[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

3 hours ago, thistle said:

The Bad Guy did not have the aerosol bottle in his hand luggage;  he got it from a cabinet under the sink in the airplane lavatory.  That made me think that he was not working alone because an accomplice must have planted it there for him to find. 

He must have had a parachute.  It seemed like he was waiting in a specific place before the aerosol caused the oxygen tanks to blow a hole in the plane, so maybe he knew he could be able to jump out from there?  Realistically this seems impossible but this is a drama, so I guess we have to accept anyway.

To be honest, I found the plane scene horrifying because it showed how people died from the lack of oxygen and that made me think of 

Reveal hidden contents

the news reports about that lost flight from Malaysia a couple of years ago.  The news said that the people in the plane all likely died due to lack of oxygen.  :tears:  When I saw this in Vagabond, it made me think how easily this could have happened.  That is both sad and very frightening.

I think, it's the (co)pilot who left the aerosol there. He was the person in the lavatory before the bad guy enter it. Why I am thinking like this, because the phone call he got before take off in which he spoke in Spain. He mention something like 'he (another pilot) doesn't understand what I am saying". But I don't know what's the deal behind that since he also died in the crash.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm I don't know... after 2 episodes the biggest thing I get out of this is the level of rashness CDG is showing is starting to annoy me. Like chill calm down a little? I know he suffered a big loss, but the amount of screaming and insisting everyone is part of the plane crash got a little much.

That said, it is quite scary to see the level of infiltration from copilot to airport staff, and how easily the bad guys seem to be able to track everybody? And still no sign of Shin Sung Rok 

2 hours ago, Ellander88 said:

GHR is a double agent though. :ph34r:

I thought she was the one who killed Michael since she reported to someone that autopsy report would definitely appear as suicide and told that person not to fret over it.

But this episode, it turn out, another Chief told her to go to Lisbon to check on the crime scene where Michael was killed. And she seems wanted to confirm that the autopsy is indeed conclude as suicide with the PIS Chief.

Hmmmm...

Still not sure if she really is. But that Chief who told her to go to Lisbon, I think, is someone who used to be with her in NIS. Remember that "M" who called Haeri, when he met that Chief, he was telling him how it isn't so bad to be in Psychology Intelligence Dept or something, so I'm guessing he probably was demoted to that position. That last interview video scene of Haeri, the voice of the person interviewing her is that same Chief, imo. She might be doing it more as a favor.

Btw, nice to see you here too :D.

1 hour ago, ayamom said:

I think, it's the (co)pilot who left the aerosol there. He was the person in the lavatory before the bad guy enter it. Why I am thinking like this, because the phone call he got before take off in which he spoke in Spain. He mention something like 'he (another pilot) doesn't understand what I am saying". But I don't know what's the deal behind that since he also died in the crash.

I think we can all assume that the copilot is indeed an accomplice since it seemed he was directly talking to that Jerome guy. The question now is, whether he too survived or did a suicide by going down with the plane.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I feel for CDG. His actions are not always right but very much understandable. Looking from his flashback of when he took his nephew out from the orphanage, he seemed to be like this person who has no direction in life, its hard enough for him to survive by himself so taking another mouth to feed is already a burden for him. But then eventually, he made Hoon his responsibility, prolly his life. He was even willing to give up his stunt job in fear of losing his life and leaving Hoon alone. That "My mom abandoned me, will you abandon me too, Uncle? If you're going to, then do it now" and "Family is people living under the same roof" hit me so hard. CDG might not have the most loving family to say that. They became each other's family. And so losing him like that is more than just heartbreaking (and for some reason I can't help but tear up as I write this :sweatingbullets:). That is why him going to great lengths just to prove that Hoon's and the others' death is an act of terrorism is to be expected. But I agree with some of you that he should be mindful of his actions esp. that they're in a foreign land, you never know what can happen if you don't act rationally. At this point, he's driven more of his emotions than his brain. Hope we can see more of a calm and rational CDG in the coming eps :).

I might wanna borrow that sniper gun DG has from ep 1's intro and do the honor of  shooting that useless and heartless president :joy:. Really hate politicians like him as it's not too far from reality. There's lots of guys like him in this world that just makes me...ugh!

Looks like Ep 3 is more action packed~! Cannot wait already ! :blush:

6 hours ago, Ellander88 said:

It's one of the many theories based on what they could gather from the flight path data. Till now, nobody can really tell what exactly happened to the plane conclusively. It's a mystery. Sigh.

But, I also felt this choked sadness when I watched the plane crash scene which made me remember both MH planes, one being shot down, one went lost. 

Let us remember all the plane crash victims of any incident in silent prayer. May their soul rest in peace. 

My neighbor's son was one of the crew members of MH370. The saddest part was unlike other plane crash MH370 disappeared without a trace:sleepy:

Ratings are out...it's around 10.3%. Congrats Vagabond team.

Anyways...take a guess who is this in the drama? :lol:

(Answer in spoiler tab)

65523435_2602707046441094_55249228916462

0001047563_001_20190919061036516.jpg

Spoiler

It's actor Yoo Teo aka Jerome aka plane crash guy! He looks so different and he also look more tan in Vagabond. Hahaha

1174847_950432_1442.jpg

Fun fact..he is also Ragaz in Arthdal! :lol:

61467679_2541472949231171_50505607361037

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

@katakwasabi ...wuuuttt??.. he was also Ragaz???...my fave Neanthal..I'm shooked :joy: . I didn't see the resemblance at all..lol..

Here's the ratings for the 3 parts...looks like the third part always has the higher percentage..

I was shocked too.  He looks so soft outside of dramas. Lol.

I don't know how ratings are calculated. Usually dramas count ratings for all parts but Vagabond only takes the last rating (coincidently the highest rating) for the whole episode. Hmmmm.

https://m.entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/6487748/broadcastInfo/ratingCard

Just finished the second episode today. Vagabond is the first k-drama I'm watching in years. Gotta say I'm really impressed where the plot is going. My jaw totally dropped and my mind was blown when Go Hae Ri started to put the pieces together from the black box retrieval.

Joining the thread. Vagabond is awesome so far! And now I remember why I shouldn't watch currently-airing dramas, sigh. Six more days...

I really like how they invested time in CDG's backstory as a stuntman. It made the chase scenes possible and believable. Little Hoon was so cute. :( I like Suzy better in this than the last thing I watched her in. I can't believe the plane terrorist is the same guy as the  other roles shown above (from Arthdal, etc.) !! And LSG is really, really doing a fine job in this role. I love the setting and the production quality is HIGH. I also am loving the OST. 

Joining the thread now, haven't been so soompi for 3 years now. Have been waiting g for this drama forever since I learned that LSG n Suzy are in it. I was a fan of their earlier drama Gu Family book.

Ep 1 was fantastic. I was really worried that the drama was over hyped but do 1 was exceeded my expectations. Ep2 tempo is a lot slower but I understand they need to set up some backstory. 

Thanks for highlighting the timeline, where was it shown that they are in 2012 currently?

LSG has lost his baby fat on his face and is incredibly manly handsome now. His acting is good but I am not sure of it is exaggerated but I understand CDG is a bit of a rash character. Suzy is a natural now and exceedingly beautiful.

Am looking forward to seeing how their relationship developed leading to the desert opening scene.

I like that they use an Arabic music as background, add to the exoticness of the whole show.

The 10+ ratings is great, hopefully it climbs to 20%.

The co-pilot did survived because he appeared in the bts photos with Shin Sunrok n also LSG's ig posts.

1 hour ago, Seoulmemories said:

Thanks for highlighting the timeline, where was it shown that they are in 2012 currently?.

27hZcpT.jpg

9L5Qd0J.jpg

This is the calendar hung on the wall on the day Hoon left for Morocco (June 2012) 

I guess this should be more emphasized with Caption or something since many viewers seem to be confused by the timeline? :P

I love OST and BGMs too! 

<Vagabond> music director is Hyeseung Nam, one of the most successful MDs in the k-drama industry. She was the music director of <Goblin> as well.

9 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Still not sure if she really is. But that Chief who told her to go to Lisbon, I think, is someone who used to be with her in NIS. Remember that "M" who called Haeri, when he met that Chief, he was telling him how it isn't so bad to be in Psychology Intelligence Dept or something, so I'm guessing he probably was demoted to that position. That last interview video scene of Haeri, the voice of the person interviewing her is that same Chief, imo. She might be doing it more as a favor.

Btw, nice to see you here too :D.

Yo! Good to see you here too! I gotta move on from the previous drama, though I am still having the withdrawal syndrome with that drama (u know which drama, haha!).

Anyway, that's why I was wondering and curious if she is a double agent. I didn't point finger to her yet as the double agent. Too early to tell. Maybe for now she is on the good side, who knows what her character development will be.  Hehe.  :)

But, it's interesting to see they show the process she tried to piece together the conversation from the video and from the black box. 

I was busy today so I'm just now watching episode 2.  I had to stop for a minute because I was laughing so hard when I saw the name on GHR's fake Japanese passport:  Nagasawa Masami.

I've watched a whole lot more JDoramas than I have KDramas, so I knew who she was right away: 

Spoiler

Nagasawa Masami is well-known actress who has been starring in TV shows and movies since 2000, and she's also known for having a bit of a scandal for dating Ninomiya Kazunari for five years (because everybody knows that "Johnny's" are not allowed to date).  

This is nothing important.  I'm just amused that the production team borrowed the name of a real actress for the fake passport.  I just love little details like that.  :P

@katakwasabi , @lightbringer06 and @Ameera Ali  :D

Thanks for sharing the photo of the actor (Yoo Teo) , i was shocked too when comparing him in AC drama (Ragazeu). He is my fave Neanthal too. He is quite suitable in this killing role because of his swift action, same in AC drama. Thanks god, he has more screen time in this drama, unlike in AC, he died in first EP. :crazy:.

1. The Stunning act in EP1 reminded me of Jackie Chan movie.

2. The dynamic storytelling reminded me of the IRIS drama, designed to adapt to social-connected multi-platform world where story can relate widely to the audience.

3. The crush of the airplane reminded me of the MH370 plane crush and went missing. The conspiracy comes with many versions and still under investigation and unknown yet. 

I am not sure how the story heading to, but definitely involving the politics and focuses on the conspiracy theory that revolving the NIS agents and the international spy/agents. My favorite genre of drama. i hope it goes well as we move along. :)

“Vagabond” Pulls No. 1 Ratings For 2nd Episode; “Arthdal Chronicles” And “Mother Of Mine” Gear Up For Their Finales

Sep 22, 2019
by E. Cha
93d4bf691eb549fe9cdff3e86dabd0fb.jpeg?s=

The battle for weekend drama ratings continues to be as fierce as ever!

SBS’s new drama “Vagabond” appears to be off to a stable start: on September 21, the second episode of the action thriller starring Lee Seung Gi and Suzy maintained its position at first place in its time slot. According to Nielsen Korea, the drama’s second broadcast scored average nationwide ratings of 5.8 percent, 8.1 percent, and 10.3 percent for its three parts, performing similarly to the series premiere from the night before.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353974wpp/vagabond-pulls-no-1-ratings-for-2nd-episode-arthdal-chronicles-and-mother-of-mine-gear-up-for-their-finales

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Wow @Sarang21 , you make me spelled my coffee, was he that crazy :joy:

something special for you :mrgreen::joy: 

Yeah he was that kind of crazy :joy:

Thank you for the gif...but he is still making me so confused...I hate his character but also love that he survived past the second episode and that I will get to see him more compared to his previous drama... :persevere::joy: 

Archived