[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

51 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

After watching snippets of it....Dal Geon is a very tragic character. Born too innocent to trust everyone. Which is his downfall. But from ep 16, I think things will change for him. He will become someone stronger, fearsome and not get hurt again...

But this scene..made me giggle.:joy::joy: I Guess it’s a calm before the storm thing

She. saw. it.

1.png

2.png

Today, CDGxGHR (or LSGxSuzy if you prefer), felt like a real couple.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Woah. Haeri stabs Jessica in the preview. I still don't see how they can conclude this. It really looks like it will end with the sniper Dalgun and scarf Haeri scene in ep 1. Ep 16 is still in 2012.

I am just caught up after being away for weeks.. and I agree that I think there will be season 2 and this season 1 will end like you mentioned above. Because I don’t think they can cover everything in one episode tomorrow...? 

Lee Seung Gi And Baek Yoon Shik Have A Tense Confrontation In “Vagabond”

Nov 22, 2019
by J. K

e581062a5dc5400b9d404b5a8e75d835.jpeg?s=

“Vagabond” has released new stills of confrontations between Lee Seung Gi and Baek Yoon Shik!

With only two episodes left, the SBS drama is providing surprising twists as characters’ relationships are turned completely upside down.

In stills for episode 15, Lee Seung Gi’s character Cha Dal Gun and Baek Yoon Shik’s character Jung Kook Pyo come face to face in intense clashes. Cha Dal Gun is seen restrained by bodyguards on the road as others point guns at him. While it seems like he’s being made to kneel, he continues to protest as he yells about something. Meanwhile, Jung Kook Pyo is looking out the window of a car with a cold expression as he watches Cha Dal Gun struggle and shout.

In another photo, he two characters have moved locations to a forest on a mountain. Cha Dal Gun still appears furious while he seems to be explaining something, and Jung Kook Pyo looks back at him with a dark expression on his face.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1367370wpp/lee-seung-gi-and-baek-yoon-shik-have-a-tense-confrontation-in-vagabond

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

After watching snippets of it....Dal Geon is a very tragic character. Born too innocent to trust everyone. Which is his downfall. But from ep 16, I think things will change for him. He will become someone stronger, fearsome and not get hurt again...

This was the best scene so far! Me and my sister just shouted laughing like a lunatic in the room when he came out in the bathroom! Too bad for him! Good for Hae-ri and us! Kekekeke!

So..... I’m racking my brain on how will Dalgeon escape that fire? Edward being the mastermind is not surprising anymore, but how in the world will vagabond team will  put down a terrorist group??they need the avengers! Lol! But kidding aside they are just a powerful group that they know the location of Hae-ri and use it to threat DG. 
So they will put HR in jail huh? But anyway the long wait is over tomorrow is the Dday and I’m really going to miss this drama! I will miss discussing it with my family back home that every Friday and Saturday we are keep on reminding each other that there is new release in Netflix and even we are in different time zone we will watch it at the same time... 

Thank you Vagabond team for giving us exciting episode each week!  

A season 2 has to happen right? I was seriously hoping they wouldn’t end the series with the opening sequence. But they are doing exactly that. But I am glad that the twist is not that GHR is actually bad like some were hoping though. That may be a fun twist, but it also would be more bad and inconsistent writing on part of the show.  (Also how dumb of it was DG to just go and face Eduard alone without a backup plan. Like he couldn’t even take a couple secs and  call/txt anybody to give a heads up? This is where i am, what i’m thinking, my suspicions. If something happens, you know who did it. Also maybe come with backup? But if he wasn’t this way, there would be no story i guess. Also, he wouldn’t have been so easy to manipulate by Eduard.) 

So it seems that HR will go “black” to avenge DG. DG of course never dies, and he will come out alive but pretend he is dead so as to “protect” those he cares for and will assume a mission of lone ranger. He seems to have become a type of mercenary in the opening scenes, which means he must become one to infiltrate and bring it down somehow. Years pass and HR and DG’s paths cross unexpectedly, which is why DG is freaking out in the beginning and can’t pull the trigger. I feel like HR and DG need to meet again before the show ends. Will we get a reunion kiss?? It seems doubtful because they have not even admitted their feelings to each other. And like 7 yrs would have passed if they jumped to present time, making them very different people. Do I still want it? YES. Geez. The glacial pace of this couple is infuriating, even for a kdrama. Likely, it will end when they finally meet again with  vague open ending. And no major resolution on Samael. Unless they do some copout ending. 

So a second season of some sort is likely in order? They also, I hope, would have LSG and Suzy come back (because they are the primary pull in the show, story aside). If they do not get the og cast back, I’m just going to toss this whole thing. (If you watched Suzy’s bday video that LSG&co. took of surprising her and then Suzy making a wish, they clearly wanted the show to perform super well. Granted, all cast and crew wish for success for their projects, but i wonder if a s2  is contingent on the performance on s1. I would argue that it should be doing more than well enough on netflix, and I think I read somewhere here that the show made more than enough internationally through netflix and ads to fully cover the cost of the show and then some. It seems solid (though not spectacular) in skorea. So not sure.) I also worry about a second season because they both seems so busy. Suzy already has talks about being in another drama for next yr. Which means that if a s2 does happen, it will either be without all/most of the og cast. Or it will not air until like the end of next yr at earliest.

Easily the best episode so far. There definitely has to be a Season 2. Even though nothing's been confirmed, there's been simply too much talk about it from people involved with the show.

You'd think they would have filmed at least some of it already if a plan was in place.

Vagabond is winning some awards this year.

53 minutes ago, smiletall said:

I feel like HR and DG need to meet again before the show ends. Will we get a reunion kiss?? It seems doubtful because they have not even admitted their feelings to each other. And like 7 yrs would have passed if they jumped to present time, making them very different people. Do I still want it? YES.

We know they will.

5dc376798d54510c8aa2cfd6-p.jpg

5dc37679ca8db20a3242b96e-p.jpg

5dc376788d54510c8aa2cfd5-p.jpg

9 hours ago, smiletall said:

DG of course never dies, and he will come out alive but pretend he is dead so as to “protect” those he cares for and will assume a mission of lone ranger. He seems to have become a type of mercenary in the opening scenes, which means he must become one to infiltrate and bring it down somehow. Years pass and HR and DG’s paths cross unexpectedly, which is why DG is freaking out in the beginning and can’t pull the trigger.

Good speculation. Let me piggyback on it that maybe after he went solo underground without telling a single soul, HR somehow got released from prison by Edward and then worked for him. DG was expecting to take out Edward with his aiming, but surprise surprise, it is HR who came out of the car. 

27 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Good speculation. Let me piggyback on it that maybe after he went solo underground without telling a single soul, HR somehow got released from prison by Edward and then worked for him. DG was expecting to take out Edward with his aiming, but surprise surprise, it is HR who came out of the car. 

This theory is likely to happen. It is as predicted.

But I dunno, it seems so easy that Dalgun get's somewhat killed but he actually survives (i want to see how he survived the big blast in ep 15) and Haeri will go dark and start stabbing people in jail (based on ep 16 preview). Then she starts working for the baddie. So it means the baddie will still be at large after all that they have done for 15 episodes.

No matter what happens in the finale, I don't think I will be satisfied with this storytelling. We spent 15 or maybe 16 episodes in 2012. If they shove in a huge 6-7 year time jump in ep 16 it's just....I don't know how to describe it. Gahhhh. It doesn't make sense if they keep the story in 2012 since Haeri will be jailed, also Dalgun needs some sniper lessons, he can't be a sniper without loads of training. So...maybe there will be a 2nd season?

This drama was very hyped up. I didn't have high expectations for Vagabond, but I can't deny that I did expect more from the hype. I had expectations that it will give us plot twists and interesting characters...but imo..everyone is one dimensional, the story is predictable. Most if not all viewers have predicted the EP is the bad guy, though I tried to make other predictions because EP as the bad guy is too obvious. He's always there. And Dalgun always give him info. Somehow in ep 15 Dalgun had the idea to think and connect the dots after not thinking much for 15 episodes.

My words might backfire after the finale airs. I mean maybe there will be a plot twist that will make everything somehow make sense. Hahaha 

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Ah good theory! Also so lame if the show ends soon after this. 

52 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

No matter what happens in the finale, I don't think I will be satisfied with this storytelling. We spent 15 or maybe 16 episodes in 2012. If they shove in a huge 6-7 year time jump in ep 16 it's just....I don't know how to describe it. Gahhhh. It doesn't make sense if they keep the story in 2012 since Haeri will be jailed, also Dalgun needs some sniper lessons, he can't be a sniper without loads of training. So...maybe there will be a 2nd season?

This drama was very hyped up. I didn't have high expectations for Vagabond, but I can't deny that I did expect more from the hype. I had expectations that it will give us plot twists and interesting characters...but imo..everyone is one dimensional, the story is predictable. 

Completely agree. I mostly tried to hold off on judgement until the end. And now that there’s one ep left, (unless the last ep is AMAZING) I think I can comfortably say that the story has been incredibly predictable for a spy drama so far. And what’s worse is that it felt like the writer wasn’t even trying that hard. I understand they wanted to explain the whole backstory, but I seriously feel like they could have condensed this whole 2012 storyline and ended up with the same amount of character and story development in like half the time. And then they could have gone into 2019 at the halfway mark. It would have made for tighter story telling and writing, instead of semi-meandering at points. We also would maybe have a chance for a better resolution in a single season instead of wondering if s2 is actually happening or not. Some eps were not even a full hour. There were unnecessary recaps at the beginning of others. And one ep was entirely just literally them taking KWG from the freight container to the courthouse. The part that annoys me is that this is the point in the story where the characters actually can show development and growth! Part of the reason why the characters feel so one dimensional is because the writers basically kept them the same from beginning to end. There is barely any growth. HR does become a more patriotic agent through DG, but she still never fully gains a sense of true agency or storyline. DG is as hotheaded from beginning to end and is still running off blindly. Their relationship has hints and is adorable, but is also paced so awkwardly at times. With DG’s supposed death, HR now actually has a chance at a more personal and stronger storyline that could connect her better with the viewers through her avenging DG’s death. Does she try to take on his mantle of justice? Or find her own way of revenge? Her own journey and emotional payout would feel much more organic and earned. And DG likely goes to a much darker place as well. A colder and more calculated DG would be a welcome dichotomy. And when they meet up, then what?? I want more than a couple mins of reunion. There would be so much dang history and emotions to dig through!  I feel like there is so much more potential for the main characters at this point in the story! Instead we are doing a time jump and it’s the last episode. If this was a 24 ep drama or the eps were longer in runtime, I wouldn’t be complaining as much. But the obvious twist with EP came way too late. I blame the writers more than the cast and production. 

Still, I honestly adore LSG and Suzy together. They have a sweet chemistry. I also just wish their synergy had been better utilized. 

Not to be too much of a downer, because I do enjoy this drama still.  But the possibility and potential of what it could have been is sometimes annoying to think about. 

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

There is info floating around that it is a 24-episode drama. Which is why season 1 is to be with 16 episodes and season 2 with 8 episodes. 

The pacing would make more sense if it was a 24 ep series. So I hope it’s true. 

4 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

Does anyone know how old Dal Geon and Hae Ri are supposed to be in 2012? Were their ages mentioned ever? 

Based on their passports, I recall Dalgun is born in 1982 so he's 30, Haeri is born in 1980 (edit: based on her Japanese passport) so she's 32. I'm not sure if Haeri's age is accurate, since it could be a false NIS agent age hahaha. But it does suit the timeline. Haeri had the NIS interview in 2006, assuming she went to the interview after she finished college, university and/or attended related pre-qualification agent training/exams, 26 years old sounds logical at that point of time.

4 hours ago, smiletall said:

Still, I honestly adore LSG and Suzy together. They have a sweet chemistry. I also just wish their synergy had been better utilized. 

I adore LSG and Suzy, their close relationship behind the scenes is cute. But for Dalgun x Haeri I just can't see them more than friends or comrades. I suspect it's due to their characterization, each time the writer shoves them together, it feels so forced and unnatural.

In ep 16, I was appaled that Dalgun was not willing to backdown when he saw a bomb in a jam-packed subway restaurant (imagine all those innocent lives gone if the bomb went kaboom) but suddenly he wilts and somewhat immediately backs down when Haeri is being targeted. In the end, from the way I see it....this drama was always about romance above other things. The writer could have made it the opposite way, show Haeri as target first and Dalgun is not willing to backdown aka showing his resolve in digging the truth and justice, and then goes to the subway restaurant bomb, where he wilts because of the graveness and how many people will be affected by his actions. 

4 hours ago, smiletall said:

Not to be too much of a downer, because I do enjoy this drama still.  But the possibility and potential of what it could have been is sometimes annoying to think about. 

To think of the possibilities of what the drama could have been if more thought was put into the plot, characterizations and connections is annoying. It had so much potential, but the delivery leaves much to be desired. Imo, the drama does not need more episodes if the events were paced better, but in VB's case it is dragged out to oblivion. The unnecessary long recap in nearly each ep is uncalled for. More than 10 minutes recap in a 60 minute episode...who does that? Gahhhh. Instead of giving long recaps, give us more plot and growth.

I also thought the show will jump to present time somewhere in the middle of the series. The plane crash will be solved and Haeri-Dalgun will work on other crimes/cases. But they stretched out the plane fiasco to 16 episodes. Nearly half the series was about them trying to drag KWG to Korea, upon his return, KWG suddenly hands himself in. What even *sigh*. And Oh Sang Mi suddenly is such a huge character. They should have stuck with lesser but more effective villains. We have truckloads of villain, but imo none leave a huge impact and unfortunately even the good guys have no emotional depth.

I don't blame the cast too. The writer had so much potential material, but never elaborated on it. The characterization was near to non-existent, the actors somehow made it work with what little they have.

I hope ep 16 will surprise me bigtime and be super awesome. And my words will backfire. Hahaha!

One more episode to go! How will this drama conclude. I hope there is a conclusion.

“Vagabond” Heads Into Finale With No. 1 Ratings

Nov 23, 2019
by E. Cha
4ff9dda34a48431ab0b6b73aa48f6514.jpeg?s=

With just one episode left in its run, SBS’s “Vagabond” is back and still going strong!

After canceling last week’s broadcasts due to baseball coverage, “Vagabond” returned to air its first episode in two weeks on November 22. According to Nielsen Korea, the penultimate episode of the drama scored average nationwide ratings of 8.7 percent, 10.1 percent, and 11.8 percent for its three parts. The broadcast, which peaked at a viewership rating of 13.3 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area, also took first place in its time slot across all channels.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1367455wpp/vagabond-heads-into-finale-with-no-1-ratings

Moon Chung-hee shook the drama with the birth of a wicked character.

1VQWSBPUBE_1.jpg

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsVIew/1VQWSBPUBE

Kang Kyung-heon played Oh Sang-mi perfectly without losing the tension until the end of the SBS Vagabond

2019112300733_0.jpg

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2019/11/23/2019112300741.html

I'm watching live!

Some spoilers in tab

Spoiler

Uuuu...lily and bowl hair saves Dalgun.

Haeri goes to prison to 'save' Jessica. Jessica noticed that Jerome is a prison guard and somehow passes info to NIS. I'll roll with it. Hahaha. This is better than Haeri going dark and hellbent on revenge because of Dalgun. I suppose they're trying to fool EP.

Jessica and Haeri are fighting. And she stabs Jessica. Haeri gets dragged out. EP is watching through the CCTV. 

Jessica somehow has a phone in prison and contacts EP. They meet to talk. Talk2. All I understand is Jessica saying: I hate you. Lol XD

Jessica monologue: Go burn in hell Edward. *burn*

Haeri is crying thinking of Dalgun. Suzy is actually doing a good job looking sad. But the memories montage is meh. Sorry.

Omg!!!!!! SHIN SUNG ROK AD!!!!!! his Welcome Bank ad! Kyaaaaa~

Edit: it's more like ep 16 part 2 not 16th February for season 2. Lol. I was so expecting a season 2 that I very likely could have misintreprated the 16 2 on the title card. I went on Naver and no one was talking about 16 feb. Haha

Continue.

Haeri gets released. Jessica picks her up. I don't know what year this is.

But now we are in north africa. Some people are shooting. EP is still around. Oh it's Dalgun. And someone said we found the baby. Whose baby? Who? Hahahaha

Ohhhh...it's something radioactive. Hahaha. Omg they called the radioactive stuff baby. Ahhh. Dalgun is working with Lily? And also Jerome? I'm legit confused. I mean Jerome was still bad as of what I remember a few minutes ago. Hahah

Anyways. Dalgun killed his teammates. Oh. Jerome comes. He's still evil. Dalgun x Jerome 2.0!!! 

Jerome opens baby. No. That is radioactive.  Edit: I thought I saw a radioactive symbol but it's actually a biohazard symbol.

Jerome: who the hell are you!!! Cha Dal Gun. Hahahaha

Dalgun shot baby biohazard stuff leak!  Poor Jerome. Kekekeke. Suddenly Dalgun has a vaccine.

Jerome says Axis. Eeeee...Jerome is so burned. 

Dalgun: where is the next terror attack?

Jerome: Kiria

Woah. Dalgun steps on the vaksin in front of Jerome's face. And of course he blows the place up. Ngahahaha

I gotta admit. This is actually fun. I like being wrong. Hahaha

Looks like theres a bigger power above EP and this specky prime minister dude(?). 

EP goes to Kiria. Manshik and suicide dude appears at the hanger. I'm bad with names. I only remember few names. Hehe

Kiria!!!!! 

It's Haeri getting ready scene. With loads of Lancome PPL  and Dalgun prepping up scene. 

Haeri is in the limo. Lol. The men are talking behing her back assuming she doesn't understand, but of course she does.

It's the monkey scene. The exact replica of ep 1 scene. My goodness. 16 episodes of backstory to get to here. Hahahaha

Shoots tyre. Haeri comes out. Dalgun aims. Scarf flies. Hair flies in the wind. Dalgun is shaken and shoot his partner. 

Okay. Now he's really a fugitive. How will explain a sniper shot to the head on his own team mate.

End!!!!!

Yeah there will be a season 2 for sure. The story is not concluded. The baddies are still at large. We still don't know who Axis is. 

Archived