Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

On 3/26/2019 at 8:20 PM, katakwasabi said:

Maybe they are taking their time to film things. Instead of cramming everything and having to work long hours per day. So more rest for both cast and crew...or they do have more than 24 eps, which I hope is not the case :lol:

I'm excited. I need a longer preview clip. Haha

I am with you I hope they keep to 24 eps as most of the time the storyline starts to drag and they fill up time with flashbacks when they add more.  It's best when a drama leaves you sorry it's over as opposed to will this ever end.  I have been disappointed by many of the latest dramas.  There were just too many sad crazy endings and mixed up love triangles.   This one looks to have promise as the cast is great and the storyline interesting. Let's hope the writters don't waist the talent they have been given

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lindas55 said:

I am with you I hope they keep to 24 eps as most of the time the storyline starts to drag and they fill up time with flashbacks when they add more.  It's best when a drama leaves you sorry it's over as opposed to will this ever end.  I have been disappointed by many of the latest dramas.  There were just too many sad crazy endings and mixed up love triangles.   This one looks to have promise as the cast is great and the storyline interesting. Let's hope the writters don't waist the talent they have been given

I hope a love traingle/square wont be the driver for the drama. Let it be all political, espionage stuff. Romance a bit to spice things up is fine. I do like a bit of fluff in a serious drama. Haha. 

Anyways...anyone know what is the genre for Vagabond?  

• Like 1

As far as I know Vagabond consists of 16 episodes and the network (SBS) already announced its succeeding project "Secret Boutique", which would premier in July.

Also, it is very likely that Premier of Vagabond will be pushed back to May 15th. Current Wed-Thu drama "Big Issue" will not be aired next week (decision was made official yesterday). Its production team couldn't film enough to put together next week's episodes.   

• Like 1

They are filming for so long. I really hope it lives up to its hype. I'm getting more excited for this despite myself. Hahaha

• Like 1

14 hours ago, findit said:

As far as I know Vagabond consists of 16 episodes and the network (SBS) already announced its succeeding project "Secret Boutique", which would premier in July.

So they will not pull the cat for all sorts of places. Fine! 16 episodes - the most ideal option for action. It means that he will not suddenly disappear and the whole dorama will be intriguing and dynamic from beginning to end!:w00t:

• Like 1

LSG IG update 

Caption: SNS vs. Reality (Photo by Suzy) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I really hope we'll officially get something this week. Drama's poster, character posters, teasers, anything. It's not just about the premier date but also the press conference which will obviously happen before. All of these things have to be ready before that.

The lack of promos and Instagram posts deleting is depressing, but I guess they want to surprise us and release everything in bursts or at once.

27 minutes ago, incoty said:

I really hope we'll officially get something this week. Drama's poster, character posters, teasers, anything. It's not just about the premier date but also the press conference which will obviously happen before. All of these things have to be ready before that.

The lack of promos and Instagram posts deleting is depressing, but I guess they want to surprise us and release everything in bursts or at once.

Yeah i need vagabond updates too~ i still have no clue why they deleted instagram posts. The ones I saw before it was deleted were not even spoilerish. Just actors having fun on set. Lol.

Anyways..have you guys read about the issue with Big Issue, the current drama in Vagabond's upcoming timeslot? I read they had to postpone an episode or 2 because of editing stuff. So it is possible that Vagabond's premier will be pushed back too, unless they decide to reduce Big Issues episodes. I don't think any annoucement has been made yet about any changes to Vagabond's premier date. We will have to wait and see. Huhuhu

Not June, July, or August, but September. Ridiculous. All because of Netflix?

It also says "tentatively" set, meaning it could be delayed further.

This better turn out to be a masterpiece and we better be bombarded with promos to make up for these delays.

Viewers have been confused and alienated enough.

4 minutes ago, incoty said:

Not June, July, or August, but September. Ridiculous. All because of Netflix?

It also says "tentatively" set, meaning it could be delayed further.

This better turn out to be a masterpiece and we better be bombarded with promos to make up for these delays.

Viewers have been confused and alienated enough.

The delay is because of netflix? I haven't read about this. 

They need to give waiting viewers some promos. This is turning into a movie. Filming years before, edited and promoted right before it will be aired.

Thanks for the info @incoty. I never knew Vagabond will be aired on Netflix too. 

Yay for the team, they will have a wider viewer pool and yay for giving them ample time to film and edit. But nay for us because we have to wait longer for any info.

With all this hype and long filming process, can I expect film like quality content and editing? As long as the story is engaging, acting is on point and editing is  impeccable I do expect this to have good or at least sufficient ratings and buzz. Plus theres Lee Seung Gi and Suzy. Their names alond create lots of buzz. Haha

Lee Seung Gi And Suzy’s Spy Drama “Vagabond” Delayed To September

by R. Jun
64fd62a88ce749d9a123764b85dd8ad8.jpeg?s=

The premiere date for Lee Seung Gi and Suzy’s upcoming spy drama “Vagabond” has been pushed back. A source stated to Sports Chosun that the delay is due to issues with the filming schedule and a pending deal with Netflix.

“Vagabond” had been scheduled to air in May after the conclusion of SBS’s “Big Issue,” but has been replaced with “Absolute Boyfriend,” a drama adaptation of the popular Japanese manga series of the same name. “Absolute Boyfriend” stars Yeo Jin Goo, Girl’s Day’s Minah, and Hong Jong Hyun, and has already completed filming.

The premiere date for “Vagabond” is now tentatively set for September. Filming is still ongoing for the drama, which held its first table reading in June last year and had a plan to go on-air first at the end of 2018, and then in May 2019.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1314511wpp/lee-seung-gi-and-suzys-spy-drama-vagabond-delayed-to-september
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

SBS's official position is that it's still under review. Let's hope for the best. September is too far away.

1 hour ago, incoty said:

SBS's official position is that it's still under review. Let's hope for the best. September is too far away.

Hope for the best! Maybe it can be aired on SBS first. According to Vagabond's wikipage, the international distributor for Vagabond is Sony Pictures and it will be aired on Sony One and also AXN. I wonder if Netflix is a last minute addition :sweatingbullets:.

7 hours ago, larus said:

Lee Seung Gi And Suzy’s Spy Drama “Vagabond” Delayed To September

So long to wait??? This is totally unfair! And after all, almost the entire Dorama has been filmed ... and there is such a sudden delay. It seems strange to me. I hope that such postponements will not adversely affect the drama ...:dizzy:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Friendly kitty said:

So long to wait??? This is totally unfair! And after all, almost the entire Dorama has been filmed ... and there is such a sudden delay. It seems strange to me. I hope that such postponements will not adversely affect the drama ...:dizzy:

I don`t think it will affect the drama but there is something going on. It was said that the filming schedule is one of the problem and they are waiting for a deal with Netflix. I hope the delaying  won`t make the actors stuck filming for this drama but I think they almost finished it.

Shin Sung Rok has the second drama since he started filming for Vagabond.  :phew: