Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

I know that SSR has gained a lot of fans from The Last Empress....BUT I REALLY hope viewers are not going to start rooting for his character and Suzy's. I really don't want a love triangle or a "changed" ending like Last Empress got with the other good guy lead not even being present in the ending...Based on character descriptions, it does look like HIS character will like Suzy's but her character will like LSG's character....so yeah, there will be stuff happening in this square (another female is supposed to like SSR's character)....

I adore LSG and Suzy's chemistry so much and have been waiting for a second drama with them since Gu Family Book! I really don't want for the writer to change anything based on fan response. That's another reason why I'm glad filming will be fully done by May. Of course, there is the danger of alternative filming happening later. But I hope they won't do that.....

SSR is a great actor. But I really didn't understand fans rooting for him and the lead female in the Last Empress....He was so abusive towards her....

3 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

I know that SSR has gained a lot of fans from The Last Empress....BUT I REALLY hope viewers are not going to start rooting for his character and Suzy's. I really don't want a love triangle or a "changed" ending like Last Empress got with the other good guy lead not even being present in the ending...Based on character descriptions, it does look like HIS character will like Suzy's but her character will like LSG's character....so yeah, there will be stuff happening in this square (another female is supposed to like SSR's character)....

I adore LSG and Suzy's chemistry so much and have been waiting for a second drama with them since Gu Family Book! I really don't want for the writer to change anything based on fan response. That's another reason why I'm glad filming will be fully done by May. Of course, there is the danger of alternative filming happening later. But I hope they won't do that.....

SSR is a great actor. But I really didn't understand fans rooting for him and the lead female in the Last Empress....He was so abusive towards her....

To be honest, I hope they don't make any relationship triangles/square in Vagabond but from the character chart, it seems that there will be one. How much they will delve into it is another story. I hope not too much and it remains centered on the action political espionage stuff instead of romance. Plus, this is preproduced so I have hopes that storyline wise, the drama will not be affected much by viewers outcry (if any). And why does an esponiage drama need a love triangle/square to begin with? Hahaha

Nevertheless I do want SSR not to be a villain. I read that he is not a villain in Vagabond, then I saw fan pics, and I'm back to questioning is he really not a villain in this? :sweatingbullets:

TLE case was icky. Hoping it won't repeat. It left many unsatisfied. Hua3

Spoiler

Good thing I was not swayed by any ship in TLE. I was mainly on the ride to see Emperor be a nice human being but he kept swinging back and forth, I had whiplash :P

I didn't support both male leads to end up with Sunny. Emperor was too evil at the start and became progressively more unstable throughout meanwhile the bodyguard had a bullet in his head and was not emotionally stable too.

Emperor was bonkers, great TV entertainment and delivers a whole spectrum of emotions, which frankly was a sight to behold. I don't want to encounter him in real life though, only on the screen can I tolerate the level of cray emperor was. Hahaha.

They wrapped up 3-4 day shooting in Ulsan on Friday after finishing up 2 day heavy shooting in Daegu. Based on actors' SNS interactions, there will be more shooting today (Saturday) in another city. The cast seem to have a lot of fun, treating dinner to one another (first day dinner was on LSG, second day - SSR, third day - Suzy, etc) and even practicing lines in dinner table!  

And my 2 cents on TLE & Vagabond 

Spoiler

I think TLE's case is pretty unique and totally different from Vagabond's.

First of all, TLE writer is VERY WELL KNOWN for responding to viewer reaction and twisting plots for rating. She has done it many times in the past, making second lead or even minor roles to lead positions. So it was never surprise to Korean viewers that she did it again. Actually many viewers worried about it even before the drama started when we saw character description. She's that notorious on that front. (Good storyteller though, I enjoyed it up to a point). Vagabond writer tends to focus on one lead character and makes him/her extremely suffer and overcome many obstacles to achieve his/her goal. It could be male lead or female lead (Ki Empress's case).  

Secondly, TLE portraits story of a Royal family and the center of Royal family is Emperor/Empress, of course, not a bodyguard (another male lead). Vagabond portraits story of a stuntman who pursues national conspiracy after losing his nephew, so story revolves around the stuntman. 

• Like 1

Thanks for responding to my comment, guys. I appreciate it.

I like having a romance in an action series because it intensifies scenes and the drama. The storylines are more emotional. So I really hope LSG/Suzy's characters have a fully developed romance because without it, it would be a missed opportunity given their already proven chemistry in Gu Family Book. 

Does this writer usually have happy endings or mostly depressed endings? That's another thing I'm wondering since it is an action series. In those, sometimes, the lead characters get a very sad ending. I prefer happy endings because real life can be tough enough. It's better to see something more hopeful in shows...Any thoughts on this series' possible endgame? 

5 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

Thanks for responding to my comment, guys. I appreciate it.

I like having a romance in an action series because it intensifies scenes and the drama. The storylines are more emotional. So I really hope LSG/Suzy's characters have a fully developed romance because without it, it would be a missed opportunity given their already proven chemistry in Gu Family Book. 

Does this writer usually have happy endings or mostly depressed endings? That's another thing I'm wondering since it is an action series. In those, sometimes, the lead characters get a very sad ending. I prefer happy endings because real life can be tough enough. It's better to see something more hopeful in shows...Any thoughts on this series' possible endgame? 

I am somehow getting more excited for Vagabond..especially after I saw the writer's past work (giant (40% ratings!), Empress Ki, History of Salaryman were all famous) but I've never watched any of them. 

Spoiler

I read empress ki ending was sad though. The Empress was left alone in the end.

I too want a happy ending, i'm still reeling over the devastating ending of TLE, the absurd ending of MotA and also the open ending of Trap. 

Possible ending scene: LSG and Suzy driving together towards the sunset~ hehe

Anyways, has it been revealed why are they in Morocco? 

Thanks for the updates! I like that they are both filming which means more scenes for their characters together!

I guess filming will continue into April! 

Suzy IG update

Caption: Can't wait to meet Hae-Ri~~~ #Vagabond 

• Thanks 1

Wow, this has to be the longest filming for a 24 episode series! I'm now wondering if it's like 30 episodes!!! 

Maybe they are taking their time to film things. Instead of cramming everything and having to work long hours per day. So more rest for both cast and crew...or they do have more than 24 eps, which I hope is not the case :lol:

I'm excited. I need a longer preview clip. Haha

• Like 2

I like both lead actors. So I hope it's more than 24 eps!!! 

I think promotion will start at the beginning of April! They had already released a promo trailer months ahead. BUT I also want a LONGER trailer now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think filming will be completed any time soon because it is rumored that the production team is recruiting more field staff. My guess is it will continue well into April. Promotion should start soon though. 

6 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

I think promotion will start at the beginning of April! They had already released a promo trailer months ahead. BUT I also want a LONGER trailer now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha. After watching too many dramas, I observe shorter dramas pack more punch than longer ones. Long ones are reserved for makjang weekenders lol.

With that said, I wouldn't mind a long drama as long as its not draggy and continues to be entertaining each week. Hehehe

SBSnow reposted Suzy's pic, so I do think promos will start soon~ excited2 :lol:

8 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

Also really like the actors of this drama. But I do not want the number of episodes increased. Usually this has a bad effect on the story and it becomes protracted. Therefore, let it be better to have fewer episodes, but a dynamic plot that captures the spirit!:w00t:

Another IG update from LSG 

Caption: Vagabond season is coming #Chadalgun

• Love 1

SSR's China fanclub gave him a foodtruck.

But why is Ki Tae Woong WANTED? I thought he will be one of the nice guys in Vagabond. Please don't be a villain again. Chaebal!!!! :lol: