[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Lj said:

Just wondering when that man in the plane has aerosol? I though in planes it’s not allowed in hand carry, plus is he having a parachute? How the hell he survived? 

The Bad Guy did not have the aerosol bottle in his hand luggage;  he got it from a cabinet under the sink in the airplane lavatory.  That made me think that he was not working alone because an accomplice must have planted it there for him to find. 

He must have had a parachute.  It seemed like he was waiting in a specific place before the aerosol caused the oxygen tanks to blow a hole in the plane, so maybe he knew he could be able to jump out from there?  Realistically this seems impossible but this is a drama, so I guess we have to accept anyway.

To be honest, I found the plane scene horrifying because it showed how people died from the lack of oxygen and that made me think of 

Spoiler

the news reports about that lost flight from Malaysia a couple of years ago.  The news said that the people in the plane all likely died due to lack of oxygen.  :tears:  When I saw this in Vagabond, it made me think how easily this could have happened.  That is both sad and very frightening.

13 minutes ago, thistle said:

The Bad Guy did not have the aerosol bottle in his hand luggage;  he got it from a cabinet under the sink in the airplane lavatory.  That made me think that he was not working alone because an accomplice must have planted it there for him to find. 

He must have had a parachute.  It seemed like he was waiting in a specific place before the aerosol caused the oxygen tanks to blow a hole in the plane, so maybe he knew he could be able to jump out from there?  Realistically this seems impossible but this is a drama, so I guess we have to accept anyway.

To be honest, I found the plane scene horrifying because it showed how people died from the lack of oxygen and that made me think of 

Reveal hidden contents

the news reports about that lost flight from Malaysia a couple of years ago.  The news said that the people in the plane all likely died due to lack of oxygen.  :tears:  When I saw this in Vagabond, it made me think how easily this could have happened.  That is both sad and very frightening.

Thank you for the explanation, probably I missed that part and didn’t notice that scene, but yeah I remembered him going to the lavatory.... and the oxygen yes I think that is one cause why sometimes there is oxygen failure because of when the engine of the plane explodes the oxygen tanks are damage. 

39 minutes ago, Lj said:

Thank you for the explanation, probably I missed that part and didn’t notice that scene, but yeah I remembered him going to the lavatory.... and the oxygen yes I think that is one cause why sometimes there is oxygen failure because of when the engine of the plane explodes the oxygen tanks are damage. 

There were so many details in the first episode that it was hard to notice everything.  I'll probably re-watch sometimes this week.

I kinda think that I was able to notice that detail because I already knew much of what would happen because I read a recap first.  I love spoilers and I kinda need them before I watch a high-stress drama so I don't get too nervous watching.  Vagabond is a drama that I definitely need recaps for!

Speaking of recaps:  DramaMilk is live recapping episode 2 right now.

https://www.dramamilk.com/vagabond-episode-2-live-recap-starting-soon/

Oh my, I am so loving Netflix now. At 10.30pm, I successfully watch epi2 with Sub. Feel like watching movie. It so smooth and cannot believe an hour passby with both episode. 

DG is unbelievable. We might forget he was stabbed by Jerome in epi1. It seems like Jerome received much more injuries and he was the professional one, isnt he? 

They should show much more scene with the news of the plane crash. It's an international news. Some more, it involved representative from Korea, the 20 children. 

Anyway, I cannot wait for next week. LSG, you rock! 

Err.. Where is SSR? 

Finished watching episode 2 on Netflix. No SSR appearance still..

The

Spoiler

suspicion on the co-pilot being the accomplice is true. He exchange conversation in Spanish with the guy in black hoodie. So, I bet he is still alive too. I wonder how would his wife react when she found out her husband is one of the accomplice of the terror attack.

2 hours ago, thistle said:

It's one of the many theories based on what they could gather from the flight path data. Till now, nobody can really tell what exactly happened to the plane conclusively. It's a mystery. Sigh.

But, I also felt this choked sadness when I watched the plane crash scene which made me remember both MH planes, one being shot down, one went lost. 

Let us remember all the plane crash victims of any incident in silent prayer. May their soul rest in peace. 

BTW, I wonder if GHR is a double agent though. :ph34r:

I thought she was the one who killed Michael since she reported to someone that autopsy report would definitely appear as suicide and told that person not to fret over it.

But this episode, it turn out, another Chief told her to go to Lisbon to check on the crime scene where Michael was killed. And she seems wanted to confirm that the autopsy is indeed conclude as suicide with the PIS Chief.

Hmmmm...

I think I am going to have hard time to remember the face and the name of their position in NIS and the Blue House. There are more new characters introduced in this 2nd episode (and they are all awesome, seasoned actors/actresses at that) on top of all those many characters in episode 1. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward for next episode. But, I hope CDG could be more level-headed though. He is getting into trouble with the police due to his temper. But, I can't blame him for acting like that. Being the one who realize about the real truth must be driving him crazy questioning as to why his beloved nephew being sacrificed for this terror act. 

Sigh.

3 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

Let us remember all the plane crash victims of any incident in silent prayer. May their soul rest in peace. 

Yes, we surely should.  It is my sincere prayer that they are at peace and that the families of the lost will somehow also find solace.

The scenes of the plane made me sad because they were so close to something that could be true.

7 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

But, I hope CDG could be more level-headed though. He is getting into trouble with the police due to his temper. But, I can't blame him for acting like that. Being the one who realize about the real truth must be driving him crazy questioning as to why his beloved nephew being sacrificed for this terror act. 

I adore CGD and am already rooting for him but I have to agree with you. He should calm down a little bit. That action could put him in foreign jail for life. Understandable considering his situation, but still. :confounded:

12 minutes ago, thistle said:

The scenes of the plane made me sad because they were so close to something that could be true.

Indeed...especially when insider like the crew is the accomplice. Sigh.

BTW, can anyone who have watched ep. 2 tell me what did that black hoodie guy took out from the tattooed part of his chest?  (how should we address him though? the terrorist? Spanish Honey? LOL :D)

Looks like a nail to me, or is it a cylindrical chip? Can't be a bullet right, because it shaped like a nail? :blink:

Just finished ep 1.

Wow.

LSG is amazing here ... he reminds me of Jackie Chan with that persistence! The nephew is precocious...poor thing had to handle so much when so young but it was only for a short time.

I enjoyed watching the Uncle and nephew bonding - forms a good backstory on which to explain his angst and build his life’s purpose centered on revenge/ exposé. 

Off to watch ep 2!

11 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

Indeed...especially when insider like the crew is the accomplice. Sigh.

BTW, can anyone who have watched ep. 2 tell me what did that black hoodie guy took out from the tattooed part of his chest?  (how should we address him though? the terrorist? Spanish Honey? LOL :D)

Looks like a nail to me, or is it a cylindrical chip? Can't be a bullet right, because it shaped like a nail? :blink:

In the alley when DG first encountered and fought with the Scar guy, DG hit him with a kind of wooden board ( with nails on it). And I remember the guy was hurt. Not sure if it’s the nail from that scene. 

6 minutes ago, haartie said:

In the alley when DG first encountered and fought with the Scar guy, DG hit him with a kind of wooden board ( with nails on it). And I remember the guy was hurt. Not sure if it’s the nail from that scene. 

Ah! Yes yes! Now that you said it, I remember it now. Even the camera deliberately emphasize the nail on that wood. Lol! The episode is too packed with many details, I forgot some scenes. Haha! Thanks!

Archived