[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

I skimmed through ep 7. Will watch it in full later.

Initial comments...

Wow. KTW shot a huge hole on my rock candy ship in this ep :sweatingbullets:.

He wanted experienced agents for the task but got stuck with rookie Haeri..who is overzealous and prime target to be killed. In return, he doesn't let the rookie do important stuff, apparently it seems to be his style of coaching. Satoori guy said even he had to do menial work for months, but it was a great opportunity to dig more info from others (what a positive thinker this guy is. kudos to satoori guy! Lol). I'm glad Hae Ri tried to defend herself and she has satoori guy aka hamster as a friend. She was smarter this ep than in ep 6 but she still is breaking rules left and right.

Anyways KTW was harsh, Hae Ri did make a good point about bottle guy but he brushed it off (though I noticed the suspicious bottle guy that was in the grocery store way before she brought it up lol). Which...somehow worked in everyones favor, since because she was brushed off, Haeri contacted Dalgun and told him the NIS drone plan. But unluckily for them, NIS are quite smart they changed the plan and caught Dalgun on cam. So NIS and Dalgun practically worked together to find Kim Do Chi. Haha!

Dalgun and Haeri working together was great. They do make a good team and Dalgun has complete trust in her....also probably because she's the only person he's in contact with and willing to listen to him. 

And Dalgun-Hoon scene! Omg. That was sad even when I skimmed through the ep.

I need ep 8! This ep did not have the big explosion! Kekeke

With regards to Haeri...why is she still considered a rookie? She's been in NIS for 6 years, wouldn't she be on par as the others...her team does not look that much older than her. Haeri is 30-32 yo right? Around the same age with Dalgun.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished the latest episode! Love the development of DG and HR. The pep talk between them is just perfect for me, how DG believe in HR and don’t be disheartened even her senior don’t treat her like a bus boy running errands for them. I know that she is impulsive and the character that her superiors describe her, but they don’t have the right to put her moral down. She is still learning in her field and for an agent like her that experience what happened in Morocco they should at least listen to her. I don’t know but I feel that this man has a big ego that they don’t want to accept her ideas! and look how they lead it to the pilot! 
anyway looking forward for tomorrow’s episode, and I feel it will have more action scene than this episode. 

Some random thoughts:

- Honestly I wouldn't watch an action only drama, I like to have a little bit of everything in my dramas- romance, action, melodrama and humour so I am actually enjoying Suzy and Seung gi moments. In fact I look forward to them. I don't find them odd or forced either rather quite organic. I don't think there is a specific pattern that love should follow, it can begin with a drunken kiss too- why not? I am just sooo happy to see both of these together sharing some tender moments and revealing their vulnerabilities to each other!

- Now as for why Hae ri is so untrained even after so long in NIS- i find this aspect of vagabond a breath of fresh air. I mean the fact that EVERYONE in NIS are highly skilled, super intelligent and almost super humans is just unbelievable; like any other organisation NIS too will have some agents who take a little long to get used to the job and it's antics. There is nothing wrong or odd in that- if anything her lack of skills makes intelligence agencies like NIS slightly more authentic.

- So till now I am thoroughly enjoying myself. The only way I see this drama disappointing me is by making this conspiracy very far fetched and complicated for us as viewers to follow. The fact that even after 7 episodes we are still trying to separate the bad guys from the good guys in worrying- they should try to sketch out other characters in more detail.

35 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

If we end with one person believe in her brainwork at the end of drama I will be satisfied :joy:

Hahaha! She has 9 more episodes to show more brainwork and be believed by someone other than Dalgun. She showed hope for more brainpower in ep 7.

Also.....Haeri has good hair but if she can tie it up and look more professional, maybe that's a good start. Kekekeke. 

Wooooo!!! Ep 8 preview. Explosions and guns!!!

Never see evil people like these two :rage:

can’t wait when they start stabbing each other in the back :smirk:

Spoiler

5da0d7e61d066407483124.gif?download

5da0d46320ecf283377782.gif?download

5da0d4436bbd4673205203.gif?download

Hopefully this man will play part in destroying their plan  to pin it on other :crazy: - if he have some sense 

5da0d433b593b850032084.gif?download

@katakwasabi we could send her to army, they will deal with the hair :mrgreen:

Don't you find it weird that the moment CDG saw the deceased journalist JBY, he met Edward Park a few minutes later?

In my opinion, Edward Park is linked to the reporter, he faked his death. Notice that once CDG  talked about the journalist to EP, he never mentioned it to GHR. 

In this episode, Jessica described Edward Park as a very bad person and from my point of view, EP is indeed more an evil than he seems to be.  

Director Min is not Shadow but it seems that he might work for him.

Finally, this episode clearly indicates that GHR and CDG are an item, no more second lead syndrom... the writer made him look like a jerk. Sure, one might object that he wants to protect her but the way he talked to her or even ignored her showed disrespect. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Don't you find it weird that the moment CDG saw the deceased journalist JBY, he met Edward Park a few minutes later?

In my opinion, Edward Park is linked to the reporter, he faked his death. Notice that once CDG  talked about the journalist to EP, he never mentioned it to GHR. 

In this episode, Jessica described Edward Park as a very bad person and from my point of view, EP is indeed more an evil than he seems to be.  

Director Min is not Shadow but it seems that he might work for him.

I think Kang is shadow. I don't trust him.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Finally, this episode clearly indicates that GHR and CDG are an item, no more second lead syndrom... the writer made him look like a jerk. Sure, one might object that he wants to protect her but the way he talked to her or even ignored her showed disrespect. 

I agree. He showed so little respect to a point I regreted asking for more screentime. I want more screentime for KTW, not more time for him to be disrespectful. I really want to like him, since I like SSR (it's a package lol!!). But it's hard to like the character after the level of mistrust he shown to colleagues of lesser experience. To me it didn't look like he cared for her safety all that much, he was annoyed getting a basicly rogue and rookie agent under his wings and it translates to how he treats the person that might possibly jeorpadize his mission. Seriously Haeri had a point with the bottle guy. A good point at that. Tsk3

Which makes me go: why writernim why?! His character description was cool and righteous whatevs. Sob3.

Also me: Writernims like to make it difficult for me to like SSR's drama characters, his recent characters have issues from psycho with a shotgun, to cray2 flipflop emperor, I adore fashion designer Yido though, he's the best..I'm gonna watch Perfume clips to cleanse KTW's image haha! 

I'm sad. I'm burnt out after disliking Harip (Jung Kyung Ho) in When the Devil Calls Your Name and was hoping I can like KTW and root for him to defeat all corruption. But nope. He's bad too. Not Harip level bad yet, but still....writernim made KTW unlikable in an instant and even I can't deny that. I just want to like his character, the pairings is of less importance to me, this was always a Haeri Dalgun drama......just make KTW likable. Gahhhhhh *huge sigh*

And the preview for ep 8 is not making it any better, he wrecked some equipment....not cool. *more sighs*

Wait so Min is not Shadow? We don't know who Shadow is yet? This is making me fear it's Ki, which I'm against lol cause he may be the only character I'm fully rooting for in this series. :wacko:

There are too many cringey scenes in this episode, it's :mellow:. I mean like the romance scenes and then the poor decision-making that's so unlike people working for an intelligence agency (I'm looking at Go Hae Ri). Of course the writer will make it so the poor decisions Hae Ri and Dal Geon make will benefit them and reveal where the co-pilot is, but I mean in reality, this is totally irresponsible. However, I also feel for Hae Ri being made an errand girl and treated poorly by men who think she's a nuisance. UGH. While I think that Ki's treatment of Hae Ri is his way of protecting her (Ki doesn't want her to be in danger), I don't like that he doesn't see her as his equal and worthy of being a true agent. This episode shows the difference in how Dal Geon and Ki sees Hae Ri. Dal Geon respects Hae Ri and knows she can do so much better, that she is a good agent, etc. I hope the writer wrote Ki better lol

Suzy Talks About Growing As An Actress While Filming “Vagabond”

Oct 12, 2019
by L. Kim

bcf19683afc246fab9324ebb699017bb.jpeg?s=

“Vagabond” has gifted a special experience to Suzy.

“Vagabond” tells the story of a stuntman named Cha Dal Gun (Lee Seung Gi) who stumbles upon a massive corruption scandal while trying to uncover the truth behind a mysterious plane crash. He teams up with a National Intelligence Service (NIS) secret agent named Go Hae Ri (Suzy) to investigate the case.

Suzy described, “I approached my character by sharing a lot of opinions with the director and the writers. I decided to make Go Hae Ri someone with little passion for work who does no more than her given duties.” Then she added, “I wanted to show her inner turmoil as someone who doesn’t want to get caught up in the case as much as possible but gradually begins to focus on the case and the people around her as she goes through various processes. To make her choices seem more realistic, I didn’t give her a sense of justice at first, and gradually, I wanted the audience to share her feelings of the decisions she made over time.”

suzy-2.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1358471wpp/suzy-talks-about-growing-as-an-actress-while-filming-vagabond

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Sorry but I had to laugh when i saw Gi using crutches, I mean, Dal-geon got away from so many accidents with just tiny plasters on his face and poor Gi had to use crutches after the first accident he got into lol..

Yeah. Dalgun bones are reinforced with steel. I'm afraid he might have accumulated internal injuries and drop dead all of a sudden. Hua3

4 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Wait so Min is not Shadow? We don't know who Shadow is yet? This is making me fear it's Ki, which I'm against lol cause he may be the only character I'm fully rooting for in this series. :wacko:

There are too many cringey scenes in this episode, it's :mellow:. I mean like the romance scenes and then the poor decision-making that's so unlike people working for an intelligence agency (I'm looking at Go Hae Ri). Of course the writer will make it so the poor decisions Hae Ri and Dal Geon make will benefit them and reveal where the co-pilot is, but I mean in reality, this is totally irresponsible. However, I also feel for Hae Ri being made an errand girl and treated poorly by men who think she's a nuisance. UGH. While I think that Ki's treatment of Hae Ri is his way of protecting her (Ki doesn't want her to be in danger), I don't like that he doesn't see her as his equal and worthy of being a true agent. This episode shows the difference in how Dal Geon and Ki sees Hae Ri. Dal Geon respects Hae Ri and knows she can do so much better, that she is a good agent, etc. I hope the writer wrote Ki better lol

Yeah. I wish KTW wasn't made to be disrespectful and treat his unexperienced juniors like that. With that said, I still think Haeri is unprofessional. But Haeri's and Dalgun's partnership drive the drama. So I can't say anything much about it. Just please don't make KTW totally unlikeable. *sigh*

Archived