Quantcast
Jump to content
larus

[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

Recommended Posts

They wrapped up 3-4 day shooting in Ulsan on Friday after finishing up 2 day heavy shooting in Daegu. Based on actors' SNS interactions, there will be more shooting today (Saturday) in another city. The cast seem to have a lot of fun, treating dinner to one another (first day dinner was on LSG, second day - SSR, third day - Suzy, etc) and even practicing lines in dinner table!  

 

And my 2 cents on TLE & Vagabond 

 

Spoiler

 

I think TLE's case is pretty unique and totally different from Vagabond's.

First of all, TLE writer is VERY WELL KNOWN for responding to viewer reaction and twisting plots for rating. She has done it many times in the past, making second lead or even minor roles to lead positions. So it was never surprise to Korean viewers that she did it again. Actually many viewers worried about it even before the drama started when we saw character description. She's that notorious on that front. (Good storyteller though, I enjoyed it up to a point). Vagabond writer tends to focus on one lead character and makes him/her extremely suffer and overcome many obstacles to achieve his/her goal. It could be male lead or female lead (Ki Empress's case).  

Secondly, TLE portraits story of a Royal family and the center of Royal family is Emperor/Empress, of course, not a bodyguard (another male lead). Vagabond portraits story of a stuntman who pursues national conspiracy after losing his nephew, so story revolves around the stuntman. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for responding to my comment, guys. I appreciate it.

 

I like having a romance in an action series because it intensifies scenes and the drama. The storylines are more emotional. So I really hope LSG/Suzy's characters have a fully developed romance because without it, it would be a missed opportunity given their already proven chemistry in Gu Family Book. 

 

Does this writer usually have happy endings or mostly depressed endings? That's another thing I'm wondering since it is an action series. In those, sometimes, the lead characters get a very sad ending. I prefer happy endings because real life can be tough enough. It's better to see something more hopeful in shows...Any thoughts on this series' possible endgame? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

Thanks for responding to my comment, guys. I appreciate it.

 

I like having a romance in an action series because it intensifies scenes and the drama. The storylines are more emotional. So I really hope LSG/Suzy's characters have a fully developed romance because without it, it would be a missed opportunity given their already proven chemistry in Gu Family Book. 

 

Does this writer usually have happy endings or mostly depressed endings? That's another thing I'm wondering since it is an action series. In those, sometimes, the lead characters get a very sad ending. I prefer happy endings because real life can be tough enough. It's better to see something more hopeful in shows...Any thoughts on this series' possible endgame? 

 

I am somehow getting more excited for Vagabond..especially after I saw the writer's past work (giant (40% ratings!), Empress Ki, History of Salaryman were all famous) but I've never watched any of them. 

Spoiler

I read empress ki ending was sad though. The Empress was left alone in the end.

 

I too want a happy ending, i'm still reeling over the devastating ending of TLE, the absurd ending of MotA and also the open ending of Trap. 

 

Possible ending scene: LSG and Suzy driving together towards the sunset~ hehe

 

Anyways, has it been revealed why are they in Morocco? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the updates! I like that they are both filming which means more scenes for their characters together!

 

I guess filming will continue into April! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they are taking their time to film things. Instead of cramming everything and having to work long hours per day. So more rest for both cast and crew...or they do have more than 24 eps, which I hope is not the case :lol:

 

I'm excited. I need a longer preview clip. Haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like both lead actors. So I hope it's more than 24 eps!!! 

 

I think promotion will start at the beginning of April! They had already released a promo trailer months ahead. BUT I also want a LONGER trailer now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think filming will be completed any time soon because it is rumored that the production team is recruiting more field staff. My guess is it will continue well into April. Promotion should start soon though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

I like both lead actors. So I hope it's more than 24 eps!!! 

 

I think promotion will start at the beginning of April! They had already released a promo trailer months ahead. BUT I also want a LONGER trailer now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Haha. After watching too many dramas, I observe shorter dramas pack more punch than longer ones. Long ones are reserved for makjang weekenders lol.

 

With that said, I wouldn't mind a long drama as long as its not draggy and continues to be entertaining each week. Hehehe

 

SBSnow reposted Suzy's pic, so I do think promos will start soon~ excited2 :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

I like both lead actors. So I hope it's more than 24 eps!!! 

 

Also really like the actors of this drama. But I do not want the number of episodes increased. Usually this has a bad effect on the story and it becomes protracted. Therefore, let it be better to have fewer episodes, but a dynamic plot that captures the spirit!:w00t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Another IG update from LSG 

Caption: Vagabond season is coming #Chadalgun

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SSR's China fanclub gave him a foodtruck.

 

But why is Ki Tae Woong WANTED? I thought he will be one of the nice guys in Vagabond. Please don't be a villain again. Chaebal!!!! :lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 3/26/2019 at 8:20 PM, katakwasabi said:

Maybe they are taking their time to film things. Instead of cramming everything and having to work long hours per day. So more rest for both cast and crew...or they do have more than 24 eps, which I hope is not the case :lol:

 

I'm excited. I need a longer preview clip. Haha

I am with you I hope they keep to 24 eps as most of the time the storyline starts to drag and they fill up time with flashbacks when they add more.  It's best when a drama leaves you sorry it's over as opposed to will this ever end.  I have been disappointed by many of the latest dramas.  There were just too many sad crazy endings and mixed up love triangles.   This one looks to have promise as the cast is great and the storyline interesting. Let's hope the writters don't waist the talent they have been given

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, lindas55 said:

 

I am with you I hope they keep to 24 eps as most of the time the storyline starts to drag and they fill up time with flashbacks when they add more.  It's best when a drama leaves you sorry it's over as opposed to will this ever end.  I have been disappointed by many of the latest dramas.  There were just too many sad crazy endings and mixed up love triangles.   This one looks to have promise as the cast is great and the storyline interesting. Let's hope the writters don't waist the talent they have been given

 

I hope a love traingle/square wont be the driver for the drama. Let it be all political, espionage stuff. Romance a bit to spice things up is fine. I do like a bit of fluff in a serious drama. Haha. 

 

Anyways...anyone know what is the genre for Vagabond?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...