[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

Just finished watching in Netflix, my gosh it’s getting complicated and I love it! How come that the best NIS can’t defeat DG? Is he captain America or Superman? Hehehe. Even the back up are sissy, they can’t win over him! Is he for real? 
As usual it’s DG and HR who realize that something is wrong, now that team leader Gi got his balls cut because it’s the nation’s order even killing the witness, man he is so indecisive and don’t have balls to stand up for what is right! I thought he has nothing to lose? 
The prime minister and the secretary is on tension, I don’t know which side is the prime minister. 
I wanted to see tomorrow how will Edward will clean up the mess now that Jessica throw the bomb and get the wife to have a false testimony. The preview is of course making us excited! I hope that Mr. Gi is just bluffing when he is pointing the gun to HR! So edward will get arrested, let’s see how everything will turn out, it’s pass the half of the story now, and revelation still on going, but this time I want to see what will edward will pull this time, because I can still feel that he is also on the dark side..... by the way Lily and the other killer guy is making a spark, I will definitely ship those two! Hehehe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Lj said:

Just finished watching in Netflix, my gosh it’s getting complicated and I love it! How come that the best NIS can’t defeat DG? Is he captain America or Superman? Hehehe. Even the back up are sissy, they can’t win over him! Is he for real? 
As usual it’s DG and HR who realize that something is wrong, now that team leader Gi got his balls cut because it’s the nation’s order even killing the witness, man he is so indecisive and don’t have balls to stand up for what is right! I thought he has nothing to lose? 
The prime minister and the secretary is on tension, I don’t know which side is the prime minister. 
I wanted to see tomorrow how will Edward will clean up the mess now that Jessica throw the bomb and get the wife to have a false testimony. The preview is of course making us excited! I hope that Mr. Gi is just bluffing when he is pointing the gun to HR! So edward will get arrested, let’s see how everything will turn out, it’s pass the half of the story now, and revelation still on going, but this time I want to see what will edward will pull this time, because I can still feel that he is also on the dark side..... by the way Lily and the other killer guy is making a spark, I will definitely ship those two! Hehehe

Thanks for the Live Recap Katakwasabi !  Arigato

I just finished watching Ep 9 with Eng Subs too.  Yeah Lj. I agree with you. So exciting.  By this ep, it is clear that Gang is a good guy.  So is GoHari's gf at NIS.   So "VAGABOND" is Kang's special & private secret  CODENAME - a SOS Cry for Help to his private team in the Fried Chicken Shop

As usual DG is invincible.  Even the Back-Up Team which are actually NIS Assasins are not his match.  Otherwise we will have No Drama to watch

Snr Secretary Yoon is Evil & do things behind the President's back. The PM is a Double-Headed.  But I think GI will spring some surprises.  Looking forward to Ep 10

1 hour ago, an-naum said:

This drama defy logic. 

But because the cast make it work, I'll keep watching it. 

Well, KTW's thinking is really weird. He cares for GHR, yet he doesn't want to help her in the end: following the order is more important than helping a friend/colleague. The character is not well written.

24 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, KTW's thinking is really weird. He cares for GHR, yet he doesn't want to help her in the end: following the order is more important than helping a friend/colleague. The character is not well written.

*note: i haven't watched the ep with subs*

He does not think of her as a friend or colleague yet. That's my point of view. He upholds his orders. And due to his orders, she is now his target. His work is him and his core is his orders. Basicly...he is NIS robot or puppet. 

This drama started to loose me at ep 6. I'm barely hanging to it's edges. Dalgun is invisible. He is a stuntman not a super secret assasin killing machine trained by North Korea, that's the point that looses me most: Dalgun always winning against basicly everyone considering his background. I can't glance over it any longer. I dislike the show for making NIS and the backup NIS team and their leaders as traitors and dumbdumbs. Make them competent and on par to Dalgun's invisibility. Unfortunately Haeri still rubs me the wrong way. I still see Dalgun using her, his praises never feel genuine.

In general...I don't see any of the main characters or even suppporting ones written well. In this ep, I even find Dalgun's dream less touching than his previous dreams. I feel that the drama is loosing it's essence despite pushing forward to make things exciting.

After ep 9 and the preview of ep 10, I want KTW to shoot Dalgun and show that Dalgun is not invincible once and for all.....but I know that's not going to happen. Which is...sigh.

Anyways...I also feel the pacing of the drama is off. It is ep 9 and we are still in 2012 and nowhere near to resolving this plane crash. What about sniper Dalgun and scarf Haeri in ep 1? Is that also the ending for the series? A mark for a 2nd season?!!!! Yikes.

@katakwasabi I have to disagree with you. In my opinion, KTW views GHR as colleague because if not, he wouldn't have offered his egg. He lied about his allergy. Secondly, he ensured that GHR would mourn and gave her some space. He knew that GHR didn't want to show how the death of her colleagues had affected her. 

26 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@katakwasabi I have to disagree with you. In my opinion, KTW views GHR as colleague because if not, he wouldn't have offered his egg. He lied about his allergy. Secondly, he ensured that GHR would mourn and gave her some space. He knew that GHR didn't want to show how the death of her colleagues had affected her. 

You're right. And I agree too. Thinking about it he does treat her as a colleague. I just hope they stop it at that and don't make him go out of character and go googly eyes when he sees her. With regards to him not helping them as of ep 9, imo because it is work and he is ultimately under orders. And their connection isn't as solid as let's say KTW and Hamster or KTW and Kang. I'm very certain he will help Haeri and Dalgun in ep 10. I'm sure of it. Haha

Anyways..I want more chicken place ahjumma! Bring her on the team. Kekeke

q7L9Ey.gif

r8V6GL.gif

wV7lNX.gif

Yay more Ki Tae Woong! He is pretty. Hahaha. 

201910191401202410_4_20191019140627508.j

9 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

So now it is Gi's turn to have those tiny tiny plasters on his face/neck hahaha

Lol! What's up with the tiny plasters. Do they have limited plaster supply and need to cut plasters into tiny pieces :lol:

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

If it’s for me I would hide the target guy first :sweat_smile::joy:Then join party :mrgreen: , it take them to save him nearly all oppa blood & miracle operation to save him :sweatingbullets:

Lololol!

I worry for the future of NIS. Even their best is no match for Dalgun. Hahahaha

L7WRKw.gif

OM6RNp.gif

Live cap ep 10. I can only do this for a while today.

Spoiler

Most important information:

Ki Tae Woong helps Dalgun and Haeri!!!!!

Stuff happened

Part 2 starts

KTW is arrested at incheon.

Specky secretary aims his gun at KTW. Talk2. Specky shoots and KTW didn't even flinch.

Stuff happened.

Jump to Haeri, Dalgun and KWG on a ship. Haeri is crying. KWG is tied on a bed. Lol.

End of this jumpy live cap. Hahaha

@cadymcbronzie I absolutely loved what you said about people respecting the cast and being supportive of all their hard work. Excellent post!! Absolutely spot on what you said about Sulli. That’s the first thing I think of when I read complaints about Suzy’s acting and people saying she’s hopeless etc etc. I remember that after I finished watching my beloved Hwayugi it upset me when I read that Oh Yeon Seo would cry herself to sleep after reading malicious comments about her performance. These are human beings not just actresses and I wish people would chill and remember that sometimes these actresses work within confines of a script that doesn’t give them much opportunity to be brilliant etc. 

‘I am enjoying Vagabond  for all its craziness and yes it is unbelievable and I do roll my eyes but I also remember that it’s fiction and NOT a documentary so I wish people would stop treating it as such. 

Lastly I have seen some comments that Dalgeon should learn to control his anger etc, Lee Seung Gi has made it very clear in all of his interviews that his character is “simple” and “impulsive” and “acts without thinking” and has a “short temper”. Effectively, LSG is portraying him exactly how DG is written. I am interested to see if he will have some character growth in the future and I’m happy to continue watching the show to find out. 
‘One thing is for sure I love all the actors in the show and I love hearing positive stories of their camaraderie during filming. For that fact alone I hope the show will receive some positivity despite its flaws which I am willing to overlook. Fingers crossed. 

Vagabond Episode 10 Preview with Dialogue

Jessica : Do you think it is possible to bring back the co-pilot?

VO         : This time I'll give you an important job

Judo guy: Now the NIS is lying to our citizens

HR        :  The person who order to kill us is......

KTW     :  The only person in Korea who can control the NIS

DG        :  Why don't you just stop now ?

HR        :  I'm going to tell the citizens that they cannot do bad things anymore

EP        :   It will be a difficult & lonely fight

DG        :   I'm going to put the co-pilot in court myself

Jessica:  Anyway, you are destroyed

Guy       :  Shoot

DG        :  Get on the ground

HR        :  Why are you doing this to us ?

KTW     :  I got the Order to Kill

Archived