[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

5 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

Thanks for responding to my comment, guys. I appreciate it.

I like having a romance in an action series because it intensifies scenes and the drama. The storylines are more emotional. So I really hope LSG/Suzy's characters have a fully developed romance because without it, it would be a missed opportunity given their already proven chemistry in Gu Family Book. 

Does this writer usually have happy endings or mostly depressed endings? That's another thing I'm wondering since it is an action series. In those, sometimes, the lead characters get a very sad ending. I prefer happy endings because real life can be tough enough. It's better to see something more hopeful in shows...Any thoughts on this series' possible endgame? 

I am somehow getting more excited for Vagabond..especially after I saw the writer's past work (giant (40% ratings!), Empress Ki, History of Salaryman were all famous) but I've never watched any of them. 

Spoiler

I read empress ki ending was sad though. The Empress was left alone in the end.

I too want a happy ending, i'm still reeling over the devastating ending of TLE, the absurd ending of MotA and also the open ending of Trap. 

Possible ending scene: LSG and Suzy driving together towards the sunset~ hehe

Anyways, has it been revealed why are they in Morocco? 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they are taking their time to film things. Instead of cramming everything and having to work long hours per day. So more rest for both cast and crew...or they do have more than 24 eps, which I hope is not the case :lol:

I'm excited. I need a longer preview clip. Haha

I don't think filming will be completed any time soon because it is rumored that the production team is recruiting more field staff. My guess is it will continue well into April. Promotion should start soon though. 

6 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

I like both lead actors. So I hope it's more than 24 eps!!! 

I think promotion will start at the beginning of April! They had already released a promo trailer months ahead. BUT I also want a LONGER trailer now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha. After watching too many dramas, I observe shorter dramas pack more punch than longer ones. Long ones are reserved for makjang weekenders lol.

With that said, I wouldn't mind a long drama as long as its not draggy and continues to be entertaining each week. Hehehe

SBSnow reposted Suzy's pic, so I do think promos will start soon~ excited2 :lol:

8 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

I like both lead actors. So I hope it's more than 24 eps!!! 

Also really like the actors of this drama. But I do not want the number of episodes increased. Usually this has a bad effect on the story and it becomes protracted. Therefore, let it be better to have fewer episodes, but a dynamic plot that captures the spirit!:w00t:

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - Lee Seung Gi and Bae Suzy - Premieres on May 8th

On 3/26/2019 at 8:20 PM, katakwasabi said:

Maybe they are taking their time to film things. Instead of cramming everything and having to work long hours per day. So more rest for both cast and crew...or they do have more than 24 eps, which I hope is not the case :lol:

I'm excited. I need a longer preview clip. Haha

I am with you I hope they keep to 24 eps as most of the time the storyline starts to drag and they fill up time with flashbacks when they add more.  It's best when a drama leaves you sorry it's over as opposed to will this ever end.  I have been disappointed by many of the latest dramas.  There were just too many sad crazy endings and mixed up love triangles.   This one looks to have promise as the cast is great and the storyline interesting. Let's hope the writters don't waist the talent they have been given

44 minutes ago, lindas55 said:

I am with you I hope they keep to 24 eps as most of the time the storyline starts to drag and they fill up time with flashbacks when they add more.  It's best when a drama leaves you sorry it's over as opposed to will this ever end.  I have been disappointed by many of the latest dramas.  There were just too many sad crazy endings and mixed up love triangles.   This one looks to have promise as the cast is great and the storyline interesting. Let's hope the writters don't waist the talent they have been given

I hope a love traingle/square wont be the driver for the drama. Let it be all political, espionage stuff. Romance a bit to spice things up is fine. I do like a bit of fluff in a serious drama. Haha. 

Anyways...anyone know what is the genre for Vagabond?  

As far as I know Vagabond consists of 16 episodes and the network (SBS) already announced its succeeding project "Secret Boutique", which would premier in July.

Also, it is very likely that Premier of Vagabond will be pushed back to May 15th. Current Wed-Thu drama "Big Issue" will not be aired next week (decision was made official yesterday). Its production team couldn't film enough to put together next week's episodes.   

Archived