[Taiwanese BL Drama 2019] HIStory2 - Crossing the Line (越界)

Kyleaddicted

The same problem in every story/Series/Drama/Lakorn/ANime/TeleNovela/Show/ Etc Etc etc: M O NE Y XD  I hope a season 2, this story was the best I watched from all the HIStorys seasons.

actually... They can makea hole story with the first season, with 12-16 episodes, with the main line story, the second line story (The stepbrothers) and the third line story (The captain and the Fujoshi girl) xD there is a lot work to do :D

4 hours ago, clon_105 said:

The same problem in every story/Series/Drama/Lakorn/ANime/TeleNovela/Show/ Etc Etc etc: M O NE Y XD  I hope a season 2, this story was the best I watched from all the HIStorys seasons.

actually... They can makea hole story with the first season, with 12-16 episodes, with the main line story, the second line story (The stepbrothers) and the third line story (The captain and the Fujoshi girl) xD there is a lot work to do :D

Finally, someone as passionate about this as I am! I’ve watched Crossing the Line TWICE in a span of two days. I have to stop myself from watching it a third time so I just watch the interviews with English subs. 

Will be posting links to some of their interviews and BTS on the weekend. 

I dont think money is a major concern because even in the interview which I posted here, so many seem willing to pitch in or contribute. I’ve looked at Zach’s Facebook page too and he seems very good at advertising products. Sponsors will see potential in funding an entire season of Crossing the Line. As you said, so many aspects can be explored, not just the main, but I hope they give most episodes to the main couple because their chemistry is just on a different level altogether! 

Let’s get more people into this topic discussion to get more insights! 

Think though Taiwan is more open on BL theme....the support either from sponsors or govt grants is still very little (compared to regular themes)...so whatever BL drama or movie, budget is still a concern. But should be enough for short drama series....or maybe small indie films.

For a start, feel Chocotv is already doing a not bad job....if the response is good, probably we will see another season next yr. I feel their casting are always not too bad, the chemistry is there, the acting aren't too awkward. But one thing is they will probably do new stories instead of sequels.

Btw Zach Lu 卢彦泽 cameo in another BL-themed drama Dark Blue and Moonlight, as a swimming coach in ep 1....not noticeable probably b'cos of hairstyle. This drama was shown in dec 2017. .

Spoiler

The actor is 28yo, started acting since 2014. His roles are quite versatile (mean variety) but i think not really famous. His current supporting role is in a family-themed drama 金家好媳妇 100% wife.....those taiwan family-themed long-winded drama. In Hokkien dialect. A sample :

Know out of topic...just sidetrack abit....japanese BL Ossan's Love (drama version) debuts on 21 Apr.

Spoiler

Originally an internet movie in 2016...now a drama version, think they retain 2 of the main actors.

1 hour ago, Cedric Ong said:

Think though Taiwan is more open on BL theme....the support either from sponsors or govt grants is still very little (compared to regular themes)...so whatever BL drama or movie, budget is still a concern. But should be enough for short drama series....or maybe small indie films.

For a start, feel Chocotv is already doing a not bad job....if the response is good, probably we will see another season next yr. I feel their casting are always not too bad, the chemistry is there, the acting aren't too awkward. But one thing is they will probably do new stories instead of sequels.

Btw Zach Lu 卢彦泽 cameo in another BL-themed drama Dark Blue and Moonlight, as a swimming coach in ep 1....not noticeable probably b'cos of hairstyle. This drama was shown in dec 2017. .

Reveal hidden contents

The actor is 28yo, started acting since 2014. His roles are quite versatile (mean variety) but i think not really famous. His current supporting role is in a family-themed drama 金家好媳妇 100% wife.....those taiwan family-themed long-winded drama. In Hokkien dialect. A sample :

Know out of topic...just sidetrack abit....japanese BL Ossan's Love (drama version) debuts on 21 Apr.

Hide contents

Originally an internet movie in 2016...now a drama version, think they retain 2 of the main actors.

Cedric, what an honour to have you drop by this forum! Thank you! 

I started following this BL series because of Addicted, and judging by their popularity, all that needs to happen is for there to be a sustained movement to support it. I've watched Dark Blue and Moonlight (all episodes) and I still like Crossing the Line better. Crossing the Line's writing was tight and perfect, and the acting was extremely good. Everyone was so natural, the comedy was just right (not too hammy or ridiculous), and the drama really managed to touch the heart. I haven't liked a series this much since Addicted, and I think in a lot of respects it's even better than Addicted. Not to see a 2nd Season for Crossing the Line would be a waste of the story and the acting. How they could raise additional funds is through fan meets, providing English subs to the videos, making the CHOCO tv app available outside Taiwan, and selling the OST on apple tunes. 

You're right, CHOCO TV has done a great job making Crossing the Line and other BL movies/series. Their writers, directors, and staff are topnotch, and their cast (most of all the Crossing the Line cast) was picked expertly. I hope more businessmen see CHOCO tv's potential and invest in it. The BL market is big specially in Asia. 

-

I could watch Zach in any sitcom or series even if I don't understand a word! I just spent around ten minutes watching the link you gave me, trying to find shots of him! I just wish they'd give him more breaks cause he acts really well and is a sunny presence to see on TV. He just radiates so much happiness! He doesn't even have to have makeup to look good. I hope they also do a longer and more personal interview of him. I've tried finding more material about him but I just couldn't, aside from his FB page and instagram. 

5 hours ago, Nill Llim said:

I don't think they lack this much on money... They just work like this from the start, short stories and new couples each time.

Too sad but they probably keep it like this :'( 

We can't let it end that way! It's too beautiful to end right away. :(

3 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

What!? ,I watched Blue Moon but i didn't recognize Zach Lu, the Japanese movie I hope a better version from the movie... 

4 hours ago, clon_105 said:

What!? ,I watched Blue Moon but i didn't recognize Zach Lu, the Japanese movie I hope a better version from the movie... 

He's there! He's the swimming instructor. Check the first Episode of Dark Blue and Moonlight. I didn't recognise him at first because of the hair, but you can't miss that voice. Zach Lu's voice is just....:wub: 

He was punched there by the lead character because he turned away the other lead character (the student). Now I want to punch the one who punched him. :D:ph34r:

In other news, I think this is their funniest interview so far: 

The hosts were so funny and game! And look at how Zach chose to act with Fandy again if they're going to make a movie for the Golden Horse Award.  :blush: :heart: Fandy didn't reciprocate though, but he made some valid points too! 

Damn, I can't get this series off my mind! And this song isn't helping at all! I feel in love just by listening to it. :bawling:

15 hours ago, clon_105 said:

Is The singer one if the old stepbrothers?

I don’t think so, clon_105, though I thought so too at the start. It’s the singer, Li Zhenyuan. The older brother is Patrick Shih.

I have a treat for everyone here who likes Zach Lu! 

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!  :D

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/www.asiaone.com/showbiz/who-real-kim-soo-hyun%3famp

From insurance agent to now a budding actor, he never ceases to amaze!! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived