[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

4 hours ago, jongski said:

And I was just asking prev post if there's a female lead and who are the other cast. Is this confirmed? Why her? I thought she's supposed to do that Incheon Airport drama with Bo Gum? This is a spy action political thriller..... so yeah I'm scratching my hair.:unsure:

It is not confimed. Suzy is in talks to appear in drama Vagabond and Incheon Airport People.  I didn`t watch Suzy with Lee Seung Gi in Gu Family Book drama but I see that some people don`t have good things to say about that drama/ pairing. (Koalasplayground`s reaction was extreme, for exemple, when she heard about her offer.) I saw her only in While We Were Sleeping and she did OK. This time it will be an action/ a thriller drama so I wish there is a strong actress in the role, especially if this role is a NIS agent. I think the leading men will have a central part in this drama so maybe they need a rookie NIS agent in the role.

From what I see both dramas have a solid team (PD and Writer) and both have a good actor as a potential leading man. I hope she won`t do both dramas but if she has to chose one, I wish she will choose the drama Incheon Airport People with Park Bo Gum because it seams to fit better for her. We`ll see what she will decide. I will trust the casting director and believe that he/ she knows what is better for the dramas, which actress/ actor  fits the role.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@larus. yeah, I guess I was thinking of a stronger female character as well due to the story plot. Just doesn't seem to suit her. But's it's okay. I like story and the genre so I'm waiting for this. Hopefully we see other cast updates. I get excited with action thrillers.

Wow.. the line-up is no joke. I'm still hoping someone like Han Hyo Joo / Kim Ok Bin / Seo Ji Hye for the female lead role, especially Seo Ji Hye. It's time for her to shine. But I'll trust production team decision. Maybe that role meant for someone younger...  

• 2 weeks later...

For a drama that was supposed to hold their first script reading in mid-May (unless they held it in secret with or without the main leads, it's now in the next remaining 7 days of May or beyond) AND one that's supposedly going overseas next month to shoot, it sure is moving at an apparent snail's pace.

With still no confirmation on the leads I'm having doubts if LSG will do this with Jipsabu and Produce 48 on his schedule. Then again, he was doing Hwayugi and Jipsabu at the same time, and his is the only name that's been persistently mentioned.

I hope he takes it because this feels like a real breakthrough.

On 26.05.2018 at 2:57 PM, jongski said:

@larus This drama doesn't have any female lead yet.. and so does the upcoming Terius Behind Me. What's happeneing. Where are the female actors?! Wait did the lead actor confirmed?

This drama doesn`t have all the casting confirmed but they might be signed up already. There were news that Lee Seung Gi was confirmed but nothing official yet. In my opinion, both Lee Seung Gi and Suzy are confimed and they will confim officially soon.
But I don`t know what is really going on. We saw pictures with Shin Sun Rok filming (maybe he was filming).

It was announced yearlier that this drama will be compleatly pre-produced. We don`t know for sure when this drama will start airing. They promised to start filming in May but maybe they are not ready yet. They have overseas filming too.

I am not worried yet but to have some news/ updates will be nice.

Kang Chi and Yeo Wool couple were super popular at the time and the drama was a huge hit. Idc what naysayers have to say lol. Everyone was begging for a GFB Season 2 as well, myself included. They are also much better actors nowadays then they were back then, she has especially improved.  Looking forward to action Suzy and Seunggi who can show off his army training. The pd/writer and preproduction also is a plus along with the supporting cast. Very excited. 

Also seems like they are doing Korean filming first, which makes sense with his schedule. 

Lee Seung-Gi and Bae Suzy cast in SBS drama series “Vagabond”

Vagabond-KD-BS1.jpg

Lee Seung-Gi and Bae Suzy are cast in new SBS drama series “Vagabond.” The duo will play lead roles and its the first time the pair has worked together since 2013 MBC drama series “Gu Family Book.” The first script reading for the drama series took place on June 2, 2018. “Vagabond” hopes to broadcast in South Korea, Japan and the United States simultaneously with Sony Pictures as its foreign distributor.

“Vagabond” will air sometime in the second half of this year in South Korea

Cr:Asianwiki

Lee Seung Gi And Suzy Confirmed To Reunite In New Spy Drama Alongside Shin Sung Rok

E. Kang June 4, 2018

Lee-Seung-Gi-Suzy.jpg

Lee Seung Gi and Suzy will be reuniting on the small screen!

See Also: Watch: I.O.I And Wanna One Gather Together To Show Their Support For "Produce 48"

On June 5, it was confirmed that the two actors will be starring as the leads in the upcoming drama “Vagabond.”

“Vagabond” is about an ordinary man who becomes involved in an investigation into a mysterious plane crash and subsequently begins to look into the country’s deep corruption.

Lee Seung Gi will be taking on the role of stuntman Cha Gun, an overly confident, shameless individual who has 18 degrees of black belt in total across various forms of martial arts. After he finds himself caught in a completely unexpected plane crash, he dives in to find the truth of the great conspiracy behind the accident.

Suzy  will be playing National Intelligence Service agent Go Hae Ri, who decided to become a Level 7 civil servant following her father’s death in order to support her mother and younger sibling who know nothing about how harsh the world can be. While she wanted to work as a white agent (someone who works openly as a NIS agent), she ends up becoming a black agent (those in the NIS who work in espionage and must hide their identity) through a series of complications.

“Vagabond” will mark these two actors’ first production together since “Gu Family Book.” Lee Seung Giwill also be reuniting with director Yoo In Sik, four years after they worked on “You’re All Surrounded” together. Known for working on “Giant,” “History of the Salaryman,” and “Incarnation of Money” together, director Yoo In Sik and scriptwriters Jang Young Chul and Jung Kyung Soon will be collaborating once again for “Vagabond.”

Rounding out the main cast is Shin Sung Rok, who previously confirmed his casting as National Intelligence Service team leader Ki Tae Woong. They all recently met at the drama’s first script reading on June 2.

A source from Celltrion Entertainment, the production company behind the drama, commented, “With the actors, director, scriptwriters, and producers working hand-in-hand, we will make a high quality, ‘classic’ drama that hasn’t been seen in recent years. We will touch people’s hearts with detailed acting, directing, and writing that doesn’t leave out anything, from espionage and action, to unexpected twists and thrilling moments, to melodrama and humor.”

With Sony Pictures in charge of international distribution, “Vagabond” is aiming to air jointly in Korea, the United States, and Japan.

Source (1)

Cr:Soompi

June 5 2018

Lee Seung-Gi and Bae Suzy cast in SBS drama series “Vagabond”

Vagabond-KD-BS1.jpg

Lee Seung-Gi and Bae Suzy are cast in new SBS drama series “Vagabond.” The duo will play lead roles and its the first time the pair has worked together since 2013 MBC drama series “Gu Family Book.” The first script reading for the drama series took place on June 2, 2018. “Vagabond” hopes to broadcast in South Korea, Japan and the United States simultaneously with Sony Pictures as its foreign distributor.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/lee-seung-gi-and-bae-suzy-cast-in-sbs-drama-series-vagabond

I read that Cha Gun (Lee Seun Gi`s character) is the survivor of the plane crash but his nephew dies. He has a personal motivation now and he puts all his effors to discover the conspiracy.

Archived