[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

The Vegabond I’m intrigue to watch it to the end but we are on the 10th episode and we are nowhere near how to pin it to Jessica when from the beginning she was the plot master bringing the government with her! Anyway, this one can actually happen but I hate the idea that the NIS men who died in the hole to just die like that easily fight them too. Anyway, I know Dal Gun is a stuntman with many skills but how can he evade all those trained military personnel who dedicated their lives to be skilled. Heri’s career - she’s a field agent too but she’s loose with her skills. We cannot easily mock a career that way.  I like the action pack series and cool conversation but it should match some truth to the people’s background;  Like in Taken Bryan Mills is retired field agent. So it was alright to have such story and rich action pack. 

I’ll finished this since I want Jessica and the government to suffer. Justice must prevail at least on that. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 2:45 PM, katakwasabi said:

If anyone wants a live recap I am up for watching it live. I usually do live-cap. But I'm not sure if anyone here wants it, since it's aired about an hour-ish after the Korean broadcast. So I never did it for Vagabond :lol:.

I support them appearing in a variety show together. And I kinda want them to watch SSR's musical together too. SSR is currently in a musical and preparing for another until the end of 2019. It gives me warm fuzzy feelings when ex-casts are close and support each others work. Ahahahaha

I know right!  I just realised something over the weekend; actually three Vagabond cast have appeared on Seung Gi's Master in the House variety show.

Bae Suzy in Ep 31

Appearance as Phone Call Hint Fairy

Shin Sung Rok in Ep 85 & 86

Special appearance as 1-day apprentice

Shin Seung Hwan in Ep 87 & 88

Appearance in My Master Is A Friend Special

Awww... I am loving this Vagabond close-knit relationship!  And yes, I hope they can also support SSR's musical and perhaps, special appearances at each other's fanmeeting in Seoul :wub:

Here are translated K-netizens' comments (this is the first out of five!) for your reading pleasure ^_^

'Vagabond' Can Lee Seung Gi survive after being abandoned by the country... the best minute 11.71%
Source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003483390

2019102001001493600103931_20191019110214

In the most recent episode, it was revealed that 'Vagabond' was an emergency code name, raising many questions whether it would be able to save Lee Seung Gi who was threatened with death because of a state ban, and the scene recorded the highest viewing rate of 11.71%.

The 9th episode of Vagabond parts 1, 2 and 3 that aired on October 18 was 7.3% (7.0% national), 9.0% (8.6% national) and 10.8% (10.6% national%) according to Nielsen Korea, up to 11.71% in the second round.

Comments:

[+1,344, -137] Really very exciting. It's been a long time since I watched this fun drama.

[+807, -71] I didn't know that it was this crazy ㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋ Very exciting

[+758, -168] Thank you very much for making one of the best plays ever

[+409, -56] This is very exciting ... ㅎㅎ

[+141, -18] Watching this drama live is really very exciting. So thrilling.

[+123, -8] Vagabond is the secret code name ㄹㅇ Kya ㅋ ㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋ

[+86, -5] There are more people watching this through vod and Netflix. Drama cannot be judged solely by audience ratings.

[+79, -9] As a man, this drama is the only drama I watch

[+77, -7] When you start watching, you will feel that time flies because it's too exciting

[+68, -5] This is so exciting !!!

[+66, -9] Those around him are murderers, no one can be trusted

[+57, -5] Vagabond has collected all production costs with only from the export of dramas, SBS bags are already full of money, so don't worry even if watching a drama with an audience of 2% to 3%. Suzy and Lee Seung Gi's dramas were all very successful and got huge sales results.

• Like 2

'Vagabond' Lee Seung Gi - Bae Suzy - Jang Hyuk Jin, stole the eyes of many

Source: https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=408&aid=0000079635

0000079635_004_20191019151016041.jpg?typ

Comments:

[+275, -9] Today is airing !!!!

[+153, -3] Cha Dalgun and Go Haeri, I support you. I'm waiting for the airing.

[+109, -4] I want to see Dalgun soon. Vagabond exciting.

[+85, -1] Good luck

[+30, -3] I am curious about what else is happening this time. Very impatient to see Dalgun and Haeri today. I miss you so much in the drama Suzy.

[+26, -1] Looking forward to the next twist plot

[+25, -3] I'm sad because I have to wait another week after today's episode of Vagabond. Suzy looks very good as Go Haeri, and also beautiful.

[+18, -1] So it's more fun and interesting

[+17, 0] Lately it's been fun to watch Vagabond. I will also watch today at 10. Every time I see Suzy, she's always beautiful

[+16, -1] Suzy is so beautiful ㅎㅎ

[+20, -5] Suzy is very good at acting.

[+16, -1] It feels really good to be able to see Suzy. Vagabond is very exciting, I like it. I was curious, what else would happen this time.

[+15, -1] Vagabond is very exciting. I'll watch when I get home. Every time I see Suzy's acting, it's fine.

• Like 2

'Vagabond' Lee Seung Gi told NIS "I will destroy you"... Declaration of war

Source: https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=109&aid=0004104949

0004104949_003_20191020030446674.jpg?typ

Comments:

[+1,579, -43] Lee Seung-gi and Shin Sung-rok are cool, but I think Lee Ki-young who acts as Kang Joo-cheol is also very cool when playing as a defender of the country. Actor Jung Man Sik also plays well as a villain .. ㅎㅎ Let's have fun with the remaining episodes.

[+1.012, -20] Today is really concentrating fully ㅋㅋ As soon as the drama starts, I've been shocked by scenes that make a heart attack and that only has one advertisement making it filled with tension ㅋㅋㅋ

[+631, -14] I'm really curious about the Dalgun prologue

[+581, -22] Come on Dalgun ㅠㅠㅠ He's very good at acting, makes my heart torn

[+368, -23] So tense when Haeri said Vagabond then Chairman Kang received his call

[+283, -2] Because now it is only divided into 2 parts, it becomes much more tense. Let's continue on like this. The last part when Dalgun appeared on the screen was so cool

[+230, -2] Thank you for the one-time advertisement today. Thank you very much. I'm glad Chairman Kang is alive and well. The last part Cha Dalgun is so strong. Thank you for the chilling aura of Cha Dalgun.

[+225, -1] Today Dalgun really makes goosebumps, he's screwing those damn NIS b**tards

[+196, -3] I'm glad Chairman Kang is still alive and Shin Sung Rok is not a betrayer, It's good to make Vagabond a code name.

[+129, 0] No need to say long words, Vagabond is the best ~~ How can I wait until next week ㅋㅋ

[+121, -2] Like a movie. The best.

• Like 2

"Tell the people"... 'Vagabond' Bae Suzy's declaration of war

Source: https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003483548

2019102101001519300105871_20191020093921

Comments:

[+526, -197] Go Haeri's role is perfect for Suzy, she does it well

[+354, -67] It has been a long time since I watched a tense Korean drama.

[+308, -75] Go Haeri is very good. I support you Suzy!

[+114, -38] Suzy acts really well to match her character,

[+83, -14] Go Haeri has grown, from an NIS agent working only to get a salary to an NIS agent involved in cases involving the death of many lives and trying to catch bad people without thinking of running away even though the Blue House was involved. Suzy did well, her acting was good even when doing action, speaking foreign languages and emotional acting

[+107, -40] Suzy is attractive as Go Haeri in Vagabond. I'm falling in love again with Suzy.

[+77, -14] Lee Seung-gi and Suzy are acting very well ~ I look forward to the screening next Friday too, cheer up ~ ^^ ♡

[+89, -31] I was very impressed with Suzy's acting. Suzy's character is always good, so she acts well.

• Like 3

'Vagabond' Bae Suzy... till the end, guards her conscience and honour as a NIS agent

Source: https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=117&aid=0003289221

Literally sailing on a ship ㅋㅋㅋ

Comments:
[+350, -47] Go Haeri is very cool and funny ㅋㅋㅋ Vagabond is really very exciting ㅜㅜ
[+289, -15] This is not a drama scale, but a film ㄷㄷ
[+156, -8] Why is that fun ㅠ ㅠㅠㅠ
[+205, -63] I really like Go Haeri ^^ Suzy is very good at acting and Vagabond is very exciting ♡
[+66, -8] The opening of Go Haeri is very cool, especially when she memorizes the phone number ㄹㅇ When she cries, very emotional ㅠㅠㅠ
[+58, -12] Very fun! Suzy is suitable as Go Haeri !!!
[+54, -14] Suzy is so beautiful and also good at acting. Best.
[+43, -7] Suzy, you did very well. You're so cool when you grow from being an agent because you need a job to be a real NIS agent. Go Haeri is exciting. Vagabond, let's maintain such quality until the end. Good luck!
[+40, -8] Suzy is beautiful, but her acting has also improved a lot. Why is the Arabic pronunciation so good? I want to see Suzy talk more in a foreign language.
[+35, -4] Suzy is perfect for Go Haeri
[+20, 0] Very exciting. This is the first time for me to watch a drama again after Iris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cherriesblue said:

in ep 10, Gi said he received orders to kill Haeri.  But I remember Ahn called Gi and said thay Cha and Kim are to be killed.  In fact he called because he wanted the NIS people to be safe, which means including Haeri, right?

Uuuu..i need to rewatch some scenes to verify this. Brb with an analysis hehe

How is that we're on episode 10 now but havent gotten that time jump we were expecting since Ep1, seems weird to be this way unless they end the drama out with that scene with him suddenly pulling the trigger on Go Hae Ri lol

4 hours ago, cherriesblue said:

in ep 10, Gi said he received orders to kill Haeri.  But I remember Ahn called Gi and said thay Cha and Kim are to be killed.  In fact he called because he wanted the NIS people to be safe, which means including Haeri, right?

In Ep 9 when Min briefed the Back-Up Team, Leader Hwang asked:  "How should I deal with GI & the other agents?"  (Min said: "Get rid of them if they get in the way")

Pr

When NIS Director Tae called Gi - to tell him about the order is to kill the co-pilot & DG,   Gi asked: "Who gave this pathetic order? I know it is not from you"

Tae said: "Think wisely. Do as I say or you, GoHaeri & others will get killed"  (So it is very clear.  The order is for KTW & DG.  But also for any NIS Agent who resist this Order.   (Go Haeri joined DG against the NIS assassins.  So the order to kill includes her)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cherriesblue said:

-Theory time-

I rewatched and...I think Ahn called to make sure KTW was on his side and actually help to kill Dalgun and KWG. If he didn't called and gave KTW a direct order, KTW would have interfered and put a fight with the NIS assassins.

91YvLx.gif

Also...KTW told Haeri to bring KWG back home alive. KWG is a huge suspect and he needs to be alive to stand trial. He said he got an order to kill, (note I don't know Korean) but could it be he actually said 'i was ordered to kill 'them' aka Dalgun& KWG' or....he meant he was ordered to kill 'you guys': KWG and Dalgun while Haeri is considered collateral damage? Either way works imo.

vlL6Dr.gif

Also...Ahn is in cahoots with Min. Imo he has no interest in protecting his own team, he's just saving himself.

OM6pLN.gif

Spoiler

Cahoots!

p8LWB6.gif

All in all...I don't think there's a hidden agenda/meaning behind KTW's words. And Director Ahn is so easy to manipulate and controled by Yoon and Min. Ahahaha

-end of theory-

:lol:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Haha it was so obvious Chief Gang was faking his own death, I had to laugh.

Lol. I'm just glad I got to see chicken ahjumma again when Kang revealed that he is still alive. I wonder who took him out from the morgue freezer? Does the secret Vagabond team have doctors too? Hahaha. This reminds me of The Last Empress secret team :joy:.

• Like 3

Wow! So, there are so many mixed opinions on this forum, and I may be in the minority, but I love this drama! While there are a few plot holes, I think the drama has been quite realistic in other parts. 

First, CDG. The main reason that the NIS and even the mercenaries hired to kill CDG have failed is because he is a loose cannon. They all have military and special ops training, which is effective but it is also predictable. They are approaching him from the perspective of their years in the field and their training. CDG is a civilian who just so happens to be a very skilled stuntman. He doesn't move by the book. He doesn't wait to see what the enemy is going to do. He doesn't have any connections outside of his friendship with GHR, who is looked at as a B-List agent and she is a woman so there is that factor as well. Most of these agents are gleaning from their training, but their training did not prepare them for someone like CDG. The fact that he crept up on the truth and the cover up was totally unexpected. Look at how many agents are totally ignorant to the corruption going on within the NIS and he was able to put two and two together and figure it out right away. He was able to get the public's attention, the president's attention and even some of the victim's families. Then, little by little, the lie began to crumble.

GTW represents one of the best of this fraternity. He has played it by the book his entire career, which is why he has moved up the ranks and gotten where he is today. However, he is also really smart, too smart to believe that all of these things that have happened are coincidence or the work of a co-pilot and a civilian. He had a couple of slow moments because his training wants him to be loyal to the NIS and to his country because that is what he has always been taught. However, all of his superiors are disappointing him because they are all scum [with the exception of Chief Gang] and they expect him to be "in on it" with them. He has been under Gang long enough to move smarter which he is now doing. I got the impression that Chief Gang has suspected something fishy within the NIS long before the plane crash. 

I have a theory about Vagabond. Chief Gang could have used this when he was sitting in jail, but he waited right up until the moment that everyone would think that he was dead. Gang is a great observer. He knew that Oh Sang Mi had made a deal with someone high up. He knew that Jessica was going to get released. He knew that CDG wasn't completely crazy. And, he knew that Min Jae Sik wasn't going to be able to pull the trigger and kill him. He knew that he would find another way. He also knew that Jessica was working with someone up high, which we later found out Shadow is the special secretary. So who is backing Vagabond? The one thing that kept  bothering me each episode was how conveniently out-of-the-loop the president appeared. All of this turmoil and treachery was going on right under his nose and he seemed to be so oblivious to it. But, the scene where Gang tries to get a message to the president about the botched mission and his assistant is about to give it to him but she gets cut off by the special secretary. I knew then that more was going on there. I think the president may know exactly what is going on but pretending with all of the snakes around him. I think that is why he did an about face and confided in the prime minister that he wanted the J&M deal to go through because it was a good deal and seemed to be the best for the country, yet he had not other motives about it. What if he is behind Vagabond???

• Like 7