[Drama 2018-2019] Secrets and Lies, 비밀과 거짓말

0ly40

@msmy, after reading your post, I'm looking forward to the coming episodes. I hope the Chairman finds out how his daughter betrayed him on so many levels and all of them out of his house. I hope DB will move out of that house and into his grandfather's house with his wife.

@Takingthehighroad, I absolutely agree with you. I'm ready for him to act like a grown man instead of a child who doesn't have a voice to speak.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if someone could make a summary of this show - it would be great for other to know what a disgusting story line this drama is.  I think neither the writer or producer should be paid for such kinds of drama.  We soompiers should start making a Writer Trash List (WTL) so we don't waste our time with such kind of drama.  They had all the capability to make this a great one, but oh well............. was their constant reply.

What is so stupid about the plot of this drama is you have EVERYONE, EVERYONE knowing the truth that DB is the real grandson and no one is stepping forward to stop this charade wish has this grandfather  hating his grandson and trying to get others to hurt him. Yes, there is a lesson that you don't want to do harm to others because you never know what the future brings, but my goodness, this is just ridiculous.  Glad the grandfather is trying to find out more and glad that his "artificial heart" was touched by DB's tears, but we need this to move on.

4 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Glad the grandfather is trying to find out more and glad that his "artificial heart" was touched by DB's tears, but we need this to move on.

The grandfather must have been a shrewd business man who picks up on facial expressions, conversations and tonality.  He picked up that DB wanted to tell him something.  So he sent his goon to find out.  He then went to the parents and picked up on the test that should have been done.  But this definitely needs to move on.  Everytime I see HK with her smirk, I want to throw cold water on her face.  That is how disgusted this series feels.  Also, where does all the backbone goes, once something happens.  Why is DB such a wimp.  Why is JB so greedy.  Is the writer saying tthat once you are in such an environment, you become similar to that?

Just pulling my hair out with this writer.  As I said, Need to black list some of the writers.  

21 hours ago, Takingthehighroad said:

I've been watching this drama from the git-go because of the seasoned actors/actresses who play restaurant mom, Pres. Shin, WJ's mom, and the Chairman's daughter. But...disappointment is an understatement. Only in the last few episodes has it gotten worth watching. I'm ready for DB to grow a pair and lose his tempter instead of cry.

This drama is the worst role they could have ever played..

Well... episode 110 is explosive. From what I fast forwarded...the last 12 minutes are worth it (my Korean is really limited so it’s based on impressions and action)

• I think JB and HK divorced
  • Mother ofJB is still nasty to DB and WJ
  • Father of Wj tells JB to leave his kid alone or else he will reveal something (didn’t understand that- only saw JB was scared)
  • Mama of WJ warns Grandpa Oh to not do what he will regret
  • HK takes JB mom to hotel for something and she sees playboy fiancée with another guy
  • HK calls for playboy implying for an affair, he wraps his arm around her shoulders  and they go to a room ... but it’s the room of his fiancée and her boy toy. Big beating in the room
  • playboy lets her know that Daughter Oh is doing something - result in argument where mama tells HK to die
  • JB mama saw HK and playboy in lobby, family meeting and end result of it, HK is thrown out by Mama, sprayed with salt and HK vows revenge
  •  HK is homeless and unloved and hated and ....

Spoiler

HK tells Grandpa Oh that JB is a fake

Stay tuned ... finally fireworks?

9 minutes ago, noomma said:

Well... episode 110 is explosive. From what I fast forwarded...the last 12 minutes are worth it (my Korean is really limited so it’s based on impressions and action)

• Father of Wj tells JB to leave his kid alone or else he will reveal something (didn’t understand that- only saw JB was scared)
  • Mama of WJ warns Grandpa Oh to not do what he will regret
  • HK takes JB mom to hotel for something and she sees playboy fiancée with another guy
  • HK calls for playboy implying for an affair, he wraps his arm around her shoulders  and they go to a room ... but it’s the room of his fiancée and her boy toy. Big beating in the room
  • playboy lets her know that Daughter Oh is doing something - result in argument where mama tells HK to die
  • JB mama saw HK and playboy in lobby, family meeting and end result of it, HK is thrown out by Mama, sprayed with salt and HK vows revenge

Hide contents

You got everything right. The best scene was when JB mom throw salt on HK after she kicked her out of the house lol:joy:. How ironic is that HK dropped the bomb herself when it was her that started this mess in the first place. The look on gramps face was priceless at the end lol.

• Mama of WB warns Grandpa Oh to not do what he will regret

Spoiler

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

You got everything right. The best scene was when JB mom throw salt on HK after she kicked her out of the house lol:joy:. How ironic is that HK dropped the bomb herself when it was her that started this mess in the first place. The look on gramps face was priceless at the end lol.

Is that what she said? Whoaaaa ... girl has some steel armor on her

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

How ironic is that HK dropped the bomb herself when it was her that started this mess in the first place. The look on gramps face was priceless at the end lol.

Yes @lu09  She drop the bomb herself and the kicker will be she'll tell him that his daughter knew all the time but she won't reveal who the real G/son is.. HK refuse to let WJ live a lifestyle better then hers.. She's going to try and milk this for all she can.. HJ isn't going to live homeless and broke alone she's going to take all she can with her.. Now the big question is will the chairman believe her.. She may have told him just to see him go into cardiac arrest.. If he does she'll walk off and leave him to die.

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

Yes @lu09  She drop the bomb herself and the kicker will be she'll tell him that his daughter knew all the time but she won't reveal who the real G/son is.. HK refuse to let WJ live a lifestyle better then hers.. She's going to try and milk this for all she can.. HJ isn't going to live homeless and broke alone she's going to take all she can with her.. Now the big question is will the chairman believe her.. She may have told him just to see him go into cardiac arrest.. If he does she'll walk off and leave him to die.

Don't forget the lady who threw the salt today.  I am happy if both the vice chairman and JB mom get punished.  At least grandpa has a clue and will realize why DB was tearing up in prison when he met him.  

The other revelation was that crazy Mom is working with a prosecutor to make a legal case against HK.  In the end, though, when Chairman finds out that his own daughter knew of the scheme, she may be out also.  @sava2sava... I had the same thought as to whether the chairman will believe HK.  Her history of lies may cause him to blow her off, but tall secretary may confirm it later.  Pres. Shin is wasting no time waiting for others to act.  He's come out like a tiger going to protect his family.  JB looked shaken.:tears:

4 hours ago, msmy said:

The other revelation was that crazy Mom is working with a prosecutor to make a legal case against HK.  In the end, though, when Chairman finds out that his own daughter knew of the scheme, she may be out also.  @sava2sava... I had the same thought as to whether the chairman will believe HK.  Her history of lies may cause him to blow her off, but tall secretary may confirm it later.  Pres. Shin is wasting no time waiting for others to act.  He's come out like a tiger going to protect his family.  JB looked shaken.:tears:

@msmy  Yes JB is shaken.. JB thought all would protect his secret.. He even had the gall to try and go at President Shin who kindly told him he hasn't told because of the facts DB was waiting for him to tell chairman himself.. Now that the old man is threatening to harm his daughter and SIL,, He's not going to sit back and watch them being hurt behind and impostor.. Now that HK has spilled the beans will JB think it was DB that told him or Shin.. JB is very dangerous now because he and HK got a divorce and loosing his place in the chobeol household makes him dangeros enough to kill.. Just who will he try and kill..? JB has no one to blame for this but his Mom and Ex wife.. Once he found out he was and impostor he should have stop the charade but no he can't..

I'm wondering since HK set brat boy up to catch his fiancee would brat boy also go and tell the chairman that JB is a fake he may be just the one to tell him who his real G/son is..  HK won't tell the chairman because of the facts she's still trying to hang in there some kind of way since crazy mom is working with the DA to have her arrested.. I do think she'll rub it in the chairman face that his daughter knew all this time..  It would be funny if G/pa makes JB DB underling..  Make all of them house servants.. I donlt see how JB mom and Dad can get out of not going to jail also..

Finally WJ spoke up it's not right to see DB torn up like this.. When will he see that it's time they stop hurting  him and trusting them to undo what they did.. None of them won't budge, Even WJ Mom has warned the old man not to touch them.. I think JB would be the one to do it and if so let him rot in jail also it's his parents fault.. 

Another question is will JB try and kill himself..? 

Sadly, WJ and DB seem almost like secondary characters in this drama.  HK seems to be the primary character in this drama. Even the lines that WJ and DB are given to say sounds stupid and obvious. The writer will have DB say something, and WJ will parrot whatever he said.  

Well since HK had dropped the bomb that JB is a fake, can't help but think grandfather's artificial heart is going to take a nose dive.

@UnniSarah Merry christmas to you and your family too.

10 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Sadly, WJ and DB seem almost like secondary characters in this drama.  HK seems to be the primary character in this drama. Even the lines that WJ and DB are given to say sounds stupid and obvious. The writer will have DB say something, and WJ will parrot whatever he said.  

Well since HK had dropped the bomb that JB is a fake, can't help but think grandfather's artificial heart is going to take a nose dive.

yes she is the lead for this drama . i read she is an idol in korea or some thing like that . this drama is for her to shine. i didn't like her acting neither loook but....

Thanks @UnniSarah  Hello Everyone And Merry Christmas..

Wow what and episode.. After HK drop the bomb Crazy Daughter still trying to protect the secret and cover for JB. Not one person mentioned who the real G/son is..   He conducted his on blood test and got the results back JB isn't his G/son.. President Shin has snatch up JB his parents and scary HK.. HK seems to be asking Chairman about JB whom in return told her to worry about herself.. After he got into his daughter butt for lying going along with this charade.. Crazy Daughter seems to have told him something in regards to President Shin taking over with the approval of the board.. She place in his mind the emphasis on her Ex husband and what might can happen..

Now I'm wondering will he let JB stay as the fake G/son to do all the dirty work he can.. He'll becone the running dog.. Chairman wants something bad to happen to DB and WJ.. So he may tell JB if he wants to stay as his G.son to get rid of them..   

10 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@lclarakl  The heart didn't take a nose dive, Actually that old ticker seems to have step up a pace or two enough to snatch people up and place them in different places so no one could lie.. I still thinks he went to light on his daughter but maybe he got something in stor for her later..

You are so right when it comes to WJ and DB they are the secondary characters.. After HK little fiascal at the chairman house she had the gall to go to JB house and cook breakfast for them.. Her and Mom have more words and a hair pulling scene  only to be told by HK that she told chairman that JB was a fake.. Now all that comotion that was going on in the room DB never came in to see what was going on or what was talk about.. One would think to try and listen to whats going on since it involves his life.. He just sit there blindly dumb all the time.. In the mean while now that Chairman as got them all seperated she has the nerve to call and sang a song to a over grown man.. SMH.. She's looking for DB to come save them when she could care less about him.. I bet they won't tell the Chairman that DB is his real G/son..  

14 minutes ago, Leila Essalih said:

@UnniSarah Merry christmas to you and your family too.

yes she is the lead for this drama . i read she is an idol in korea or some thing like that . this drama is for her to shine. i didn't like her acting neither loook but....

I think she should stick to her singing because her acting sucks

14 hours ago, lclarakl said:

it seems to me that we talked about it at the beginning of this drama that HK, who is the wicked, is also the main character of this drama. In general in this genre it is always the kind lead and who undergoes all kinds of bad things. Now, not only is HK mean and doing terrible things, but terrible things happen to her too.
This drama is very focused on HK and its actions

@UnniSarah Thank you. Wishing you and your family a wonderful & very merry Christmas as well! 

I did not know HK was/is an idol. But her acting abilities is lacking for sure. She was in another daily drama last year I believe in which she was the lead. I gave up on it several eps in and tuned in for the ending. Just as I thought, another fizzle dud of a drama! Her acting chops did not improve one bit. She also had no chemistry with both her co-stars. She is very stiff and is horrible with anything emotional. When she's supposed to be angry, all she does is open her eyes wider. I basically watch this drama in FF mode. It's not just her, the entire drama sucks. I've been skipping eps and just reading up on the summaries/recaps provided by many kind posters in this thread.

I need to avoid this writer and the actress portraying HK.

Happy holidays everyone!

Archived