[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

Lee Seung Gi, Suzy, Shin Sung Rok, And More Pick Their Favorite Scenes From “Vagabond”

Nov 23, 2019
by C. Hong

4613613ca0b540b89461f42f6bd6926a.jpeg?s=

Ahead of its finale on November 23, Lee Seung Gi, Suzy, Shin Sung Rok, Moon Jung Hee, and Baek Yoon Shik shared their final thoughts and picked their favorite scenes from their drama “Vagabond.”

“Vagabond” is a Friday-Saturday drama from SBS about a man who gets caught up in a massive corruption scandal while investigating a mysterious plane crash.

Lee Seung Gi plays former stuntman Cha Dal Gun, who kicks off the drama by investigating the plane crash that killed his nephew. Lee Seung Gi said, “It was such an intense project that it’s hard for me to pick one scene. If I have to pick one, I’ll pick the final chase scene in the first episode. It shows clearly that the genre of the drama is a spy action thriller, and it makes you curious about what will happen next. There were many interesting things compressed into that one scene.”

He added, “I’m proud that many people I know told me that they enjoyed the show. I’d like to thank director Yoo In Shik, cinematographer Lee Gil Bok, screenwriters Jang Young Chul and Jung Kyung Soon, my senior and junior actors, and the stunt team who made Cha Dal Gun shine. There were many dangerous action scenes, but no one was hurt and the drama ended safely. I think that is because of the staff members who worked quietly behind the scenes. Thank you to the viewers as well. I will work hard to return with an even better image next time.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1367512wpp/lee-seung-gi-suzy-shin-sung-rok-and-more-pick-their-favorite-scenes-from-vagabond

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watch episode 15 with sub , it’s proved me why I why I hate love line in revenge drama  , even in this drama  it wasn’t a real love line & still LSG couldn’t kill Edward ;) so why go in revenge mood if he couldn’t do it 

Maybe that why they say love will bite you on the As* if you not careful :joy: but in his case was on the face at least  :mrgreen:

18 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

I need to watch with subs...BUT WHAT THE..Is the ending?! Why it ended like this omg. S2. There must be a s2.

There must be a season 2. Because as expected they ended it with the 1st scene in ep 1. Just a twist, Dalgun actually pulls the trigger this time. Lol

Now let's speculate when will season 2  be? And will Ki Tae Woong be in it? Hahahah!

BRUHHHH there is definitely going to be a SEASON 2 :unamused:

They can't just leave it open ended like that with the bad guys still on the loose?!! COME ON.

And for those asking where THIS scene was - apparently it was a test shoot they had back in 2018. Saw it on IG somewhere :sweatingbullets:

17 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

the only thing that cool about today episode, disappointing ending :unsure:

It was an open ending. I didn't like that it didn't have a conclusion and the baddies are still at large. And the ambiguity of having a season 2 or not annoys me. Take for example, The Fiery Priest. It had a conclusion and the ending was loads of fun and a season 2 was welcomed by many eventhough it didn't need a season 2 because the story was already complete and concluded.

I can't say the same for Vagabond. There are so many questions left hanging. A season 2 is needed for answers. But it seems that is still in limbo. 

@blademan exactly! 16 episodes for a backstory! Can't say I didn't anticipate this. I did but I didn't want it to actually happen. But here we are, after 16 episodes, back at square one. Tsk3. And that pic is a test shot? Way to tease DalgunxHaeri shippers. Hua3

Just now, Sushimi said:

@katakwasabi congrats. You just chased vagabond just for the ending at ep 1. Honestly I think it would have been better if they end off differently. 

Congrats to you too! To be honest, with the pace that they were going, an open ending was the most possible ending and no matter how I try to twist it, there's no way they can conclude everything in one ep unless everyone dies in a huge bomb attack on Korea. The existing plot leaves much to be desired that I started to create my own plot and spin offs. I have so many of them hahaha.

Lol. These 3 look like a cohesive team

73121087_2541159152608203_26163135334779

@katakwasabi I would loved if they finish It with introduction of the new evil character , sadly the ending  have no sense of anticipation at all , if they were planning a second season , I've no idea how they can move it forward as it can't just be more of the same chase , same Killing situations as we've had plenty enough of those already. 

**I hope I feel different when I watch it with the sub .

WAHHHHHHH!!!! What the heck!  The question is..... is there a season 2???? They don’t have materials film enough for season 2? But I’m already anticipating that the first scene will be the last for sure, but it really calls for 2nd season because the problem is not solve at all! As if they just tell the story of DG and HR how they became a vagabond.... well the title stand for itself hehehe my bad! Anyway thank you for giving me a lot of mind blowing scenes and very fictional character that never die. Hahaha! It’s should be die hard title lol! But will see if there is no season what can we do??? Lee Seung Gi and Suzy always choose a tragic ending isn’t? 

5 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Now that you said it, what if all these time they were just trying to focus on how they become vagabond the story doesn’t matter because the bad will always be there?

They survived after a mayhem is good enough for me:sweatingbullets: so I don’t really count it as a tragic end

Woahhh..that's a way to look at it. Looking at it that way, the ending is kinda apt. But I refuse to accept this. I need a conclusion for Axis. Who are they? Hahahhaha

28 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@katakwasabi I would loved if they finish It with introduction of the new evil character , sadly the ending  have no sense of anticipation at all , if they were planning a second season , I've no idea how they can move it forward as it can't just be more of the same chase , same Killing situations as we've had plenty enough of those already. 

**I hope I feel different when I watch it with the sub .

Watching it raw and live was exciting because I had no time to overanalyze anything as I was livecapping at the same time. I don't know how I'll feel if I do watch the episode with subs. This is like MoA all over again.

ok my rants

1. there will be s2,well some will happy but there is no explanation will be produced.suzy busy filming a movie and drama next year,and dunno about lee seung gi schedule,its gonna be a longgggggg waiting,maybe 2021 or maybe they already shooting it.

2. its predictable plot twist at the end. but it way too forced,dal geon who is stuntmant suddenly become a rogue assasins.hae ri become lobbyst. dunno s2 what plot again they will make ? a terorist massive global attack.dunno.

14 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

They survived after a mayhem is good enough for me:sweatingbullets: so I don’t really count it as a tragic end

For me it’s just tragic because they didn’t even had a chance to see each other and DG just decided to avenge by himself :unsure: perfect formula for kdrama noble idiot! And see what of become to HR, she as well became evil while having revenge, horray for the writer giving them worst character building! Hmmm! 
But my consolation is I’m imaging them how they meet and there will be a lot of tension between the two because of their rage! That sexy scene on how these two prepared for battle is just hot! Lol! HR with her beautiful body and sexy DG when he is not listening to all the orders! Wow! I just have a lot in my mind! Hehehe!  

3 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

I think axis is on top of Samuel. It’s a bigger organisation..just hope that the s2 will come by quick

We'll have to wait for an official announcement. They had a hard time trying to fill 16 hours, I thought they ran out of footage hence why there are long recaps at the beginning of most eps. Huhu

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

Yes true. What I initially thought was that they will probably continue like after Dal Geon sees Hae Ri that story and it just ended off there which really feels like they just cut in the middle of a scene and called it a end. It’s empty. No resolutions to both parties. No resolutions to this ship too. 

True , is bad of me , but I wished he pulled the trigger at least so it’s gives us something to think about , is he bad that why bulled it or he is now so deep in his revenge he would do anything to get to the bad club . 

6 minutes ago, incoty said:

They probably already filmed S2, or a major part of it, otherwise this makes no sense.

They've been spilling the tea since a year ago.

Oh I hope that is the case. Kviewers on Naver are not saying anything concrete about a season 2.

So it pretty much happened the way most of us thought it would. 

AND they actually did the worst thing ever and ended the series basically right after the opening sequence. They literally made the whole series a backstory, when the actual REAL interesting story is what happens after that point. Worst writers ever. Also unless the whole production, cast, and crew were guaranteed a second season, the writers are the absolute worst for writing the story this way. It provided no resolution at all. HR and DG never even met again face to face! If a second season doesn’t happen with the same leads, these writers and whoever decided this was a great idea should never be allowed to touch a drama again. 

Also, if HR and DG ever do meet in some future storyline, HR better be pissed off at DG. He literally changed her whole life trajectory and is out trying to avenge his death, when he is alive. Like I want them to kiss and then she better let him have it, because they now have one super complicated, angsty relationship. Also if there is a s2, there better be more focus on them as a couple working stuff out because they are literally the series cliffhanger. 

And if there is actually a s2, i agree with others now that it will likely take a long time to come out, especially if they have not actually shot it continuously. And with how long it took vagabond to first come out, I can only imagine. 

Geez, this drama. 

I just finished watching ep16 and I’m literally lost for words..... 

The episode started off so strong. I liked the way it progressed. I enjoyed the way the drama turned around some of the characters and the way we felt about them.  Suzy and LSG portrayed really well the trauma and sadness and growth of their characters in this ep. I got shivers down my spine from watching some of the scenes. 

If it was a Western show and I knew S2 was coming then it would’ve been a brilliant cliff hanger but I am 100% sure  they won’t be making a second season.  It will never happen.  All actors are in new projects. 

I kept thinking that instead of wasting 5 minutes on Suzy doing her make up and spraying perfume they could’ve used those precious minutes to allow DG & HR to see each other, at the very least, so that HR would know that DG is not dead. I don’t care if it’s cliche, I love cliche! 

This show doesn’t need season 2, it needs just one more full episode to give us some closure. I do like the premise and the sad reality that you can’t make the bad guys or the terrorists just disappear neatly and that it’s an ongoing lifelong battle. But still they could’ve continued with that thread but not leave us so totally gutted ...

BUT it is what it is ...... congratulations to the wonderful cast and staff behind the scenes for giving us this show. I may not forgive the writer for this final episode but I am grateful for being able to watch my beloved Seungi doing awesome stuff, (bless them for the LSG shower scenes!), for the funny, soft and warm moments between DG & HR, the action and the awesome OST.... 

Archived