[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

she was wearing a black coat as well. We were only led to believe in Ep 1 that it might be her.

I figured that the coat clue was probably a red herring.  But it's interesting because it leads us to question whether GHR is someone we can trust.

22 minutes ago, roxnilla7 said:

Yep! And I've now just convinced my husband to watch the drama with me too! Sooo excited

It's so much more fun when you have someone there to share with you.  This is certainly a drama that would appeal to anyone who likes action and spy stuff.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a fan of the writer and director tandem  for this drama not so much for the stars but I like SSR.

On 3/29/2018 at 1:24 PM, jongski said:

I like the PD and the writer I've watched their dramas.  The kind of story and the genre (thriller.) I like.

Reading some of  the posts...looks to be good. I'm gonna watch in a bit.. then share thoughts too.

High chance you'll become one after watching the first two episodes.

LSG and Suzy couldn't have picked a better project to advance their respective careers. This is hitting big and it'll probably reach even bigger heights.

That they're falling in love with each other or at the very least have mutual feelings for each other is certain, we've seen the relationship chart.

I enjoyed the first two eps enough but why in episode 2 when they're checking the CCTV would they not look for the footage of him chasing after the guy? The FL saw him chasing after him so if they couldn't find the footage she could surely confirm it had been tampered with or confirm it was the guy

And am I going crazy or did he get stabbed in the leg when they're fighting in the car but is fine running after people a few days later

I'm not expecting massive amounts of realism, especially with this kind of story, but obvious oversights completely take me out the story, even more so when they've spent so much time and money presumably to refine it.

Glad it's on Netflix.

9 hours ago, thistle said:

I figured that the coat clue was probably a red herring.  But it's interesting because it leads us to question whether GHR is someone we can trust.

Yes. Also, we have this scene at the very start. Why Haeri was DG's target, which makes this much more interesting :D...

20190923-115046.gif 

57 minutes ago, thistle said:

And why has DG become a sniper?

Considering the opening scene is set on 2019, I guess DG became a mercenary or undercover (or something else) over the past 7 years to dig out truth behind the plan crash? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, findit said:

Considering the opening scene is set on 2019, I guess DG became a mercenary or undercover (or something else) over the past 7 years to dig out truth behind the plan crash? :ph34r:

How did you know it's set in 2019, btw? I didn't see any written on the screen when I watched it.

6 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

How did you know it's set in 2019, btw? I didn't see any written on the screen when I watched it.

I remember reading it from some of k-media reviews. Will share if I can find translated version!  

I'm done with episodes. I aready like both episodes. I'm happy witgh the action scenes. The leap through buildings, the chase scences in the back alley., the jumps from building to the moving cars.Think of it as Bourne Identity type.

The opening scene though as sniper, CDG aiming the gun to whoever is coming of the limousine, but he was shock to see it's Go Hae-Ri. It could be she was in compromising position with NIS. a sacrificial lamb for something that happened. He couldn't pull the trigger. He hesitated.

Tha main plot  is who could have done somnething horrendous as to  crashed the plan where his nephew was on board. There is something in return to the those who's responsible for the crash. Politics and corruption could be involve but I cam be wrong too. Maybe way wrong.  It could terrorist. It is so but. Probably a homegrown one.

Politics kills. Bidding wars, goverment contracts. Corruption. Even using children as tools. There's no way that they didn't know National youth Taekwando team will be on board.  Just to get a goverment contract, and win the bidding they have to sabotage plane designed by rival Dynamic System. That smirking smile of Jessica from J&M while Dynamic Systems officials being shouted at and attacked by family members of the plane crash while doing livepress con to and publicly apologized.  Jessica has no mercy. And to validate that She still had that same smirk when she looked in the coffin of Michael and said he prove himself and save them after all. She's not grieving at all. Not even sympathetic. And with that facial expression of hers, she was glad he's gone.

And then there's the President. Doing duties as it's called for but behind close doors in the Blue House showing no empathy. Crash victim families having memorial and he dismissed their suffering saying it doesn't have anything to do with him.

The mystery though would be who else were involve with the what happend or had knowledge. And is it more than just the bidding for the F70 jets.  It is deemed as terrorist attack.

Somebody from higher up or with position knew that Michael called the Incheon Airport security to warn of the crash but the men chasing Michael got to him so he wasn't able to elaborate. The lady security - Sgt. Park- who took the call got suspicious so  she hit that fire alarm and which turned on sprinklers on this sent the security personel scrambling out. In the midst of the chaos, a tall lady security  intentionally bump into her stuck something to the nape which sent Sgt Park convulsing on the floor with all the chaos other sofficers shouted to call for ambulance.  Meanwhile The co- pilot we learned was the person the suspect was talking to. They spoke Spanish, the co- pilot pretended he was talking to  wife/gf and said to the suspect not worry the other pilot doesn't know Spanish. They were talking abouth the time. Probably time when execution of when the plane will blow up, crash.

If anybody's wondering, the suspect survive as the door from where he was doing the evil deed burst open due to the pressure the gas tank and it exploded, he was able to..probably parachute before it's plane descend to crash.

We also know Michael is someone that works with CIA. Chief Gang mentioned this to Jessica when he saw her at the bidding process for the aircrafts.  Chief Gang fromreceive transfer orde (read: demoted) from  NIS to another department. He probably had the position that Hae-Ri's  current immediate supervisor Min. They saw each other at the bidding process and  the current chief being jerk to the old one, rubbing it in that the former one seems to be having hard time doing desk job, checking media notes and typos.

Anyway Chief Gang ask Jessica about Michael because the latter's wife is not answering the phone. Also asked why Michael killed himself. Why the suicide ( which is not but looks like it because the men chasing him made it look like he killed himself with the gun). Jessica ask how the chief knows about Michael,  and that's when he told her about being with CIA. 

So from the clues we know that  the plane crash was planned. There were others involve to what extent. I don't know. Is it an act of terrorist or a political inside job to gain something.

Jerome= the suspect. the survivor. Taking command from....we don't know who yet.

Jessica= By hook or by crook  need to get the goverment contract for J&M and has no remorse for what's happening

Airport secuity= Sgt Parkwho took the call of Michael was prick with something on the nape which stop the reporting of suspisious call before take off. Somebody within that department knows.

Chief Min: Judging by the personality seems to like to kiss a**  and most likely to the higher ups.

The President? Who knows.  Just because he could care less about national tragedy and more concerned with acquiring top of line fighter jets in the lon rung.

We still haven't seen the apperance of Ki Tae Woong (SSR character). I'm not sure what is the character of. But he's going to be the antagonist. But he works for the NIS too.

Oh I haven't made my mind up yet about Go Hae Ri. But I don't think she was involve but again could be doing something sacrificial? I mean when she came out of that limousine.

Obviously I have long post so  you guys can tell I enjoyed the drama. I like this type genre. :)

10 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

That's what we'll find out soon :D

Soon - hm - maybe the will end with the start. I mean if that scene is really as I guess in 2019 than we have a gap of 7 years between the plane crush and the opening scene. My guess - but actually its way to early for a show like this to make wild guesses is - after CDG could finnished that case he became the (secret) hero who could change and works for this country - and lost contact with GHR. And like that he found her again.

Damn - why is a week so long...

welcome @Sushimi to the thread :wub: , but why think she was the target in the first place ( first scene )  :D For some agent that her boss doesn’t want her back :joy: to turn to a target after 7 year gap ,  she most done a-lot of thing to make her important :lol:

I hope is scene for job interview again :mrgreen:

This makes sense.

ktcat2u

After watching the preview of Episode 3, I probably have some pictures in mind. When Haeri and DalGun were chased by terrorists, her clothes were the same as when she went to the police station. On the other hand, the location that DalGun was attacked and fall down on the floor seen like at the airport. I guess DalGun and Haeri were attacked by terrorists and almost lost their lives, and even her colleagues had been killed. Haeri realized that they could not confront the terrorists by themselves and decided to return to Korea to report to the National Intelligence Services and seeking assistance from them. But DalGun was missing after being attacked by the terrorists at the airport. Then it was connected to the opening of Episode 1, and DalGun, who was temporarily lost in memory, was taken to the Kingdom of Kiria in North Africa and trained as a killer. Haeri also came to North Africa because of her undercover mission. DalGun saw Haeri, who had met before, and suddenly recovered his memory...…

I guess they're going to make him another Jerom? A super soldier of sorts.

We've seen some glimpses of that in the teasers.

Vagabond-Official-Trailer-Netflix-ENG-SU

5-X-20-23-Sep-2019-20-50-30.png

5-X-20-23-Sep-2019-20-50-40.png

Archived