[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

1 hour ago, haartie said:

No, it’s not Seung gi who sings the song. I was a fan of Seunggi the singer since 10 years ago so I recognize his voice quite well. 

Noted! I'm more famliar with his variety side since his 1n2d's days. His song I remember is the noona song that was a huge hit back then :lol:.

Anyways...i'm watching ep 14...Micheal's gf is japanese. And all I can think off is Haeri's Japan passport! I'm still on the 'Haeri is more than she seems' boat. Hahaha

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vagabond: Episode 13

by Regals

Vagabond13-00298.jpg

All the cards are on the table as our heroes finally try to bring the truth of Flight B357 to light. But do they actually have all the facts, or is there someone else working in the shadows to keep all parties in the dark about which forces are really responsible for the tragedy?

EPISODE 13 RECAP

Vagabond13-00051.jpg

In the courthouse, Kim Woo-gi delivers his version of the events that led to the crash of Flight B357. He names John & Mark Vice President Michael as the architect of the plot.

He provides a video recording of his meeting with Michael which undoubtedly proves his claim. The entire gallery of spectators erupts in shock at John & Mark being proven to be behind the attack.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/11/vagabond-episode-13/

I have still my doubts about Edward Park's innocence but now, I am wondering if Samael as the real mastermind of the plane crash is not someone else. We had already imagined that Edward Park's secretary was Michael's girlfriend but what if she was also working for someone else in reality, just like Hong was working for his uncle in reality and Hong SJ, the Prime Minister, was working against the president as well.

Jessica was not the owner of John&Mark, she was just a director... so is Edward Park too. MAybe there is another man working for Dynamic... Samael could be from that company. Then his real purpose was to get the FX-plane from John&Mark.   

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have still my doubts about Edward Park's innocence but now, I am wondering if Samael as the real mastermind of the plane crash is not someone else. We had already imagined that Edward Park's secretary was Michael's girlfriend but what if she was also working for someone else in reality, just like Hong was working for his uncle in reality and Hong SJ, the Prime Minister, was working against the president as well.

Jessica was not the owner of John&Mark, she was just a director... so is Edward Park too. MAybe there is another man working for Dynamic... Samael could be from that company. Then his real purpose was to get the FX-plane from John&Mark.   

I second you on that. I have doubts about Edward Park as well and think that he is in cahoots with the PM. But if that's the case, I wonder why we were shown the scene at the restaurant (ep14) where Edward tried to meet the PM and the PM treated him with indifference. On another note, in an earlier episode, the PM said that he had another partner in an oil project in another country, perhaps that partner is Samael. If that is the case, then your point about Samael engineering the crash could be true. Also, I think after hacking all the spy networks, the 'chicken shop team' discover that this incident could be backed by another foreign country, to have a foothold in South Korea. Michael, the VP of John and Mark, was ex-CIA, if I recall correctly.

So, at the end, both the PM and the President would be out of action; when that happens I wonder who will head the country?

He/she probably had it right since the beginning:

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/09/24/vagabond-ep-1-2-first-impressions/

1. Is Go Haeri a bad guy?

That opening scene had us buzzing. But no, I don’t think Suzy’s character, Go Haeri, is a bad guy.

But Lee Seung Gi’s character, Cha Dalgun, is working for the bad guys. lol.

He joined (“infiltrated” is probably more fitting) a mercenary group. His mission that day was to kill a female target riding in a limo. He didn’t know that his assignment was to assassinate Go Haeri.

To me, there’s a hit job on Haeri because she’s done enough damage to a corrupt individual, group or enterprise that they were willing to pay mercenaries to take her out.

-

We all remember CDG's talk in the teaser trailers:

"You picked the wrong guy, no matter who you are, no matter where you're hidden, I will chase you to the ends of the Earth, and torture you to the backbone."

Something we have yet to hear in the drama, and him getting all geared up for combat.

If that includes Hae-ri Go and Gi Tae-woong (?), so be it lol. Whether he's misguided or is being misguided, CDG is the main character and the real hero of the story.

1 hour ago, hell59 said:

I was traveling abroad so I am confused. Did they just show 1 episode this weekend? Did they just show episode 14? When is this show going to end? No episodes next week? Thank you for your answer!

Yes, there was only one episode this week. Normally, the drama was supposed to end next week but there are rumors saying that it is postponed. So far, on koreandrama.org... it still ends next week.

If Edward did crash his own plane, it is still illogical even if the purpose was to implicate John and Mark. Oh well, i am not the writer...

I though Micky was the girlfriend, but then Haeri has a Japanese passport in ep. 2.  Still i find it implausible that after all she has been through, she's the one who killed Michael?

Another thing is, WHY was she going undercover at the Korean embassy in Morocco in the first place?  And why did Chief Gang ask her to go to Lisbon to investigate Michael's death?  michael is not a Korean citizen.

In ep 14, it appeared that Edward and PM Hong did not know each other, or just met for the first time, unless it was all just a farce.  Edward was taken aback when he saw Cha in that same restaurant.

Maybe Samael is someone else, a foreigner whom we haven't seen?

1 hour ago, cherriesblue said:

I though Micky was the girlfriend, but then Haeri has a Japanese passport in ep. 2.  Still i find it implausible that after all she has been through, she's the one who killed Michael?

Mickey being the gf is nothing but a red herring. That wouldn't be surprising nor shocking to the viewers.

What has she done to have any affect not just on us, but also the characters? Nothing at all. It would be immediately brushed off and short-lived.

It has to be Hae-ri Go for maximum impact lol.

I had this random thought about....what if a new character is introduced at the end of the final episode like Johnny Depp in Magical Beasts :o

*internal scream*

Anyways...here is a random SSR gif since he had so little screentime in recent eps. Hahaha

Embracing his nickname Kakaotalk Dog: Frodo

mOqJVp.gif

I have the lamest spoiler prediction for beginning part of Vagabond. Dal Goon has actually managed to become a stuntman for Hollywood movie and act as a mercenary in it  while Hae Ri happens to be in duty as an NIS uncercover for that movie too. Dal Goon was stunned to see Hae Ri, so they must have a misunderstanding incident somewhere in between later on.  I dont believe the idea that Dal Goon has become a mercenary as it will ruin his righteous character.

52 minutes ago, kepochu said:

I have the lamest spoiler prediction for beginning part of Vagabond. Dal Goon has actually managed to become a stuntman for Hollywood movie and act as a mercenary in it  while Hae Ri happens to be in duty as an NIS uncercover for that movie too. Dal Goon was stunned to see Hae Ri, so they must have a misunderstanding incident somewhere in between later on.  I dont believe the idea that Dal Goon has become a mercenary as it will ruin his righteous character.

One of my early theory was all the characters are actually actors, all that happens is a movie directed by Dalgun as the stuntman film maker. The end scene will be Dalgun shouting cut :lol: .

I always thought NIS should not hire Dalgun, he lacks some agent qualities also he too 'wanted' to be undercover. He's fast and agile and durable, unfortunately his mouth has no barrier. I wanted to zip his mouth when he babbled about the case on front of Edward Park. Lol. So I ended with these theories for Dalgun's ending

1) the plane crash case went cold and no one gets punished, Dalgeon goes crazy and screw the goverment, decides to join a real mercenary

2) everything is a movie and Dalgun is the main actor who does his own stunts. 

Your theory sounds nice. If my understanding is correct, you're theory is Haeri is working undercover as an actress while Dalgun is acting as a mercenary? Right? 

The drama doesn't make much sense anyway, ending it as Dalgun being a Hollywood actor sounds plausible. Hahahaha

Archived