[Drama 2018-2019] Secrets and Lies, 비밀과 거짓말

0ly40

One thing we've learned from this drama is that there is a lack of "manly men" in Korea that can handle petite women.  My goodness, what was crazy Mom thinking in giving HK a knife... and by the way, how does a prisoner just walk away from her handlers anyway to go to the bathroom without supervision?  Yikes.

So now HK is on the loose, everybody hates her and she has nowhere to go.  Time to guess her fate, fellow posters.  Jail?  Suicide? Seclusion?     I'm going with the famous white box truck to bump her off.  :o

I

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, msmy said:

So now HK is on the loose, everybody hates her and she has nowhere to go.  Time to guess her fate, fellow posters.  Jail?  Suicide? Seclusion?     I'm going with the famous white box truck to bump her off.  :o

@msmy  Your guessing the white Hyundai truck of doom to come take care of her I think not.. Looney tune daughter did that because of her anger and pity for herself.. Now G/pa has accepted the nephews wife she thinks it's her right to accept HK even after all she has done.. She could careless about HK but wants Wj to feel some kind of guilt behind HK but it's more of the guilt and pity for herself.. Look she even went after a women tthat had a past with her Ex husband.. Daughter is just a miserable person ad wants evertone to be miserable like her.. Another thing she knows once DB and WJ has children she'll have nothing not even a word in Miseong group. Her entertaining the thought if her Ex daughter becomes the Mdm of Miseong tthis must be eating her up alive on the inside remeber HK hjas trained her to think like this..

I say it's jail for HK

Actually it's Protect the King/Blessing of the Sea... it seems to have 2 titles.  The writer is Choi Yun Kul and she wrote  "Teacher Oh Soon Nam" (2017).  I did not watch it, but it had quite negative comments on another site, so.... :(

4 hours ago, msmy said:

Actually it's Protect the King/Blessing of the Sea... it seems to have 2 titles.  The writer is Choi Yun Kul and she wrote  "Teacher Oh Soon Nam" (2017).  I did not watch it, but it had quite negative comments on another site, so.... :(

I think they dragged and dragged and dragged that one.  It was crazy.  Glad I just watched after the drama ended so did not have to go through the pain . 

Pardon my language but WTF was that ending?:crazy:. HK tries to commit suicide at the river with a smile on her face while JB is running to stop her. I swear if I didn't see the credits rolling at the end, I wouldnt think this was the last episode. 

4 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Pardon my language but WTF was that ending?:crazy:. HK tries to commit suicide at the river with a smile on her face while JB is running to stop her. I swear if I didn't see the credits rolling at the end, I wouldnt think this was the last episode. 

I knew she would be forgiven and this ending was expected. 

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018-2019] Secrets and Lies, 비밀과 거짓말

It's a pretty logical end for HK after all the harm she did, we can imagine that unfortunately JB did not manage to get her out of the sea. She ends so alone, it's the consequence of her actions .
I really felt sorry for HK maybe it was possible for her to start a new life after being in prison

Okay I must confess I feel conflicted here, the websites say 124 episodes yet it says its ended at 122. Additionally you dont find out what happens with JB as he is chasing after HW.

Normally there is an ending of closure for them, they are at the decision making process after all the chaos what they want to do, and given yes its different but strangely i didnt see much other options for HW due to her pride.  But the others have partially moving on with their lives but still doesnt seem rounded out and completed.

Have to agree... this kind of "open ending" wasn't definite for me.  The title of this last episode should be "Cry me a River", as HK has plenty of excuses as to why she was so rotten.    I don't buy that anymore than the fact that she was a downtrodden street person, then managed to come up with some designer outfits at the end.  By chastising Grandpa, she managed to put herself at least one notch higher than him on the "low life scale".    Totally a "meh" ending.  Thanks, posters, for hanging in there.  ;)

56 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

Okay I must confess I feel conflicted here, the websites say 124 episodes yet it says its ended at 122. Additionally you dont find out what happens with JB as he is chasing after HW.

Normally there is an ending of closure for them, they are at the decision making process after all the chaos what they want to do, and given yes its different but strangely i didnt see much other options for HW due to her pride.  But the others have partially moving on with their lives but still doesnt seem rounded out and completed.

IT does not matter whether they have an open ending or a closed one.  The drama went bonkers a long time ago.  When someone is allowed to do heinous criminal offenses over and over again and that kind of behavior is touted and encouraged, you can figure out what kind of a writer that would be.  In addition to that, there was literally no punishment for that person.  As a true parent that is how they would raise a child.  Even though we know that punishing a child is abuse (USA), kids do get punished in different ways so the child learns what they did was wrong.  a parent who allows such thing to happen is not a parent at all.  When I saw YH saying to WJ's mom that HK was still her daughter and kind of wanted her to forgive her, I was literally throwing up.  I would be apologizing and putting my child on a time out.  She did not do that growing up and now HK is all grown up and an adult.  So she needed to be punished as an adult.  But every one asking HK to be forgiven was total stupidity.  

Anyway, TGIF and this is over.  Just going to stay away from MBC itself.  Looks like their dramas are getting crappier and crappier over all.  

@angelwingssf  Had to laugh when i woke up and seen your respond, it was quite funny actually.  Yes the show went completely bonkers some time ago.  Not sure i overly paid attention to half of the crap as it was so rediculous.

But yes another reoccuring theme seems to be as a parent to take responsibility for your child and help them avoid punishment in anyway shape or form.  As its the parents fault for raising them wrong.  Then shouldnt the parent be doing the right thing now.......i guess its easier said than actually done i suppose.  But yes its getting extremely annoying now.

8 hours ago, lu09 said:

THANK GID THIS DRAMA HAS ENDED.. THEY SHOULD BURN IT.. THIS DRAMA SHOULD NEVER BE IN THE DRAMA ARCHIEVES..

SPEECHLESS AND HAVE NO COMMENT ON THE LAST EPISODE..

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

THANK GID THIS DRAMA HAS ENDED.. THEY SHOULD BURN IT.. THIS DRAMA SHOULD NEVER BE IN THE DRAMA ARCHIEVES..

SPEECHLESS AND HAVE NO COMMENT ON THE LAST EPISODE..

Don't forget - HK got an award for this crap.  Writer should also get an award for the worst writing and be reprimanded to writing school.  

2 hours ago, fragglerock said:

But yes another reoccuring theme seems to be as a parent to take responsibility for your child and help them avoid punishment in anyway shape or form.  As its the parents fault for raising them wrong.  Then shouldnt the parent be doing the right thing now.......i guess its easier said than actually done i suppose.  But yes its getting extremely annoying now.

I am glad I brought some laughter today with my comment.  

Now HK is an adult.  Adults should be dealt as adults.  Since MH itself and her father are not adults there raises the question of who should reprimand them.  The law.  But they have purchased the law.  Even DB is not a straight up character.  If they had jailed everyone in Miseong and let DB run the business till they got out, I would say at least they did that even though that is like a trickle in a river.  But at least that would be a trickle.  But the writer is horrible allowing such characters to walk on the street.  It became contagious like the swine fever and has to eradicated by quarantine only - even prison can get contaminated with this scum -  Please add the writer to that list..  That is my best solution.  

Archived