[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching today's episode, I think the real shadow is the President's Secretary. Min Jae Shik is just his lackey in NIS. That is why the killer can easily enters the safe house. Director Kang might be known as a traitor by the 'Unkillable' because of what Director Min told them. They may think Dir Kang betray them to deport them back to NK and that is why they joined hands with Min and become assassins. 

About Shadow, who exactly is he to Jessica?  What I mean is, Jessica hired Shadow to do exactly what?  Is it to kill CDG?  Or to bury the truth about the plane crash?  Or to act as the mole in NIS?  

I wonder who the guy that turned CDG's shoulder at the end is.  Also if the reporter is alive, who did he give the flash drive to DG with the info on the co pilot?  Who is he reporting to?  

22 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

I am kinda mad by Go Hae Ri lack of skills. I could not brain how she can easily loose Min Jae Sik like that. 

I actually, from the very first beginning, don’t expect she can do anything successfully which requires “agent skills” so I’m not mad :D

Suzy’s acting isn’t bad, it is just simple. 

“Vagabond” + “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” Lead Weekend Dramas As “Golden Garden” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet

Oct 6, 2019
by E. Cha

897ff6ec67e74266aec8052579c7a7ab.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Vagabond” also stayed strong, scoring average nationwide ratings of 7.2 percent, 10 percent, and 11.3 percent for its three parts. The espionage thriller peaked at 13.2 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area towards the end of its broadcast.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1357035wpp/vagabond-beautiful-love-wonderful-life-lead-weekend-dramas-as-golden-garden-achieves-its-highest-ratings-yet

A few things to say after watching ep 5 and 6.

Either LSG or Suzy eating chicken would have sky rocketed the sales, but both eating the chicken? Their cash register will ring nonstop :D

Wondering why Dalgun can go home after supposedly being killed. Wont the NIS watch for unusual movements in his house. Am pretty sure he will have to be on the run soon. 

I think the President may be innocent in this flight incident, but he is really good for nothing in a way because he only cares for his image. Either being occupied with his makeup or tie colour. The prime minister is the brain and awfully sinister one. And the secretary in the dog seems disgusted with both the President and the prime minister so I am counting on him to be a game changer for the better of things. 

I have noticed the date of 2012 clearly now. Its already ep 6, and next week they go back to Morocco for more investigations, so wonder when they will time leap to present time. Would have wished this series to be longer, am sure we will reach ep 16 in a blink of an eye.

Am also curious how Haeri is going to change track from Ki Tae Woong to Cha Dal Gun, but someone mentioned that if she really love Ki and had no feelings for Dalgun, she should have stayed in the hospital and not bring supper to eat with Cha. I think she has really bonded with Dalgun without knowing it. Looks like Ki Tae Woong might stay in the hospital for the next two eps while the main leads go back to Morocco.

@imgreatgal @incoty @Ameera Ali @40somethingahjumma After watching the last two episodes, I came to the conclusion that the conspiracy is much more complex than it looks like. First of all, we have to question who murdered Michael. On the surface, it seems that Jessica was behind his death. But if we look at the episode 1 again, we see that Michael had been followed by two different kind of people. First, he could escape from three hired killers: image.png I believe, they were the one hired by Jessica. But remember that he used his cellphone in order to warn for the terror attack but his cellphone was hacked. So from my point of view, Michael is now targeted by someone else. This person is working in the NSI based on the hacking and how Michael was tracked down and assaulted. When he called from the booth, the killer was alone. So the murderer was acting on someone else's order. image.png 

In my opinion, Michael discovered Jessica's plan and disagreed with her hence she tried to get rid of him. He could have called Edward Park for instance. Since Michael had died, Jessica thought that the hired killers had succeeded. Notice that when Michael tried to call the airport from his cellphone, his cellphone got hacked hence he got aware that there was a mole in the NSI. Only people from the Secret service could use such a virus. That's why he threw it away.  

As conclusion, J&M is partially to blame for the plane crash. There was someone else who wanted the plane crash to happen. I am starting to suspect Edward Park and the existence of another mole at the NSI working for him as well. Mark the words said by Edward Park:

"Lobbying is not about weapon, it is about people".

We know that Edward Park was Jessica's mentor and the assassin Lilly described Edward Park as a real jerk and villain that's why she refused to work for him. All these clues seem to reinforce this idea that Edward Park is the real big villain. 

In addition, notice how Jessica's plan has been unveiled so quickly... In the next episode, Jessica is already arrested. This explains why Edward Park supported CDG very quickly. He thought that he was the perfect "person" in order to get rid of Jessica. From my point of view, Edward Park had another plan how to get rid of her but since CDG revealed very early that the plan crash was a terror attack and even survived, he thought, he could use him in the end and changed his plan. 

Aside from that point why would the company Dynamic hire a pilot who used to work for the competitor and was seen with the CEO Jessica? In my opinion, Edward Park knew from the beginning what Jessica had been planning and observed her every move. And he used the mole from the NSI for that. 

Notice that Jessica's new assistant lied to her. image.png First she had no idea about the involvement of the journalist and secondly, he reports to her that he got rid of him, while we know now that the man is alive. JBY was used in order to give the info about the co-pilot to CDG and GHR. In my opinion, Jessica is not aware that her assistant is a mole in reality. I would even suspect that Edward Park made sure that Jessica would order Michael's murder in order to replace Michael with his mole, her new confident and assistant.

However, there is another man working for Edward Park and he is at the Blue House. From my point of view, the Prime Minister is the other mole of Edward Park. On the surface, Hong looked like he was supporting J&M but in fact, it was the opposite. How come that the Prime Minister let DGC appeared in front of the president? This is no coincidence. He knew what the stuntman wanted and represented. Furthermore, I suspect that Hong is a double agent. On the surface, he is acting as if he was the president's best advisor but in reality, it could be the opposite. Now, the government will sign with Dynamic and Edward Park has achieved his goal. His company won't even need to pay compensation for the bereaved families. Edward Park is using GHR at the NSI so that he doesn't need to use his mole at the NSI. He can remain in the dark. Park gave the info gathered by the mole from the NSI through different people, never directly because if so, then people would have suspected him. 

But Edward Park made a huge mistake... he chose DGC who is stubborn and very resourceful.  Seeing JBY alive will make him realize that the conspiracy is not over. That's why we can still suspect GTU's colleague or GHR's friend or director Kang for being a mole.

Let me know what you think...

58 minutes ago, Seoulmemories said:

Am also curious how Haeri is going to change track from Ki Tae Woong to Cha Dal Gun, but someone mentioned that if she really love Ki and had no feelings for Dalgun, she should have stayed in the hospital and not bring supper to eat with Cha. I think she has really bonded with Dalgun without knowing it. Looks like Ki Tae Woong might stay in the hospital for the next two eps while the main leads go back to Morocco.

Haeri think Tae Woong hates her, as he rejected her call (actually he was tracking the co-pilot's wife). She did asked what can she do to make Tae Woong not dislike her in her drunken stupor at Dalgun's house. At this point, Daegun was someone she could trust (they practically gone through life and death together) and she had just shot/killed a person for the first time, AND finding out her boss is the John & Mark mole AND her crush is lying injured in hospital, she's visibly shaken and needed someone to calm her nerves with (alcohol). 

Tae Woong will be in Morocco, as seen in next week preview. It's been a few months since the accident (in end of epi 6), you can see that the victim family protested that the government is showing no progress in the investigations, and the defense ministry is colluding with John & Mark (means the President did throw the defense ministry under the bus as advised by the Prime Minister). 

Despite being NIS agent for 6 years, Haeri have received all the adequate training and she's really good with her gun, as demonstrate in episode 1. However, she lacks the real-life experience as in she never shot/killed a person. It makes a lot of difference shooting a target vs a human being. Her boss relegated her to intelligence work only (else than being a traitor, he never attempted to place real harm on Haeri even when he had the chance to do so on several occasions. Maybe he cared about HIS staffs eg his advice to Haeri to be just mediocre, apologizing to her for being harsh with his words, or he is just chauvinistic thinking Haeri is useless and good for making coffee and reports). I believe as the drama progress, Haeri will improve on her physical skills as she encounter more danger thrown at her/Dalgun. So far, her intelligence is what helped her and Dalgun get out of sticky situation a few times. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@imgreatgal @incoty @Ameera Ali @40somethingahjumma After watching the last two episodes, I came to the conclusion that the conspiracy is much more complex than it looks like. First of all, we have to question who murdered Michael. On the surface, it seems that Jessica was behind his death. But if we look at the episode 1 again, we see that Michael had been followed by two different kind of people. First, he could escape from three hired killers:  I believe, they were the one hired by Jessica.  

J&M is partially to blame for the plane crash. There was someone else who wanted the plane crash to happen. I am starting to suspect Edward Park and the existence of another mole at the NSI working for him as well. Mark the words said by Edward Park:

We know that Edward Park was Jessica's mentor and the assassin Lilly described Edward Park as a real jerk and villain that's why she refused to work for him. All these clues seem to reinforce this idea that Edward Park is the real big villain. 

Notice that Jessica's new assistant lied to her.  First she had no idea about the involvement of the journalist and secondly, he reports to her that he got rid of him, while we know now that the man is alive. JBY was used in order to give the info about the co-pilot to CDG and GHR. In my opinion, Jessica is not aware that her assistant is a mole in reality. I would even suspect that Edward Park made sure that Jessica would order Michael's murder in order to replace Michael with his mole, her new confident and assistant.

However, there is another man working for Edward Park and he is at the Blue House. From my point of view, the Prime Minister is the other mole of Edward Park. Now, the government will sign with Dynamic and Edward Park has achieved his goal. His company won't even need to pay compensation for the bereaved families. Edward Park is using GHR at the NSI so that he doesn't need to use his mole at the NSI. He can remain in the dark. Park gave the info gathered by the mole from the NSI through different people, never directly because if so, then people would have suspected him. 

But Edward Park made a huge mistake... he chose DGC who is stubborn and very resourceful.  Seeing JBY alive will make him realize that the conspiracy is not over. That's why we can still suspect GTU's colleague or GHR's friend or director Kang for being a mole.

Dear Bebebisous33, I was lurking & enjoying all the discussions here.  But I must come out to applaud your assessment. Brilliant. Love it

3 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

Dear Bebebisous33, I was lurking & enjoying all the discussions here.  But I must come out to applaud your assessment. Brilliant. Love it

Thanks a lot for the compliment!:)

By the way, I have been thinking that Edward Park might decide to manipulate him, like f. ex. turn GHR into a suspicious person so that CDG stops confiding to her. Maybe the shooting in the beginning of the episode 1 has been organized by him but our hero is not aware of it, he was only told that the mole at the NSI would appear there. But due to the kiss, CDG won't pull the trigger. 

Who else is having second lead syndrome here? :lol:

I want Go Hae Ri to end up with Ki Tae Woong. I think Ki Tae Woong eventually turning soft towards Go Hae Ri is a better narrative than Go Hae Ri with the impulsive, passionate Dal Geon. So I'm really hoping Ki Tae Woong isn't a double agent, secret spy working for the enemy. I want him to be among the good guys, please drama gods. 

47 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Who else is having second lead syndrome here? :lol:

I want Go Hae Ri to end up with Ki Tae Woong. I think Ki Tae Woong eventually turning soft towards Go Hae Ri is a better narrative than Go Hae Ri with the impulsive, passionate Dal Geon. So I'm really hoping Ki Tae Woong isn't a double agent, secret spy working for the enemy. I want him to be among the good guys, please drama gods. 

I think they look good together. I didn't expect them to look compatible. I went in fully knowing that this is a LSGxSuzy drama, so I never expected that Ki Tae Woong will be a contender for Haeri's affection. In fact she is the one crushing on him makes it better. Lol!

6 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I think they look good together. I didn't expect them to look compatible.

Riiiiight? In the hospital scene I was like, "LEAVE, CHA DAL GEON! Leave the two lovebirds alone!" :lol: I'd really be sad if they don't end up together. I'd rather have Go Hae Ri and Ki Tae Woong have a secret office romance lol than the obvious main lead relationship. 

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@imgreatgal @incoty @Ameera Ali @40somethingahjumma After watching the last two episodes, I came to the conclusion that the conspiracy is much more complex than it looks like. First of all, we have to question who murdered Michael. On the surface, it seems that Jessica was behind his death. But if we look at the episode 1 again, we see that Michael had been followed by two different kind of people. First, he could escape from three hired killers:  I believe, they were the one hired by Jessica. But remember that he used his cellphone in order to warn for the terror attack but his cellphone was hacked. So from my point of view, Michael is now targeted by someone else. This person is working in the NSI based on the hacking and how Michael was tracked down and assaulted. When he called from the booth, the killer was alone. So the murderer was acting on someone else's order.  

In my opinion, Michael discovered Jessica's plan and disagreed with her hence she tried to get rid of him. He could have called Edward Park for instance. Since Michael had died, Jessica thought that the hired killers had succeeded. Notice that when Michael tried to call the airport from his cellphone, his cellphone got hacked hence he got aware that there was a mole in the NSI. Only people from the Secret service could use such a virus. That's why he threw it away.  

As conclusion, J&M is partially to blame for the plane crash. There was someone else who wanted the plane crash to happen. I am starting to suspect Edward Park and the existence of another mole at the NSI working for him as well. Mark the words said by Edward Park:

We know that Edward Park was Jessica's mentor and the assassin Lilly described Edward Park as a real jerk and villain that's why she refused to work for him. All these clues seem to reinforce this idea that Edward Park is the real big villain. 

In addition, notice how Jessica's plan has been unveiled so quickly... In the next episode, Jessica is already arrested. This explains why Edward Park supported CDG very quickly. He thought that he was the perfect "person" in order to get rid of Jessica. From my point of view, Edward Park had another plan how to get rid of her but since CDG revealed very early that the plan crash was a terror attack and even survived, he thought, he could use him in the end and changed his plan. 

Aside from that point why would the company Dynamic hire a pilot who used to work for the competitor and was seen with the CEO Jessica? In my opinion, Edward Park knew from the beginning what Jessica had been planning and observed her every move. And he used the mole from the NSI for that. 

Notice that Jessica's new assistant lied to her.  First she had no idea about the involvement of the journalist and secondly, he reports to her that he got rid of him, while we know now that the man is alive. JBY was used in order to give the info about the co-pilot to CDG and GHR. In my opinion, Jessica is not aware that her assistant is a mole in reality. I would even suspect that Edward Park made sure that Jessica would order Michael's murder in order to replace Michael with his mole, her new confident and assistant.

However, there is another man working for Edward Park and he is at the Blue House. From my point of view, the Prime Minister is the other mole of Edward Park. On the surface, Hong looked like he was supporting J&M but in fact, it was the opposite. How come that the Prime Minister let DGC appeared in front of the president? This is no coincidence. He knew what the stuntman wanted and represented. Furthermore, I suspect that Hong is a double agent. On the surface, he is acting as if he was the president's best advisor but in reality, it could be the opposite. Now, the government will sign with Dynamic and Edward Park has achieved his goal. His company won't even need to pay compensation for the bereaved families. Edward Park is using GHR at the NSI so that he doesn't need to use his mole at the NSI. He can remain in the dark. Park gave the info gathered by the mole from the NSI through different people, never directly because if so, then people would have suspected him. 

Wow... what a detailed observation and explanation. I really applaud how detailed you observed this drama and come out with these theories.  Edwark Park is always fishy... I have a feeling the reporter is a bait from Edward Park to get CDG and deliver the 'theory' to him. Hence his secretary said 'Now I know why you choose CDG.' 

I also have suspects about these 3 as the mole. 

36 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Riiiiight? In the hospital scene I was like, "LEAVE, CHA DAL GEON! Leave the two lovebirds alone!" :lol: I'd really be sad if they don't end up together. I'd rather have Go Hae Ri and Ki Tae Woong have a secret office romance lol than the obvious main lead relationship. 

Honestly, I have never been a shipper but here I have to say that I would like GHR to end up with KTW. CDG has just lost a family member and as such, his mind is more preoccupied to find justice for his nephew's death than finding a girlfriend. 

I would like to add another observation. Yoon Han Ki gave CDG some bubble gum in the car and it really looked suspicious. In my opinion, the gum was drugged so that CDG fell asleep later. That way, he wouldn't eat the drugged food. Therefore I suspect that Yoon knew about the plan of the assassination but wanted this mission to fail. So far, they knew that CDG had been able to survive many murder attempts. From my point of view, Yoon is working for Edward Park. The Prime Minister Hong is a double agent, just like the new assistant of Jessica, Mr. Hong, is a mole. He knew that Jessica had contacted Shadow. The way I see it, director Kang could be working for Edward Park, unaware that he has been helping the wrong guy in the end. (see my theory mentioned above)

Notice that the doctor K was recommended by director Kang, yet the doctor K knows Min as well. We have the same situation with GHR. She feels close to Kang, yet she works under Min. Notice that Kang was the one who asked her to go to Portugal and he knew Michael. The fact that both Min and Kang have similar connections makes me think that Edward Park might have been in contact with Kang for quite some time. But strangely, I feel that Kang is not a traitor, someone who would have no conscience. I have the feeling that he could have been manipulated by Edward Park and the real mole at the NSI working for the weapon lobbyist head is someone else. The spy had to observe every move of Jessica.

By the way, GHR's colleague is someone who works a lot with computer and programs. Maybe she could have been the one who put the virus in the USB stick. Don#t forget that Michael's phone was hacked as well... She is definitely suspicious, moreover she received the video first.

From my point of view, Edward Park's goal could have been to get revenge on Jessica for her betrayal and to make sure that the people working for her at the NSI get busted. Shadow's identity has been revealed now.    

Thanks @bebebisous33 i must admit i'm awed by your detail observation of the events in episode 1 plus several other details that we may have overlooked. Reading your analysis made me look a the bigger picture when the mass is focusing on Jessica as the villain.

Someone here mentioned that the plane crash took place in 2012 so the events so far has been a flash back and the scene in the desert is the present day?

26 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Hahaha. I like them...I watched spoilers and the hospital scene was awesome. Haha!

ZYr675.gif

But after watching ep 6, I question either I'm willing to ship KTW with Hae Ri anymore. Hae Ri lacks sense and I'm not talking about when she's drunk. She lacks sense when she's sober. Her confrontation with her boss at the salon room was evidence. 

Why would she do this? My goodness..use your NIS training and corner him. This scene was a total facepalm moment. She didn't even have a strategy. She jumped in, whipped out her gun and talked and talked and talked some more. Got distracted and her boss ran away. *huge sigh*

p8LYyV.gif

xnLkKB.gif

Archived