[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Seung Gi Transforms Into Daring Stuntman With Heart Of Gold + Eye-Catching New Hair In “Vagabond”

Sep 15, 2019
by E. Ch

4eb12923ab9e4f398987846e8ddde957.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming drama “Vagabond” has unveiled a new sneak peek of Lee Seung Gi in his starring role!

“Vagabond” is a new espionage action thriller about a stuntman named Cha Dal Gun (played by Lee Seung Gi). Although he initially dreams of becoming an action movie star and looks up to Jackie Chan as his role model, the fearless Cha Dal Gun bravely embarks on a quest to uncover the hidden truth behind a mysterious plane crash after the loss of his beloved nephew. In the process, he stumbles upon a massive corruption scandal, which he ends up investigating together with National Intelligence Service (NIS) secret agent Go Hae Ri (played by Suzy).

On September 15, the upcoming drama released new stills of Lee Seung Gi in character as the reckless and daring Cha Dal Gun. Sporting an ash-blond mullet and glistening with sweat, Cha Dal Gun stops by an orphanage to check in on his nephew Hooni, where he looks noticeably unhappy as he chats with one of the nuns about the young boy. Meanwhile, Hooni stares at the ground while sitting in a crouched position to avoid the gaze of his angry uncle, piquing viewers’ curiosity about what he did to make Cha Dal Gun so upset.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1352458wpp/lee-seung-gi-transforms-into-daring-stuntman-with-heart-of-gold-in-vagabond

Any thoughts about this? Vagabond will air in 3 parts per ep. I honestly don't see this as a big deal since that is how dramas are aired in my country. But we don't go around saying ep 1 will be aired in 3 parts. It's just one ep with ads in between, is it really necessary to divide it into 2 parts or 3 parts and include it in the drama schedule. I'm not sure if this 3 part system will change how the episodes are numbered, the current 2 part system numbering is already confusing lol. 

This does not impact me much since I will watch on Netflix or other online sources. But when I do watch a drama live on TV, I don't mind the ad breaks, I got used to it. I can go to the toilet, the kitchen to grab snacks. So...I don't see having ads as a big deal and why would it affect ratings much. If a drama is good, it is good. Viewers will stay regardless if it has ads or not. 

Also the drama/station needs money..more ads = more money.

Koreans are not really used to having commercial breaks - we are still complaining about 1 commercial break - so it will definitely not sit well with viewers. There are some analysis that in-between commercials in Public TV networks actually impact ratings negatively in Korea. (Cable channels are relatively less impacted) For example, "My Ugly Duckling" (variety show) experienced significant blow in ratings after they started to insert 2 commercial breaks instead of one. I don't think commercial break is sole contributor to rating decrease of that show but general feeling toward commercial break is not favorable. But I agree at the end, if the drama is a killer, it will not matter much.  

According to presscon, production/SBS seem to push for "HaeDal couple" as their preferred couple name for Cha Dalgun & Go Haeri.

Obviously it was created by taking first characters of 2 lead names, but "HaeDal" also means "Sun and Moon" in Korean. :wub: 

Archived