Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST

Hahaha! I haven't watched ep 4 Hae Ri-Tae Woong history is amusing :lol:. Based on the character chart, Hae Ri is 30ish years old..similar to Ki Tae Woong and Hwang Bora. Seems to me like they were all at the same level once and were on friendly terms. If she was interviewed in 2006, and now it's 2012, she has 6 years of experience....so she's not really a rookie??

Side note: don't worry this is not a shipping post. Hahaha! I just want KTW to smile. He seems like a sad character so far with his idealistic and zoned in views on a clean and just NIS/society. So having some cute background between him and Hae Ri was unexpected and fun (in real life it won't be cute..Hae Ri can be reprimanded for harrassment...yes, a man can report too). Hua3

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, tarjig said:

But then again, the writers may make her a love interest and she turns on her employers. Now I would like that.

I am hoping for that actually.  That CDG will impress her so much she turns to the light.  It was sort of foreshadowed I think when she told Jessica she charges a premium for good guys.  It means for her, there’s a difference.  It’s harder on her conscience to kill a good guy than to rid the world of a bad guy so she wants more to compensate for it. 

• Like 11

My question is...whose house is he crashing? And why are there no curtains. Haha (i haven't watched ep 4 yet)

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

It's not bad, entertaining enough... although aspects of it feels imitative, rather like a low budget Hollywood action flick. Since I have a Netflix subscription... why not?

Lee Seung Gi, is great as usual... always reliable and elevates the material as well. Suzy is okay... improved a lot in the acting department.

As usual it's terrible, greedy people behind the whole thing... what they wouldn't do for a lot of money. But I am struggling to see how this storyline should be dragged out for 16 episodes. I'm wondering if I should just binge watch this when it's done.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

My question is...whose house is he crashing? And why are there no curtains. Haha (i haven't watched ep 4 yet)

Mr. Park offered DG and HR the apartment to stay in and use as a safe house for the time being.

It's where their love will bloom.

Ratings rose!

Nationwide 6.8 / 8.1 / 10.2

Seoul 7.6 / 8.8 / 11.1

Peak rating of 13.51%

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, incoty said:

Mr. Park offered DG and HR the apartment to stay in and use as a safe house for the time being.

It's where their love will bloom.

Ratings rose!

Nationwide 6.8 / 8.1 / 10.2

Seoul 7.6 / 8.8 / 11.1

Peak rating of 13.51%

Yay for the ratings!!! Yay!

And thanks for the explanation. I'll watch ep 4 soon. Hehe

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

As usual it's terrible, greedy people behind the whole thing... what they wouldn't do for a lot of money. But I am struggling to see how this storyline should be dragged out for 16 episodes. I'm wondering if I should just binge watch this when it's done.

Same.  I think I will stay for a few more episodes and then jump on the Leverage bandwagon instead. 

• Like 7

Episode 1 till 4 have been wow! I'm still hoping they'll keep up with it. The car chase scene was awesome although not as awesome as the Bourne movie lol . Just wondering with the care scene don't these people ever get a traffic summons? I mean they were wrecking public property and endangering people's lives.

Since I'm between other dramas I just don't mind keep up with this.

3 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

And why are there no curtains. Haha 

When he has been a target since Morocco. Crazy!

• Like 8

LSG is simply excellent in this role.

Whether it is an emotional scene or an action scene, or

a shirtless scene...:)

I kinda would  like it if TW were on the team with HR and DG, and they

would work together to find out the truth.

Of course Lily liked when  DG is shirtless. :D

But, I think she really became interested in him when he got out of that

overturned car. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

15697527801569752730.gif

5d9093dd7a310816800509.gif?download

Ep 3 & 4   Conclusion thought  :phew:

@Lawyerh & @Sarang21  I am glad she still like to doze in his shoulder after all these 100 years :joy::mrgreen: - he probably thinking the same 10 dollar by hour darling pay in front :joy:

• LOL 11
  • Thanks 2

At ep4, I would think that CDG would have wizened up to the antics of the bad guys. It seems he has been in the realization mode from ep2. Perhaps they are trying to show just how deep and wide the corruption is but i hope they know we get it. 

Other than that, I like the show for its chase and action scenes. They’re pretty well executed and there is satisfaction in having a hero who smacks everyone who tries to hurt him. It might be unbelievable but hey, it’s entertainment. He does get minor injuries to look like the part. 

I had no expectations of Suzy because I don’t know what to expect. But she’s pretty okay though I wish she was a bit tougher. She looks very groomed even in a tussle...that is quite funny. 

I think i am I am going to love Mr Ki. Is SSR really going to be the good guy this round?? I can’t wait!

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

53 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Ep 3 & 4   Conclusion thought  :phew:

@Lawyerh & @Sarang21  I am glad she still like to doze in his shoulder after all these 100 years :joy::mrgreen: - he probably thinking the same 10 dollar by hour darling pay in front :joy:

Old habits never die :mrgreen:

At the end of their previous drama If I remember correctly Suzy´s character was a police officer in the modern world? So this drama could be seen as a  continuation of their over 100 years old love story :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

47 minutes ago, rocat said:

there is satisfaction in having a hero who smacks everyone who tries to hurt him.

This is probably the main reason I am continuing watching. And SSR possibly being the good guy. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

Ain’t our leads having a rather sad life?

Almost everyone except for them (and a few others) are actually good :cry:

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I'm really enjoying the show this far.  Is it imperfect?  Yes.  But to be fair, no drama is completely perfect.  Perhaps we all had very high expectations for the drama because we waited so long; maybe our expectations were too high, and we are too easily disappointed in consequence.

I will continue watching and enjoying Vagabond.

However, after the threat that was made against me by another poster on this thread, I am dropping posting about Vagabond.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, thistle said:

I'm really enjoying the show this far.  Is it imperfect?  Yes.  But to be fair, no drama is completely perfect.  Perhaps we all had very high expectations for the drama because we waited so long; maybe our expectations were too high, and we are too easily disappointed in consequence.

I will continue watching and enjoying Vagabond.

However, after the threat that was made against me by another poster on this thread, I am dropping posting about Vagabond.

For me my expectations were high because it´s a pre-produced drama with a high budget. So since they are not under the same time stress that live-shooting dramas are under..I expect the quality to be better.  But with all it´s flaws I´m still enjoying the show and hope that it will continue to get better until the end. 

I´m sorry to hear that you have received a threat by another poster but please don´t take it to heart and don´t let it discourage you to stop posting. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

@thistle Please continue posting... I agree with you, @nrllee and others that this drama is definitely lacking in some areas.

In my eyes, this drama has its flaws but mainly due to the writing. They turned GHR into a superficial and naive NIS agent. Her reactions were sometimes quite disturbing... like f. ex. when she is happy because she thinks, she will get promoted for discovering that the plane crash was a terror attack. How can she rejoice about such a promotion, when it is connected to the death of more than hundred people? It makes her look like insensitive and selfish. Besides, she was initially introduced as a super agent (she has a cover in Morroco), then once week later, she is described as a rookie. Then we see her having a gun unloaded (?) in her flat... as a NIS agent, her gun is supposed to be loaded. Her colleague came aloof too... I can not see her as a NSI agent due to her comments. 

I guess, the main error is that the writer tried to create funny scenes but this doesn't work here. They should have sticked more to the action and the thriller. Comedy is in the wrong place here.

But now, let's focus on the story itself. I have the impression that the real issue of this "incident" is not just J&M as such but the politicians and the NSI. Like the director Kang Joo Chul said it, the NSI's work has changed. The agents have become the errand boys for the government. Jessica would have never been able to organize such a plane accident, if the president and the Prime Minister hadn't already decided to support J&M. I have the feeling that there could be another person working at the NSI who has been helping them... the one who was smoking a big cigar. So the corruption is the real problem in reality which explains why CDG has to work outside the box in the end... he is forced to become a vagabond as he can no longer rely on the authorities. He will try to use the media and ask for the president's help, in the end he will fail. That's why he will leave GHR's side. GHR is definitely too naive, when it comes to NSI. She has not realized that agents in the NIS are traitors.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 5

53 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@thistle Please continue posting... I agree with you, @nrllee and others that this drama is definitely lacking in some areas.

In my eyes, this drama has its flaws but mainly due to the writing. They turned GHR into a superficial and naive NIS agent. Her reactions were sometimes quite disturbing... like f. ex. when she is happy because she thinks, she will get promoted for discovering that the plane crash was a terror attack. How can she rejoice about such a promotion, when it is connected to the death of more than hundred people? It makes her look like insensitive and selfish. Besides, she was initially introduced as a super agent (she has a cover in Morroco), then once week later, she is described as a rookie. Then we see her having a gun unloaded (?) in her flat... as a NIS agent, her gun is supposed to be loaded. Her colleague came aloof too... I can not see her as a NSI agent due to her comments. 

I guess, the main error is that the writer tried to create funny scenes but this doesn't work here. They should have sticked more to the action and the thriller. Comedy is in the wrong place here.

But now, let's focus on the story itself. I have the impression that the real issue of this "incident" is not just J&M as such but the politicians and the NSI. Like the director Kang Joo Chul said it, the NSI's work has changed. The agents have become the errand boys for the government. Jessica would have never been able to organize such a plane accident, if the president and the Prime Minister hadn't already decided to support J&M. I have the feeling that there could be another person working at the NSI who has been helping them... the one who was smoking a big cigar. So the corruption is the real problem in reality which explains why CDG has to work outside the box in the end... he is forced to become a vagabond as he can no longer rely on the authorities. He will try to use the media and ask for the president's help, in the end he will fail. That's why he will leave GHR's side. GHR is definitely too naive, when it comes to NSI. She has not realized that agents in the NIS are traitors.

Chingu! So happy to see you here.

Yes absolutely, I have a problem with the writing too. I mean I don’t even work for the government and if I found out children, the very ones I was responsible for inviting from my country, died in a plane crash, I wouldn’t be so cavalier about it like she’s been the whole time (maybe except when she flashed back to what he said and when she heard the audio but still the promotion and just overall lack of empathy and accountability ruin it). We also know from her interview video, that she applied there in 2006(and it’s 2012 at this point in drama?) so how can she be so much of a rookie that even after six years she can’t defend herself against the male lead yet be qualified enough to call herself an NIS agent?  And then if she’s so smart and relies on brains, why did she so far have to ask two of her colleagues one of which (elder guy) seems to be in on it with her male coworker? 

I think my my biggest problem is none of these spy centric cases seem to relate to modern day issues like I’m used to seeing in kdramas and enjoy. Unless maybe this plane event was a re-enactment of when that Malaysia airlines went missing or something? I don’t know, I’m honestly a bit lost with what’s going in. So far we have this woman (always speaking super good English) that seems to be related to the old mans death that tried calling in the plane crash to report. She is the bad side I guess. Along with others working for korean embassy as we see our leads face off each one. But what conspiracy is going on? What kind of corrupt is happening that little kids would have to be the sacrifices of it? And you’re telling me there’s no good NIS agents? Just seems like everyone in power and the mass majority of spies are on the bad side which makes this even more frustrating.

So vagabond means he’s not loyal to one agency? Is he like a freelancing assassin? Or agent for intelligence (aka giving info to different country agencies?) or he’s like a vigilante and just does his own thing? The only thing about the last one is how does he have the money to fund being a nomad like that and hide from such powerful people that want him killed to shush him up?

• Like 9

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Exactly.  It’s not the fault of the acting cast, it’s the writing.  How HR has been written makes it very hard for me to accept now that she’s suddenly going to move from where she is at now to becoming a super agent.  Her drunk kissing, her overconfidence.  It just makes her comedic when I desperately want to take her seriously.  

4 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

For me my expectations were high because it´s a pre-produced drama with a high budget. So since they are not under the same time stress that live-shooting dramas are under..I expect the quality to be better.

Yeah that was me too.  It was hyped so much and I was really expecting writing and production to be tighter.

@thistle keep posting if you’re staying on to watch regardless. I enjoy reading your posts :D.     

• Like 7