagnosis, so WJ has reason to be depressed.  She ends up in DB's embrace once again while HK steams.  Looks like some big embarrassing story about Miseong may be in the works for tomorrow.

Episode 54... It looks like the story line is progressing as some have predicted in that idiot son is going to be passed off as  Chairman Oh's grandson.  Episode begins with a TV appearance by DB totally dissing Miseong and getting himself fired. The Miseong people are outraged and  HK is distraught for a nano-second, then proceeds to plan the deception.  HK tells JB that he is the grandson, and of course, he buys it hook, line, and sinker.   She promotes the idea to greedy Mom who is torn as to what to do, sacrifice her own son to maintain a relationship with Miseong, or be truthful.  Pretty much a no brainer for a person with low morals.   Restaurant Dad is not on board, but preview shows idiot son approaching the mansion in new clothes, dressed for the part.  Pres. Shin has been duped by HK after she had the secretary change the DNA report to a false one.  She convinces Pres. Shin to let her tell Gramps so that she can get back into the house.  He agrees with the stipulation that HK never tell Gramps that Woo Jung is his daughter.

14 hours ago, msmy said:

Episode 54... It looks like the story line is progressing as some have predicted in that idiot son is going to be passed off as  Chairman Oh's grandson.  Episode begins with a TV appearance by DB totally dissing Miseong and getting himself fired. The Miseong people are outraged and  HK is distraught for a nano-second, then proceeds to plan the deception.  HK tells JB that he is the grandson, and of course, he buys it hook, line, and sinker.   She promotes the idea to greedy Mom who is torn as to what to do, sacrifice her own son to maintain a relationship with Miseong, or be truthful.  Pretty much a no brainer for a person with low morals.   Restaurant Dad is not on board, but preview shows idiot son approaching the mansion in new clothes, dressed for the part.  Pres. Shin has been duped by HK after she had the secretary change the DNA report to a false one.  She convinces Pres. Shin to let her tell Gramps so that she can get back into the house.  He agrees with the stipulation that HK never tell Gramps that Woo Jung is his daughter.

@msmy.. so glad to have you here to discuss this drama chingu. I agree drama is progressing nicely but at times I hate watching WJ being bullied. 

1...  WJ is still dating Yoon Do Bin. So glad to see her not running awat from him. Also glad that the couple I am shipping will continue to sail. WJ is the best person to be with Do Bin. She doesn’t whine or scold him but ask him did you have to reveal about the slush fund and he answered her truthfully. She listened to him and understood him.  

Did DB reveal it because of Han Woo Jung or is it due to his principles?  I think he did due to his principal because he is tired of whatching Misaeng Group bullying smaller groups for their own benefit. 

Hwa Kyung has finally given up of Yoon Do Bin. Now has she really? She seems to be the vindictive type and willing to destroy her rivals happiness because it makes her happy. Please don’t get me wrong , But so very happy with what HK is doing. I am happy she is diving her own grave. So happy that Heo Yong-Sim was dumb enough to trust Hwa Kyung. Once the truth comes out she will put the blame on her and Yong-Sim will finally see what working with the devil is truly like. 

Hwa Kyung will make Yoon Jar Bin falll head over heels in love with her and they will probably get married , so that she can be welcome back to the family. Once she is back she will everything she can to ruin her father but in the end she will lose Yeon Hee’s love because she dares to hurt the man Yeon Hee can’t bare to lose. Once the truth comes out about who the real grandson they will finally whorl together to get rid of her. Ironically only Jae Bin will remain her anchor once everyone turn their back on her. Once he finds out all the horrible stuff she did and is going to do in the future to him and his family he will walk away from her. In the end she will

have realized she did fall for Jae Bin but he won’t accept her because she hurt him really badly and other people. I believe in her quest for power she will commit crimes that she will have to go jail to pay for her crimes. 

Yong Sim is truly disgusting, she of all people should no judging a person by their appearance is wrong but she did it and she will have to pay for it. Her decision will hit both of her sons she claims she love. These decisions proves whom she loves more it is Jae Bin. I really hate her comment on how she hated playing favorite between Do Bin ans Jae Bin. I just wanted to hurl at all her pathetic excuses she said about why she did it. :angry:

@UnniSarah  that circled word means love crush... arrow pointing from HK to DB... HK having a one-way love crush on DB 
DB arrow to WJ is both ways as in both love each other and is not a one-way feeling. And JB one-way arrow to HK.

Having just finish watching ep 5, I still want to whack YS big big time.  $$$ is more powerful to her than her "love" for her own son JB. Tho HK suggested it to her, she should stand firm but instead she cannot even think straight.

The biggest joy would be when Grandpa discover the truth and the best is after HW gets her way in marrying JB and Grandpa discovers the "scam" and out the world both of them go.  Oh...isn't that so sweet :tounge_wink:
Grandpa right-hand man Chief Secretary Kwon is not loyal to Grandpa. He is a "yo-yo" that bounces whichever direction. How can he provide information to YH knowing very well whatever Grandpa ask him to do or tell him is within Grandpa and him.  Speaking of which CS Kwon is a perfect match to Secretary Min. Both are "yo-yo" who do not stay loyal to their boss.

What's the ending going to be like?
Who's going to be so dead?
Will JW recover and gets back to work at Anchorwoman?
Is wedding bells going to toll for DB and WJ?

Guess I need to stay "loyal" to this series to find that out.

@jojoanna...hang in there and keep watching.  The episodes are a little sporadic, since they're pre-empted when Korea has some must see athletic events, holidays that must be observed, or things are in the works like  World Peace.  At this rate I hope we're all still friends by the time this finishes, like next summer.  :grimace:

Archived