[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

Ok so there's a pseudosurgery done bi Gi with instructions over video.  I wonder if he has had any medical training before?  His father is a hospital administrator or something, right?  I joke that Kim should have beeen the one to do the surgery (and not the one who was shot) since he could operate as Dr Song.

Cha wanted to donate his blood to Kim.  I guess they'll be receiving blood transfusion instructions via video again?  I really hope Kim stays alive to get more info from him.  And o don't want Lily to succeed in killling him.

As for Michael allegedly in charge of the crash,  it could be possible, since he talked to Jerome and Kim about planning the plane crash, but the mastermind is still Jessica,  eith Michael being the VJ&M VP and still under her.  And then later on he had a change of heart about what he did and warned Incheon airport regarding the crash.

As for Chief Ahn, yes he disclosed the new TF office.  But i feel that in the end, he would tell the truth, including him being blackmailed by secretary Yoon, and his past anomalies as former chief of security and accepting bribes from Dynamic System.

I also hope that we get more info about Jerome and Hosik, what they talked with or threatened them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha u are right

I swear if I worked on the editing department for this show, I would cut that high-five jail scene out and delete the clip, then empty the recycle bin as well so it would never see the light of day.

19 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Of all the unbelievable unreal things happened in E8, what in god names is going on in writernim’s mind to have Ki do an artery repair via facetime with an exacto knife!!!  I laughed so hard... 

Hahaha! I laughed through out. It was just hilarious and so OTT. So to be a real special agent one needs to know how to do surgery?:lol:

vlLDDV.gif

Brownie points for Ki Tae Woong for this exciting fireball! (Sorry to the environment)

1W3QVj.gif

And I want these two to meet up! Rock Lily!!!

5QK31R.gif

@lollyminx the high 5 scene ruined the ost to me. I associate the ost to Hoon-Dalgun memories but now it is a super cheesy high 5 scene. Gahhhh

36 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

But did you skip the part where they were trying to high five in the jail cell? Because that was gory too :lol:

25 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha u are right

I didn't skip the High 5 part. It may not add strength to the Plot,  but it serves as a comic relief:relaxed:

0:04 / 0:34

Above is the Preview for Vagabond Ep 9 with dialogue

Kang:  We found the co-pilot in Morocco but someone wants to kill him

Kang: Do you think we can report this to the President?

Secretary Yun:  We have a hidden card, did you forget?

Pilot's Wife:  You guys did this! You did this !

VO:  Kim Woo-gil,  Cha Dal Gun - Kill them

VO:  Whose order?

VO:  Who gives this kind of stupid order?

VO:  The order is from the Country

52 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@katakwasabi Yeah, it’s beyond ridiculous at this point.  Seeing Dalgoon spiderman his way up the building, I thought what DC or Marvel universe am I witnessing!?

Lolol. I'm just letting this show go bonkers now....the logic is beyone saving :lol:. After ep 8, I conclude that my level of excitement correlates with Ki Tae Woong's characterization. He was disrespectful in ep 7 and I found that ep a bore. But he redeemed himself in ep 8 and I enjoyed the over the top action. Hahaha!

Anyways...I think Dalgun needs to control his anger. He is always angry and shouting. He has no respect to rules and regulations. It's getting tiring seeing him always being on edge.

I sense that for KTW, this mission will become the trigger for him to question his belief that a NSI agent has always to follow his orders. Remember that he criticized GHR because she disobeyed him. He said that he wanted to test her if he could trust her. For him, trust means that the agent has been faithfully following orders, it also means to never question the superiors.

KTW never wondered why they had to investigate a certain office at the NSI agency.... and see the video was infected by a virus. KTW is the one who receives the order to get rid of CDG and the witness KWJ but he won't do it. That's why Min is forced to send an intervention FT to Morocco.

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I sense that for KTW, this mission will become the trigger for him to question his belief that a NSI agent has always to follow his orders. Remember that he criticized GHR because she disobeyed him. He said that he wanted to test her if he could trust her. For him, trust means that the agent has been faithfully following orders, it also means to never question the superiors.

KTW never wondered why they had to investigate a certain office at the NSI agency.... and see the video was infected by a virus. KTW is the one who receives the order to get rid of CDG and the witness KWJ but he won't do it. That's why Min is forced to send an intervention FT to Morocco.

I missed the part where he said he wanted to test her if he could trust her. In which ep did it happen? Huhu

KTW has shown that he was against NIS covering up the plane crash. He had an elaborate plan to allow Haeri to get the pendrive and he also had a recording of his conversation with Haeri and sent it to a politician(?) to spread it out. So in some sense, he was disobeying his superior's instructions to cover up the case. But at the same time I do think he wired himself to go by the book and right procedures after he lost his partner due to a small rule violation. (His loss in ep 8 is worse. He lost his whole team. May he be able to recover when reality sinks in later. Poor team lead Ki)

72423377_2522169164507202_58754919607304

I don't think his belief in trust is for agents to faithfully follow orders and never question superiors....since he questions his superiors too and he orchastrated the whole audio recording library scene.

From the way I see it, he doesn't trust Hae Ri at all but he also never gave a chance for her to fit in. He disagreed with the idea of babysitting a flamboyant rookie agent who is a bad drunk and in general hard to control. And it reflects on how he treats her. The problem is...Hae Ri has shown she is untrustworthy agent so far. She is a blabbermouth and reveals secrets to a civilian. I kinda understand KTW's apprehension to both Hae Ri and Dal Gun. They are too enthusiastic in situations that are gravely dangerous and both (mostly Haeri) are breaking rules. 

KTW is already doubting NIS, he even wanted to quit. This Morocco case might break his loyalty to NIS. On the other hand....I secretly want KTW to go dark and be an agent with a painkiller addiction instead hahaha.

@katakwasabi The conversation about trust with GHR was in the episode 8.

Maybe I didn't express myself very well. KTW might argue with his superiors but in the end, he will follow the orders. So "stick to the rules" is his motto. Sending the recorded conversation to an assemblyman from the opposition indicates that he still believes in the actual system, hence he needs to get the support from the opposition. He somehow believes that his superior was forced by the government but there is more to it. He hasn't realized the deepness of corruption in the NSI and the government. 

In reality, I am even suspecting that this plane crash could have been orchestrated in order to get rid of the toxic elements at the NSI and the government. Let us not forget that we have two incidents involving the NSI that showed how hypocritical and ruthless the superiors at the NSI and the governement were:

• the loss of KTW's friend: the operation command violated a small rule.
  • the case with the defectors from North Korea. These were promised something from the SK governement, yet in the end they were abandoned.   

This makes me wonder if in reality the true cause of his friend's death has been covered up. The command took the blame for it. As for the defectors, Kang was the one who got blamed. He is seen by the rogue soldiers as a traitor. But what if in reality, they had planned all along to trick the defectors in order to turn them into soldiers who would do the dirty work without being officials. Notice the pattern: the MO is always to present a scapegoat. Now, KJW and his wife will be the ones blamed for the plane crash (to get money through life insurance).

@bebebisous33 is it the conversation at the prison?

71VODA.gif

At first I thought he was doubting her abilities in ep 7...but when he said this in ep 8, I think he never questioned her abilities but had issues with her attitude. And thinking about it...you're right...KTW does follow orders well, he disputes but he still does it. Maybe that's his beef with Haeri, she keeps breaking rules. Luckily for Haeri, her rule breaking worked in her favour and no one got killed or gravely injured.

17 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

In reality, I am even suspecting that this plane crash could have been orchestrated in order to get rid of the toxic elements at the NSI and the government. 

Uuu...so you suspect that the plane crash is orchestrated for the better good? Killing a group of people to right a corrupted system and save lives of many others in the future. Very interesting and I like it, it's a very skewed way of thinking what is right and what is wrong ala Robin Hood haha. Who do you think is the evil/good mastermind? 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

In reality, I am even suspecting that this plane crash could have been orchestrated in order to get rid of the toxic elements at the NSI and the government. 

This reminds me of Designated Survivor 60 days, which they said they bombed the building for some greater good ??

On 10/13/2019 at 11:23 AM, katakwasabi said:

@bebebisous33 is it the conversation at the prison?

At first I thought he was doubting her abilities in ep 7...but when he said this in ep 8, I think he never questioned her abilities but had issues with her attitude. And thinking about it...you're right...KTW does follow orders well, he disputes but he still does it. Maybe that's his beef with Haeri, she keeps breaking rules. Luckily for Haeri, her rule breaking worked in her favour and no one got killed or gravely injured.

Uuu...so you suspect that the plane crash is orchestrated for the better good? Killing a group of people to right a corrupted system and save lives of many others in the future. Very interesting and I like it, it's a very skewed way of thinking what is right and what is wrong ala Robin Hood haha. Who do you think is the evil/good mastermind? 

Yes, that was this scene.  For KJW, reliability is important because it requires trust too. KJW has to trust GHR in order to rely on her. But his problem is that he didn't actually trust her ability, although he said the opposite. The proof is that he told her that she couldn't force the NSI director to change the order (episode 5).  And even if she succeeded once, in his eyes, this didn't prove her abilities. He just saw it as a one time thing. Maybe his behavior is linked to the friend's death, deep down he fears that she might die as he doesn't want to lose someone close to his heart.

As for my theory (for the greater good, sacrifice is necessary), I came to this idea because I observed that more and more people at the NSI are forced to take sides indicating that their loyalty is no longer bound to their country but to their superior. Even Shadow is forced to intervene more and more which means that at some point, he will stand in the light, he won't be a shadow any longer. So far, his identity has not been confirmed and the good guys don't even know about his existence: the Shadow, the puppet master.

Strangely, I can not help myself thinking about the downfall of the Roman republic. Back then, corruption had infiltrated so much the government so that the latter neglected its commoners/normal citizens. These were suffering from poverty and unemployment due to the expansion of Roman Empire: increase of slaves, importation of cheap cereals from the new provinces aso. At some point, Marius introduced a reform of the army in order to improve the life of many impoverished peasants. The Civilian army was turned into a professional army which changed the nature of the relationship between the consul (military commander) and his soldiers. From now on, the soldiers didn't fight for Roman republic but for their consul... Their salary and reward were linked to their consul, at the end the consuls started fighting against each other. And here I can see some parallels between the Roman army and the NSI. NSI is divided, the agents are forced to choose a side, they don't care if their actions are right or wrong. At the same time, their actions are legitimated "for the sake of the country" while in reality, it is for the benefit of certain people, in this case the president and his Chief secretary Yun.   

3 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

How Netflix killed logic in the drama :lol::mrgreen:

You're so right! :lol: Also, I was rolling my eyes when the commies from North Korea and Jessica's team were using high powered guns to fire at them while they were inside a non-bulletproof car and the important characters didn't die, AND they were also able to kill the enemies just with hand gun?! 

Watching ep 8...  how are the  NIS agents  even alive with all the attacks!!!!! Mr Gu would be dead already in the car... haiz...

Somehow the bullets never went though the doors of their car.... logic logic... 

And cha Dal on knows the way to the Korean Embassy in Morrocco.... haiz...

Archived