[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

Resharing teaser 1. Hehe

I didn't watch Gu's Family Book. But I did watch Dream High, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho and also King 2 Hearts. So this won't be my first time watching Suzy or LSG in a drama.

I'm on this ride for Shin Sung Rok. I don't expect his screentime would be a lot. But it's ok. More than half of my faves are 2nd leads or supporting characters anyways. Hahahaha

And this is the only glimpse of SSR that I got from the teaser 1 :sweatingbullets:

L78EoD.gif

And like 1 sec of his voice. Puhaha

And also because I've visited Morocco recently, so I'm very interested to see the scenes in Morocco :lol:

And also for the plot. I read its a political action thriller. I hope it will be exciting to watch. Fighting Vagabond!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Resharing teaser 1. Hehe

Thank you so much for the teaser!:wub: This is action! Here is this drive! It is simply impossible to look away from the screen !!!
The main thing is that such an action was not only in the first two series, but throughout the entire drama ...:w00t:

They have upcoming shooting schedule on Mar. 17 and Mar. 18 in Daegu, a city in southern part of Korea. They say it is large-scale car chasing sequence (probably very important scenes) so they have to block busy roads for shooting. Detour announcements were already made. Hope weather is good and everything goes smoothly.  

• Like 3

On 3/14/2019 at 10:45 PM, findit said:

They have upcoming shooting schedule on Mar. 17 and Mar. 18 in Daegu, a city in southern part of Korea. They say it is large-scale car chasing sequence (probably very important scenes) so they have to block busy roads for shooting. Detour announcements were already made. Hope weather is good and everything goes smoothly.  

They will probably keep filming till April! Now I'm wondering if maybe the episode order is higher than 24! 

I really hope there will be a good amount of romance. I've been hoping to see Suzy/Lee Seung reuniting again. And finally, it's here! I like action and adventure genres too as well as drama, but I need romance in the mix too! 

Is this anm expensive drama? They've been filming since.. forever. Yeah I wonder how many episodes.

I hope this is worth it. With the tandem of writer and directo, I know it will be. I've been waiting.  This is political genre. After Promethus was cancelled.. this is like the next best thing .. I think.

42 minutes ago, findit said:

Lots of car crash, chasing, and overturn & decent amount of blood on LSG's face

Action, action, action! Continuous Action! :w00t: What my heart desires so much! I look forward to an excellent drama, where there will be no time to be bored. But yes, a small dose of romance is needed here ...

• Like 1

Those pics don't give anything away (or maybe someone thought they did) but they probably can't share anything and end up deleting them. Happens all the time.

The wait feels endless. Regardless of when they'll complete filming, heavy promotion should start in April.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Yep. The post was deleted. I wonder why~

I saw it before it got deleted... I also wonder why. Someone must have told him to delete it though.

When I watch the trailer (I know it's supposed to be super serious and whatnot), but I keep laughing. I'm not a psychopath but whenever I hear LSG's voice, I keep thinking about Master in the House and it's really hilarious so it keeps distracting me from the actual content of the video... BUT! The trailer does look promising despite its shortness. Really action-based from what I can see.

I'm looking forward to the chemistry between the cast though. As SSR is known for playing the villain mainly and as his last appearance in TLE really captivated me, I look forward to what his role brings to the table... Maybe it'll be another one of those where we fall for the second lead and not the first. But... WHO KNOWS. 

18 hours ago, xprosperity said:

I saw it before it got deleted... I also wonder why. Someone must have told him to delete it though.

Haha..i wonder why they keep deleting ig posts. Some fans were fast enough to repost ssang_gamja's ig post. But its no longer available on his ig.

18 hours ago, xprosperity said:

I'm looking forward to the chemistry between the cast though. As SSR is known for playing the villain mainly and as his last appearance in TLE really captivated me, I look forward to what his role brings to the table... Maybe it'll be another one of those where we fall for the second lead and not the first. But... WHO KNOWS. 

I just reallllyyy hope somehow SSR is not a villain in this. Please be a loyal and nice person and please don't go cray2 on us. Hahahaha

I know that SSR has gained a lot of fans from The Last Empress....BUT I REALLY hope viewers are not going to start rooting for his character and Suzy's. I really don't want a love triangle or a "changed" ending like Last Empress got with the other good guy lead not even being present in the ending...Based on character descriptions, it does look like HIS character will like Suzy's but her character will like LSG's character....so yeah, there will be stuff happening in this square (another female is supposed to like SSR's character)....

I adore LSG and Suzy's chemistry so much and have been waiting for a second drama with them since Gu Family Book! I really don't want for the writer to change anything based on fan response. That's another reason why I'm glad filming will be fully done by May. Of course, there is the danger of alternative filming happening later. But I hope they won't do that.....

SSR is a great actor. But I really didn't understand fans rooting for him and the lead female in the Last Empress....He was so abusive towards her....

3 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

I know that SSR has gained a lot of fans from The Last Empress....BUT I REALLY hope viewers are not going to start rooting for his character and Suzy's. I really don't want a love triangle or a "changed" ending like Last Empress got with the other good guy lead not even being present in the ending...Based on character descriptions, it does look like HIS character will like Suzy's but her character will like LSG's character....so yeah, there will be stuff happening in this square (another female is supposed to like SSR's character)....

I adore LSG and Suzy's chemistry so much and have been waiting for a second drama with them since Gu Family Book! I really don't want for the writer to change anything based on fan response. That's another reason why I'm glad filming will be fully done by May. Of course, there is the danger of alternative filming happening later. But I hope they won't do that.....

SSR is a great actor. But I really didn't understand fans rooting for him and the lead female in the Last Empress....He was so abusive towards her....

To be honest, I hope they don't make any relationship triangles/square in Vagabond but from the character chart, it seems that there will be one. How much they will delve into it is another story. I hope not too much and it remains centered on the action political espionage stuff instead of romance. Plus, this is preproduced so I have hopes that storyline wise, the drama will not be affected much by viewers outcry (if any). And why does an esponiage drama need a love triangle/square to begin with? Hahaha

Nevertheless I do want SSR not to be a villain. I read that he is not a villain in Vagabond, then I saw fan pics, and I'm back to questioning is he really not a villain in this? :sweatingbullets:

TLE case was icky. Hoping it won't repeat. It left many unsatisfied. Hua3

Spoiler

Good thing I was not swayed by any ship in TLE. I was mainly on the ride to see Emperor be a nice human being but he kept swinging back and forth, I had whiplash :P

I didn't support both male leads to end up with Sunny. Emperor was too evil at the start and became progressively more unstable throughout meanwhile the bodyguard had a bullet in his head and was not emotionally stable too.

Emperor was bonkers, great TV entertainment and delivers a whole spectrum of emotions, which frankly was a sight to behold. I don't want to encounter him in real life though, only on the screen can I tolerate the level of cray emperor was. Hahaha.

They wrapped up 3-4 day shooting in Ulsan on Friday after finishing up 2 day heavy shooting in Daegu. Based on actors' SNS interactions, there will be more shooting today (Saturday) in another city. The cast seem to have a lot of fun, treating dinner to one another (first day dinner was on LSG, second day - SSR, third day - Suzy, etc) and even practicing lines in dinner table!  

And my 2 cents on TLE & Vagabond 

Spoiler

I think TLE's case is pretty unique and totally different from Vagabond's.

First of all, TLE writer is VERY WELL KNOWN for responding to viewer reaction and twisting plots for rating. She has done it many times in the past, making second lead or even minor roles to lead positions. So it was never surprise to Korean viewers that she did it again. Actually many viewers worried about it even before the drama started when we saw character description. She's that notorious on that front. (Good storyteller though, I enjoyed it up to a point). Vagabond writer tends to focus on one lead character and makes him/her extremely suffer and overcome many obstacles to achieve his/her goal. It could be male lead or female lead (Ki Empress's case).  

Secondly, TLE portraits story of a Royal family and the center of Royal family is Emperor/Empress, of course, not a bodyguard (another male lead). Vagabond portraits story of a stuntman who pursues national conspiracy after losing his nephew, so story revolves around the stuntman. 

• Like 1

Thanks for responding to my comment, guys. I appreciate it.

I like having a romance in an action series because it intensifies scenes and the drama. The storylines are more emotional. So I really hope LSG/Suzy's characters have a fully developed romance because without it, it would be a missed opportunity given their already proven chemistry in Gu Family Book. 

Does this writer usually have happy endings or mostly depressed endings? That's another thing I'm wondering since it is an action series. In those, sometimes, the lead characters get a very sad ending. I prefer happy endings because real life can be tough enough. It's better to see something more hopeful in shows...Any thoughts on this series' possible endgame?