[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

20 minutes ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Wow! So, there are so many mixed opinions on this forum, and I may be in the minority, but I love this drama! While there are a few plot holes, I think the drama has been quite realistic in other parts. 

I have a theory about Vagabond. Chief Gang could have used this when he was sitting in jail, but he waited right up until the moment that everyone would think that he was dead. Gang is a great observer. He knew that Oh Sang Mi had made a deal with someone high up. He knew that Jessica was going to get released. He knew that CDG wasn't completely crazy. And, he knew that Min Jae Sik wasn't going to be able to pull the trigger and kill him. He knew that he would find another way. He also knew that Jessica was working with someone up high, which we later found out Shadow is the special secretary. So who is backing Vagabond? The one thing that kept  bothering me each episode was how conveniently out-of-the-loop the president appeared. All of this turmoil and treachery was going on right under his nose and he seemed to be so oblivious to it. But, the scene where Gang tries to get a message to the president about the botched mission and his assistant is about to give it to him but she gets cut off by the special secretary. I knew then that more was going on there. I think the president may know exactly what is going on but pretending with all of the snakes around him. I think that is why he did an about face and confided in the prime minister that he wanted the J&M deal to go through because it was a good deal and seemed to be the best for the country, yet he had not other motives about it. What if he is behind Vagabond???

It is possible.  At times when the President is replying to the PM, he sounds sarcastic.  After all the PM did mention that the President is a good Actor

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@nubianlegalmind In my opinion, The Prime Minister could be the person behind Vagabond. Don't forget that the note was read by him... and it might have been addressed to him in reality, while Yoon thought that in his naivety, Kang would try to contact the president. Don't you find it weird how the Prime Minister Hong looked down on Yoon's speech so that at the end, the president asked him to write a new one? So Hong is trying to get closer to the president and even acts as his best advisor... it was as if he was trying to replace Yoon. There is a rivalry between these two men and from my point of view, Hong has a different agenda.

The president is corrupt... especially after seeing how he treated the masseuse. He touched her indicating that this was more than a normal massage. Hong might appear as someone who supports the acquisition of new air fighters from J&M but I get this feeling that this is all just an act.

56 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

The president is corrupt... especially after seeing how he treated the masseuse. He touched her indicating that this was more than a normal massage. Hong might appear as someone who supports the acquisition of new air fighters from J&M but I get this feeling that this is all just an act.

I forgot about this, yes, the president definitely is shady in other ways. Wasn't it like episode 3 or 4 when someone mentioned Min Jae Sik getting women for him? Either way, I can't wait to see what the rivalry between the Prime Minister and Yun will reveal. Great analysis.

14 minutes ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I forgot about this, yes, the president definitely is shady in other ways. Wasn't it like episode 3 or 4 when someone mentioned Min Jae Sik getting women for him? Either way, I can't wait to see what the rivalry between the Prime Minister and Yun will reveal. Great analysis.

The rivalry was also palpable, when Yoon had to sit outside the conference room, while Hong and the president were chatting. Yoon was listening to their conversation. From my point of view, the president is using Yoon as his dirty man. If later someone accused the president of being an accomplice, he could claim that the message never reached him and Yoon is responsible for this.

However, I have the impression that the Prime Minister is trying to find a different way to implicate the president in the long run... by pushing him to sign the papers with J&M and even by writing such a speech, the president seems to be somehow linked to that dirty company.

@bebebisous33 and @nubianlegalmind interesting theories. PM and  did not attract my attention at all. But now I'm gonna pay attention to them more. Haha

This pretty much sums up how I felt when watching ep 9.

https://zutter-luxe.tumblr.com/post/188432667680/another-episode-of-vagabond-full-of-nonsensical

I was laughing and facepalming when the best NIS assassin shot randomly at a closed door. That's just.....idiotic. The NIS assassin team vs Dalgun had me rolling my eyes. He's so lucky. A stuntman is not the same level as a trained assassin/NIS agent. Show need to stop making NIS hitman look incompetent to give Dalgun the upperhand. It feels too imbalanced. Luck and life is on Dalgun's side, since all of his recent opponents are beneath him in skill. Korea can hire Dalgun as their 'one man  NIS person' and fire the rest. Clearly Dalgun is better than a dozen assassins combined. 

I want Scarface to return and put up a fight against Dalgun. 

5d8c0a16b90c972540c13921-p.jpg

--------------------

Ki Tae Woong pics!

His smile is limited to behind the scene pics only 

7002_0-54965700-1571691141_5dad349fa0281

Fooooooodddd!

7002_0-24270000-1571691141_5dad349fa0281

That is the best part of this Drama.  Everybody is so Suspicious. We can never be sure who is the Real Culprit;    who is the Real Power behind "Vagabond".  How influential is EP.     And we still have the Penultimate Scene of DG being asked to shoot.... &  then find himself pointing his weapon at beautiful GH coming out of a car instead.

Watch: Lee Seung Gi And Suzy’s Hard Work During Training And Filming “Vagabond” Action Scenes Earns Praise

Oct 22, 2019
by J. K

b2fe0317294949259bdb5fdb83e933a3.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Night of Real Entertainment” put a spotlight on how the lead actors of the drama “Vagabond” are carrying out their intense action scenes.

Lee Seung Gi, who plays a stuntman in the drama, pulls off over 90 percent of his stunts in the show’s many action scenes.

In the October 22 episode of “Night of Real Entertainment,” the team sat down with the martial arts director for the show, who shared that Lee Seung Gi trained for three hours a day for three months to prepare for the stunts. “Usually when people train for three hours, they’re so tired out that they can’t do anything else,” the director said. “But even after Lee Seung Gi trained for three hours, he’d suggest that we go run up a mountain. It might be because it’s not been long since he was discharged from the military. He was really passionate.”

The director also named a scene that was surprising because Lee Seung Gi did it himself. It was the scene in which the actor jumped off the roof of a building. “It was filmed at an angle where it could have been a stunt double doing it instead, but I think it looked so great because Lee Seung Gi did it,” he said.

“Night of Real Entertainment” showed footage of Lee Seung Gi as he jumped off the building 20 to 30 times, spending four hours filming the scene. Lee Seung Gi also personally pulled off a scene in which he was pulled along while holding on to the back of a car.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1360693wpp/watch-lee-seung-gi-and-suzys-hard-work-during-training-and-filming-vagabond-action-scenes-earns-praise

Vagabond: Episode 8

by LollyPip

Vagabond08-00314.jpg

Nothing is ever simple when you’re battling with two countries and and a powerful conglomerate for justice. Nobody but our two heroes seems to care about justice, not when more important things like money and political power are at stake. Every time they thinks they’ve gotten ahead, they finds themselves facing another wall… but they may also have found a very unlikely ally.

EPISODE 8 RECAP

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/vagabond-episode-8/

PREVIEW

VO – What do you think that Cha Dal-gun wants?

JC – Let’s have fun

TW – Your comrade behind your back can be your worst enemy

Min – You talked to Go Hae-ri right?

Min – The co-pilot will never make it to Korea

HK – What if he shows up?

DG – Is the president above you?

Min – Ask him if he has any evidence

Copilot – Yes, definite evidence

HK – No arresting, just kill them

(Looks like GH was stabbed from the back by the co-pilot)

1 hour ago, cadymcbronzie said:

The corners of Chief's lips... you're mine! You're mine :heart:

Most definitely referring to his smile :love:

Thank you for the translation~~~~~ kyaaaa :heart:

He's all smiles behind the scenes.

70320868_2472133059510813_77260148869158

Ki Tae Woong in-character stills. So cold and stoic. Hahaha

72996266_2546355295421922_19809581452073

74230455_2546275318763253_54674524067048

Vagabond: Episode 9

by Regals

Vagabond09-00837.jpg

Trapped in Morocco with nowhere to run, our team of heroes are stuck waiting for help that’s never going to arrive. With few allies left in Korea to bail them out, their only hope is that they can catch on to a nefarious plot that’s brewing before it’s too late.

EPISODE 9 RECAP

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/vagabond-episode-9/

Lee Seung Gi And Suzy Dial Up The Romantic Feels In “Vagabond”

f579243c5198471781b0b33900ad01a5.jpeg?s=

Read the article here -- https://www.soompi.com/article/1361289wpp/lee-seung-gi-and-suzy-dial-up-the-romantic-feels-in-vagabond

Can't wait for this scene!  Am sure it's gonna be funny amidst all the drama onboard the ship and what awaits them upon docking :w00t:

'Vagabond' Jang Hyuk Jin; Lee Seung Gi will apologise every time he hit me

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003227329

201910251116039405629_20191025111652_01_

Just translating the juicy parts of Jang Hyuk Jin's recent interview ^_^

Whenever Seung Gi cursed at me and even beat me, he would say "I'm sorry... hyung, are you ok?" 

I said, "Don't worry. I'm fine, so make yourself comfortable."

Such consideration made Lee Seung Gi more immersed in acting and he was able to express his feelings better.

"When filming in Morocco, there were quite a lot of scenes riding in the car together with Seung Gi, Suzy, Shin Sung Rok and Shin Seung Hwan.  We (the actors) have talked more often after the shooting.  And recently, we met again at Suzy's birthday party and we became even closer."

Vagabond OST Part 6 is out!

The VANE (더 베인) - Open Fire

Archived