[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

Just saw the still cuts and Seunggi looks just like when he was still in or just released of military service. haha

Considering that Seunggi was actually in special forces when he was enlisted, I'm so excited to see how he will portray a stunt man character with all the action scenes.

I quite liked the two leads' chemistry back in Gu Family Book. They were great in delivering both the romance and action aspects.

Since it's a proven pairing and all, I have quite a high expectation to this drama.

Can't wait!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/12/2018 at 7:19 AM, incoty said:

I thought it was odd that it was supposed to premiere in Feb when they're still filming in December.

A whole year of waiting is really a lot. Hope it'll be worth the wait. 

With this writer and director of course it will worth the wait..

Advance

Drama "Vagabond" was initially discussed with SBS and there were some problems . But they ended up talking to SBS again. A drama official said on the 26th December that after a long discussion, drama 'Vagabond' will be broadcasted in  May.

The drama started shooting in June, and was scheduled to be completed by pre-production until the end of the year, but it is delayed until the end of January next year or until February.
20181226161411280.jpg

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11747137

I am glad they settled the broadcast TV station and they got an airing date.

It's official: Broadcast will start in May 2019 every Wednesday and Thursday. 

http://mnc.asiae.co.kr/view.htm?idxno=2018122615494762820#cb

4 minutes ago, larus said:

I am glad they settled the broadcast TV station and they got an airing date.

Yes. It's probably the issues with the broadcasting network that caused further delay.

13 minutes ago, incoty said:

Yes. It's probably the issues with the broadcasting network that caused further delay. 

I`ve noticed that big budget productions like Vagabond and Prometheus have difficultes finding a broadcasting network. It is understandable, the risks are high for the network. At least, Vagabond started production, almost completed filming and now they have am airing date.  There are no other action dramas as Vagabond on the market at the moment, so we all hope the writing is good and it is a good catchy drama so they will have a succes. 

Lee Seung Gi And Suzy’s New Drama Confirms Broadcast Plans

6803845957574595b755097321a805ea.jpeg?s=

Lee Seung Gi and Suzy’s new drama “Vagabond” has announced its broadcast plans!

On December 26, a source from SBS reported, “‘Vagabond’ will air on SBS as the new Wednesday-Thursday drama next May.”

“Vagabond” is a spy drama that tells the story of a man who encounters an unexpected accident and begins to dig up information on the country’s corruption. Director Yoo In Shik and writer Jang Young Chul have once again joined forces after their co-creation of “Giant” and “Incarnation of Money.”

Back in June, Suzy and Lee Seung Gi confirmed joining the cast as the drama’s lead actors. Lee Seung Gi will play the role of Cha Dal Gun, a stuntman who tries to reveal the truth behind a mysterious plane crash incident.

Suzy will play the role of Go Hae Ri, an agent at National Intelligence Service. She is the daughter of Go Kang Chul, a lieutenant of the Marine Corps who tragically passes away. After her father’s passing, Go Hae Ri becomes the head of her family, which motivates her to become a Level 7 civil servant.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1283335wpp/lee-seung-gi-suzys-new-drama-confirms-broadcast-plans

December 26 2018

Air date and first still images of Lee Seung-Gi for SBS drama series “Vagabond”

Vagabond-LSG-SI1.png

SBS drama series “Vagabond,” starring Lee Seung-Gi and Bae Suzy, is now slated to first air May, 2019 in their Wednesday and Thursday 10PM time slot. Filming for the drama series is currently ongoing and was originally scheduled to finish by the end of this year, but completion is now pushed back to sometime in late January or February, 2019.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/air-date-and-first-still-images-of-lee-seung-gi-for-sbs-drama-series-vagabond

Dec 31 2018

Teaser for SBS drama series “Vagabond”

Vagabond-teaser1SM0000.jpg

First teaser trailer added for upcoming SBS drama series “Vagabond” starring Lee Seung-Gi and Bae Suzy. The teaser trailer starts off with Lee Seung-Gi on the rooftop of a building and a voice over asks “Why are you here?” in Korean. Lee Seung-Gi then replies “I came here with my own money to catch the person who killed my nephew. Something wrong?” The first teaser runs for 1 minute and shows quite a bit of high tech action scenes in exotic locations.

“Vagabond” first airs May, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-for-sbs-drama-series-vagabond

I liked this part:

- FBI, NIS?

- Cascadeur (stunt man).

I know that for some of you is a sequence of Gu Family Book, but for me it sounded like a sequence of My Girlfriend is a Nine-tailed Fox - Cha Dae Woong has finally achieved his dream, and his stage name is Cha Dal Geon. :blush:

@larus I've accidentally come across the names of the characters, and Lee Seung Gi plays Cha Dal Geon (차달건, although you might prefer Cha Dal Gun), while Suzy plays Go Hye Ri (고혜리).

Others that were also mentioned and are missing from the first post are:

Jeong Man Sik - Min Jae Sik

Hwang Bo Ra - Gong Hwa Suk

Source: namu.wiki

12 hours ago, Hannahmiriam said:

I've accidentally come across the names of the characters, and Lee Seung Gi plays Cha Dal Geon (차달건, although you might prefer Cha Dal Gun), while Suzy plays Go Hye Ri (고혜리).

Others that were also mentioned and are missing from the first post are:

Jeong Man Sik - Min Jae Sik

Hwang Bo Ra - Gong Hwa Suk

Thanks. I will make changes on the first page. But Suzy`s character is named Go Hae Ri in many sources. Probably you are right but until I see other confirmation I will keep this name. I will keep my eyes on the changes.

SBS Releases New Year Present of Minute Long Thrilling Teaser for Vagabond with Lee Seung Gi and Suzy

http://koalasplayground.com/2018/12/31/sbs-releases-new-year-present-of-minute-long-thrilling-teaser-for-vagabond-with-lee-seung-gi-and-suzy/#more-94122

Watch: Lee Seung Gi And Suzy’s Upcoming Spy Drama Drops Action-Packed First Trailer

d014aebe42e8422a8c42e53e89ba25e0.jpeg?s=

December 31, SBS dropped the first teaser trailer for the highly-anticipated drama “Vagabond” starring Lee Seung Gi and Suzy.

The trailer gives a first taste of the explosive action and stunts that the drama has in store for 2019 and shows the exploits of Lee Seung Gi’s character, Cha Dal Gun, a stuntman on the hunt to uncover the truth behind a mysterious plane crash that killed 211 people, including his nephew. Suzy plays Go Hae Ri, the daughter of a marine who was killed during a mission, who becomes a secret agent of the National Intelligence Service.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1286361wpp/watch-lee-seung-gi-suzys-upcoming-spy-drama-drops-action-packed-first-trailer

Lee Seung Gi Thanks EXO’s Sehun For Supporting His New Drama

Lee Seung Gi thanks EXO’s Sehun for showing support for his upcoming drama!

On January 2, Lee Seung Gi took to Instagram to show gratitude towards Sehun, who sent a coffee truck to show his support for the upcoming drama “Vagabond.”

The actor commented, “This is what it feels like to receive a surprise present. I’ve never felt this excited about a guy before. I thank Sehun who dropped his present without a word. Let’s meet up soon and #loveshot together. I love you.”

The production team of “Vagabond” also took to their own Instagram account to thank Sehun for his generosity. They wrote, “EXO’s Sehun sent a present to Lee Seung Gi. Thank you for such a heartwarming present for the cold weather!”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1286839wpp/lee-seung-gi-thanks-exos-sehun-supporting-new-drama

Yes for this. Not so much for the actors not really fan of them but it's more for the story the writer and director. I like political action thriller dramas.  I like this because  best tandem the writer and the director. I've seen all dramas they both worked on and individuals projects.  check previous pages or the page 1 you'll see.

@larus is this pre produced?

Archived