[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

52 minutes ago, lu09 said:

@Ameera Ali I have yet to watch the episode but man, you are not joking lol:mrgreen::joy:. He is another level ROFL:mrgreen:. Now I feel better lying about my CV:D:glasses:.

He should keep playing this rather than stunt act :tounge_wink:

@lightbringer06 for someone didn’t come to morocco before he run freely like a bird  :joy: 

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

I like the first ep! Dalgun and Hoon broke my heart.

I don't think Suzy knows about the plane crash plan. It looks like there are more than one person giving out the calls in this. Could possibly be Suzy was hired/instructed to kill the guy but she was not in cahoots with the other guys chasing him. Maybe. 

Excited for ep 2! I want Ki Tae Woong! Ahahahah

Sleek intro!

• Like 10

I bring Kviewers comments! Positive comments yay!!! The complaints are about ads since it is split in 3 parts. Apart from that strong premiere ep! Vagabond break 30%! Gajjjaa!!!

vaga.png

Article: Naver 'Vagabond' Lee Seung Gi loses nephew from an airplane terror... Begins chasing the person behind it 

1. [+1685,-178]
The action scenes are daebak. 

2. [+1477,-103]
Personally, it's just the first episode, but the directing, acting, immersion are so good! But it's just one little thing... The ads. The episode is broken into 3 parts. That bothers me!

3. [+1051,-146]
The immersion is crazy... An hour went by quickly... I cried together when Lee Seung Gi cried. His acting is so good. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+778,-55]
Wow.... I didn't realized an hour had passed by. The ads are...

5. [+628,-72]
It's interesting.....

6. [+480,-137]
Suzy's acting is good. Lee Seung Gi's acting is good. The action scenes are daebak. The quality is daebak.. It's so fun...

7. [+359,-41]
It seriously felt like I've watched a movie.. Suzy is suspicious too. Everyone except Cha Dal Gun seems like a bad person..

8. [+320,-26]
It's fun.. The ads are the only flaw. How could they cut off Lee Seung Gi's crying scene and put an ad in? Leaves me speechless.

9. [+345,-60]
I didn't realize how much time has passed. It felt like only 10 mins has passed. It was really intense and it sucked me in. As hard as Lee Seung Gi worked, the action scenes are really good. Suzy's acting is natural and good. I like it. Daebak!

10. [+287,-42]
Finally got a drama to watch on a public tv channel. ^^

bond.png

Article: Naver 'Vagabond' Lee Seung Gi, stuntman taxi driver... lies to his nephew 

1. [+202,-10]
It's like a movie. This isn't draggy, the story flows well. It's fun. 

2. [+130,-5]
It's so thrilling from the first episode. 

3. [+119,-3]
This is really thrilling. Lee Seung Gi is so cool. 

4. [+99,-2]
Let's overcome the ads. #Vagabond #Fighting

5. [+79,-6]
It's so interesting!!! ㅋㅋ I thought I was watching a movie ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Lee Seung Gi and Suzy have good visuals, their acting skills are good, the story is solid. Lee Seung Gi's action scenes are exceptional. 

6. [+48,-2]
Why... are there so many ads... Let me focus. 

7. [+34,-0]
It's really interesting. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Lee Seung Gi's acting is really good. 

8. [+32,-1]
Lee Seung Gi really worked hard during his action scenes. 

9. [+25,-0]
It's so fun. The scale is huge, I like it. But please, just leave it at 1 ad... Make it 2 parts. ㅠㅠ It's an intense spy drama, splitting it into 3 parts breaks the flow... 

10. [+20,-0]
Lee Seung Gi's acting is really natural and the action scenes are so good. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Suzy And Lee Seung Gi’s New Drama “Vagabond” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings

Sep 21, 2019
by E. Cha
f58d768b23e143409e35a7e8fdad2542.jpeg?s=

SBS’s new drama “Vagabond” is off to a strong start!

“Vagabond” is an espionage action thriller starring Lee Seung Gi as Cha Dal Gun, a stuntman who sets out to uncover the truth behind a mysterious plane crash and ends up stumbling upon a massive corruption scandal in the process. Suzy also stars in the drama as Go Hae Ri, a National Intelligence Service (NIS) secret agent working undercover at the South Korean embassy in Morocco.

On September 20, “Vagabond” premiered at the top of its time slot. According to Nielsen Korea, the drama’s first broadcast scored average nationwide ratings of 6.3 percent, 8.0 percent, and 10.2 percent for its three parts—marking the highest viewership ratings in its time slot across all public broadcast networks.

Not only did the “Vagabond” premiere take first place in its time slot, but it also matched the 10.2 percent finale ratings of its predecessor “Doctor John,” the SBS drama that previously occupied the time slot.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353813wpp/suzy-and-lee-seung-gis-new-drama-vagabond-premieres-to-no-1-ratings

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Anyone knows what year was the first episode set in? Is it 2006 like the flashback scene? But they have smartphones so I don't think its in 2006. I also don't think its 2019 either. Since Hoon is still young.

It’s 2012 so 7 years ago 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, findit said:

It’s 2012 so 7 years ago 

Thanks! Now it makes sense that the CGI during the weapon conference look slightly outdated. Hehehe

35 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

I was curious about the budget of this drama, since it looks so well done and feels like watching Jason Bourne with asian actor instead :lol:.

At staggering 25 billion Korean won or 21 million $ budget, no surprise this drama looks so smooth & good.

Just some comparison with other high budget drama for reference :

I think its a money well spent & good luck for all the actors. I agree with Shin Seung Rok comment, this drama is kind on another level. 

Lol. Shin Sung Rok took the ball for Vagabond ratings expectations. Initially I thought 30% was a tad too high but thinking about it I agree with him that expectations can't be low especially for a drama with a big budget and also huge effort from everyone involved in making it happen. Anyways...I like most of his dramas so far. I think he has good script picking skills. So I have hope this one will be good too. Ep 1 was good and he wasn't even in it! Hahahahaha :lol:

Looking at the drama budget comparison...I'm quite surprised with the list. I didn't expect some of the dramas on the list. But as far as Vagabond goes...I think it is money well spent. In ep 1 they utilized Morocco's surroundings well. I liked that. Morocco is pretty.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Just got back from Jeju on Friday and totally forgotten the premier.  Thank God, Netflix preview this. And I am watching it now. For so long, I dont get excited with LSG drama. What a cool drama. Eventhough, Cha Hoon scene only a few, but I really like it and their chemistry as Uncle and Nephew, sold it. Cannot wait how  LSG turns to a sniper as seen in opening scene.  

I am ok with Suzie. 

• Like 9

Wow! I just came out from watching episode one and it was amazing! I repeat amazing! Hahaha I feel that I’m watching a marvel movie! CDG is like capt America and Spider-Man rolled into one! Hehehe! He’s sticky with that guy.

Hoon scene is so sad. LSG really killed me with that mourning scene, I was crying with him all the way. Suzy is just so sexy with that stocking scene. Girl power ya all! 

This conspiracy theory is just so cruel! Just to make their jet sell they need to sacrifice hundred of lives, not only in the plane but all the people who got the message died. So sad. I just hope that the story will remain the pace and I think so it will continue because it’s already pre produce so I put my trust in the whole Vagabond crew! Fighting! 

Just wondering when that man in the plane has aerosol? I though in planes it’s not allowed in hand carry, plus is he having a parachute? How the hell he survived? 

• Like 7

I just started this and it's looking good. So excited to see SSR again on screen so quickly.

I love the intro with SG's character and the flashbacks clips of him with his nephew (?) really nicely done.

Having been a fan of suzy in dream high but no so much in her other dramas, I hope she shows some more range here 

Updated: loved it haha 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

@Ameera Ali .. all of the above :lol:

Seeing Hoon called CDG uncle and their interactions reminds me of 'Samchon' LSG in Little Forest :D. And I tell you, LSG is an appa material. Which makes it more sadder to see Hoon die :tears:. I guess DG didn't even bother to get married because he has Hoon as a responsibility. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5