Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST

9 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Still not sure if she really is. But that Chief who told her to go to Lisbon, I think, is someone who used to be with her in NIS. Remember that "M" who called Haeri, when he met that Chief, he was telling him how it isn't so bad to be in Psychology Intelligence Dept or something, so I'm guessing he probably was demoted to that position. That last interview video scene of Haeri, the voice of the person interviewing her is that same Chief, imo. She might be doing it more as a favor.

Btw, nice to see you here too :D.

Yo! Good to see you here too! I gotta move on from the previous drama, though I am still having the withdrawal syndrome with that drama (u know which drama, haha!).

Anyway, that's why I was wondering and curious if she is a double agent. I didn't point finger to her yet as the double agent. Too early to tell. Maybe for now she is on the good side, who knows what her character development will be.  Hehe.  :)

But, it's interesting to see they show the process she tried to piece together the conversation from the video and from the black box. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I was busy today so I'm just now watching episode 2.  I had to stop for a minute because I was laughing so hard when I saw the name on GHR's fake Japanese passport:  Nagasawa Masami.

I've watched a whole lot more JDoramas than I have KDramas, so I knew who she was right away: 

Spoiler

Nagasawa Masami is well-known actress who has been starring in TV shows and movies since 2000, and she's also known for having a bit of a scandal for dating Ninomiya Kazunari for five years (because everybody knows that "Johnny's" are not allowed to date).  

This is nothing important.  I'm just amused that the production team borrowed the name of a real actress for the fake passport.  I just love little details like that.  :P

• Like 5
  • LOL 9
  • Awesome 1

@katakwasabi , @lightbringer06 and @Ameera Ali  :D

Thanks for sharing the photo of the actor (Yoo Teo) , i was shocked too when comparing him in AC drama (Ragazeu). He is my fave Neanthal too. He is quite suitable in this killing role because of his swift action, same in AC drama. Thanks god, he has more screen time in this drama, unlike in AC, he died in first EP. :crazy:.

1. The Stunning act in EP1 reminded me of Jackie Chan movie.

2. The dynamic storytelling reminded me of the IRIS drama, designed to adapt to social-connected multi-platform world where story can relate widely to the audience.

3. The crush of the airplane reminded me of the MH370 plane crush and went missing. The conspiracy comes with many versions and still under investigation and unknown yet. 

I am not sure how the story heading to, but definitely involving the politics and focuses on the conspiracy theory that revolving the NIS agents and the international spy/agents. My favorite genre of drama. i hope it goes well as we move along. :)

• Like 13

“Vagabond” Pulls No. 1 Ratings For 2nd Episode; “Arthdal Chronicles” And “Mother Of Mine” Gear Up For Their Finales

Sep 22, 2019
by E. Cha
93d4bf691eb549fe9cdff3e86dabd0fb.jpeg?s=

The battle for weekend drama ratings continues to be as fierce as ever!

SBS’s new drama “Vagabond” appears to be off to a stable start: on September 21, the second episode of the action thriller starring Lee Seung Gi and Suzy maintained its position at first place in its time slot. According to Nielsen Korea, the drama’s second broadcast scored average nationwide ratings of 5.8 percent, 8.1 percent, and 10.3 percent for its three parts, performing similarly to the series premiere from the night before.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353974wpp/vagabond-pulls-no-1-ratings-for-2nd-episode-arthdal-chronicles-and-mother-of-mine-gear-up-for-their-finales

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Wow @Sarang21 , you make me spelled my coffee, was he that crazy :joy:

something special for you :mrgreen::joy: 

Yeah he was that kind of crazy :joy:

Thank you for the gif...but he is still making me so confused...I hate his character but also love that he survived past the second episode and that I will get to see him more compared to his previous drama... :persevere::joy: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I'm still reeling by the fact that SSR aka Ki Tae Woong hasn't appeared. And I have to wait another week for him. I have yet to continue ep 2, will do it sometime soon hopefully.

Meanwhile...I digged a bit about Yoo Teo aka Jerome aka the bad guy. Here are some pics of him that I found~ heh

He looks so different. Softer and paler than Jerome. He reminds me of SSR outside of dramas. Hahahaha

This was from VB wrap up party.

0003559787_001_20190524195002778.jpg&typ

Some other photos

2019061901001293700089061_20190618141010

• Like 8

So far, the show is handling the espionage bit pretty well. It is very obvious who brought down the plane and for what reason but not too clear on who exactly is involved and what the chain of command is or how deeply corrupt the society.  But we can hazard a guess. I hope the revelation doesn’t disappoint... that would bomb the show. Pun intended heh. 

How does one earn 18 Martial arts degrees? Is that why LSG’s character can parkour, scale walls and leap like a gazelle? The only thing left for him to do is fly.

Does Suzy’s character fight? Or is she going to be like a modern archer with a gun? So LSG is somewhat her bodyguard while she’s the one with intelligence. I see where this might be going ... hmmm. 

I like how the dots are connected pretty quickly to determine that the crash was a terrorist act. I am amazed at how many languages a secret agent needs to know -  not sure why but it looked to me that the sunbae was sounding Spanish out? At the lab, it was a translation but the sunbae was too?

The pacing is fantastic - 1 hr flew right by. The subtitling is excellent this round. Phew, I hope they keep it up.

• Like 10

Am4uJHT.jpg

Hlg3zXE.jpg

2006/Aug/05

CDG and GHS had job interview/audition on the same day back in 2006. ;)

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I am so completely lost >.<

Why were those guys after Michael?? Why'd they kill him? Was it his own people (John & Mark)?

• Like 5

Just watched ep1.... aigooo... let his nephew survive!! Pleaseeeeeeee......

How the heck did that guy survive a plane crash!

I like LSG's haircut here... :)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Seoulmemories said:

I like that they use an Arabic music as background, add to the exoticness of the whole show.

7 hours ago, findit said:

I love OST and BGMs too! 

<Vagabond> music director is Hyeseung Nam, one of the most successful MDs in the k-drama industry. She was the music director of <Goblin> as well.

I thought I'm the only one digging the BGM and OST .. ha ha.. Hope we can hear more lovely songs and BGMs as I see that the music director is the same with Goblin... niceu~!

7 hours ago, Ellander88 said:

Yo! Good to see you here too! I gotta move on from the previous drama, though I am still having the withdrawal syndrome with that drama (u know which drama, haha!).

Anyway, that's why I was wondering and curious if she is a double agent. I didn't point finger to her yet as the double agent. Too early to tell. Maybe for now she is on the good side, who knows what her character development will be.  Hehe.  :)

But, it's interesting to see they show the process she tried to piece together the conversation from the video and from the black box. 

HAHA... me too! Reason why I stopped visiting the thread for me to move on^^.

Wouldn't it be more interesting if we do have a double agent? That is why I am already very curious about that desert opening scene. Did CDG actually become a soldier? Assasin? And why was the target Haeri?.... hmmm.. juicy :lol: Bet the romance will be too.. kekeke

6 hours ago, thistle said:

I had to stop for a minute because I was laughing so hard when I saw the name on GHR's fake Japanese passport:  Nagasawa Masami.

I've watched a whole lot more JDoramas than I have KDramas, so I knew who she was right away: 

LOL.... i totally forgot to mention that. I thought I was the only one who noticed it. I even paused the vid when I was watching it to make sure I actually read Nagasawa Masami.. ha ha. One of the most versatile J-actress for me^^. Not sure if they deliberately used that name or just a coincidence but the name isn't that common so I guess it's intentional. Maybe the writer/director is a fan of her.. hehe

6 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

He is quite suitable in this killing role because of his swift action, same in AC drama. Thanks god, he has more screen time in this drama, unlike in AC, he died in first EP. :crazy:.

It's quite contradicting that you don't wanna see more of him here since he's a villain, while in that other drama, you were so upset that they killed him off in ep 1.. ha ha.. as you wanna see more of him^^. But glad to see him have more screentime here. This is his second drama after AC. I saw that he's also a filmmaker. Found his insta since Suzy is following him too.

4 hours ago, choiwj720 said:

Why were those guys after Michael?? Why'd they kill him? Was it his own people (John & Mark)?

That would be one of the mysteries to be unraveled. 

• Like 9

R5bmLDr.jpg

So CDG digged GHR’s underwear box 

No wonder Haeri slapped him on the face hard :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

6 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

Yeah he was that kind of crazy :joy:

Thank you for the gif...but he is still making me so confused...I hate his character but also love that he survived past the second episode and that I will get to see him more compared to his previous drama... :persevere::joy: 

I want him to stay too :yum: 

but sad oppa lost this beautiful nephew because of him  :persevere:

Watching their Memories was hard 

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

5d877b8668603529018224.gif?download

He spoke so soon , now he need to give him his bank account in heaven  :mrgreen::joy:

3b8d40.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 10

22 hours ago, findit said:

I adore CGD and am already rooting for him but I have to agree with you. He should calm down a little bit. That action could put him in foreign jail for life. Understandable considering his situation, but still.

We all know GD is a stuntman but he should start using more of his brains and less of his muscle lol coz this people he's is dealing with are not a joke they will try to cover up at any cost. Maybe even the president is involved. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, choiwj720 said:

Basically it's a matter of a push to win a very lucrative government arms contract, and the passenger plane was collateral damage.

I think that Michael's death was by own people.  J&M were willing to do absolutely anything to get the fighter plane contract.  The passenger airplane was blown up so that it would look like the operating systems from Dynamic were faulty.  That question about reliability could change the opinion of government for J&M (which had more expensive fighters) to get the deal instead of Dynamic which had better and cheaper fighters. 

But Michael intended to alert the authorities that the airplane was sabotaged.  He tried to report it but his cell phone was hacked and he couldn't make the call.  So he was killed to shut him up before he could tell the truth or give a warning. 

At the end of the day, at least Michael had a conscience.  Kinda sorry he's dead.

The question for me is who killed him.  It was a woman wearing a dark coat.  Could that have been his colleague from J&M?  Or was it GHR?  We clearly saw her throw a coat over the chair when she got home, and it looked like the same one the assassin was wearing.

• Like 6

Hello All! I just watched episode 1 and I gotta say, that was an experience. Cried the first episode already, as soon as I knew it was his nephew on the place my heart fell. And the lady with her baby names... 

• Like 5