[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

16 hours ago, jongski said:

Could be too much of sweetie for the character but heck anything's possible. I mean look at IU from My Mister.  She gave a terrific acting. 360 degree turn from previous drama before My Mister.

It is important to have a good role. Plus the actors are growing having more experience.

I still want to see "mature" actors in role of secret agents but we have to accept that "candies" can be hard/tough sometimes.^_^  It is all right if the young actor/ actress can make the role believable. We`ll see.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

BTOB’s Yook Sungjae Shows Support For “Master In The House” Co-Star Lee Seung Gi’s New Drama

by jeeelim5

Lee Seung Gi recently received a warm gift from his “Master in the House” co-star BTOB’s Yook Sungjae!

On September 22, Lee Seung Gi shared a couple of photos on his Instagram account with the caption, “Our youngest member! Sungjae sent me a coffee truck. Thank you so, so much! Energy repletion complete.” The photos show Lee Seung Gi standing in front of a coffee truck with the banners, “Good luck to Sungjae’s eternal role model, Seung Gi!” and “Sungjae supports actor Lee Seung Gi and the ‘Vagabond’ team!”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1234705wpp/btobs-yook-sungjae-shows-support-master-house-co-star-lee-seung-gis-new-drama

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am following LSG since he start singing, strong heart, watsh all 2D1N's episodes, all his dramas  and everything he does... so Its like I am watching my kid grow up.  

My opinion will not objective but I love LSG and Suzy in GFB... and also wish there is GFB season 2 so I will consider this  drama GFB season 2 :blush: Can't wait to watch it... I think this drama will suit him the best consider he loves being in the army (if you watch all the butlers)

PS: The only LSG's drama I don't watch was A Korean Odyssey :D 

• Like 1

Good to see an update for this. Thanks for posting @incoty

Not really a fan of the lead stars but more of the writer and the director and SSR too. But I watch dramas if story if story and writing and directing and acting is. It wouldn't matter who the lead stars are.

I didn't know LSG  is a singer. I did watch a drama of his  few years back ( I've not watch Hwayugi yet) So I'm not that familiar with him. As for Suzy, I've seen her in UF ( but I'll check Dream High).

• Like 3

19 hours ago, jongski said:

Good to see an update for this. Thanks for posting @incoty

Not really a fan of the lead stars but more of the writer and the director and SSR too. But I watch dramas if story if story and writing and directing and acting is. It wouldn't matter who the lead stars are.

I didn't know LSG  is a singer. I did watch a drama of his  few years back ( I've not watch Hwayugi yet) So I'm not that familiar with him. As for Suzy, I've seen her in UF ( but I'll check Dream High).

You can read at wikipedia all about him... I just love to watch korean variety show which give me good laugh and if you want to have really good laugh.. try watch 2D1N from season 1 :D until know it never bored me.

He is a great singer and about acting, he is not a great but good/not bad.

All his dramas had good ratings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hi , 

some pic from Tangier

as moroccan , and as had a lot of interest about spy movie and drama ,

i told you why they choose Tangier city as location 

Nicknamed the «African Gibraltar» and located near the Mediterranean, Tangier earned the reputation of an espionage haven. Spies roamed the city’s narrow streets, and sat in its cafés without attracting too much attention.

Their secret activities in Tangier, however, inspired writers, movie makers and took over spy fiction books. The first espionage operations reported in Morocco’s northern city date back to the 17th century

...the biggest espionag

...ury and were mainly related to World War II. When the USA eyed Morocco as a landing for its Torch Operation, espionage came in handy. «

Spoiler

Tangier was indeed, the perfect spot for all those who sought secrecy and also writers who desired inspiration. For Vaughan, «the town might have inspired a chapter from a John Buchan (Scottish novelist and historian) spy novel, with its Walled Arab quarter and narrow streets where veiled women, camels, smugglers, and spies plied with trade».

The reason why Tangier was a spy haven was logically justified by Hal Vaughan. He wrote that «in Tangier, anyone could get a hold of foreign currency without identification». He even compared the city to Europe’s Lisbon, adding that it was full of people who «ought to be in jail», and because the Spanish took over policing after the war erupted «mayhem was rare».

Tangier’ spies found their way to cinema through a series of movies that portrayed the city as a necessary stop for good spy movie plots. «Espionage in Tangier» or «Marc Mato, agente S. 077» was one of the most famous Tangier spy movies. 1965 Spanish-Italian spy film portrayed the city as a North African Lisbone that served as a «Mecca for secret agents».

My «Favorite Spy», is another spy film that spotlighted the city’s darkest side, but in a comic way. The 1951 American movie is about a «US intelligence agents recruit burlesque comic Peanuts White to pose as international spy Eric Augustine, whom he resembles, to acquire a million-dollar microfilm in Tangier».

American actor and director Matt Damon in his spy thriller action movie «The Bourne Ultimatum» came to reinforce the cliché about Tangier. The 2007 film is the third in the Jason Bourne film series which, of course, is about a secret agent and CIA assassin who lost memory of his past life after a top secret mission.

...More : 
https://en.yabiladi.com/articles/details/67206/history-tangier-north-africa-s-safest.html

one of latest spy movies shoot inTangier  , there a lot of movies 

Spoiler

. Inception (2010)     

007 Spectre (I) (2015)

Opération Beyrouth (2018)

Jason Bourne 2007

Hong hai xing dong (2018)

Inception                007 Spectre    Opération Beyrouth   La vengeance dans la peau Hong hai xing dong

one of   latest spy drama filmed in TANGIER

Spoiler

L'espionne de Tanger (2013–2014)     Un thé au Sahara (1990)

L'espionne de Tanger                                                         Un thé au Sahara  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

to understand  why , Vagabond  is filming in morocco from this article 

Why Tangier Has Inspired International Filmmakers for Almost 100 Years

where  they are filming vagabond    this vid from EBS  TV 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dpl4pTeUwAAOGqO.jpg

Dpl4pw2U4AA3LBc.jpg

Dpl4qMsV4AE9Np1.jpg

Dpl4qrRUwAAN0P0.jpg

DpmAnM4UwAAYx74.jpg

Credit to: drama_vagabond IG

On 10/7/2018 at 1:48 PM, jongski said:

I didn't know LSG is a singer. I did watch a drama of his few years back ( I've not watch Hwayugi yet) So I'm not that familiar with him. As for Suzy, I've seen her in UF ( but I'll check Dream High).

I used to watch dramas only if my faves in it when I entered K-drama land. But as time goes by, I'm being picky. I don't even need to be a fan of the actors/actress to watch the dramas as long as: interesting storyline + good script + good acting = I will stay until the last episode.

• Like 4

@incoty Thanks for behind the scene. We'll probably see a good cinematography for this scene. But is that fan art or real poster? It feels like romantic drama vibe with that when the story is actually national intrigue and terrorism. But there could be romance  in there.

Plot

The drama is about an ordinary man who due to external circumstances exposes national corruption and ends up embroiled in political intrigue. 

Character descriptions

(Lee Seung Gi) is top stunt man whose idol is Jackie Chan and he finds himself caught up in national intrigue and terorism after his nephew dies in a plane crash and he becomes a witness to the event.

(Bae Suzy) is a national security agent whose dad was a top general (now he is deceased). She carries on the family training and she is a highly capable spy.

I'm waiting to check on this.

• Like 1

Yeah I expect nice cinematography with beautiful Moroccan scenery.

Camera director is Lee Gil-bok from <My Love from the Star> and <Romantic Doctor Kim>. He's really good and he has worked with the Director (Yoo In-sik) in more than 10 projects successfully. 

• Like 1

A closer look of Go Hae Ri (Suzy) in hijab.

ePdya22.jpg

8pN0Aok.jpg

Oiz2xeH.jpg

Credit as labelled

Source: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=suzy&amp;no=403909

LSG Vagabond BTS

mrDLmiN.jpg

Ctto

We will get to see beautiful aerial shot in Vagabond with these tech/gadgets...

43779073_959774540872481_220968233945041

43255424_168521554093573_380550670576535

43325887_311987859392656_555337338751729

Credit to: ogi9511

LSG & SSR VAGABOND BTS

VAGABOND-LSG-SSR-2.gifVAGABOND-LSG-SSR-1.gif

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpPSwdzjQ6S/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Credit to: leilamacuine

Fight Scene BTS [SPOILER ALERT!!!]

LSG and BSZ VAGABOND BTS

DqyQ1OYUwAAWNyJ.jpg

Credit: cindyyaaaa