[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

Vagabond: Episode 10

by LollyPip

Vagabond10-00314.jpg

This show is such a roller coaster — every time I think our heroes have gotten themselves into a situation they can never survive, they manage to find the most implausible escape route. Then just when it seems they finally have the upper hand, a new traitor is discovered and it all goes wrong again. But it’s a roller coaster that’s still a lot of fun, and I can’t help enjoying the ride.

EPISODE 10 RECAP

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/vagabond-episode-10/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the last 2 episodes especially 12, the thought occurred to me is do the government and bad guys think people are that stupid.  The reason is that there were several scenes that clearly showed the cover up especially with  the level of effort to prevent KW from testifying and the people that supported the good guys to let the "truth" come out.  It also showed that the president's greed/self interest outweighs his "care" for his fellow countryman as well as the sheer hypocrisy of the whole process.  There was blatant sabotage and propoganda in this.  The question came to mind is this - would you be patriotic/trust a country that has done the things to you like CDG?  Where would the loyalty lie?  The answer would be you cannot trust the government and those who are out there for self interest especially in power, but what about the people who are willing to sacrifice themselves to help you?  Those are the ones that deserve your loyalty.

Now that we have reached halfway point, I think its going to be the actions & results of the court case that forces CDG to leave and it would define the other affected characters (good guys).  I won't  beloabour  ther points as it relates to the madness of some scenes as this show is to be mindless entertainment.

Looking forward to the next episode. Take care

Vagabond was originally rumored to have 24 episodes, but then it went down to 16. I'm thinking the remaining 8 episodes (or more) are in the process of being filmed or in post production, and will, in fact, consist of Season 2.

58 minutes ago, incoty said:

Vagabond was originally rumored to have 24 episodes, but then it went down to 16. I'm thinking the remaining 8 episodes (or more) are in the process of being filmed or in post production, and will, in fact, consist of Season 2.

I thought the extra episodes were just groundless rumours. Filming started around mid(?) 2018 and concluded in May 2019, hence the wrap up party with the cast saying their goodbyes and thank you's on social media. Post production supposedly should have ended too considering all the time they have in between. 

For a drama that is prepared for so long (some say from 4 years ago)....unfortunately the editing/situation/plot errors are quite glaring. Example: bullet holes suddenly appearing and dissapearing on the car, the hand on the exploding microwave in early Morocco episode and much more. Huhuhu

Bulletholes come and go :sweatingbullets:

1W3X8R.gif

“Vagabond” Cast Manages To Keep Up Spirits Despite Difficult Filming Conditions

Oct 30, 2019
by L. Kim
1d5b55ca62514154bc5724f94b0e6911.jpeg?s=

“Vagabond” released new behind-the-scene photos of its starring cast!

The drama is about a stuntman named Cha Dal Gun (played by Lee Seung Gi) who teams up with an NIS (National Intelligence Service) agent named Go Hae Ri (played by Suzy) in order to uncover the truth behind the plane crash that killed his nephew.

Episode 12 captured the viewers’ attention with its blockbuster movie scale when Cha Dal Gun, Go Hae Ri, and the other NIS agents engaged in a flashy car chasing scene to avoid a shooting attack led by Min Jae Sik (Jung Man Sik). The high quality action scene received a hot response from the viewers, and they praised the fact that such an extravagant scene could be made in Korea.

To repay the viewers for their passionate support, the production crew unveiled behind-the-scene photos of the downtown shooting scene where Lee Seung Gi, Suzy, Shin Sung Rok, Jung Man Sik, Shin Seung Hwan Jang Hyuk Jin, and Choi Dae Chul brilliantly performed an action-packed scene.

First off, Lee Seung Gi arrived at the set early and relieved his nervousness by stretching. He approached the actors as they arrived and warmly greeted them with encouraging massages. Also, as soon as the cut sign was given, he showed his reliable and responsible side by monitoring himself and his co-stars.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1362514wpp/vagabond-cast-manages-to-keep-up-spirits-despite-difficult-filming-conditions

Lee Seung Gi And Suzy Experience A Climactic Series Of Events In “Vagabond”

Oct 31, 2019
by U. Kim

d2d728b7fac34674b2203242409d267d.jpeg?s=

Things are quickly building up in SBS’s “Vagabond.”

“Vagabond” is an espionage action drama about a stuntman named Cha Dal Gun (played by Lee Seung Gi) who teams up with an NIS (National Intelligence Service) agent named Go Hae Ri (played by Suzy) in order to uncover the truth behind the plane crash that killed his nephew.

Spoilers

Previously on “Vagabond,” the trial began for the lawsuit filed against Dynamic Systems by the family of the B357 plane crash victims. Cha Dal Gun and Go Hae Ri were able to bring Kim Woo Gi (played by Jang Hyuk Jin) to the court as a witness on the defendant’s side. They had also been able to make vice-president Michael of John & Mark confess that he had instigated the terror attack on the plane, and Kim Woo Gi also began to give his testimony after remaining silent for a long period of time. Will Kim Woo Gi turn the tables with his testimony?

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1362721wpp/lee-seung-gi-and-suzy-experience-a-climactic-series-of-events-in-vagabond

Helloes!  Just dropping by...

I had been waiting till morning refreshing Netflix and went here to confirm my suspicion... so it's that %&*()_^ baseball again!  I was hoping it will resume with airing on Netflix (vain hope).

So while looking for the reason why it did air, I was able to read some great insights here, as expected of Soompiers.  I wanted to share my two cents.  

1.  I hate baseball!

2.  If there is a season 2, I hope the main lead would be KTW... he's got all the right background and circumstances. Chingu @katakwasabi would be happy with that alongside with me.

3. I am suspicious of Edward Park from the start, tho he did mentioned that it makes a difference when things are a matter of the motherland.

4.  I think the president is not entirely privy of the actions Yun is doing on this slush fund matter but he is far from innocent as he is a cunning, sly fox.

5.  Tbh, Lily had become a joke for me.

Well, I just love Cha Dalgeon, gosh I love how he could make me cry with him.

Just a tidbit of info, here in the Philippines, there has been an on-going joke that CDG is like the male lead of a local primetime action police drama where the main lead always gets out any situation alive, the difference is that Vagabond is only 16 eps while that drama had been running for more than 3 years now. (Imagine that!)

Thanks everyone for the good read! waves @bebebisous33 and all chingus here.

Archived